Author's Chapter Notes:
I'd like to dedicate this story to all of you who have been waiting so long for me to finish it. All the encouragement I've received from you means more than I can put into words. I truly hope you won't be disappointed. Finally, to my best buddy, writing partner and all around confidence builder -- thanks for everything, Chris, this one, like all the others is for YOU! Merci, mon meilleure amie! ~ depicts dreams~ {personal thoughts} {{projected thoughts}}
1

They were silent, save for Marie's quiet sobs, as Logan ushered her up the stairs to their room. It was rather obvious that she was in shock over what happened, and rightly so. To harbor feelings of anger and aggression against Scott Summers was nothing new to Rogue after weeks of growing her very own little Wolverine inside, but to suddenly have claws appear, that was more than anyone should be expected to take.

With his arm wrapped tightly around her waist, Logan whispered tender words of love, assuring her that everything would be okay. As they walked, Marie didn't even hear his comforting assurance as she focused solely on the bloody glove of her right hand, staring at the ragged slits from which said claws had appeared. A violent shudder wracked her small frame as she realized that most of the blood there, wasn't even hers.

"Ah stabbed ‘im," Rogue muttered aloud in a hushed tone.

"It's okay, darlin'," Logan soothed softly as he opened the door to their room and guided her inside. "He'll be okay, baby."

"Ah … Ah stabbed ‘im," she repeated just as quietly while Logan pushed the door closed behind them.

"Marie," he began firmly, taking her by the shoulders and giving her a quick shake. "Scott's gonna be fine! It's just a flesh wound."

Rogue's eyes widened even as they shined brighter with fresh tears. Looking up to meet Logan's loving gaze, she shook her head weakly. "Ah stabbed ‘im."

By now it was quite clear that her shock ran deeper than he'd originally thought. Not knowing what else to do, Logan jerked her forward and held her tightly against his chest. "It's okay, darlin', it's all gonna be okay."

Burying her face in the front of his dress shirt, Marie sobbed uncontrollably. Curling her arms around Logan's back, she pressed more firmly against him.

"Shh, Marie," Logan whispered tenderly as he rubbed gentle patterns on her back. "C'mon now, baby, it's not that bad. Scooter's fine and everything's alright."

Just the mention of his name seemed to make it worse for her again and Logan decided enough was enough. He was going to get her mind off what had happened or he was going to die trying. Shifting their positions slightly, Logan adjusted her enough that he could walk then started a slow shuffle toward the bed.

Marie was still crying and not really even aware of the change in location since she was staring again at her blood-covered glove and the splatters on her dress. Distraught as she was, her head was hanging down until her chin nearly touched her chest as she continued to sob.

"C'mon, darlin'," Logan said tenderly, "let's get you outta these clothes."

After a brief moment in which Marie failed move, he took it upon himself to undress her. Rogue was nearly catatonic as he reached around her and eased down the zipper of her dress before pulling it down off her shoulders and finally pushing it off over her hips until it fell to the floor. At that point, he maneuvered Marie into a sitting position on the bed then knelt down in front of her, taking up residence between her knees after removing the gown from around her ankles.

With loving care, Logan removed her shoes, tossing them aside carelessly. Hoping to bring her around, he slid his hands slowly up her legs to where the garter was holding up her stockings. Releasing each of the clips he then pulled the nylons seductively down her legs before studying her face. Logan was disappointed that she hadn't seemed to notice and with a heavy sigh, he continued slowly.

The full-length gloves were the next to go, peeling them off slowly, his gloved fingers skimming across her bare flesh. Aside from a slight shiver, there was no reaction to that either. His frustration growing at not being able to draw Marie out of her debilitating mindset, Logan released a low growl as he considered his options. So far nothing had worked and there was only one other thing that he could think of and he really hoped that it would work, otherwise he was going to have get some help.

Taking an object from the drawer of the nightstand, Logan fiddled with it for a moment before placing it on the tabletop. Leaning forward, his mouth descending to within millimeters of Marie's ear he whispered, his breath hot against her skin, "Darlin', you gotta let it go." The last couple of words were barely understandable as his lips connected with her neck.

Rogue jerked back sharply at the contact or at least she tried. Logan had anticipated her reaction and was holding her firmly in place. Peppering a series of kisses on her neck and nibbling lightly on her earlobe, he allowed his tongue to snake out, drawing it down along the line of her jaw. Logan smiled against her chin as she finally responded with a low whimper, then he moved up to cover her lips with his own.

Responding hungrily, Marie quickly opened her mouth to him, forcing her tongue out to greet his. As much as he loved being able to kiss her, Logan wanted to assure that she wouldn't just slip back into her sorry state when he stopped. Bringing his lips down across her chin again, he began a quick journey down the center of her body, zigzagging his tongue as he went. When he reached the fabric concealing her breasts, Logan barely had the presence of mind to realize that it was a front closure bra before he sliced it open with a claw.

Releasing the clasp, he kissed his way up the side of first one breast, flicking his tongue around and then across the nipple before repeating the process on the other breast. Marie moaned loudly at the feeling, arching her back off the bed.

"Aww, Logan…" she cooed in a breathless drawl.

Again Logan could have camped there all day but unfortunately time was not on his side. Growling low in his throat, he resumed his southward journey, his nostrils flaring at the increasing smell of his sweet Marie. Ignoring the garter in favor of her panties, Logan quickly disposed of them then after pushing her further from the edge of the bed he hungrily buried his face between her thighs.

Marie gasped loudly, her entire body trembling as her lover went at her with his usual gusto. This time it was different though because for the first time there was no barrier between her swollen folds and Logan's hot mouth. It was no time at all before she was screaming his name with a blinding orgasm but it didn't stop Logan in the least. Hell, it didn't even slow him down! By the time the alarm sounded from the nightstand and Logan pulled away from her, Marie couldn't even remember her name, much less what had happened half an hour ago.

Leaning back on his heels, Logan watched as the love of his life continued to whither on the bed before him. It did his ego good to see her reaction to the pleasure that he'd just had.

Her breathing still ragged, Marie finally managed to sit up and look at the incredible man in front of her. "Logan… Gawd, sugah, that was… Ah can't even tell ya…"

A gloved hand moving to cup the side of her face, Logan gave her a lustful smile. "I've wanted to do that for as long as I can remember, darlin'."

Grinning coyly at his words, Marie glanced at the bedside table, taking in the timer that he had used, the same one from Jean's lab. "That's a brilliant idea, Logan," she said seductively. "The only trouble is ya used awl the time."

Meeting her gaze squarely with a wickedly arched brow, Logan grinned lecherously. "So maybe next time I'll share."

"Yeah?" she asked demurely, raising her brows teasingly. "Well how very gracious of ya, kind sir." Laughing lightly at the expression on Logan's face, Marie sobered somewhat suddenly and quite quickly. "Logan, how long… Ah mean … how much time d'ya need fer us t' … make love?"

Surprised by the question, Logan drew in a deep breath as he stalled for the time he needed to form a response. He'd actually been considering that question for some time and he'd only managed to come up with one answer. Swallowing past a suddenly dry throat, Logan slowly moved forward, placing a hand on each of her legs.

"Darlin', I…" pausing, Logan released a shaky breath and looked up to meet her gaze. "I don't wanna have to make love to you by some fucking time clock, baby," he admitted gruffly. "I wanna be able to take my time and not have to rush. I wanna be able to make love you to over and over without stopping and without watching a clock and without worrying about having to hurry. Do you understand that, Marie?"

Nodding slowly as tears gathered in her eyes, Marie offered him a weak smile. "Ah think that's the most beautiful thin' ya've ever said t' me, sugah."

Arching a brow high onto his forehead at that, Logan scowled. "If that's true than I've been horribly remiss."

A sudden burst of laughter filled the room as Marie clutched at her belly.

"What's so funny?" Logan demanded trying to sound harsh but the grin on his face spoiled the attempt.

Tamping her mirth down to a mere giggle, Marie brushed her bare hand carefully across his whiskered jaw. "You are, sugah," she returned softly. "Ya sounded jus' like Scott."

Logan's forehead wrinkled in disdain. "I say the most beautiful thing I've said to you so *you* insult *me* by saying I sound like *Scooter*?!" he said in an incredulous tone.

Stilling giggling slightly, Marie stared at him for a long moment before the grin on her face began to fade. "Ah'm sorry ‘bout before, Logan. Ah … Ah dunno what happened t' me."

Knowing exactly what she was talking about thanks to the mention of Scott Summers, Logan was quick to put her at ease. "It's okay, Marie," he assured her, shaking his head for good measure. "Everyone knows that you didn't mean to hurt Cyke and I'm sure it was a hell of a shock to discover those," he continued softly, nodding his chin slightly toward her hands. "It just happened, darlin'. You gotta accept that and move on."

