Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been writing this for a long time, but hadn't the guts to post any smut. As that has been broken (see "Purdah", although that's "smutless smut"), I thought I'd do it. This is especially for Jenn, and the rest of the chat chicks, because I've been taunting them with it for so long.
The train sped through the country so quickly he barely had a chance to glimpse it. Not that he minded. He had enough beautiful scenery sitting right next to him. He looked over at Rogue, who was being uncharacteristically quiet. "You all right?" he asked, squeezing her hand gently. She looked a little surprised when she glanced up and replied, "Of course." A perfectly crooked smile formed on her face.

Logan found his mouth quirking up in response. "Good."

He kept watch of her from the corner of his eye, but she didn't seem to be doing more than wringing her hands together. Normally, not a good sign. She seemed preoccupied by something.

They were on one of their usual mutant-in-trouble hunts. Xavier had called them in and told them about a young man in Connecticut who could imitate other mutants' powers. Not unlike Mystique. Or Rogue. So, they were off. And normally, they'd have taken one of Xavier's cars but Marie had been quite adamant about taking the train. Something about the scenery. Only, thought Logan, she isn't really looking out the window.

"Logan?"

"What, darling?" He looked at her and realized she was blushing slightly. The look in her eye, however, he recognized immediately.

"Never have I…" Her words trailed off but he caught the gist of the meaning well enough. "Have you?"

The look on his face must've been priceless because one of her eyebrows was raised and she was grinning like a fool.

"Here?" he choked out, unable to contain the mental image that was already forming. And, hell on wheels, he had.

She nodded slightly and he thought that slight blush across her cheeks was very becoming. The idea of doing it in such a public place must have thrilled and embarrassed her.

"The bathrooms on these things are too cramped, Marie," he pointed out, dropping the newspaper he was holding onto his lap. It suddenly occurred to him how long it had been since they'd been together. One thing or another had inevitably come up over the last couple of weeks. Something about saving the city. And then she'd gone off with Jean on some sort of mutant press junket tour. Ridiculous, he thought, but she seemed to think it was worthwhile.

His body was now quite aware of the situation and Logan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, even as he felt Rogue scoot right up next to him. She placed a hand gingerly on his thigh and rested her head on his shoulder. "They have sleeping compartments here, don't they?"

"Yes," he replied. " But we didn't pay for one." As soon as the words left his mouth, he mentally slapped himself. He stood up quickly, holding the paper in front of him with one hand, grabbing hers with the other. "Come on," he said hurriedly. Dumb jackass, he thought.

They were moving down the center of the train, Rogue leading the way, despite the fact she had no idea were they were headed. Logan liked it that way. He had a nice view from behind. She was wearing a pretty black skirt that hit her just above the knee. Not too revealing, but the way her pert little ass swayed back and forth, in rhythm with the train, nearly had him hypnotized.

His eyes wandered down her legs. She wasn't wearing stockings, he noticed. A feral grin formed on his face. Good.

They'd somehow made their way into the sleeping car. It being noon, Logan hoped to whoever was listening that the one compartment he picked was empty. He grabbed Rogue around the waist and pulled her up next to him. Time was crucial. He didn't want to get caught breaking into someone else's compartment. Not now that he was a reformed man. Still, the urge to plant a hard kiss on her mouth was overwhelming and he had to give in. He felt her hand crawl up his back and her tongue lick at his lips and he had to pull away quickly because, as much as he wanted to please her, some things were better in private. Not to mention the fact, he didn't think he could wait much longer.

The door was unexpectedly unlocked. They looked at each other, shrugged, and rushed inside the compartment. Logan almost sighed in relief at the realization that it was empty. A book on one of the bunks, however, told him that it might not be empty for long.

The feel of Rogue's hands under his shirt kept Logan from asking himself too many questions on the merits of their current situation.

He looked down to see her smiling at him, her hands moving from across his back down over his belly. "You never answered my question," she murmured, her hands playing with the waist of his jeans, her mouth placing soft kisses under his chin.

"What question?" he asked, because her hands and her mouth had made him forget his very name.

"Have you ever - " She didn't get to finish her question. Logan had become frustrated with the pace she'd chosen. Apparently, he thought – dragging her up the length of his body even as he let himself fall onto the bunk – she hadn't realized there were definite time constraints here.

