Author's Chapter Notes:
A very special thanks to my wonderful friend, Chris, for her support and friendship and for the habitually enjoyable nightly chats! Thanks, babe!! I also want to thank Leah and Sandy for their continuing encouragement and support. This one’s for you gals and for everyone who sent me feedback last time. Thanks! {{depicts thoughts}}
Rogue sat in the garden staring blankly out at the forest beyond. She had been spending a lot of time doing that over the last week. It was just about the only place on the property where she could be alone with her thoughts and right now there was a lot to think about. Despite her best efforts, Rogue couldn't get Logan's last comment to the professor out of her mind. It still hurt after seven days and it hurt a little more each time the words in his voice echoed through her head. She could not wait until he returned to the mansion as she already had a few ideas on how to punish him and prove at the same time that she was *not* a "little girl".



Waking from yet another intensely sexual dream starring his own little rogue, Logan sat up with a harsh growl. The loud snap of metal against metal split the silence of the cheap motel room he'd taken for the night. The sharp, intense pain helped to clear his mind to a degree but Marie was always there, ready to pop up again without warning.

Logan released a deep, bitter exhalation as he threw back the thin blankets and carefully rose from the bed. With a shake of his head, he made his way to the bathroom and slipped into the shower before turning on the cold tap. Another morning waking up harder than adamantium is strong had led to yet another cold shower.

Working to control his physical response to the dream images, Logan tried repeating his chosen mantra over and over in his head. {{She's just a little girl. She's just a little girl. She's just a little girl.}} There was only one problem with that, he knew that she wasn't a little girl anymore. Rolling his eyes in response to another voice in his head, he responded with a mental growl. {{Okay, so compared to me she is a little girl but then compared to me Chuck's a little boy, so fuck you!}}

Even as his body began to shiver with cold, Logan remained standing under the freezing cascade of water. There had to be some way to control the urges he was feeling aside from drowning them in a cold shower. There was another way and Logan knew it but he was not prepared to take that step. "I'm not gonna ruin her life," he vowed aloud to himself as he turned off the water. "You deserve so much better, Marie, I won't do this to you."

After drying off quickly in the small bathroom, he made his way to the bedroom and dressed. Logan knew that he couldn't stay gone much longer but he was worried about how he would react with Marie so close. He hadn't been back to the mansion since telling Xavier off about the so-called mission that sent the team to Chris's house. It was after discovering how the whole alternate universe turned out that Logan's dreams of the woman, known to most as Rogue, started to get out of hand.

"Only one way to know for sure," he muttered as he pulled on his jackets and headed for the door. Hell he could stay gone forever but that wouldn't solve anything and while running seemed like a good idea a few days ago, now Logan knew it wouldn't last. It hadn't lasted when he went to Canada, running from the only people he ever knew for sure cared about him. Mostly though he was running from the young woman who'd gotten under his skin and made him want to be more than was.

Logan knew that sooner or later, he would have to return to the mansion and the sooner the better if he wanted to smooth things over with Marie. He'd seen her as he stormed from Xavier's office and the look of sheer pain on her beautiful, young features and in the depths of her incredible brown eyes ripped at his heart more and more every second. Despite having seen the pain and knowing that he'd been responsible, he had still been unable to stop. Causing her pain of that magnitude made him hate himself more than he had in all the years he could remember and self-loathing was almost as popular as hating the unknown bastards that had made him into the man – or lack thereof that he was.

Hell he hadn't even known what he was saying until it was out of his mouth. He had been so pissed that he couldn't even see straight, how in the hell was he was supposed to have been able to think? It had been instinct to lash out and Logan knew better than anyone that when he was that feral everyone was at risk. When he was like that, *he* was the only one that mattered, everyone else could go to hell. That was part of what scared him so much about his feelings for Marie.

With a heavy sigh, Logan moved from the motel room and climbed on the motorcycle he had once again stolen from Scott. It would take him most of the day to get home and as he put his mind on auto-pilot, at least as far as his driving was concerned, Logan used the time to consider how he would go about fixing the damage he'd done.

It was well into the afternoon when the scenery began to look familiar again, there was only one thing wrong with that – it wasn't the scenery near the mansion. With a loud, rumbling growl, Logan pulled the bike over and once again found himself parked outside a carefully concealed house in the middle of nowhere.

Shaking his head and cursing himself for returning there, he was about to pull back on the road when a familiar scent drew his attention. Chris was standing on the front porch, staring in his direction with a questioning gaze. She said nothing and did nothing, just stood there motionlessly watching him.

Logan released a low growl as he shut down the motorcycle and swung off the seat. He didn't say a word to the woman at the door until they were seated side by side in the large living room that he was spending way too much time in lately.

"Am I ever with anyone else?" Logan asked gruffly without even the common courtesy of affording her a glance.

Blinking, Chris released a soft snort before responding. "Sure… Once in a while. In fact I just got back from one where you were engaged to someone else."

Logan clenched his jaw as he finally turned to face her. "Show me," he demanded sharply.

Her eyes widening at his tone and at the firm grip with which he took her hand, Chris opened her mouth to explain but he cut her off quickly. "Logan, there's…"

"Show me!"

With a slight shrug, Chris rolled her eyes. "Fine, but don't get pissed at me when it's over, I tried to warn you."

"Fine," Logan growled, closing his eyes to prepare for the journey to another world.

Chris shook her head weakly before copying his actions and initiating the jump to the next universe.

Opening his eyes brought an immediate scowl to Logan's face as his alternate self stepped from the shower. With a quick glance at the woman beside him, he found her eyes to still be closed. "You ain't watchin'?" he asked softly, whispering despite the fact that the other man couldn't have heard him even if he screamed at the top of his lungs.

Without opening her eyes, Chris shook her head. "Nope, you're on your own with this one, Logan."

"Good," Logan returned sharply before focusing his attention again on the man with his face.



Logan stared at his reflection in the steamy bathroom mirror for a moment before turning toward the door. As he entered the bedroom, he grinned at his fiancée where she lay stretched out on the bed.