A weak smile turned up the corners of Marie's mouth and she gave him a small nod. "D'ya know how much Ah love ya, Logan?"

With an exaggerated pause, Logan seemed to consider the question before wiggling his brows at her. "I'm not sure … think you might have to show me…"

"Ah'd be happy t', sugah," she returned, rising from the bed to dress again so she could do just that.


Logan and Marie became quickly content with using the timer and taking full advantage of the five minutes they were afforded by Jean's efforts. Of course they wanted more time and so they counted the days until the newlyweds would return so they could go back to work but they didn't begrudge the time they *did* have. It was too precious a thing to waste and they'd waited to long already besides, after all, five minutes was better then five seconds.

It was mid afternoon about a week into Jean and Scott's honeymoon when Rogue decided that her and Logan should take a picnic dinner out into the gardens. They had their meal then stretched out side of side on the blanket and just held each other. Logan, who had been having a problem recently with his recurring nightmares had fallen asleep with the surprisingly warm late fall sun shining down on him, and Marie was content to just watch him, her head resting comfortably on his shoulder.

Over the past week, Marie had become more and more capable of controlling the Wolverine that resided in her head but there were still times when the instincts and abilities that Logan had passed to her were too strong to ignore. As she rested at Logan's side, a growing feeling began to prickle the hairs at the base of her neck and she knew that they were being watched.

Inhaling deeply, letting her nostrils flare wide as she sampled the air around her, Marie's brows furrowed at the familiar scent that greeted her nose. Lifting her head carefully from Logan's chest, she sniffed the air again with the same results. Turning her head sharply she found the source of the scent, her eyes widening in shock.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude," the man said quietly.

"Ya ain't," Rogue returned quickly, almost too quickly in her shock. "Scott, what're ya doin' back so soon? Is ever'thin' awl right?"

A gentle smile graced the lips of the man standing a short distance away. "Everything's fine, Rogue," he assured her softly. "Listen, I don't want to disturb Logan's nap," he continued quietly, raising his arm in the other man's direction and visibly flinching in response. Moving a hand to his still tender shoulder, Scott Summers shook his head and carefully avoided eye contact with the young woman he was talking to. "I'll talk to you guys later."

Having noticed the fact that the injury she'd caused was still giving him problems, Marie's expression turned somber. "Ya don' gotta go, Scott," she whispered sorrowfully, her eyes downcast.

Drawing in a long breath, Scott looked up at the pitiful tone in which the teen spoke. The guilty manner of her expression tore at his heart. He'd already forgiven her for the incident at the wedding, not that *she* knew that. Scott wanted to inform her of that much at the very least but then he didn't want to be the one responsible for waking what he was sure would be a grumpy Wolverine either. "I really don't want to wake Logan, Ro…"

"Logan ain't asleep," a gruff voice informed him as hazel eyes popped open. Turning his head to look at the man a short distance away, Logan's left brow arched questioningly. "Ain't you supposed to be on your honeymoon, bub?"

With a soft laugh, Scott nodded. "I *am* on my honeymoon," he corrected lightly, "we just decided to finish it here."

"Is Jean okay?" Marie wanted to know, fearing suddenly that something had happened to bring them home.

A secretive smile turned up the corners of the young man's mouth. "Jean's great," Scott assured the other couple.

Curious as to what would bring them back halfway through their honeymoon, Logan pulled himself into a sitting position and turned to face the other man. "So where is she?" he more or less demanded.

"She's down in the lab waiting for you," Scott informed the couple much to their shock.

Logan and Marie exchanged a quick look before the former shook his head. "What?"

Fighting to keep from laughing, Scott took his chances with a grin. "Jean," he began more slowly, "is in the lab waiting for the two of you."

Confusion plain on her beautiful young features, Marie repeated Logan's action, shaking her head as she gently shrugged her shoulders. "Why?"

Scott Summers dropped his gaze for a moment then slowly lifted his head to look at the couple on the blanket. When he began to speak his voice was low and hesitant. "From the time that Jean and I set a date, I couldn't think of anything but making her my wife and taking her away on a grandiose honeymoon. I wanted to have her all to myself so I could show her how much I loved her. I wanted her to *know* without a doubt that she was the most important thing in my life." Pausing briefly, Scott cleared his throat and looked away quickly before continuing. "I'll admit that I was hurt that she seemed more interested in helping you than marrying me."

"Scott," Marie started to interrupt but he wasn't having any of that.

Holding up a hand and shaking his head firmly, Scott cut her off. "Please let me finish, Rogue."

With a weak nod, the young woman resolved herself to listen as she wrapped her fingers around Logan's tightly in anticipation of hearing some things that she was sure she didn't want to hear.

"So right or wrong that was how I felt before the wedding and then…" Dropping off in mid-sentence, Scott shifted his gaze to Rogue. There was no need to say anything more, it was plainly obvious by the young woman's expression that she knew to what he was referring. "Well needless to say I was on a pretty major pity trip by the time we left. I was only thinking about me and I didn't even realize it until I ruined the first night of our honeymoon. Jean tried to explain it to me but I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear that she wanted to help you so much because she wanted everyone to have the kind of love that she had. It took me a long time to realize that what she was saying was that she *knew* how much I loved her and she wanted to share that."

Again Scott dropped his gaze and regret was heavy in his tone when he continued. "Anyway, when I realized that, I also realized how selfish I'd been. I have to tell you that I was really shocked by that because I've always seen myself as a giving person. I always thought that I did a good job of putting others before myself."

"You do," Logan interjected suddenly, his tone not leaving much room for argument.

Shaking his head, Scott looked to the older man, meeting his gaze squarely. "Not this time, I didn't."

"Logan's right, Scott," Marie added quickly. "This wadn't jus' any situation, this was yer weddin' an' ya had ever' right t' be selfish ‘bout that."

Nodding, Logan was quick to agree. "Marie's right too, you should still be selfish, you're supposed to be on your honeymoon."

"No," Scott insisted firmly, "I don't want to be selfish. I want to share this. I finally realized why helping you was so important to Jean and it's important to me now too. We want you both to have the simple freedom that we take for granted. We want you to be able to love without fear or reservation. You both deserve that, everyone does."

As Rogue listened to Scott's words, tears gathered in the corners of her eyes. To say that what she was hearing was overwhelming was an understatement. All she could do was stare, open-mouthed at the man who, not all that long ago she'd stabbed in a blinding rage. The same man who was now offering her and Logan a selfless gift, the greatest gift that anyone could offer her, the chance to love freely.

The salty scent of fresh tears wasn't at all a surprise to Logan and he was quick to offer comfort to the woman he loved with all his heart. Wrapping his arms around her from behind, he pulled her back against his chest and nuzzled his face into her hair. "Don't cry, darlin'," he whispered tenderly near her ear.

"So are you two just going to sit there all day?" Scott questioned with an air of humor mixed with urgency. "Get the hell up and get moving!"

Still sniffling from the tears, Rogue smiled at the commanding tone from the leader of the X-Men. "Yes, sir," she returned with a light giggle, hugging Logan's arms tightly before pulling free and rising to her feet.

Arching a brow in mock disdain of being told what to do, Logan rose to his feet as well. By the time he reached down for the blanket spread out on the grass, Marie had the picnic basket repacked and had turned toward Scott.

Being the emotional time that it was for her, Rogue's eyes once again filled with tears as she met the ruby gaze of her teacher. A weak smile pulled at the corners of her mouth as she started forward, stopping directly in front of him with only inches of space between them. Slowly her smile began to grow but then so did the volume of her tears. "Thank ya, Scott," she finally managed to whisper as she leaned forward and gently brushed her lips against his cheek.

A slow grin started on Scott's features as Marie pulled away from him. A grin that froze on his face a moment later at her next words.

"An' Ah'm sorry," she whispered softly, her eyes dropping to the point where she'd stabbed him a week before.

Shaking his head slowly, he responded just as softly. "It's okay, Rogue, I know you didn't mean to."

A weak nod was Marie's only reply.

Scott looked up to where Logan was standing a few feet away then looked back to the young woman before him. "Hey, don't worry about it," he insisted lightly. "I really should thank you. That little wound brought with it some great benefits. Besides, my wife finds scars incredibly sexy," he added quickly, grinning coyly. "Must be a doctor thing."

Moving forward finally with the picnic basket in one hand and the blanket draped over his arm, Logan stopped at Marie's side and faced the other man. "I could help you out with a couple more scars if you'd like," he commented in a tone that might have been serious but the expression on his face was anything but.

"I think I'll pass for now, Logan," Scott laughed loudly. "Maybe another time."

