Author's Chapter Notes:
/Scott’s thoughts/, { Logan’s thoughts }, ~ Rogue’s thoughts ~
What a week! I still can't believe everything that's happened and you'll forgive me if I don't go into it, I just don't have the strength to relive it all. Suffice it to say that being X-Men isn't the easiest of vocations; hell teaching's a million times easier. Sorry about the swear there, you probably don't think that I ever cuss but I do, not very often but they come out occasionally, usually when I'm tired like I am now.

Shaking my head I finish packing the last few things I've pulled out of the closet to take with me, hell I still can't believe I'm going. See, there it is again. Anyway, where am I going, you ask? After the week we all had, the professor suggested that we take an extra few days and enjoy a long weekend in New York City. Scott and I accepted immediately, me because I love the city and Scott because he loves me and he knows how much I love the city. Ororo liked the idea too even though she isn't keen on crowds, she needs a break from the school and everything as much as we do. Rogue is ecstatic, her first real trip to the big city, you can't really count the last one since she in no way enjoyed it. Even Logan, back from his disappointing trip to Alkali Lake, has agreed to accompany us to the big apple.

Damn, Scott just stuck his head in and asked again if I'm ready to go, so I better hurry. Working to close the overstuffed suitcase, we all agreed to only bag each, why I agreed to that, I'll never know. Anyway I finally manage to get it closed with a grunt of satisfaction and calling on what strength I have left I start for the door. Scott's waiting for me out in the hallway and with a shake of his head and the sexiest of smiles he takes the bag from me and carries it himself. Have I said lately how much I love that man? I know he knows that after last night but let's not go into that, I can already feel my cheeks starting to get hot.

Anyway we head down the stairs and we're almost to the bottom when I notice Logan. He's standing at the front door, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over that incredible chest of his; did I mention that I'm extremely tired? So his arms are crossed over his "Oh my God" chest, that's what I thought the first time I saw it by the way, and he has this impatient look on his face as he stares up at us.

/Bite me/ Scott's voice rings in my head, a mental message for Logan I know. I have to hide the smile on my face; I really do love the interaction between these two, almost as much as they do. I'll deny it if you quote me but I know they really like and respect each other but they're both such men that they can't admit it, even to themselves.

"Sorry to keep everyone waiting," I tell him as we reach the bottom of the stairs. "I couldn't quite get my bag closed."

Slowly Logan straightens up to his full height and gives me one of the killer smiles of his, the ones that always remind me how much I like being a woman. Not that it means anything. I love Scott with all my heart and while I'm attracted to Logan, shit who wouldn't be, (sorry) I would never act on it because I love Scott too much. "That's all right, Jeannie," he says in a flirtatious tone, his smile broadening for Scott's benefit, "it's not like we're punching a clock."

/Then why the hell are you so impatient/ Scott again.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask, there's plenty of time on the road for those two to entertain us with their rivalry.

"Mostly," Logan growls and I wonder what that's about until we reach the Tahoe and I realize that Rogue isn't there.

The sound of the door slamming shut behind us makes me turn and all I can do was stare. Rogue comes running up to the rig, a huge suitcase in one hand and a cooler in the other. I have to force myself to breathe as I look at the outfit, if one can call it that, that she's wearing. Obviously Jubilee had some input on her chose of clothing. She's got on a short, low-cut, and I do mean LOW-CUT, tank top with the shortest pair of shorts that I think I've ever seen and a pair of sandals. She's still wearing her elbow-length gloves, which reminds me of her particular mutation and leaves me wondering what she thinks she's doing. Then I remember the flesh-toned bodysuit that the professor gave her and realize that she's wearing it.

I really have to give the girl credit for her confidence. I know for a fact that she hasn't shown that much skin in years. Shaking my head I turn back to the others only to see that I'm not the only one shocked by her appearance. I almost laugh out loud at Scott's face and I won't even repeat what he's thinking because then I'd have to kick his ass. So instead I look at Logan to check out his reaction as she stops beside him at the back of the truck and tries to hand him her bag.

"What the hell are you wearin', kid?" he demands gruffly, his wide eyes raking down her body.

I almost laugh again at the smile she gives him as she twirls around once, stopping again to face him. "Do ya like it?"

"No," he snaps but I know he's lying, I don't even need to peek into his mind to know that, the dilation of his pupils, the increase of his heart rate, the raggedness of his breathing. This trip is going to be even more fun than I thought. "You better go change," Logan tells her in no uncertain terms.