"I wish you didn't have to go," she said in a seductively pouting tone, looking at him from beneath her lashes.

Pausing with his pants half way up his legs, Logan turned to look at her. She was such a beautiful woman, his fiancée. Her long red hair and even longer legs and a body with amazing curves in all the right places. Logan loved her like he'd never loved anyone even if she was more than a little on the reserved side when it came to sex. There were some amazing things that she wouldn't do and conversely wouldn't let be done to her.

"Like I wanna go," he retorted. "Only reason I am is because it is *my* bachelor party. I'd much rather stay here with you, Jeannie."

"Right answer," Jean returned with a wink as she rose and headed for the bathroom. "I was just hoping you'd want to stay so I wouldn't have to go my bachelorette party."

Arching a brow sharply, Logan gnashed his teeth together. "Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll be sorry to see the stripper Ororo's sure to have for you."

Smiling the bathroom door, Jean shook her head. "Nope, no stripper for me. Can't improve on perfection and I've already got that so what's the point?"

"Good answer," Logan replied with a healthy grin.

"You just make sure that the stripper the guys get for you keeps everything to herself!" Jean warned firmly. "And vice a versa…"

Finally pulling his pants up the rest of the way, Logan nodded. "Of that you can be sure, darlin'."

With a quick wink and a muffled, "I'll see you later," Jean disappeared into the bathroom.

Logan had just finished tucking in his shirt when the doorbell rang. "Later, babe," he shouted at the bathroom door before leaving the bedroom. By the time he reached the door, the bell had sounded three more times. With a perturbed expression that was mostly for show, Logan yanked open the door to reveal a gaggle of men who looked to have already started the party.

"Come on, man," Kurt cried impatiently, grabbing Logan's arm and pulling him into the hallway. "Let's get your last night of freedom going!"

"Yeah, Logan, we got things to see and women to do…" Bobby shouted with a quick wiggle of his brows.

With a loud snort, Logan left the apartment, closing the door behind him.

"Let's move it out, men," Hank ordered as he clapped Logan on the shoulder. "You are in for the night of your life, my friend!"

Nodding, St. John agreed. "Oh yeah, man, you won't believe all the babes we got lined up for you… Well okay, not *all* for you but you get first pick."

Rolling his eyes, Logan shook his head. "I ain't plannin' on gettin' laid tonight, Johnny, least not ‘til I get home."

"Works for me," Kurt snickered, "just means more for us!"

Logan released a loud, barking sort of laugh as they made their way outside to the waiting limo.



"Damn it, I wish I could talk you out of this, Marie."

The young woman with the thick dark hair and perfect body rolled her eyes. "Will ya jus' calm down, Jubes. Ah know wha' Ah'm doin'!"

Releasing a heavy sigh, the small Asian woman shook her head. "This isn't like the clubs, Marie. These private parties can be rough."

"Jubilation Lee, Ah managed t' protect mahself while hitchin' rides from Mississippi t' New York an' Ah did it without sellin' mahself a single time. Ah've worked in this strip club fer three years an' Ah ain't yet been unable t' stop somethin' Ah didn't want. Ah think Ah can handle one bachelor party," Marie concluded. "Sides, Ah ain't goin' alone."

Jubilee snorted softly, a wide grin spreading across her lovely features. "You gotta be the only virgin stripper I know, girlfriend!"

Marie returned the grin with a sharp upsweep of her eyebrows, "An' proud of it, baby!"

"I still find it a little hard to believe though," Jubes began. "I mean you have to agree that we see some amazingly good looking men come through here and some of them are very talented too!"

"Jubilee!" Marie retorted sharply before falling silent for a short time. "Okay, so Ah have been lookin'… Jus' ain't seen nothin' that caught my eye yet. Ah wan' mah first time t' be somethin' special. Is that so wrong?"

Shaking her head slowly, Jubilee responded in a soft, slightly sad tone, "Nothing at all wrong with that, Marie. I just hope that tonight you're not forced into giving up on that."

Smiling sweetly, Marie moved forward and wrapped her arms around her roommate. "Ah'll be fine, sugah. Now come on, ya gotta get t' work an' Ah got a party t' get t'."

"Just be careful," Jubes begged, tightening her grip momentarily before releasing her friend.

"Ah will, sugah," Marie nodded as she moved to the door, "ya too."



Within half and hour, Marie had met her follow dancers and they were on their way to the party. As the organizers had requested a varying array of women, she was the youngest and by far the classiest, if one could classify a stripper in such a way. All of the women were pretty though and most of them were very nice.

As they made their way up to the door, the oldest of the women pulled Marie up short. "Listen, sweetie, I've seen most of the men here tonight in action before and you just watch yourself. If you get too far out of sight things can happen that you might not want."

Marie nodded weakly suddenly having a bad feeling about the whole thing but she was there and she needed the extra money.

"Now I told them that not all of the girls would take kindly to suggestions of extra duty but when you're dealing with drunk men, they can be real hard headed. You just be careful, Marie. I'm not sure I could forgive myself for letting you talk me into this if something happened to you."

"Ah'll be fine, Jade," Marie insisted with more confidence than she actually felt.

"I think you will, sweetie," the older woman returned with a wink. "Course now, you might just find someone you'd like to get to know better, like I said, I've seen most of these men before!"

Her warning made, Jade moved forward and rapped lightly on the door. It wasn't more than a few seconds when the door swung open to reveal a tall, attractive man with long red hair.

"Chere," the man greeted Jade with a glowing smile.

"Remiel, how's the ragin' Cajun doin' tonight?" Jade returned with a seductive smile as she placed her hand in his offered one.

"Oh Remy hung low an' ready to go, eh, chere?" Remy replied in a thick accent as he pulled her hand to his lips and kissed the back of her knuckles.

With a low, throaty laugh, Jade nodded as she entered the house past him. "I'm sure you are, Remy."