Grinning widely, Logan shrugged his broad shoulders. "Suit yourself, Scooter." The comment was barely out of his mouth when the older man's expression did turn serious. "Thank you, Scott," he continued in a gruff tone, a sign that what he was saying was sincere but difficult.

Nodding slowly, Scott dropped his gaze from the intense one of the other man and saw the large hand extended towards him. His brows shooting up above the rim of his glasses, Cyclops raised his hand slowly to meet Logan's. "Don't mention it, Logan," he returned as they shook hands.

With a curt nod, Logan released the younger man's hand then wrapped his arm around Marie's waist as they headed toward the mansion for their next round of treatments.


2

The greeting in the medlab went much quicker as Jean was ready and raring to get back to work. She had everything set up and waiting for the couple, ushering them immediately to their seats as she nodded absently at Marie's questioning of her honeymoon.

"It was great, thanks," Jean Grey-Summers returned distractedly. "So, has there been any change?"

With a glance at Logan, Rogue shook her head. "No change but we've been … content with our five minutes."

Jean paused in her work and turned abruptly to face the younger woman. "Rogue, honey, I don't want you content, I want you happy." Smiling at the look of thanks on the teen's face, the doctor returned her attention to her task. "I had an idea while I was away and I'm ready to give it a try."

"We're ready for it," Logan replied as he held tightly to Marie's still gloved hand.

Marie inhaled a deep breath as Jean moved toward her with that huge, wicked looking needle. Releasing the breath in a long, slow exhalation, she closed her eyes and waited first for the sting of the needle and then for the fierce pain as the medication moved through her system. The reaction was almost immediate this time and thankfully it was only seconds before blackness overtook Marie's vision and she passed out.

By the time she regained consciousness, nearly twenty minutes later, Jean was immensely concerned and Logan was beyond frantic. As she made her way toward wakefulness, the first thing Marie was aware of was muffled voices. That was how she determined the state of mind of the others. The next thing she discovered was that she being held rather tightly, another indication of Logan's mood. It seemed to take forever to force her eyes open and when she did manage it, her vision was nothing more than a swirl of color, no shapes whatsoever.

Logan had pulled Marie into his lap and was holding her firmly against him, tenderly petting her face with his gloved fingers when her eyes finally fluttered open. Relief the likes of which he'd never experience washed over him and he felt the prick of tears behind his eyes.

"Oh God, baby, are you alright?" he demanded gruffly. "Jesus, darlin', you scared the shit out of me!"

Smiling weakly at him, Rogue fought to nod her head. "Ah'm fine, sugah," she insisted in a hoarse, barely audible whisper.

From a short distance away, Jean watched the interaction between the two for a moment before moving forward. "Are you feeling okay, Rogue? Maybe you'd like to wait and time the results later."

Shaking her head firmly, Marie had to close her eyes to stop the wave of dizziness that she felt with the action. "No, Ah wanna know now."

"Okay," the doctor returned with an understanding smile. After another short pause to simply take in the love the couple was conveying to each other through their eyes, Jean turned and moved back to her desk. "Just give me a second to get the timer ready and…"

Jean's voice dropped off as she realized that her timer was gone.

Logan's eyes widen as he suddenly realized the reason behind Jean's pause. "Uh … the timer's up in our room."

Her forehead furrowing questioningly, the doctor turned toward him about to ask when she realized why it was up there. Smiling at the implications, Jean laughed lightly at the slight flush that crept up Logan's cheeks. It was amazing that *he* would blush over something like that but there it was in bright pink.

"I'll uh… I'll just run up and get it," he stammered slightly as he started to rise from his seat, lifting Marie from his lap as he did so.

Shaking her head and fighting to keep the smile from becoming too prevalent on her features, Jean responded. "That's not necessary, Logan, Scott's bringing it down."

Arching a brow in response, Logan remained silent. Dropping his gaze back to the smiling woman in his arms, he shook his head at her as he snorted lightly. His expression softening into a loving countenance, Logan went back to tenderly petting Marie's face with his leather-clad hand.

It was no time at all before Scott entered the lab with a knowing smile and walked the timer over to his wife. Handing it to her with a grin, he bent down and kissed her firmly on the lips before turning back toward the door. As he started back across the room to leave, Scott met Logan's gaze and gave him a quick nod of approval before exiting.

"Okay then," Jean called out with a hint of humor lightening her tone, "whenever you're ready."

With a quick, hopeful glance at each other, Logan and Marie each pulled off their gloves. Both nodded at the same time in a signal to Jean as each brushed bare fingers against the other's face. As always they smiled at the incredible sensation of naked skin against naked skin. Instinctively they leaned toward each other, their lips meeting hungrily as was the norm. They never tired of kissing or touching; a feeling derived from being denied so long.

As their mouths opened to one another and the kiss deepened, hands began to grow restless. Running her bare fingers through the thick softness of Logan's hair, Rogue dropped one hand to his shoulder then slowly dragged it downward across his chest, toward the row of buttons in the center of the flannel. She had half of them undone before she stopped, snaking her hand inside to splay against his hairy, magnificent chest.

Likewise, Logan's hands didn't remain idle for long. Cradling her head tenderly in one hand, his other skimmed down Marie's side to her hip before starting back up under the hem of her shirt. The smooth skin of her back was like heaven to his hand but he wanted to feel more. Moaning softly into her mouth as Marie's fingernails raked across a taut nipple, Logan slid his hand around her side and continued upward until he cupped a perfect breast.

Sighing loudly at the contact, Marie shifted her position without breaking the still active kiss. Completely ignoring the fact that they weren't alone in the room, Logan helped to steady his lover as she turned in his lap to straddle his legs. Once she was again settled on his lap, Marie's other hand joined the first, completely undoing the remaining buttons on Logan's shirt before pressing her palms firmly to his torso.

In response, Logan drew his other hand up under her top, his large fingers curled around her side as he slid them up toward the barrier of her bra. Growling lightly into Marie's mouth then nipping softly at her lower lip, he pushed the offending material upward, freeing the lush breasts, which he so loved, from captivity.

Jean did her best to keep her eyes averted as the couple across the room continued to get bolder. It was difficult considering that she was a telepath and the passion growing in the room was quickly reaching uncontrollable levels. Realizing that having used the timer in the privacy of their own room was at least partially responsible for their boldness now, Jean glanced at the timer to find five minutes had nearly passed. Concerned about just how much longer, if any, the new concentration would afford them, not to mention she didn't know how much longer she could take the feelings roiling off of them, she decided it was time to tame things down a bit.

Unfortunately for Jean, Logan had other ideas. Finally breaking the kiss, he lifted Marie from his lap as he pulled her closer and latched onto a breast with his mouth, his tongue firmly stroking an already hard nipple.

A loud whimper tore from Marie's throat at the intense sensation of Logan's mouth closing around her breast. Immediately her fingers curled into his thick hair and pulled him closer, holding him against her like a drowning person would cling to a life preserver. "Awww, Logan," she moaned loudly in a ragged tone.

That was Jean's first indication that perhaps things had gone too far to stop before someone got hurt, namely Logan when Marie's mutation kicked back in. Still knowing that she had to try, Jean cleared her throat loudly and called out firmly. "That's enough, guys!" She was not surprised at all that it garnered no reaction other than a louder whimper from Marie and a low, muffled growl from Logan.

"Come on, you two," she tried again in a tone that bordered on harsh, "tame it down!"

This time she at least got a response from Logan, even if it was only one finger, and *not* a nice one.

Jean was about to try something more risky -- like a bucket of cold water -- when the blaring of an alarm sounded, startling everyone in the room. Logan was on his feet in an instant, quickly lowering Marie to the ground as his head whipped around in all directions, testing the air as he searched for answers.

Almost immediately the door across the bay opened and Cyclops entered in full uniform. "Come on, Logan, we got a situation," he ordered crisply before shifting his gaze to Jean who was already starting across the room. "You and Rogue stay here, Storm, Logan and I can take care of this."

Both women were about to object but the men were gone before they could.

Logan moved as quickly as he could, hindered somewhat by the erection he sported thanks to his previous activities with Marie. Thankfully Scott hadn't seemed to notice, at least until he stripped off his jeans to pull on his uniform. Turning to question Cyclops on the reason behind the alarm, Logan found the other man grinning at him pointedly. "What?!" Wolverine growled as he shrugged out of his already unbuttoned shirt and struggled into the leather outfit.

"Nothing," Scott snickered, shaking his head as he tried not to laugh. "Let's move, Storm's readying the jet."

With a curt nod and a nearly savage growl, Logan jerked up the zipper of the uniform and hustled after the leader of the X-Men.


Back in the lab, Jean and Rogue felt the foundation shake around them as the specially designed jet lifted off, carrying the small group of mutant superheroes to where they were needed most.

"I don't know why we couldn't have gone," Jean muttered tersely, obviously put out by being left behind.