She gasped as she tumbled into him, her legs parting to keep herself from falling as he sat on the bunk and took her with him. The maneuver had somehow caused her to straddle his lap, and she could very well feel why he displayed such urgency.

Gently pushing him back so he ended up in a half-sitting, half-lying position – there was no room for him to lie down in the direction he was facing – she began slowly unbuttoning his shirt. Her fingers were dancing over his chest and he had to clench his teeth. Without thought, he pulled his two shirts off and threw them where he knew he would find them quickly. He winked at Rogue and said, "We don't have time, darling."

She nodded her understanding and winked right back at him but continued her assault on his chest so that he thought –while he was still able to – that she had not understood his meaning at all. That, or she was playing a terrible, horrible game with him. He groaned when her tongue flicked over one of his nipples. The latter, he thought, as she continued moving down his chest, so that her mouth ended up at the apex of his jeans. At the rate she was going, she'd fall of his lap before long. And that'd be no good.

"Oh, that's good," he heard himself mumble right after he pulled her back up, so that their hips were perfectly aligned and she had the opportunity to grind into him. His hands traveled quickly – no finesse there - from her clothed waist onto her soft bare legs.

He kept a hand on one of her legs and placed one on the back of her neck so that she'd turn her head towards his. The sense of urgency had claimed them both by now, and when their mouths met, it was in a violent rush. Their teeth clanged together awkwardly and they both laughed softly at the clumsiness of it. But only for a second, because they both moved again towards the other's mouth almost instantaneously.

Two whole weeks without this, Logan thought. Without her. How did he survive? His mouth moved slowly and surely over hers, enjoying the feel of her supple lips beneath his. He licked her mouth and smiled inwardly when she took his tongue between her lips. Maybe, just maybe, there wasn't such a rush after all. The Wolverine growled into Rogue's mouth. Anyone who tried taking them apart at this point was dead anyway.

They continued kissing slowly, nipping and tugging and licking each other's mouth. Logan had by this point moved the hand that rested on her leg up, past the edge of her skirt and over her thigh. The hand that once held her neck moved surreptitiously down the front of her blouse and inside, towards one of her breasts. As his hand pushed the lacy material of her bra downward, the hand on her thigh moved further up, eliciting a moan in response.

He swallowed it with a kiss and tightened his hold on the inside of her thigh when she pressed deeper into him. "You're gonna kill me," he managed, as he dragged his hot mouth over her ear, biting the lobe.

"Hmm," she replied, running her hands through the hair on his chest, scratching lightly. "Do you mind?"

Pulling away slightly, Logan worked quickly to unbutton her blouse, tossing it the way of his two errant shirts. The sight of her – disheveled hair, black lacy bra, and lots of skin – had him reeling. "Baby, you can do anything you want." He slid his hands up her arms and hooked a finger under each bra strap. "Pretty as this is, it has to go." He reached behind her and expertly unhooked the garment, splaying his hands against the soft skin of her back. Pulling the bra down her arms, he tossed it over to the ever-increasing heap of clothing.

"I don't know," she began, as she leaned into him, so that their torsos were completely touching, "I had a different kind of train in mind. One of those old time trains, you know?" She smiled broadly and bounced a little so that Logan grunted at the contact. "The clickity-clack, jaunty ride." She raised and lowered her hips quickly, making Logan's heart beat a little faster. "A shaky kinda caboose." She continued blabbing away, moving her hips steadily against his as she spoke, seemingly oblivious to the effect it was having. "These sleek modern trains they have just don't have the motion I was looking for."

Logan's head was swimming by now and he had to close his eyes in order to regain some composure. She'd planned the whole thing, of course. And now she was torturing him. Well, turn about was definitely fair play. But, then again, who the hell cared about fairness? "You want motion?" he practically growled, his favorite form of communication in such moments.

Having been too busy expounding on the virtues of the old-fashioned locomotives, Rogue barely had time to notice Logan shifting her skirt, hitching it all the way up so that her legs were completely bared. But she definitely noticed his hand climb up from her thigh underneath the elastic of her underwear. And she quickly lost all capacity for speech when a careful finger slid inside of her.