From the back of the pack, Marie watched as the man greeted each of the women in a similar fashion. When she was the only one left outside, Remy shifted his position to completely block the entrance.

"Aah, a new petite," he said smoothly as he sized her up thoroughly. "Remy never f'get such a lovely chere. Non, never f'get."

About the time Marie was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, Remy shifted back to the side of the opening and offered her his hand. Slowly she took it and after kissing her knuckles like he had everyone else's, he pulled her gently into the house and closed the door behind them.

By then Jade was back to check on Marie and with a smile she led the younger woman to join the others. As they moved down the hall to a back bedroom to change, Marie got her first look at the group in general and she had to admit that they were a pretty impressive group as far as looks went. Of course that judgement was made in a split second glance into a darkened room so she was reserving final judgement.

It wasn't long before the women were ready to go and one by one they took center stage and stripped for the howling group of highly intoxicated men. >From around the corner of the hallway, Marie watched the show preceding hers. Jade was an amazing dancer and she usually did the finale but this time she had insisted that Marie dance last. That fact only increased her case of nerves, not that she should be nervous considering how long she'd been making a living as a stripper. Still this was the first private party she'd done and here the only protection she had was the other women, not the burly bouncers that the clubs employed.

As she watched, it became clear just whom the party was for. In the dim light it was hard to make him out completely but he appeared handsome with dark hair and bushy sideburns that would have looked out of place on most men but seemed to work well for him. Marie was sure she wouldn't have a problem dancing for him and she planned to stay as close as possible considering he was the only one she hadn't seen try to grab Jade.

From his central place of honor, Logan sat back with his fingers laced behind his head as he watched yet another amazingly beautiful woman strip as she danced before him. Each of the women had been gorgeous and talented and yet he hadn't found one that excited him more than Jean did.

As Jade finished her dance and the music faded out in the wake of loud, drunken cheering, Logan clapped calmly as he gave her an appreciative smile. "Wonderful as always, Jade," he told her with a wink as she bent down before him to pick up a series of garments she'd discarded at his feet.

"You used to like it a whole lot more, Logan," she returned a little sadly. "Guess I'm getting old, huh?"

Logan shook his head firmly. "You're still the best, darlin', I'm the one who got old."

Jade's smile grew unexplainably as her eyes darted toward the hallway. "I'm not the best anymore, Logan, saved that for last."

A slight scowl darkened Logan's face at her words but there was no time to question her as she stood upright and walked away when the music started once again. The strong, diving beat was one that he liked immensely and at that moment he had no idea how much better the song could get.

Glancing around at his friends, Logan couldn't help but shake his head at the group, many of which were already paired off with the strippers. As he shifted his gaze to the other side of the room, Logan got his first glimpse of the final dancer and his heart skipped a beat as his throat constricted tightly. The woman was young, maybe twenty though probably not, with long brown hair and even fully dressed she was more exciting than most of the other's had been completely naked.

Moving to stand before him, Marie started to feel off layers of clothing as she swayed to the seductive beat. Up close the man was even more incredibly handsome than she imagined. Marie focused solely on him as she continued the dance, mesmerized by the way his amazing hazel eyes darkened as she moved. For the first time since she'd left her home and started out on her own, Marie was tempted to give herself, there was only one problem, he was marrying someone else. Working to keep that in mind, she continued the show until the last beat of the music was heard.

Logan was breathing heavy by the time the first few, incidental pieces of clothing hit the floor. By the time she was through, swaying before him with nothing on but a pair of long opera gloves, Logan was nearly incapable of rational thought. He had never wanted anything more in his life but he did his best to remember that he loved Jean and that he was marrying Jean. Even that wasn't helping much. Logan had thought that Jean was perfect, the most amazing body he'd even seen but this woman blew that right out of the water. Jean's perfection paled in comparison.

Closing his eyes to block out the gentle sway of Marie's incredible ass as she walked away, Logan released a ragged breath as he fought to regain control of his body. He hadn't been a saint by any means before meeting Jean but he could truly say that since meeting her, this was the first time he'd really been excited by another woman.

"What the hell are you waiting for, Logan?" Bobby demanded loudly. "Go get her!"

With a low sort of growl, Logan turned to the younger man with a hard glare. "I told you, Drake, the only woman I'm laying tonight will be Jean!"

Robert Drake shook his head harshly. "Shit if you don't want her, I'm taking her," he declared, rising to his feet and stumbling in the direction of the dressing room.

Logan hated the idea of incredible young woman with anyone but what was he going to do? He was getting married to someone else. The rest was up to her.




Marie changed quickly into regular street clothes hoping that it would distract any possible suitors. She'd already decided as rowdy as the group was that she was going to leave as quickly as possible. Besides that she didn't want to be tempted to do something with the one person she shouldn't but the only one she wanted.

Gathering together her things, Marie made one last visual sweep of the area before turning to the door. As she stepped into the hallway, she wasn't surprised to find someone waiting for her but she was a little concerned by the lack of other people in the vicinity. With a long, soft exhalation, Marie closed the door behind her and started to move past the man in the hall.

"Where you goin', sweet thang?" Bobby questioned with a slight slur as he shifted his weight to block the exit.

"Away from ya," Marie returned bluntly. "Look, ya ain't an unattractive man but Ah ain't interested if ya catch mah meanin'."

A slow grin spread across the older man's face as he herded Marie toward the end of the hall. "Sure you're not," he retorted once he had her backed to the wall. "Come on, baby, you don't know what you're missing," Bobby insisted as a hand came up to cup a breast.

Fear and panic gripping her heart, Marie brought her hands up and pushed him away sharply before slapping him firmly across the face and attempting to leave. She hadn't gotten fully past him when she was grabbed by the shoulders and slammed forcefully against the wall. Marie cried out in pain as her head impacted the hard wood but the sounds of the party all but drown it out.

"You little bitch!" he shouted as he raised his hand to strike back. Bobby's open hand was on the downward swing when he was pulled from behind and slammed against the opposite wall.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Logan demanded harshly as he stared at his friend with wide eyes and flaring nostrils.