Rogue was quick to nod in agreement, her own anger quickly turning to sorrow. "So Ah guess the session's over," she stated softly, working to right the garments that Logan had shifted in his passionate haste.

Jean turned to face her quickly. "Why do you say that?"

Shrugging lightly, Marie shook her head. "Ah dunno. Ah mean Logan's gone an' awl. How're we s'posed t' keep testin'?"

A small smile tipped the corners of Jean's mouth as she stared at the younger woman. With a quick quirk of her brows, she started forward, lowering herself into the chair beside Rogue. "We don't really need Logan, Rogue," Jean told her softly, "it's just safer."

Shaking her head sharply, Marie objected loudly. "No! Ah can't ask ya t' do that, ya've already done so much."

"You're not asking, I'm offering," Jean reasoned gently. "We'll just be careful is all."

Closing her eyes briefly to consider the offer, Rogue quickly found that the choice was no longer hers to make as she felt the soft skin of Jean's hand envelop her own. With a ragged sigh, she offered the older woman a weak smile as she focused all of her attention on identifying the first tingles that indicate the activation of her deadly mutation.


What should have been a short little mission to save a prospective new student from the clutches of Mystique and Sabretooth, turned into a three day ordeal filled with enough twists and turns to satisfy even the most diehard roller coaster addicts. By the time they landed the jet in the bowels of the mansion, Logan was more tired than he could *ever* remember being. It was a battle just to keep his eyes opened long enough to make it to his room.

Due to the lateness of the hour, Logan had been sure, and quite happily so, that he'd find Marie waiting for him there but such was not the case. He'd had the presence of mind to check the medlab before he started for the elevator but she hadn't been there either. With a frustrated growl and a heavy sigh, he made his way toward the carefully made bed and fell face first into the middle of it.

Logan smiled into the thick comforter as the amazing scent of his Marie filled his nostrils. He knew that the duvet had been washed recently but there was still faint traces of all the things that were Marie -- of course to anyone without his extraordinary olfactory sense, it would have simply smelled like a freshly washed comforter. Dragging in a long, deep breath, Logan closed his eyes for a beat, giving himself a moment to rest before heading out to look for his lover. As dead tired as he was and as much as he wanted to sleep, he wanted to hold Marie even more.

It wasn't thirty seconds later when Logan began to snore loudly, his arms gathering up the comforter into a bundle at his side.


3

Shopping with the girls had been a great diversion for a few hours but Marie was happy to get home. She was beyond ecstatic however as she opened the bedroom door to find Logan sprawled out, face first on the bed. Almost immediately the smile of finding him home was replaced by a frown as she took in the fact that he was still in his uniform and hadn't so much as removed his boots.

Carefully setting the bags she was carrying aside, Rogue moved slowly and quietly toward the bed. She watched Logan's face as he sniffed the air at her approach and she knew that he knew that she was there. That being the case, she knew it was safe for her to go about making him more comfortable without risking injury or death. Having been stabbed once by the metal claws that reside deep in his forearms, Rogue was *not* in a hurry to repeat that again. From the time that happened, she had been extremely careful when she was around the sleeping Wolverine. There had been a couple of times, even since they started their relationship, that Marie had been concerned that she was in danger of once again being ripped open by the razor sharp talons, but each time Logan had sniffed the air first, and recognizing her scent calmed immediately.

Still, Marie moved carefully as she sat at the foot of the bed and worked off her lover's boots. In short order she managed the job with only a few grunts from Logan along the way. Having completed that task, Marie considered her next objective. She'd wore one of those leather uniforms before so she knew it couldn't be all that comfortable to sleep in, which only went to show how tired Logan was to not have changed his clothes. That being the case, she hated the idea of rousing him from the sleep he so obviously needed.

Deciding not to disturb him to that extent, Rogue stretched out along his side, wrapping her arm around his back. Almost immediately Logan responded to her presence. Releasing his tight hold on the comforter, which had been a very poor substitute for the real thing, he rolled onto his side. Marie moved with him as he turned so that he was spooned against her backside.

Nuzzling his face into the thick hair surrounding her neck, Logan inhaled deeply, letting the breath escape his lungs slowly in a soft sigh.

With a gentle exhale of her own, Marie smiled at the heavenly feel of *her* amazing man. She would never tire of spending her nights in Logan's arms. Truth be told, she'd had a very difficult time sleeping during his absence. It had been the *only* time they'd been apart since Marie joined him in Canada and she hoped that it would be the last.

Despite being tired from her recent lack of sleep, she spent a long time lying awake and simply reveling in the feel of Logan's warm body pressed to her own. It wasn't long before his hands began their usual exploration. Par for the course, it wasn't long after that when Marie began to feel the evidence of his reaction to her.

Closing her eyes, Marie worked to control her breathing and slow the pounding of her heart but it was of little good with the growing hardness of Logan's huge erection poking her in the ass. With a low whimper, she started to roll from his embrace, determined not to disturb his much-needed sleep. The action was thwarted however when Logan's arm tightened around her.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked suddenly. Logan's voice was gruff from sleep and growling with arousal as he rasped the question in her ear.

Turning in Logan's arms as he rolled onto his back, Marie offered him a sweet smile. "Ah didn' wanna wake ya, sugah," she informed him softly as her hand moved slowly across the leather covering his chest.

"You didn't wake me, darlin'," he insisted tenderly while his own hands moved lightly over her back. "God, I missed you, baby."

Feeling the threat of tears at the honest emotion in her lover's tone, Marie let loose a shaky, almost sobbing sigh. "Ah missed ya so much, Logan," she returned with a watery smile.

His brows drawing together in concern over her emotional turn, Logan pulled her against his hard frame and hugged her tightly. Dropping his voice to a soft, tender purr, he rubbed soothing patterns across her back as he spoke. "C'mon, Marie, don't cry. I'm here now, darlin'."

All Rogue could do was nod her head against his chest, being too overwhelmed for any other response.

Logan could feel the slide of her cheek across the black leather of his uniform. "You know, if you don't quit cryin' I'm gonna have to make you stop," he informed her in a familiar, husky tone.

Tilting her head so she could meet his gaze, Marie offered him a coy grin as her thumb and forefinger clasped the zipper running down the center of his torso. Easing the closure down in a slow, seductive fashion, she arched an eyebrow up at him. "An' jus' how d'ya plan t' do that?"

Smirking at the almost taunting tone of his lover's question, Logan copied her expression, arching his left brow high onto his forehead. "Well first I'm gonna…"

That was as far as he got with the comment, the rest died in his throat as Marie moved quickly to straddle his thighs. Attacking the zipper with an intense sense of urgency, she had the garment fully opened in a flash. Swiftly pulling off her gloves, Marie splayed her bare hands out against Logan's muscular chest, pressing firmly as she dragged her hands across heated flesh. His dark chest hair contrasted sharply with her pale skin as it curled possessively around slim fingers.

"Whoa there, darlin'," Logan teased though he was very much liking her aggressive behavior. In fact, he was really liking it *a lot*! "I guess you did miss me," he concluded with a throaty chuckle.

The intensely heated and thoroughly animalistic cast to Marie's usually doe-like brown eyes brought a rumbling growl from the pit of Logan's stomach. The look still in effect, Marie licked her lips suggestively as she leaned forward, pressing her body firmly along the length of his.

Logan groaned loudly at the increased pressure on his straining erection. Fortunately, the sharp prick of teeth clamping down on hard muscle distracted him almost immediately. "Damn, darlin'," he growled in a tone that more than conveyed his approval.

Smiling against his skin, Marie lapped at the blood and angry red marks her teeth had made before shifting a little and repeating the process.

By then Logan was so hard that it was all he could do to breathe through the unbearable pressure on his groin. Preparing himself for the action first with a series of deep, if ragged, breaths, he lifted his hands to Marie's shoulders and pushed her back as he sat up. Closing his eyes tightly and clenching his jaw, Logan started to shrug out of the tight uniform.

Marie was quick to come to his aide, sliding her hands over the curve of his shoulders to push the garment aside even as she continued to nip and lick at his chest.

His shoulders and arms now free of the restrictive uniform, Logan dropped back down against the mattress, Marie once again moving with him. Thoroughly pleased with his lover's obvious enthusiasm, he let a feral grin dominate his features as he arched his back. The action lifted his hips completely off the mattress, baring most of Marie's weight as well while he pushed the uniform down just far enough to release his throbbing cock. Slowly Logan lowered them back to a prone position with a relieved sigh.

Assaulted instantly by the thick, musky scent of the pre-cum that was already seeping from the head of Logan's penis, Marie altered her course and made a beeline down the center of his body. Curling her fingers gently around the stiff rod, she slid her eyes lustfully up the hard lines on her lover's incredible body until she met his gaze. Locking her eyes on his, Marie once again offered him an erotic display with her tongue before swiping it across the slight cleft.