A high little mewl escaped her mouth right before he claimed it again. His hand, the hand that hadn't garnered her attention completely, had wrapped itself in her hair so that she was completely at his mercy. Oh, and his kiss wasn't the greedy, urgent kiss she'd come to expect, the one she'd been waiting for. No, it appeared Logan had changed his mind on the time constraint issue and had decided to make her beg for what he clearly already wanted. Not that she minded. His lips were deliciously soft and pliant, and his tongue was mimicking the motion she was already dying for. But that damned hand – that sweet, torturous hand – remained still.

She pulled a few centimeters from his mouth. "Logan?" she whimpered slightly, not wanting to be too obvious. Definitely not wanting to beg.

"What's that, darling?" His mouth, having left hers, found itself traveling down her neck.

Rogue shifted slightly and closed her eyes at the sensation that caused: pure pleasure shooting up from where his hand rested, coursing through her body. "What are you doing?" Her voice sounded unnaturally high to her own ears and she wondered vaguely if he noticed.

"What do you mean?" She smiled tremulously, pleased that his voice didn't sound very steady either. Her self-satisfaction didn't last very long, however.

Logan, stealthy devil that he was, had traversed the length of her neck in record time and skipped quickly to her breasts. Rogue let out a small "oh" of surprise when she felt his mouth encircle a nipple. The tugging motion of his mouth produced unfortunate results, as she could no longer keep herself from rocking against that hand of his. She was quickly losing the game and he hadn't had to work very hard at all.

Lifting her hips so that there was some room between their pelvises – and almost relieved by the fact that Logan refused to remove his hand from its current location – Rogue whispered, "That can't be too comfortable," as her own delicate fingers encircled the area right above the zipper of his jeans.

Logan didn't respond, merely narrowing his eyes and shaking his head as she tentatively squeezed him. Rogue felt the finger inside her move slightly, shivering at the contact. Ah, two could play at that game.

She pulled away from him, standing up. Her hair was mussed and she was naked from the waist up. That black skirt, bunched up around her waist, heels, and a knowing smile were all she was wearing. She carefully unzipped her skirt, letting it fall to the train floor. She watched Logan watch her as she slowly peeled off her underwear. Completely naked now except for the heels, she stepped right in front of Logan, who was still half-lying on the bunk, wearing too small jeans and a distressed look on his face.

Logan's eyes darted over to the closed, yet unsecured, door of the compartment. "Rogue," he said, a warning.

"What?" She wasn't moving. She was just standing there, watching and waiting.

This was the moment of truth. One of them would inevitably cave in. The question was, of course, who?

Logan hands were twitching, his eyes glued to the marvelous nakedness that was Rogue.

Rogue couldn't stop staring at Logan's splendid bare chest and the bulge in his jeans, knowing what was waiting for her if she just helped him remove them… She was about to open her mouth when he bounced off the bunk and grabbed her. "You're getting too good at this," he muttered against her mouth.

She didn't need any permission to reach between them to undo the buttons of his jeans. She tugged at the top button, finding it almost impossible to budge. "Help me," she pleaded between kisses.

He grunted something indecipherable and pulled apart the buttons with one hard tug. Wasting no time, Rogue quickly reached inside, claiming her prize.

Logan's eyes crossed when the evil, evil temptress he hardly recognized as sweet Marie maneuvered inside his shorts, expertly stroking the hard flesh beneath. His knees nearly buckled when her thumb flicked across the most sensitive of spots.

Grabbing her wrist, he pulled her wonderful hand away, because it was most assuredly time for the rest of his clothes to come off. He pulled his jeans and underwear down in one swift motion but began cursing profusely when he realized he was still wearing his boots.

"Keep ‘em on," he heard The Temptress whisper.

"But I can't walk," he replied lamely, demonstrating that, indeed, he could only move about as well as a penguin with its legs tied together.

"You don't need to," she countered, pushing him about as hard as she could. His naked backside hit the floor with a resounding thud, and Logan winced at the cold surface.

He grinned. She was getting rough with him. "Who are you?" he asked cheekily. "And what have you done with Marie?"