Bobby shook off his start and hastily began to explain. "That bitch slapped me, Logan!"

Leaning in closer, Logan's eyes turned feral as he glared at the larger man. "I don't give a *shit* if she kicked you in the *fucking* balls! You do *not* hit women! Now get the *fuck* out of here before I do more than slap you, bub."

With wide-eyed fear, Robert Drake bolted down the hallway. He knew as well as anyone that Logan wasn't a man to be trifled with.

Turning toward the end of the hall, Logan's heart sank as he took in the sight of that beautiful young woman sitting on the floor crying as she cradled her head in her hands. Moving forward slowly, he squatted down on his haunches and reached a gentle hand toward her.

Marie flinched at the touch and pulled away violently, confused by the bump on the head.

"S'okay, darlin'," Logan said tenderly as he wiped the tears from her cheeks. "I ain't gonna hurt you."

The caring touch made her look up and the tender expression in those amazing hazel eyes took her breath away.

"We weren't really properly introduced," he started just to say something. "I'm Logan."

"Marie," she managed weakly.

Logan smiled slightly at the trust she'd already placed in him by not pushing him away. "How's the head, Marie?" he asked as he gently slid his hand through the back of her hair to probe her skull.

She hissed in pain and flinched badly as his large hand skimmed a growing lump.

Closing his eyes to hold back the rage, Logan cursed under his breath. "That little fucker, I'm gonna kick his ass!" With a sharp exhale, he opened his eyes and met tear-filled brown ones. "Come on, darlin', you should have that looked at. You might have a concussion."

Despite the pain, Marie shook her head vehemently. "No!" she practically shouted. "Ah'm fine … really."

His forehead furrowing in concern, Logan pushed forward. "You really need to have a doctor look at it. It's okay, I'll take you."

"Ah don' have insurance," Marie admitted weakly. "It's too expensive."

After a short, thoughtful pause, Logan made a decision. "That's okay, Marie, I'll take care of it."

Shaking her head again and fighting the nausea that resulted, Marie declined. "Ah can't have ya do that."

Logan didn't really think she had a concussion but he wanted to be sure. Still, it would be pretty hard to explain to Jean why he was paying this woman's doctor's bills and knowing Jean, she'd find out. With a heavy sigh, Logan considered another course of action and hoped it would garner better results. "Would you like me to take you home then?"

"Please," Marie replied, her voice trembling with pain and tears.

With a gentle nod, Logan shifted his weight forward and helped Marie to her feet. When he started to lead her somewhere other than toward the front door, she pulled away from him, or tried to before a wave of dizziness nearly fell her.

"It's okay, darlin'," Logan assured her tenderly. "We'll go out the back door. I don't wanna subject you to that noise."

Fighting the urge to vomit, Marie didn't respond at all, simply allowed him to lead her through the another bedroom and out the back door.

Once outside, Logan made his way to the waiting limo, careful to steady Marie as he went. "What's your address, Marie," he asked when the driver turned around for directions.

She recited the address quickly then slumped down against Logan as the car moved away.

"Ah'm sorry," Marie said softly.

Logan shook his head and shrugged as best as he could with the woman in his arms. "Sorry for what, darlin'?"

"Ah ruined yer party," she sobbed lightly.

"No you didn't," Logan objected soundly. "Marie, you made the party! Darlin', you're one hell of a dancer."

Pulling back slightly, Marie gave him a small smile. "Ah'm glad ya foun' me entertainin'."

"I did," Logan admitted past a tightening in his throat.

Settling back down with her head on his chest, Marie closed her eyes and enjoyed the steady, quick beat of his heart through the softness of his flannel shirt.

A long silence ensued as Logan wrapped an arm loosely around her. A million thoughts and questions ran through his mind as he sat there. He wanted to get to know the woman in his arms so much better but he didn't know where to begin. After another moment's deliberation, Logan decided on his first question.

"So that's quite an accent you got there," he began with a hint of teasing, "not really your typical New York inflection though. Where you from?"

Marie let loose with a soft giggle. "Handsome an' smart," she retorted flirtatiously. "Ah'm from Mississippi."

"What's a nice, southern girl like you doin' in the big, bad city?"

Bowing her head slightly, Marie replied with a weak shrug. "Ah jus' needed t' be on mah own."

It was the trembling quality to her tone that set Logan on edge more than anything else. He felt his heart go out to the young woman who had obviously escaped something unpleasant. "How long have you been on your own?" Logan wanted to know.

"Ah left when Ah's seventeen an' made mah way here."

"And how long you been here?"

Again Marie pulled back from him to spare him a glance but this time she curled against the back of the seat rather than leaning into him. "Don' worry, Ah'm legal," she said bitterly.

Logan's forehead wrinkled harshly at her words. "I ain't worried ‘bout that, I'm worried about you, about how long you've had to make your living like this. Surely there are better jobs for a smart kid like you."

Releasing a heavy sigh, Marie closed her eyes and explained her situation. She didn't have a clue what possessed her to tell this stranger anything more about herself than she already had but for some reason she couldn't stop. "Ah've been dancing since Ah got here. It pays the bills an' there are worse thin's Ah could do an' unlike most people believe Ah ain't a whore. As fer better jobs, well first a awl Ah ain't smart an' secondly, Ah ain't a damn kid!"

Quickly Logan raised his hands defensively. "I'm sorry, Marie. Hey, don't take it personal, I call everyone ‘kid'. You seem adequately intelligent to me to find something more fitting for you."

"Ya ain't smart ‘less ya got the paper t' prove it an' Ah don't," Marie told him in a tone marked with emotions, not even all of which he could identify. "No one's gonna hire a high school drop out from Mississippi fer anythin' other ‘an what Ah'm already doin' ‘less they expect somethin' in return. An' like Ah said, Ah ain't a whore."

After a thoughtful pause, Logan turned to face her. "You could always go back to school."