Logan moaned shamelessly, his hips jerking wildly at not only the sensation but at the look she was giving him as well. He'd never seen quite that degree of hunger in Marie's eyes before but he was praying that he'd be seeing it many more times to come.

Still watching Logan with passion filled eyes, Marie slowly circled her tongue around the pink head of his penis before enveloping it to suck hard.

Slamming his head back into the pillow, Logan hissed in a sharp breath between clenched teeth. "Ooooh … God, baby," he stammered as his hand worked its way into the hair at the back of her head. "Aww, Marie … darlin', you are soooo good..."

A swell of pride went through Rogue at his praise, prompting her to proceed with even more gusto. Working her tongue firmly back and forth along the underside of his rigid cock, Marie bobbed her head slowly up and down.

As Logan fought to maintain his breathing and minimize the rocking of his hips, he slid his hands down Marie's back. Gathering up the hem of her shirt within clenched fists, Logan drew the garment upward.

Marie was quick to work her arms out of the sleeves, then reluctantly released him so he could pull the shirt off over her head. Immediately she was back at it, running her tongue down the length of his penis before dragging it across his scrotum. Her hand began to stroke him slowly as she placed a tender kiss on each of his testicles before sucking one into her mouth.

Logan bucked hard against Marie's hand in reaction to her efforts. Sharp teeth biting lightly on one of his balls as the other was rolled firmly in the palm of her free hand. And all that in addition to the measured strokes of her other hand. It was a mind-blowing combination and was quickly pushing Logan towards an intense orgasm.

After a moment or two, Rogue switched around to pay equal attention to both balls. Before long she pulled back and smiled at the utter loss of control that had Logan withering and panting beneath her, his head rolling back and forth on the pillow as he bucked against her hand and bit hard on his bottom lip.

Continuing to stroke him firmly, Marie felt his body stiffen with impending release. She started to lean forward but she wasn't quick enough as a stream of hot, milky semen shot from the tip of Logan's cock onto his abdomen. Swiftly engulfing him with her mouth, Marie caught the rest of his load and devoured it hungrily. Lapping at the discharge, Marie maintained her stroking though it had calmed to a slow, gentle caress. Even at that, Logan continued to buck and moan, petting her hair as he repeated her name over and over in a breathless mantra.

Slowing to a stop, Rogue removed her hand and simply held him loosely in her mouth for a beat before releasing him completely. Staring up at him with dark, passion-filled eyes, she waited until he opened his eyes and met her gaze.

Meeting Marie's eyes with his own half-lidded ones, Logan gave her a slow grin. Marie smiled at him sweetly with that innocent tilt of her head that was such a sharp contrast to the amazingly adult ability she'd just displayed. Swallowing at the thought that was already threatening to make him hard again, he tasted the blood in his mouth from his ravaged lower lip. That was when he realized what the look from Marie was for. He was about to assure her that he was fine when Logan noticed the hungry look return to her eyes as they raked savagely down the length of his body. The look quickly cause a tightening in his chest that spread lower along the center line of his torso right to the point at the middle of his groin.

Logan felt his cock start to swell again and he closed his eyes to control the animalistic urges to possess and claim and conquer. He wanted nothing more than for this to continue all night, to be able to mark Marie as his own, his mate, *his* period, but there was a part buried deep inside of him that knew it wasn't the time -- they didn't have the time. Logan knew that it was time to start bringing things under control before someone, namely him, got hurt. That's what he was thinking anyway but before he could voice his concerns, he felt Marie's warm breath against his belly.

Opening his eyes and shifting them to meet his lover's gaze, Logan found Marie staring up at him with that heated, out-of-control cast to her eyes that he had passed to her over the course of their sessions with Jean. Shaking his head slowly at the thought that *he* was supposed to be the responsible one, he opened his mouth to speak but didn't get far.

Rogue waited until Logan's eyes were locked on hers before she shifted again. Licking her lips in anticipation, she dipped her head lower, dragging her tongue across the rippling musculature of Logan's abdomen.

"FUCK, Marie!" Logan practically screamed as she lapped at the cooling cum splattered across his stomach.

Pulling back a matter of inches, Marie licked her lips again as she gave Logan the hottest look he'd ever seen. "Mmmmmmm," she moaned in a long, drawn out breath. "Ya taste like sugah, sugah."

Inhaling a shaky breath and releasing it slowly, Logan opened his mouth to be the voice of reason but reason was lost completely as Marie returned to her hungry feeding. Pushing his head firmly back into the pillow behind him as she deliberately moved so that his penis was trapped in the valley between her breasts, Logan bit down harshly on his lip, once again drawing blood.

The enhanced senses she'd received from him alerted Marie to the smell of fresh blood immediately. Having completed her task anyway, she quickly shifted her position until she was sitting on Logan's lower abdomen, his growing erection nuzzling the curve of his ass as her tongue went to work again, this time lapping at the blood on his lip and chin.

Logan moaned at the action, opening his mouth as Marie's tongue demanded entrance. He could taste his own salty flavor on her lips and tongue as she ran the latter between his bottom lip and teeth where the blood was still fresh. Knowing he needed to gain the upper hand, Logan shifted his hands to cup her full, heavy breasts as the kiss continued.

Moaning loudly into Logan's mouth at the feel of his large, rough fingers curling around her breasts, Marie arched her back to force more contact as she broke the kiss.

Grinning at the reaction and knowing that he was quickly gaining the control he needed, Logan reversed their positions in one quick movement. Straddling Marie's thighs, his now major erection throbbing against the thin cotton material of the pants covering her mound, he kissed her just below her bottom lip then moved on, sweeping down her neck then even further until his face was nestled between her breasts.

"Logan," Marie started, only to be cut off as he filled his mouth with as much as flesh as possible. "Aww…" she sighed in response, arching her back off the mattress, demanding more contact.

Now that Logan had her attention, it was time to bring himself back under control as well. It was a tough battle but one he knew he couldn't afford to lose. With a final flick of his tongue across a tautly pebbled nipple, Logan pulled back with a breathless sigh.

Marie whimpered in protest at the absence of stimuli and met Logan's gaze with pleading eyes.

"Darlin', you didn't set the timer," Logan informed her shakily as he continued to battle the animal inside of him. "How much time do we have, Marie?"

Fighting to catch her breath as well, Marie gave him an almost shy smile. "We got plenty a time, Logan," she assured him in a seductive whisper.

Shaking his head, Logan's mind fought with the rest of his anatomy. He knew it had been well over five minutes but he had no idea exactly how long it had been or how much time was remaining. Releasing a low growl of frustration, he closed his eyes and bared his teeth.

"Trust me, Logan," came Marie's quiet whisper. "We got plenty a time."

His eyes snapping open in response to the pleading tone of her voice, Logan met her gaze and clearly saw what he had heard -- a need for trust. Knowing, without a doubt that Marie would never hurt him or put him into a situation where he might be hurt, he gave her a curt nod before returning his mouth to her chest. Trust wasn't something that Logan had ever been good at but with Marie it was almost easy, still there was a part of him that nagged that what he was doing was stupid and reckless, but then he got that a lot.

Her fingers sliding through the thick, luxurious hair at the back of Logan's head, Marie held him in place as he suckled at her breast, his tongue laving her nipple as his teeth nipped at her flesh. Through it all, Marie was thoroughly aware of the throbbing of Logan's cock as it matched the pulse in her groin.

"Logan," she began in a ragged tone followed quickly by a loud moan.

Not at all unaware of Marie's obvious state of arousal, Logan moved swiftly and with a throaty growl jerked down her pants and underwear in one smooth movement. The beast within reared his head at the thick scent of Marie's wetness. Inhaling deeply, his eyes closing in bliss, Logan's hands teased slowly up the sides of her legs back to her waist.

Giving Marie a feral grin, Logan shifted his position again, returning to his former place straddling her thighs. Five minutes had been long enough before and while he didn't really know how much time he had, he was determined to enjoy every second. Leaning forward again, he and Marie both gasped as his penis settled against her mound. After only a moment's hesitation, Logan resumes his attack on her breasts. He wanted to feel her skin beneath him, feel their pulses beating in time even if he couldn't fully possess her yet.

As he continued his ministrations, Marie became less able to articulate what she wanted until there was only one thing she could think of. Forcing a shaky hand between them, she pressed her hand against his erection, pushing it firmly against her folds as she stroked him with the flat of her palm.

Logan jerked wildly at the touch, his movement rubbing his rigid cock against Marie's clit. Again they moaned in unison both nearly lost in the sensation before Logan pulled away sharply, stumbling to his feet off the end of the mattress.