Rogue just looks at him like he's crazy; she is one of the few that can get away with that. "Like hell," she retorts with a Loganesque growl.

"Go change, Marie," he growls back a little louder.

"Ah ain't changin'," Rogue states with a finality that makes me proud.

"Leave her alone, Logan," I intervene.

Logan turns to me angrily and flashes me a snarl, baring his teeth like that's supposed to frighten me. It might have if I didn't know him, if I wasn't absolutely positive that he'd never hurt me. It was more or less just to make the point that he wasn't happy about my interference and once he figures he's done that he turns back to Rogue. "One bag each," he reminds her, lifting his chin toward the cooler she's holding.

"This ain't just fer me," she informs him with another coy little look. Damned if that girl isn't playing hardball. "Ah brought some refreshments fer the road." With that she opens the cooler to reveal bottled water, sodas and some of Logan's favorite beer.

I shake my head as a small smile plays at the corners of his mouth and he reaches for one of the cold ones. I look at Scott and he is still sort of staring at Rogue so I give him a little mental slap and his eyes snap up to mine, a look of guilt spreading across his features.

"'Ro, ya want somethin'?" Rogue asks the silent observer, as Logan cracks open the beer and downs the whole can in a single gulp.

"I am fine for now, thank you," Ororo declines as Logan reaches for another.

"Scott, Jean," the young woman offers us. We both decline so she closes the cooler and sticks it in the back before closing the door. "Let's get this show on the road," she demands excitedly.

And so it starts. Scott and Logan both head for the driver's side, Logan's longer legs getting him there just ahead of Scott. "What do you think you're doing?" Scott asks.

"I'm driving," Logan retorts shouldering Scott aside so he could open the door and get in.

Us girls climb into the back seat and settle in for the show.

"Logan, you've been drinking," Scott reminds him, always mister responsible, not that I'm knocking that by the way, it's never a good thing to drink and drive but this is Logan.

"It was a beer, Slim," Logan tosses back at him.

"Two beers," Scott corrects gesturing to the one Logan has just opened.

Through the rearview mirror I can see Logan roll his eyes. "Fine," he relents but instead of moving from the driver's seat, he hands his beer to Rogue who was sitting in the middle of the back seat. She takes it with a grin and promptly swallows a long swig. Looking over his shoulder Logan gives her an appreciative smile then his gaze drifts down to her legs. Almost immediately his eyes cloud over and he quickly looks away. I'm not really surprised, Logan is after all rather animalistic and for someone like him to see someone dressed like Rogue is, well of course his mind is going to turn to sex. Hell, Scott's mind had and he's about as clean-cut as they come.

I saw Logan shake his head as he turns over the ignition then looks out the open window at Scott. "You coming or staying, One-Eye?"

Scott doesn't say a thing, well not verbally anyway, as he makes his way around the truck and climbs into the passenger's seat.

Beside me in the middle, Rogue takes another long swallow from the beer Logan has given her and I suddenly notice him watching her through the rearview mirror. From my position behind Scott, I can see the way he's staring at her neck as she tilts her head back to drink from the can. After a moment I guess he realizes that I am watching him and he averts his eyes back to the road.

His eyes must have swept past something interesting because he reaches over suddenly and it isn't until he pulls on a familiar pair of red-tinted sunglasses that I realize what it is he saw.

"Those are mine," Scott cries indignantly as Logan dons his backup pair of sunglasses.

"Yeah, so?" Logan shrugs casting a glance at man beside him. My man if you didn't know.

I know exactly what Logan is doing with the sunglasses. With them on I can't see where his eyes are but I know exactly what he's looking at. I know it's wrong but it's been such a hell of a week and I needed a little distraction so I open my mind to him and listen.

{ Fuck, Marie, why the hell couldn't you have just changed? It's down right indecent and ... shit you look hot! Jesus when did you grow up? I mean you always turned me on but I knew it was wrong. Now I'm not sure it is. }

I was shocked. I mean I never would have considered that Logan had the hots for Rogue. I mean I know that she has a crush on him but who wouldn't after everything he's done for her? Glancing at the woman beside me, she may only be eighteen but she was nothing if not a woman, I open my mind again, this time to her.