Marie shook her head as the limo driver pulled over in front of her apartment building. "Thanks for the rescue an' the ride, Logan," she said as she opened the door and started to get out. As Marie took her first step, a wave of dizziness left her swaying and only Logan's quick reflexes kept her from falling.

"I think I better help you inside, darlin'," he told her as he held her tightly against him to help steady her. "You got a roommate? Someone who's here to stay with you?"

Concentrating hard on not throwing up, Marie replied weakly. "My roommates at work an' won' be home fer a while but Ah'll be fine."

Logan didn't like the idea of leaving her by herself even for a short time. "Do you mind if I stay with you until your roommate gets home. I don't think you should be alone."

"Suit yaself," she said with a minute shrug.

Leaning back down into the open back door of the car, Logan drew the driver's attention. "You go ahead and head back to the house, I'm sure the other guys will be needing rides worse than me. I'll just catch a cab."

Once the driver acknowledged the order, Logan shut the door and turned to escort Marie to her home.

"Ya don' gotta stay, ya know?" she said softly.

"I know," Logan assured her with a nod. "I just wanna make sure that you're all right, darlin'."

Trying to ignore the tender, almost loving tone the short but muscular man spoke to her in, Marie dug in her bag for her keys. Within a few minutes, she was ushering Logan into the apartment she shared with her best friend. After closing the door behind them, she slumped onto the couch with a heavy sigh.

Still standing across the room, Logan watched Marie as she leaned back in the thick cushion and closed her eyes. "How's your head?"

A small smile pulling at the corners or Marie's lips, she opened her eyes and met Logan's concerned gaze. "Will ya stop worryin', Logan. Ah'm fine. Least Ah would be if ya'd quit askin' so many questions. How'd ya like it if Ah grilled ya fer a while."

"I'd hardly called that grillin', darlin'," Logan responded with a chuckle as he moved to the sofa and sat down beside her. "But if you've got some questions, you just go ahead and ask."

"Okay," Marie agreed, opening her eyes as she carefully cocked her head to look at him. "What's yer fiancée like?"

Logan cleared his throat to gather himself after such a bold question. "She's great," he told her. "Smart, beautiful, sexy." Jean really was an amazing woman and except for a couple of issue regarding sex she was perfect.

Marie could hear what he didn't say just as clearly as she could what he did. "But?" she questioned, hearing the hesitation in his voice.

It was a long moment before Logan decided how to answer. He knew he shouldn't say any more but something about the woman he was with compelled him to continue. "But she's a little old fashioned, I guess. She has a few hang-ups."

"Hang-ups?"

Dropping his gaze momentarily to the floor, Logan released a heavy breath before meeting Marie's dark chocolate eyes. "About sex," Logan continued. "She's not really into foreplay and doesn't like to … experiment, if you know what I mean."

Despite the fact that she was a virgin, Marie had been around the clubs long enough to know exactly what he was talking about. "Yeah, that's too bad. Poor woman don' know what she's missin'."

"That's what I keep telling her," Logan agreed.

"So why're marryin' her?" Marie couldn't keep from asking. "Seems like ya'd be happier with someone else."

Logan released a harsh breath as he again dropped his gaze to the carpet beneath his feet. "I was pretty wild before I met Jean," he confessed quietly. "I guess that you could say that she tamed me and I like who I became. For the first time I can remember I didn't chase after every piece of ass that passed in front of me. Hell, I ain't even been excited by another woman until…"

When he realized what he was about to say, Logan cut himself off sharply.

"Until?" Marie stammered over the word both afraid and excited by his statements possible meaning.

Breathing heavy already, Logan finally forced his eyes from the floor and locked them with Marie's. "Until I saw you… Jesus, no one has ever excited me like you do, baby."

Marie's eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't been expecting such a straightforward response.

Seeing her reaction, Logan cursed himself mentally as he bolted to his feet. "I'm sorry, Marie, I shouldn't have said that! I should probably just go before I make an even bigger fool of myself."

"Ya ain't made a fool a yaself, Logan," Marie insisted softly. "An' Ah don' wan' ya t' leave."

Stopping short at her last statement, Logan spun around to face her, arching an eyebrow questioningly. "You don't?"

Shaking her head slowly, ignoring the pain and nausea it produced, Marie responded softly. "No."

"I don't wanna leave either," he assured her, standing frozen in place near the door.

Marie allowed her eyes to skim down the length of his hard body for the first time and what she saw she really liked. "Wha' d'ya wan' then, Logan?" she asked in a throaty drawl.

Logan swallowed hard as her tone did things to his body that no mere voice had ever done before. "I wanna touch you," he admitted quietly as he took his first step back toward her. With each step his voice dropped further. "I wanna taste you. I wanna make you scream my name," he finally finished in a whisper as he dropped to his knees before her. "What do you want, Marie?"

"Ah wan' you…" she returned breathlessly.

Taking that as the invitation that it was, Logan leaned forward and pressed his lips to Marie's. The soft moan that sounded in her throat released a fresh supply of blood that headed straight for Logan's groin. As she returned the kiss lightly, he let his tongue flick over her lips and was rewarded with a loud whimper before her mouth opened beneath his.

Immediately Marie's tongue snaked out to meet Logan's, even as her hands came up to run through his thick, silky hair. Curling her hands around the back of his neck, she pulled him closer as his hands began a gentle exploration of her curves. The kiss continued unceasingly for what seemed like ages before Marie curled her legs around his hips and pulled him closer. The increased pressure on Logan's highly arousal penis made him groan sharply, tightening his arms around Marie.

Holding her firmly against him, Logan struggled to his feet, pulling Marie off the couch as he did so. "The bedroom?" he asked hoarsely as he worked to catch his breath.

Unable to speak, Marie merely tilted her head in the appropriate direction before lowering her swollen lips to Logan's neck. She inhaled deeply and sighed at the scent of his skin. "Ya smell so good, sugah," Marie whispered against his neck before she started a series of kisses and nips, alternating with long swipes of her tongue.