Marie started at him in shock as he stood, slightly crouched, at the foot of the bed, his mouth open as he panted for breath, his nostrils flaring and his eyes wide and wild. "Logan?"

Staring at her for a long moment, Logan wanted nothing more than to resume his position atop her and take her like the animal that he was. After a moment, the urge was becoming more than he could stand so he turned sharply to face the opposite direction. "I … I can't control it when you do that, Marie," he said, the gruff, throaty tone coming out harsher than he would have liked.

"Ya don' gotta control it, Logan," Marie insisted softly as she rose from the bed and moved to stand behind him.

Shaking his head violently, Logan turned, an obviously pained expression dominating his features. "I told you, darlin', I'm not gonna make love to you by a fucking time clock."

Taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly, Marie took another step forward, running her hands up Logan's chest, over the curve of his shoulders then up the length of his neck before twining her fingers together in his hair. "Ya don' have t', Logan."

"Marie," he began sharply before her words completely registered. "What?"

A small, secretive smile pulled at the corners of the young woman's mouth as she looked up at her lover. "Ya don' gotta make love t' me by a fuckin' clock, sugah," she returned, using his own words teasingly.

Confused but thoroughly excited by the implications of what Marie was saying, Logan shook his head as though to clear it. "What are you sayin', darlin'?"

"Ah'm sayin' we got the time, Logan," Marie replied sweetly, a happiness to her tone that spoke volumes.

Logan could feel the grin spread across his face as he stared down at this lover. His hands moving up to her waist, her pulled her closer as his left eyebrow quirk up in a high arch. "How much time, Marie?"

Grinning herself, Marie made a big show of pretending to think about it before once again meeting Logan's gaze. "At least twenty-four hours."

Blinking in response to her reply, Logan shook his head firmly. "I must've heard ya wrong, darlin'," he decided after a moment, snorting at his overactive imagination and libido. "I thought you said twenty-four hours."

"At least," she amended sweetly. "Jean an' Ah got tired after that."

"T … twen … twent … y…"

Nodding as she tried to keep from laughing at Logan's stuttering response, Marie helped him out. "Twenty-four, sugah, c'mon, ya can say it."

It was almost more than Logan could wrap his lustful mind around. Closing his eyes, he repeated it a couple hundred times in his head before opening his eyes to meet Marie's highly amused gaze. "Twenty … fucking … four … hours?" he asked incredulously.

Giggling softly, Marie nodded seductively. "Ah like the sound a that, Logan."

Rolling his neck and producing a series of loud cracks as he loosened tight muscles, Logan's animal side clawed its way to the surface. With a feral grin and a low, throaty growl, he reached down, grabbing Marie's ass and dragging her up the length of his body.

Wrapping her legs around Logan's waist, Rogue tightened her hold on his neck as she leaned down to claim his lips once again.

Logan returned the kiss hungrily as he moved back toward the bed, settling himself on his knees before bending forward to deposit Marie on the rumpled covers. As the kiss continued, he slowly skimmed a hand along the outside of her left thigh, up to her hip, before sliding it across her smooth, flat belly to rest over the neatly tended patch of hair at the junction of her thighs. Despite the fact that Logan could quite clearly smell her arousal and it was more overpowering than ever, he still slipped his thumb down into her folds to be sure. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her.

Marie gasped and bucked at the contact, her eyes fluttering closed as she anticipated the culmination of all her hopes and dreams. She hissed in a sharp breath then moaned as Logan used her own juices to slick his cock.

"Relax, darlin'," Logan's trembling voice whispered as he positioned himself to finally claim Marie as his own.

Doing her best to follow his advice, Marie took slow deep breaths as she waited to finally feel her lover inside her. She licked her lips, biting lightly at the full, bottom portion as she felt the thick head of Logan's penis at her opening. Marie inhaled deeply then held the breath as she waited … and waited … and waited.

Opening her eyes to see what Logan was waiting for Rogue was greatly surprised by what she saw. Logan was frozen in place, eyes closed, still positioned at her opening, his cock held tightly in his trembling hand. In fact the only movement he was making aside from the shallow rise and fall of his chest, was the firm shaking of his head.

Not knowing what to make of the situation, Marie dragged in a shaky breath and swallowed past a suddenly dry throat. "Logan?"

The needy and thoroughly confused sound of his lover's voice tore at his heart. All Logan could do was shake his head harder as he clenched his teeth painfully. {What the fuck is wrong with me} From the first moment he'd seen Marie, this was *exactly* where he wanted to be, positioned to slid into her and make her his own and yet here he was and he couldn't move, he couldn't… "I can't, Marie," he whispered softly as he pulled back to sit on his heels.

A myriad of emotions swarmed through Rogue until she didn't know up from down. Several times she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out, she didn't have a clue what to say, she didn't have a clue what was happening. Tears came in a rush, flooding her eyes as she tried to comprehend just what it was that Logan couldn't do. Surely he was *NOT* saying that he couldn't make love to her.

"I'm sorry, darlin', I can't do this," Logan continued, destroying her belief in her last thought. "Not like this."

Frustration, anger, rejection -- they all vied from dominance over Marie's emotions as she tired to process what was happening. In the end it was a mixture of the first two that won out, anger winning the dominant spot by a slim margin. "What the *FUCK* d'ya mean, ‘not like this', Logan?" she demanded as she rose to her knee in front of him. "Not like *WHAT*?!"

Somewhat taken aback by her tone and demeanor despite the fact that he shouldn't have been, Logan dropped his head and exhaled heavily. Upon raising his head a moment later, he met Marie's gaze squarely and his heart tightened at the hurt and bewildered expression on her face. "I'm sorry, darlin', I just want our first time to be perfect," he returned softly. "I want the first time we make love to be special."

"This *IS* special, Logan," Marie insisted sharply. "It's special ‘cause it's our first time."

Moving forward slightly, Logan lifted his hands to rest lightly on Marie's shoulders, hoping that she wouldn't pull away. At least for the moment his luck held and he slowly tightened his grip. "Baby, the first time we make love, I want you to be completely mine, heart and soul…"

Throwing her head back in frustration, Marie growled loudly. "Ah am yers completely, Logan," she interrupted crisply, "heart and soul."

"And name," Logan concluded once she had fallen silent again.

It took a moment for his softly spoken words to sink in. Marie blinked repeatedly as she processed what he meant by that. "Name?" she questioned finally, shaking her head in confusion.

Taking a deep, ragged breath, Logan nodded. "Yes, Marie, name. Darlin', I don't want to spoil you, I want you to be… Baby, you should be…"

"What're ya tryin' t' say, Logan?" Marie questioned tightly, her brow furrowed with insecurity.

Swallowing past an extremely dry mouth, Logan released a heavy sigh. "Marie, I think you should save it for your wedding night."

Running her fingers through the front of her hair, Marie shook her head even as she cradled it in her hands. "Mah weddin' night?!" she retorted sharply. "It ain't like Ah'm gettin' married anytime soon, Logan."

"Do ya wanna," he asked softly.

With an exasperated sigh, Marie threw her hands in the air. "Of course Ah wanna but ya won't cause ya think Ah should save it fer mah weddin' night!"

Logan combed his fingers through his wild hair and growled low in his throat. "I mean do you wanna get married," he snapped in frustration.

Marie was all set to tear into him again but stopped abruptly as his words registered. Or rather when some words registered, she was pretty sure that she must have heard him wrong. "What?" she questioned.

His lover's momentary pause gave Logan time to recover his composure and take a series of deep breaths. As a result, when he spoke this time he was much calmer, speaking slowly and concisely. "Do you wanna get married?"

Shaking her head, Marie stared at him blankly, blinking her eyes at even intervals. She was silent, unmoving for a long time save for her blinking. After several minutes, she tilted her head slightly then opened her mouth to speak only to close it again seconds later without making a sound. Marie froze again for another moment before tilting her head in the opposite direction and drawing her brows together in confusion. "What?" she asked again.

Okay, so that wasn't exactly the way Logan had rehearsed asking Marie to marry him and like everything else with her, he had wanted it to be perfect. Shifting off the bed, he walked around to the nightstand that he used and opened the drawer, pulling out an object he'd hidden within. Moving back to where Marie was now sitting at the foot of the bed, watching him in silent shock, Logan stopped and dropped to one knee.

Unsure of what exactly was going on, Marie watched him with wide eyes as he retrieved something from the bedside table. Starting to ask what he was doing, her question died in her throat, unspoken as he knelt down beside her.

Fighting the urge to be sick, Logan remained unmoving as he fought to regulate his breathing and gather his nerve. Finally with a sharp exhale he forged forward. "This isn't how I wanted to do this either, Marie," he began in a hoarse, dry whisper. Clearing his throat, Logan continued slowly. "I hope you know how I feel about you but just in case you don't, I love you with everything inside me, darlin'. From the first moment that I laid eyes on you, you were all I wanted -- all I could think about. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, baby. Marie … will you marry me?" As he concluded his short speech, he revealed the object he'd kept hidden in his hand.