~ Damn it, when is he gonna realize that Ah ain't a little girl anymore? Ah's sure this outfit would do the job, Ah mean come on, Logan, open yer eyes, and take off those damn glasses while yer at it. Even Scott looked flustered, which was the last thing I wanted, not that he ain't a great guy but he's taken and ... well, he so ain't you. ~

I have to cover my mouth with my hand and clear my throat to cover the snicker that rises in me at that. That has to be the biggest understatement ever. I worry for a moment when Rogue turns to me suddenly, her attention drawn by my sudden actions. She just smiles a little at me then turns back to watching the road. Okay, so she wasn't watching the road but then neither was Logan.

{ Shit, Logan, would you just keep your fucking eyes on the road and quite looking at her. Yeah, she looks incredible in that outfit, so what. Have her legs always been that long? Fuck! When we get back I'm going to turn that Jubilee over my knee and ... forget that, I'd rather bend Marie over my knee. Better than that, I'd rather just bend her over in front of me and ... }

Oops, better leave right now. That's a little more information than I want to have. Focusing my thoughts again on the other side of the equation, I settle back against the back of the seat and close my eyes.

~ Jubilee assured me that this outfit would work, damn it. I wonder if she has any idea how uncomfortable this fuckin' bodysuit is? And these goddamn sandals are about as attractive as a pile a shit! ~

I watch as Rogue slips off the sandals, they really are butt ugly by the way, letting one fall on either side of the hump her feet are resting on. Something about the way she pauses suddenly, like she has an idea, makes me continue.

~ Let's just see if this'll get yer attention, Wolvie. ~

I almost laugh again at the pet name then nearly choke when Rogue lifts her long legs and slides them up onto the console positioned between Scott and Logan's chairs. My eyes must be bugging as she brushes her left leg against Logan's arm as she moves to cross her legs at her ankles.

{ Holy fucking Christ! Breathe, Logan, just breathe, ... and stop looking! }

Logan turns sharply and pins her with a stare we can't really see through the protection of Scott's glasses. "What the hell are you doing?" he snaps but I can hear the crack in his voice even if Rogue can't.

"There ain't any leg room back here," she retorts in a bit of a whiny voice that she only uses on occasion, usually the right ones.

His nostrils flaring like I've never seen them before, Logan scowls and turned back to the road ahead of him.

~ Score one for me. ~

Okay, so maybe it is more than a crush, I know I have certainly underestimated the girl's abilities. It must be the Logan in her head giving her ideas how to get to him because she certainly seems to be.

{ Goddamn it. What the fuck does she think she'd doing? God, I could just reach out right now and touch her. Music, yeah, music's a good idea and if I happen to touch her leg on accident, they won't know a thing. }

Logan sat up a little straighter in his seat and rolled his neck a little. I have to say it's pretty damn cute watching him working up the courage to follow through with his little plan. Finally, keeping one hand on the wheel, not that it mattered too much since he definitely wasn't paying attention to his driving, Logan leans forward to reach for the radio. First of all he's leaning way more to the center of the vehicle than he has to, practically wrapping his arm around Rogue's outstretched legs as he turns on the radio then starts slowly, and I do mean s l o w l y, starts changing radio stations.

I can't believe it when Rogue shifts her legs and starts petting his chest with her foot. I mean my GOD it's getting really hot in here. Why don't you just stick your foot in his lap and do that?

~ What're ya thinkin' in that head a yers, Logan? Somethin' really bad, Ah hope. God right now if we were the only one's in this truck Ah'd make you pull over and I'd rub somethin' else. ~

Gee, I hope I'm not projecting. Even if I am, I can't help but smile at the thought, not of her and Logan but she was giving me some ideas for Scott once we reach the hotel.

Finally Logan gets his fill of that, well that's probably not possible but he leans back in his seat anyway. As if to prove my point, instead of returning his right hand to the steering wheel, he rests his elbow beside Rogue's leg, and when I say beside, I really mean against.

{ That was a brilliant fucking idea, Einstein. Now you can't stop touching her! Shit, it's a good thing that we're not alone or I would be touching her like she's never been touched before. Oh yeah, I'd run my hands up those incredible legs and rip those little shorts off and ... }

Nope, don't wanna know, not that I can't imagine. As a new song comes on the radio, a song with a pounding beat, Rogue starts to bop in her seat like she's dancing to the music. She's moving her legs too, rubbing against Logan's arm in a way that threatens to make me blush. Did I mention that it's getting extremely hot in here?