"Oh fuck, baby," Logan hissed as he stumbled his way toward the bedroom, trying hard not to give in to the incredible sensations Marie was producing.

"Mmm, ya taste good too," she cooed beside his ear as he kicked open the door and carried her inside.

Turning slightly, Logan kicked the door shut again then moved to the side of the bed before slowly lowering Marie down the length of his body. They both moaned sharply as her groin grazed his. Neither moved for a moment as they worked independently to control the passion raging through them. It was Logan who recovered first, opening his eyes as his hands curled over the top of her shoulders and slid down to the buttons on her shirt.

Marie stood stock-still, her eyes closed and lips slightly parted as Logan undid the garment. With a light moan as his large hands slipped inside the shirt, she raked her teeth sharply over her lower lip before chewing on it roughly.

Logan's cock tightened at the first touch of his rough hands to her smooth skin. Quickly he pushed off of the shirt and ran his fingers over every bare millimeter of flesh. By the time he reached behind her for the closure of her bra, Marie was trembling weakly. Releasing the undergarment, Logan pulled it off slowly then took a moment to just look again at the perfect breasts before him.

"God, Marie, you are so beautiful," he whispered softly before bringing his hands up to cup the sizable mounds of flesh.

A long, deep, throaty moan slipped from parted lips at the contact and continued as Logan fondled her breasts and teased her nipples.

While Logan's hands continued to work on her chest, he leaned closer and repeated the process Marie had designed on him. Licking, nipping and kissing his way along her neck and then down, across her collarbone briefly before dropped further until he was able to reach a breast. Pulling away from her completely, Logan waited until Marie opened her eyes and looked at him before flicking out his tongue to make a firm circle around her nipple.

The shudder whimper that resulted was little warning before Marie's knees buckled beneath her. Luckily, Logan's arms were wrapped around her again and with his quick reflexes he stopped her from falling.

"You okay, darlin'?" Logan asked tenderly as he lowered her onto the mattress of the bed.

It took Marie a moment to recover enough to respond. Finally she was able to open her eyes and the dark hazel gaze filled with passion and concern was something that she'd never forget. "Ah'm … f … fine, Logan," she stammered weakly. "Please … don' stop."

Logan shook his head slowly from side to side as he let his eyes caress the beautiful creature beside him until his eyes met hers again. "Never, darlin'," he assured her before resuming his prior ministrations.

"Aww … Logan…" Marie moaned sharply as he suckled at her hungrily, swirling his rough tongue across and around her increasingly aroused nipple.

Following adequate attention there, Logan traded one breast for the other while his hand continued to stimulate the first. When she became accustomed to the sensations, he pulled back, smiling at her groan of protest as he shifted his position again on the small bed. Watching Marie as she watched him, Logan reached for the zipper of her pants and slowly inched it down. Once fully opened, he slid off the foot of the bed and tenderly pulled off her shoes, first one and then the other. After tossing them aside, Logan removed her socks as well, dropping them on the floor before taking hold of the ankles of her jeans. With one firm jerk, he managed to free the garment from Marie's hips then slowly began to inch them off the rest of the way.

The butterflies that had started in her stomach some time ago continued to increase exponentially until the feeling dropped even lower. Once her pants had joined her sock and shoes on the floor, Logan slid his hands slowly up Marie's legs, back to her hips. After a brief pause there, his hands continued upward as he stretched out on top of her, holding his weight on his arms as he kissed her again.

"Oh, baby, you are *so* hot," Logan growled in the most seductive tone Marie had ever heard.

Moving carefully, he positioned himself again near the foot of the bed and curled his fingers into the waistband of the modest panties Marie was wearing. Meeting her gaze, he slowly pulled them down, closing his eyes as he was assaulted by the thickly sweet scent of her arousal. Again his groin tightened painfully but he ignored it as he finished slipping off her underwear and dropped them with her other garments.

Marie was watching him closely as he stared at her lustfully. She allowed him to move her without comment as he adjusted her legs to open up her thighs. Sure she knew what was coming but Marie was entirely unprepared for the sheer ecstasy she felt when Logan's mouth made contact with her hot, wet center. She had never even imagined that it would feel that good.

"Aww … GAWD!" she cried sharply as Logan's tongue lavished her clit before plunging inside the tight opening then moving back to her clit again.

Marie was shuddering already with inevitable release but Logan didn't stop. He just continued to lap at her juices as she bucked hard against his mouth. Her loud, unending cries served as more encouragement but that was only part of the reason he didn't stop. This was one of those things that Jean felt unnecessary and being one of Logan's favorite ways to pleasure a woman, he missed it more than he had even realized.

Shifting his weight, he brought one arm up to restrain the wild movement of Marie's hips while his free hand joined his mouth. As Logan's tongue returned to tease her erect clit, he circled one thick finger around the edge of her slick opening before slowly letting it slip inside.

A loud whimper accompanied the invasion bringing a smile to Logan's lips. That action alone brought another orgasm as his teeth raked across the sensitive bundle of nerves.

"Oooh … Aww GAWD … LOGAN!!" Marie screamed in a tone broken apart by loud moans.

When Marie began to recover again, Logan increased the stimulation as he slid another long digit into her tight opening.

"Mmm… Ooh… Aww, Gawd… Logan, please… Ooh, please," Marie begged shamelessly. "That … that feels so good, sugah. Ooooh, yeah… MORE!"

Logan happily complied, continuing until he brought her to the most intense orgasm yet. As she screamed his name again, he pulled back reluctantly to watch her as she withered wildly on the bed, licking his lips greedily as he did so. "Jesus, baby, you're the best damn thing I ever tasted!" Logan stated as he continued to watch her.

Breathing nearly as heavily as Marie was, Logan started to shift again when his thoroughly hard cock couldn't take the pressure anymore. A loud hiss sprang from clenched teeth and he froze in mid-motion.

The pained sound brought Marie back to her senses quickly and she sat up, reaching for Logan as she did so. "Are ya awl right, sugah?" she asked softly the concern in her tone obvious.