Opening her mouth to respond to what she'd *thought* she'd heard, Marie found herself speechless again as she stared at the large diamond ring that Logan was offering her. Her entire body trembling with emotion, she quickly raised a hand to her mouth to cover the gasp that the sight of the ring produced. "Oh mah Gawd," was her muffled reply.

Logan didn't make a sound, just knelt there trying to breathe as his world threatened to crumble down around him.

"Oh, Logan," Marie sobbed as the tears began to fall and her hand finally fell away from her face. "Ah…"

Still in shock over everything that had happened in the last few minutes, Rogue shook her head and wiped at the tears streaking down her cheeks. "Ah love ya so much, Logan," she finally managed with a weak smile. "Ah'd love t' be yer wife. Are ya sure it's what ya want though?"

Closing his eyes against the tide of emotion tearing through him at his lover's words, Logan quickly snapped them open at her soft question. "Darlin', I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you so yes, it's what I really want."

With a huge smile, Marie sprang forward and wrapped her arms around Logan's neck, drawing him into a firm embrace. "Ah can't believe this, Logan," she chattered excitedly. "Ah can't wait t' be yer wife."

His hands stroking slowly down her naked back, Logan pressed his face into the crook of her shoulder and neck, kissing her tenderly before pulling back to whisper against her skin. "What do you say we don't wait too long?"

"Ya jus' name the day, sugah," Marie returned quickly, pulling back enough to look at his face.

A slow grin began to play at the corners of Logan's mouth. "How's next Saturday work for you?" he asked with an arched brow.

Marie's eyes widened in surprise, she hadn't expected anything so soon though she wasn't complaining. Pulling her bottom lip between her teeth, she chewed lightly as she considered whether or not she could prepare a wedding that quickly. Deciding she could with the right help, Marie tilted her head at her new fiancé, "Ya mean it?" she asked just to be sure he wasn't kidding.

Logan snorted loudly, "Hell yes, I mean it! Darlin', I don't think I can wait much longer than that and I think we should have something small anyway. What do you think?"

"Ah think Ah love ya more ever' minute," Marie said softly with a sweet smile. "Next Saturday it is then, Logan, and yeah, somethin' small sounds good. Jus' our friends an' family here at the mansion."

Nodding Logan leaned in to kiss her briefly on the lips before pulling back and taking her left hand in his. Ever so slowly he slid the diamond engagement ring on Marie's finger before kissing the back of her hand tenderly. "I love you, Marie, and I can't wait to have you as my wife."

Grinning even as tears trickled from her eyes again, Marie returned just as quietly. "Ah love ya too, Logan, more 'an anythin' an' Ah can't wait t' be yer wife."

"Good," he growled lightly as his still aroused body demanded attention.

Sensing his sexual frustration, as it mirrored her own, Marie reached out and scored her fingernails lightly down Logan's side, earning a rumbling growl in response to the action. Meeting her soon to be husband's gaze with heated eyes, she chewed on her lip before dragging her tongue across it erotically.

Releasing another growl at the sight of her tongue, Logan closed his eyes to try and reign in his control. It was going to be hard enough to restrain himself for a week knowing that he and Marie could finally make love, it would be impossible if they continued on the way they had been for the last several months. "Marie," he began tightly, groaning loudly as her fingers followed the line of his pelvis. "Darlin', ya gotta stop."

"Why?" she asked innocently as her fingers combed through the thick hair below his belly button.

It took every ounce of control Logan had but he managed to pull away from her and get to his feet. "Baby, I don't think I can stop myself from taking you anymore, not knowing that I really can."

Shaking her head slowly, Marie rose from the bed to stand before him. "Logan, ya don' gotta stop it. Ah mean we are gonna be married in a week so what's the difference?"

"Marie, I don't know how to explain it but I know that it's right to wait. You should… I think you should be… I want our first time to be after the wedding, darlin', okay? I … it's important to me," Logan stammered nervously, trying to explain his feelings.

Releasing a frustrated sigh, Marie shook her head again more forcefully. "Ah've gotta be the most experience virgin in the history o' the world, Logan." A deep breath helped to calm her and she realized how sweet and very rare it was for a man to want that for the woman he loved, doubly so if the man was Logan. "Okay, sugah, if it's so impor'ant t' ya, we'll wait."

"Thank you, darlin'," he returned, lifting a hand to her face in a tender caress. "Now I'm gonna go take a cold shower before I explode." With that, Logan turned quickly, practically bolting for the bathroom door.

Marie watched him go with a growing smile then once he was out of sight turned her attention to the ring on her finger. It was so much more than she ever expected and quite simply the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. Suddenly, it was all more than she could take and Marie just had to share the news with someone before she exploded.

Moving to the closet she pulled out her robe and quickly wrapped it around her nude body before tying to belt around her waist. Marie then left the room at a swift clip heading for the dorm room that Kitty and Jubilee shared. As she reached the door however her enhanced hearing tipped her off to the fact that the girls, or at least Jubilee, wasn't alone. Figuring it was a safe bet that Kitty was taking John's place in the room he shared with Bobby, Marie shifted directions and changed her plan of attack.

It was a short walk to Storm's door and she was happy that the room appeared quiet. Marie knocked slowly then waited impatiently for an answer. After a moment she knocked again, louder this time but got the same response. Finally frustrated with that, Marie simply opened the room and stepped inside.

"'Ro?" she called softly into the silent, darkened room. "Wake up, 'Ro, I gotta tell ya somethin'."

When she received no response to the calls, Rogue, knowing that the Goddess of the weather was a very light sleeper, turned the light on to find the neatly made bed unoccupied. "Damn," she swore sharply, "isn't there anyone around here I can tell mah news?!"

Frustration was setting in when she realized that there were two people she just had to share the news with. Changing directions again, Marie charged down the hallway excitedly and burst through the door to the room the mansion's newlyweds shared. She was greatly pleased to see that Jean was up and while Scott wasn't anywhere to be seen, Marie went ahead and launched into her happy announcement.

"Oh mah Gawd, Jean," she shouted excitedly, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she walked toward the bed where the older woman was sitting. "Ya're never gonna guess wha' jus' happened!"

Jean Grey-Summers blinked in surprise at the young woman before her, her prior task almost completely forgotten as she considered what could have Rogue so ecstatic. The excitement roiling off her friend was infectious and she smiled widely, shaking her head in wonder. "What happened?"

Across the room, thankfully having been behind the door when Rogue stormed in, Scott Summers was struggling against the invisible hold Jean was maintaining on him without conscious thought. Having been in the middle of a little playful fun with his wife, the leader of the X-Men was now pinned helplessly to the wall -- buck-naked.

Trying not to make any sort of noise that might attract Rogue's attention, Scott reached out with his "mental" voice. {{Jean}}

{{In a minute, Scott}} she returned hastily as her mind worked to figure out Rogue's news. With a knowing grin, Jean wiggled her brows lightly and giggled. "Well considering your attire and the wonderful glow in your complexion, I'd say that you and Logan did a little … celebrating."

Now this was just getting to be too much for Scott. Being pinned against the wall, naked was one thing but then to have to listen to the details of Logan and Rogue's sex life -- that was just too much. {{Jean, please let me go}}

Just as the redhead glanced up at her husband and started to release him, she was once again distracted by the younger woman. "Well we were but Logan stopped it," Marie began to explain animatedly.

"What do you mean?" Jean wanted to know, totally engrossed in the idea that Logan *stopped* sex! It was almost inconceivable.

Bouncing lightly on the bed, Marie continued happily. "It was gonna happen, he was right there but he jus' stopped. Ah couldn't believe it!"

{{Jean}}

{{Hang on, honey}}

"So he told me that he couldn't," the teen went on, oblivious to the mental "conversation" taking place between husband and wife. "Ah didn't understand at'all an' then he tol' me that he thought Ah should save it fer mah weddin' night. Can ya believe it? How sweet is that?"

Praying to the God of naked mutants, Scott Summers changed his tone with his wife. {{Jean, let me go, god damn it}}

"Oh, Rogue, that's very sweet," Jean responded in awe, ignoring Scott's command as she focused solely on her friend.

"An' that ain't the half a it, Jeannie," Rogue informed her. "He asked me t' marry 'im!"

The older woman squealed right along with the teen at the news. "Oh, sweetie, that's so wonderful, congratulations."

{{Jean!}}

"Ah still can't believe it," Marie cooed happily.

{{Jean!!}}

Pulling her young friend into her arms, Jean gave her a warm hug. "I'm so happy for you, Rogue."