"Name's Rogue," she said, crawling onto him, one knee on either side of his hips, forearms resting comfortably on his chest. "Maybe you've heard of me?"

He wrapped his arms around her, hands moving to her ass. He squeezed a cheek and smirked. "Maybe. You that chick with the superpowers? The one with all that strength and the ability to fly? That you?"

She tilted her head and positioned herself on his lap so that suddenly they both began breathing a bit unsteadily. "I dunno. Depends on whether superpowers are allowed in what we're going to do," she breathed out.

Logan continued stroking her backside. He looked into Rogue's eyes for a moment and arched forward to lick one of her nipples. "What do you think we're going to do?" he asked against her chest, perfectly content to continue playing the game.

She winked and wiggled around on his lap a bit more. When he started growling and pinching her ass, she settled down and leaned down to kiss him. At the first contact of her lips, he felt her position herself. He didn't have to wait for an invitation. With a deep thrust, he was inside. Both stopped breathing.

"Damn, Logan. It's been a while." He closed his eyes when she started moving on him.

"Yes it has."

She had set a slow, unmeasured rhythm that had Logan forgetting about time and space…So when he heard the definite sound of footsteps heading for the compartment (a difficulty under normal circumstances, but especially so when he'd been concentrating on Rogue's little pants and moans) he just about screamed. Not having time to explain, he pushed Rogue off him, grabbed their clothes and whispered, "Someone's coming." The last thing he was expecting was for her to grab him and propel them both to the ceiling. No, he certainly wasn't expecting that.

Logan was hovering above the room, held up by Rogue who lay beneath him. They were completely touching – his torso on hers, his legs resting on hers. She had wrapped her arms around him to keep him steady. "Don't move," she said into his ear, still under the hazy effects of lust. She could feel he was, as well.

The door to the compartment opened and a short, balding man walked inside. Rogue and Logan held their breaths as he made a beeline for the bunk, grabbed his book and walked right back out. When the man was completely gone and Logan had heard his footsteps disappear down the corridor, he sighed and said, "Shit, that was close. You can put us down."

Rogue pretended not to hear. "This is nice," she murmured, kissing the hollow of his throat.

Logan was feeling extremely vulnerable, floating with nothing but Rogue holding him up. He didn't say anything, however, when he felt her flip them over in midair, so that she was on top and he was held only by her legs wrapped around his waist, and by her hands on his shoulders. Gravity was calling for him, and he felt heavy. She was leaning on him, kissing his chest and all he could think to say was, "Uh, baby, I can't move too well. I feel like I'm going to fall."

Moving so quickly he hardly had a chance to blink, Rogue shifted so he was inside of her again. Logan instinctively moved to meet her. A strange guttural sound escaped him as he felt her squeeze, wrapping her legs more tightly around him. She was completely in control and he didn't mind a bit.

"I don't ever think I've done it like this before," he managed, unable to resist kissing the bare flesh before him.

Rogue was having difficulties of her own. Logan had somehow clamped his lips around her breast, sucking deeply, and all she could manage were the slightest movements, afraid she would drop him if she let herself go. He was inside her, yet she couldn't take full advantage. She'd never felt more frustrated in her life…or more aroused.

"You are trying to kill me," Logan groaned, thrusting up with some difficulty, but definitely getting his point made. "Put us down." God, he was almost whining.

She was delirious, all her feeling concentrated on one spot. She did hear him, however, and put them down rather quickly and harshly on the bunk of the compartment. Logan took the opportunity to take command, rolled over so he was on top and began moving how he'd been wanting to for quite a while. Feeling unsteady and out of control, and knowing he wouldn't last much longer, he reached down to touch her where they were joined.

Rogue came with such force, the scream she released was soundless. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, and the rush was so powerful, her head almost ached. Logan followed suit shortly, not bothering to muffle the primal moan that tore out of him. He collapsed on top of her and didn't move for a long while.

After several long minutes, he placed a soft kiss on her mouth and smiled. She grinned back, blinking beads of sweat away from her eyes. "My pants are still wrapped around my ankles," he said, with a laugh.

"And you're still inside of me," she replied.

"Why would I ever want to leave?"

"Logan?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever done it in Connecticut?"

He laughed again and it was a very long while before they made their way back to the main car of the train.