Unable to speak, Logan simply nodded as he attempted to adjust himself to relieve the pressure.

The reason for the pain was clearly obvious now and Marie rose to her knees before him then slowly and carefully began to unfasten the fly of his extremely tight jeans.

His hands covered hers quickly, ceasing their movement as he shook his head slowly. "You don't have to, Marie," Logan said tightly.

"Ah wanna," she replied, breathless with anticipation.

Seeing the honesty and desire in her eyes, Logan removed his hands and allowed her to continue. He released a heavy, relieved sigh as the pressure lessened with the release of each button.

Smiling seductively as she finished with the fly, Marie wasted no time in easing Logan's jeans down, at least as far as getting them down his hips. Once she had them started, she stopped and copying Logan's earlier actions glided his back onto the mattress. Moving to the foot of the bed, she removed his boots and socks before slowly inching down his own pants as he'd done hers.

Sliding her hands up his thickly muscled legs, Marie then crawl up behind her hands until she straddled his thighs. Resting her weight against him there, she leaned forward enough to reach the top button of his shirt. It wasn't long before she had that garment undone from top to bottom. As she slipped her hands beneath the flannel and began to push it open, a sharp gasp escaped her throat at the incredible feel of the rippling muscles of his upper torso. Swallowing hard past the lump in her throat, Marie grabbed one side of the shirt in each hand then pulled until Logan's back came off the bed.

With him sitting up, it was easy for her to slip her hands between the shirt and his shoulders and ease it down his arms. His chest was as amazing to see as it was to feel and she simply stared for a moment, chewing lightly on her bottom lip as she tried to control the hormones raging through her system.

"Mah Gawd, ya're an amazin' sight," she breathed hotly against his neck before peppering his shoulder with kisses, working downward toward his chest. Sitting upright again, Marie guided him back down to the bed before running her splayed hands across his muscular chest.

Logan closed his eyes and enjoyed the feel of those incredibly soft hands skimming his heated flesh. He trembled sharply as a fingernail scarped over an already taut nipple.

Grinning at the reaction, Marie continued to copy Logan's earlier actions as she brought her mouth to his chest and began to lick and nip his sculptured body. The loud moans, low groans and occasional growls only made the experience all the more enjoyable. As she continued down the length of his torso, shifting her position as she did so, Logan began to lift his hips.

Pulling back, Marie met his gaze and made a big production of licking her lips as she curled her fingers into the top of Logan's shorts and eased them down over his thick throbbing erection. Her eyes widened at the size of the organ but she didn't stop as she tried to hide her surprise.

Once his shorts had joined the other garments on the floor, Marie shifted again. Swallowing nervously she took a deep breath and released it slowly before placing a kiss on the hot tip of his cock.

"Oh FUCK!" Logan shouted at the incredible sensation of her wet mouth touching his penis. "Uh, baby…" he hissed. "Yeah, that's good."

Playing the whole thing by instinct, Marie snaked out her tongue and circled it slowly around the thick stock just beneath the head. The jerking of Logan's hips told her all she needed to know. With a slight grin, she ran her tongue down the length of his erection to the base, rubbing firmly at the junction between his penis, scrotum and his body.

"Jesus, MARIE!! Ooooooh, baby…" Logan whimpered as his control faltered and he jerked wildly. "Oh, God, baby, yeeesssss."

Dragging her tongue back up the path it had taken down Marie took just the head of his thick cock into the mouth and held him there without moving.

Logan fought not to jerk his hips up, forcing more of him into her mouth until she was ready but he was quickly losing control. "Uh, Marie… Oh fuck, baby, more… Please, darlin'… Can you take more?"

Opening her mouth further, Marie slowly took in a little more before pausing again.

"MORE!!" Logan begged loudly. "God, baby, please… MORE!"

Figuring she'd tortured him enough, Marie pulled more of him in until she couldn't take any more. At that point she began to bob her head slowly up and down his length as she alternated using her tongue and her teeth to provide alternate stimuli.

It was very quickly more than Logan could bear. Being another of the things that Jean refused to do, it had been so long since he'd had a blowjob that the feelings were so foreign it drove Logan out of his mind. His hips bucked sharply upward, forcing even more of him into Marie's mouth.

Marie did her best not to gage and managed to match his rhythm so that she didn't. Even at that she was able to change the direction and movement of her tongue and still use her teeth to work him over.

As hard as he'd been to start with combined with Marie's amazing skills, Logan was screaming her name in no time as he came with a force he'd never experienced before.

"Oh my God, Marie," Logan panted heavily, pulling her up beside him and wrapping his arms around her as he spooned her body with his own. "Baby, that was amazing."

Turning her head to look over her shoulder, Marie gave him a sweet smile before their lips met in another hungry kiss. As before, their tongues were quick to duel, the lingering taste of each other there for the other to experience. With the passion of the kiss increasing, Logan's hand smoothed down the flat surface of her stomach and slipped into the wetness still thick between her legs while the other gently fondled her breasts.

Marie moaned into his mouth as he began to stroke her again, his fingers finding all the right places without any effort. It was short seconds later that she was trembling with the beginnings of another release.

Conversely it had only been a few minutes and yet Logan was beginning to feel the familiar twinges of arousal starting in the pit of his stomach. Passing it off as wishful thinking, he continued to pleasure Marie, breaking off the kiss so he could hear her responses clearly. It wasn't until her third or forth release that Logan released his arousal was more than wishful thinking.

Leaning his head down beside Marie's as he continued his ministrations, Logan whispered to her in a gruff, throaty tone. "Baby, I wanna feel you from the inside. I wanna make love to you, Marie."

Nodding was the only response she was capable of at the moment and once she started she couldn't stop.

Grinning widely at her acceptance, Logan shifted their positions until Marie was beneath him, his erection already begging for entrance at her opening. "Are you sure, darlin'?" he asked weakly, praying that the answer was yes but needing to know for sure.

"Yeessssss," Marie hissed in reply.