Rogue lifts her arms over her head as she continues to dance in her seat, her cropped shirt riding up to reveal more skin.

~ Are ya watching, sugah? Ah thought so. This is all fer you, Logan. Give me half a chance and Ah'll do a private little dance number fer ya. Striptease, baby, that's what Ah'm talkin' 'bout. ~

{ ... looking up at you bouncing above me like that ... }

Damn, Logan you really are hot and bothered, aren't you? Who'd have guessed? Okay, so I'm a telepath but I don't go around reading people's mind without permission. Well most of the time anyway. Shit! I just busted myself.

Closing off my mind to both of them, and let me tell it was hard since I hadn't had that much fun in a long time, I still enjoy Rogue's little performances though. I have actually lost count of the number of times Logan changed the radio station over the next couple of hours. It's funny really that no one else seems to notice. Ororo grumbles occasionally when he changes the station when a favorite song of hers is on, and Scott just threatened to turn the "damn thing off", his words not mine, if he touches it one more time, but neither seem to notice the foreplay going on. I know foreplay, Logan and Rogue? I don't have a clue what else to call it and after watching it for hours on end, I am as hot and bothered as Logan by the time we finally reach the hotel.

As soon as he pulls into a parking place, I am out the door, pulling Scott out and hurrying into the swanky, very expensive hotel the professor has arranged for us. Scott has just given the receptionist our names when the others join us.

"Yes," the man replies cordially, "everything has been taken care of and you're rooms are ready."

"Thank you," I said shortly grabbing one of the keys from his hand. A gave the man an apologetic smile, then grab Scott's hand and pull him after me. Poor Scott, I think I scared him. We had no more than made it into the room when I jump him. He grunts softly as the force of my body slamming into his pushes him against the door.

"Jean, I..." he didn't have time to finish before I devour his mouth with my own and start doing some of the things Logan and Rogue have been imagining.

"What brought that on?" Scott asks me a short time later as we lay twined together on the floor of our room, our clothes surrounding us in a haphazard circle.

I smile at him and shake my head. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

He returns my smile, opening his mouth to say something when a wave of inspiration hits me and I jump up just as fast as I'd jumped him. I glance at Scott and he is looking at me like I've lost my mind or something, which is quite possible considering my recent activities.

I don't have time to explain I need to act now, before I lose my courage. Bending down I grab Scott's shirt and pull it on before moving to the door. "I'll be right back, don't move." Then I run out into the hallway of one of the classiest hotels in New York City, with nothing on but a T-shirt that barely covers my bare ass.

I ignore the looks of the people I pass as I ran down the hallway and pound on the first door I came to. Almost immediately the door opens. I don't think Rogue's eyes could have gotten any wider at least until I grab her arm and pull her out into the hallway with me. I continue pulling her along behind me until we reach the next door then I drop her arm and pound again.

This time I had to knock twice before Logan opens the door. I push in past him, with Rogue in tow, then turn to face him. His eyes are almost as wide as Rogue's and I could see his nose twitching, no doubt smelling the sex on me.

"Okay you two, this is it. The unresolved sexual tension has got to stop," I shout at them. "I just fucked Scott's brain's out on the floor of a 5 star hotel and it's all your fault!"

"How do you figure that?" Logan demands and as much as I fight it, I can't help but smack him up side the head.

"Shut up and listen," I yell at him. He growls but doesn't say another word. "I can't believe you two are so blind! You want each other, face it. Logan, run your hands up her incredible legs and rip off those little shorts, she wants it." Logan's eyes snap up to meet mine and I know he's on to my little pastime but I don't care. "Rogue," I continue, "do your little striptease for him, make him beg for it because he will."

My peace said I stand there watching the two of them as they stand there, staring at each other. Rolling my eyes I take a step forward, placing a hand on each of them and pushing them together. "NOW!"

I hold them together for another beat before Logan's hands came up and wrap around Rogue and her hands splayed out across that incredible chest. Feeling my work is done I drop my hands from them and head for the door. As I open it I glance back, not at all surprised to find them wrapped together on the floor. With a smile I move back into the hallway, put the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the doorknob and pull the door closed. I don't except to see them the rest of the weekend, in fact I hope Ororo is ready for some time to herself because I don't think I'll be leaving my room either.