Fighting the urge to just slam his way into her, Logan slowly guided his erection through her wet folds for lubrication before lining it up at her opening. Gently he pushed his way in, pausing with just the head inside of her to wait a few seconds for her to adjust. The fact that she was so tight made it even harder to go slow but also made it more necessary.

Closing his eyes, Logan continued with that pattern, easing in a little at a time then pausing for Marie to adjust. About the time he thought he was as far as he could go, he felt something give and he slid in to the hilt. His eyes widened at the sharp gasp that sounded from Marie just as he realized what had happened.

"Baby, you said you weren't a whore, you didn't tell me you were a virgin. Why didn't you tell me?" he asked softly, his expression filled with concern.

Breathing slowly through the slight pain, Marie met his gaze with tear filled eyes. "Would it a mattered?"

Careful not to move his hips, Logan leaned down, resting his head beside hers. "Oh, Marie, I would have been more careful. Prepared you better, baby. There are things I could have done to make it more comfortable for you."

"Ah'm fine, Logan," she insisted despite a shaky voice. "Please, sugah, jus' make love t' me."

Complying with her request, Logan leaned back slightly and watched her face careful as he pulled out of her slowly then eased back in. "Oh, baby, you feel so good," he whispered as he watched her face contort with pleasure. "Ooooh, Marie…"

Working to keep her eyes opened, Marie tried to focus on Logan's face as he continued to slowly move within her. Her hands moved up his straining arms before letting her fingernails skim lightly down the length of the muscular back. "Aww, Logan…" she moan before releasing a long, loud whimper. "Gawd, don' hold back, sugah … please!"

Still fighting the urge to pump hard, Logan slipped his hands around the back of Marie's thighs just behind her knees. Slowly he forced her legs further apart as he pushed her knees closer to her chest allowing for deeper penetration.

"Ooooooh … that's it, Logan…" Marie encouraged, wanting to experience his passion as much as not wanting him to hold back.

Logan released a shuddering growl as he finally began to increase the force and speed of his thrust thanks to her pleading. Focusing his hearing on Marie's verbal responses and listening closely for any signs of pain, he continued to slowly increase his actions until he was happy, something that he usually wasn't with Jean he suddenly realized.

Watching Marie wither as he pumped into her, Logan began to realize other things that had never occurred to him before and by the time they each screamed the other's name in the throes of passion, he'd come to a life altering decision.

Satiated by their vigorous activity, Logan and Marie curled up together on the small bed to rest. It wasn't long before the latter was sleeping peacefully, the former content for the moment to just watch her. A few minutes later, Logan slipped from the bed but not before he whispered the words he'd been toying with since they'd made love.

"I love you, Marie," Logan said in a soft, tender tone before kissing her lightly on the forehead then pulling on his jeans. With a final look at the sleeping woman, he left the room.



With the first signs of daylight, Marie started her ritual morning stretches. Hating the mornings as she did, she liked to do what she could before opening her eyes. As she stretched her arms, she encountered something solid, which wasn't an unusual thing since the wall was right there. What was odd was that the object was warm.

Marie's eyes snapped open instantly and she found herself staring into familiar hazel eyes. "Logan," she cried excitedly before her tone dropped to a calmer level. "Ah didn't expect ya t' still be here," she stated. "In fact Ah thought Ah heard ya leave las' night."

Gently caressing her beautiful features with his eyes, Logan shook his head. "I'm not goin' anywhere, darlin'. I just needed to make a phone call."

"A phone call?" Marie asked weakly.

"I wanted to call Jean and tell her I wouldn't be home," Logan said softly.

Fighting the urge to cry, Marie nodded. "Well Ah'm sure she's expectin' ya soon then, ya better get goin'."

Logan shook his head sharply. "I told you, I'm not goin' anywhere, Marie, and Jean ain't waitin' for me … not anymore."

"Ah don' understand, Logan."

His hand moving to tenderly stroke her cheek, Logan held her gaze intently. "I don't love Jean, Marie. I love you and I wanna be with you." Following a long pause in which he averted his eyes, Logan continued in a soft, slightly trembling tone. "If you want me."

Smiling through a veil of tears, Marie threw her arms around him and pulled him close. "Course Ah wan' ya, ya big dummy."

Logan's loud, barking laugh shattered the silence of the room. "Well all right then, darlin'. Looks like it's you and me."

"Tell me it'll be forever, Logan," Marie said softly as she smoothed a hand across his cheek.

"Forever, darlin'," he assured her as his hands resumed their exploration from the night before.

With a low, throaty giggle, Marie rolled onto her back and pulled Logan down against her. "Good," she cooed as she started a little exploring of her own.




"God dammit! That's enough!" Logan was shouting as the foreplay began again. "Get me the *fuck* out of here!!"

Opening her eyes finally, Chris initiated the jump back to the universe of their home.

Logan bolted from his seat as soon as he was aware he was back despite of the fact that he was quite thoroughly aroused by what he'd seen. Hell, that had been the last thing Logan needed to witness before his return to the school.

"I fucking asked you to show me with someone else!" Logan screamed at Chris at the top of his lungs as he turned on her and his hands curled into fists. The sharp clang of metal scraping across metal filled the room above the echo of his tirade.

"You asked if you were ever with someone else and I said yes but you didn't let me explain," Chris returned rather sharply.

With a feral growl, Logan turned on his heal and stormed from the room. There was no having a civilized conversation with that woman, not for at least a few weeks and there was no way Logan was hanging around that long.

Chris moved into the hallway behind Logan as he slammed the front door hard enough to jar pictures from the wall. She couldn't help but smile at the outcome. Hell she couldn't have planned it better herself. Suddenly she was glad that Logan hadn't let her explain that she'd only been to that universe briefly and that she didn't know how things turned out. Of course she hadn't told him that she could see in her mind's eye what was happening either and that she didn't have watch it visually.

"Well, Logan," she spoke to herself as she heard the angry roar of Scott's motorcycle fade into the distance, "I guess you'll be having some nice dreams for a while."