{{JEAN!!}}

"Scott, will you just wait a minute?!" she retorted sharply, loudly, and quite verbally.

Glancing over her shoulder, hoping to share the news with Scott as well, Rogue's eyes widened at the unobstructed view of the leader of the X-Men. Let's just say that if she wasn't so in love with Logan and Scott wasn't married to Jean -- well Rogue would have been tempted! The hard lines of his muscular body were not unlike Logan's and while she knew she should just stop right there, she couldn't keep her eyes from drinking in the whole picture -- and what a picture it was too.

Jean's eyes widened as well and she tried to keep from laughing at the situation. {{Oh God, honey, I'm sorry}} she apologized mentally as she released her telekinetic hold on him.

Blushing fiercely, Scott Summers mustered up as much dignity as was possible, covered himself with his hands and moved as proudly as ever toward the bathroom door. {{You so owe me for this}}

As soon as the door was closed behind Scott, Jean and Rogue turned to each other and burst out laughing.

"Oh mah Gawd! Ya're a lucky woman, Jeannie," Marie giggled, unable to stop the entirely inappropriate comment from falling from her lips.

Jean only laughed harder. "Yes I am!" she agreed with an air of pride.

Shaking her head, Rogue held her aching sides. "The poor guy," she muttered quietly. "Ah mean how embarrassin'."

"Don't worry, Rogue," Jean began after clearing her throat, "I'll make it up to him later."

Marie laughed loudly as the older woman winked suggestively at her. "Ah'm sure ya will, Jean, an' since Ah'm in the way of ya completin' that task, Ah better go. Ah really am sorry t' interrupt, Ah jus' had t' share the news."

Rising from the bed, Rogue started toward the door, stopping just short to turn and face the doctor who had made it all possible. "Ah's hopin' that ya'd agree t' be part a the weddin' party."

Smiling sweetly Jean nodded. "I'd be honored, Rogue."

"Good," the teen returned happily. "Ah'll talk t' ya t'morrow t' start makin' plans. And Ah promise," Marie continued with a grin, "next time Ah'll knock."

Laughing lightly, Jean watched as the young woman left the room before her eyes drifted to the door of the bathroom. Trying not to laugh, she called out to her husband. "Scott, honey, I'm sorry."

It was a minute before the door opened and a perturbed looking Scott, clad in a towel, peeked his head out.

"It's okay, sweetheart," Jean continued lightly, she's gone.

Looking around himself just to make sure, Scott finally entered the room proper. "It's not funny, Jean!"

In fact to her it was and there was no stopping the loud laughter that slipped past her lips as she stared at the indignant face of her husband.


4

Logan released another low growl. Spending an hour going through catalogues looking at bride's maid dresses was not how he wanted to spend his Saturday afternoon. Especially considering the Canadian Rockies were playing in the quarterfinals.

"Ah still like this one the best," Marie told him, shuffling the magazines around to show him a particular dress. "Wha' d'ya think?"

With a shrug of his broad shoulders, which produced a loud series of cracks from his tensed spine, Logan shook his head. "Whatever you want, darlin'."

Marie's eyebrows rose sharply in frustration at his lack of productive input. "What Ah *want*, Logan," she began in a bitingly crisp tone, "is a little help here. We only got a week, ya know?"

A loud growl indicated his own frustration at the growing ordeal of planning what was supposed to be a small and simply ceremony. His nostrils flaring with the effort to remain calm, Logan spoke through clenched teeth. "This is your wedding, Marie, choose what you want," he told her, his tone harsher than he would have like. "Frankly I don't give a shit what anyone wears!"

Taken aback by his words and tone, Marie could only stare, open-mouthed, at her fiancé, her lips trembling slightly with emotion.

"Shit!" Logan swore loudly before his tone and expression finally softened. "I'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean to snap."

Marie continued to look at him for a moment in shock before she was able to speak. "Ya know, this ain't jus' *mah* weddin', Logan, it's *ours*. Ya're the one who wanted t' get married in the first place, awl Ah wan' is a little input!" Her voice had grown louder and sharper with each word she spoke.

"What're you sayin', Marie?" Logan demanded roughly. "You don't wanna get married?"

"No, that ain't what Ah'm sayin'," she assured him, her voice still raised in anger. "Ah jus' wanna little help."

Logan's lips pursed into a perturbed line and he couldn't keep the bite out of his tone as he responded. "Fine, you want help, I'll help! If that's the dress you like the best," he snarled gruffly, stabbing his finger roughly into the catalogue, "then that's the one I like the best! Let's go with that one!"

"Fine!" Marie returned sharply. "Ah'll jus' get the girls' sizes an' order four a them."

"Four?!" Logan shouted incredulously. "What the *fuck* do you need four of 'em for?"

Her frustration quickly turning to anger, fueled by the high degree of Wolverine's personality still rattling around in her mind, Marie shook her head soundly. "One fer each a the *fuckin'* bride's maids, Logan. What the *hell* d'ya think?"

Bringing himself back to some semblance of control at her outburst, he took a deep breath and released it slowly. Even at that it was closer to a growl than a sigh. "I thought we were gonna do something small," Logan reminded her in a more civilized tone.

Guilty over the fact that they had agreed to a small ceremony, Marie also calmed considerably. "Ah know … but Ah had t' have Jean ‘cause Ah's in her weddin', not t' mention ever'thin' else she's done fer us. An' Ah also wanna have Ororo, an' Kitty an' Jubilee are mah best friends."

"Jesus Christ, *Jubilee*!" Logan exclaimed loudly. "How the hell are you gonna manage to get her to shut up long enough for us to say two words?"

Marie just rolled her eyes. "She ain't that bad, Logan," she insisted crisply. "Sides, she's always there fer me when Ah need a friend."

Logan snorted loudly. "Yeah, when she ain't at the goddamn mall." The pleading look in Marie's eyes went a long way in bringing him to acceptance. "Okay, darlin'. I want this wedding to be everything you want it to be."

"It will be, sugah," Marie assured him, raising a hand to rest lightly against his cheek. "Cause the most important thin' is that when it's over, Ah'll be yer wife."

A loving smile spread across Logan's features, a playfully seductive glint in his eyes. "That's all I want, Marie," he told her. "Then you'll finally be mine -- completely and totally."

Marie wanted to smile and cry all at the same time but settled instead to chewing lightly on her lower lip. "Ah'm already yers, Logan," she assured him, leaning in to press a soft kiss again his lips. Pulling back, her mouth curled into a seductively sexy grin. "Ya wanna know wha' Ah'm lookin' forward t' the most?"

Logan's eyes narrowed in mock consideration. "Controlling interest in my fortune?" he teased, lifting his left eyebrow questioningly.

"Um …" she paused as though considering that before continuing, "no. Mostly Ah'm looking forward t' the weddin' night," Marie stated coyly, dropping a hand onto Logan's upper thigh and squeezing firmly.

"Marie," he practically shouted, his breathing becoming immediately harsh and ragged.

"What's wrong, sugah?" she asked sweetly, feigning innocence. She wasn't above torturing him a little for insisting that they wait to take the final step in their relationship until they were married. Granted Marie thought it was very sweet and romantic of him, wanting her to be a virgin on her wedding night. Still, it was frustrating to finally be able to control her gift and yet not be able to do the one thing she wanted most. Watching his face carefully, Marie let her fingers dance suggestive on his thigh.

With each action deliberate and his eyes closed in concentration, Logan picked up her hand in his and moved it off his leg. "You're killin' me here, darlin'."

A playful wink sufficed for a response from Marie.

The sudden appearance of a smirk on Logan's face left Marie a little unsettled. "Well, darlin', you just remember this moment the mornin' after the wedding cause by the time I'm through with you, you won't be walking for a while."

"Promise?" she teased with a degree of seriousness to her tone that was thickly genuine.

"Oh yeah," Logan assured her with a nod and soft groan. "Yeah, I promise."

"So," Marie started smoothly, changing the subject before things got out of hand. It was hard on both of them to wait and it was getting harder every day. "Ya ain't tol' me yet who'll be standin' up with ya."

"Standing up with me?" Logan demanded, a scowl quickly souring his ruggedly handsome features.

"Logan, ya gotta at least have someone t' hold the ring," Marie returned firmly.

Movement in the doorway of the common room they occupied caught Marie's eye and she looked up to find Scott Summers standing there.

"I don't see why," Logan responded to her statement just before noticing her distraction. Turning slightly, he saw what, or rather who, she was looking at. Almost immediately Logan felt Marie's eyes on him and he shifted his own gaze to meet hers. He bristled visibly at the pleading look in her eyes and with a growl he started shaking his head vehemently. "No way, Marie."

"Ya need someone, Logan," Rogue insisted firmly, casting a second look at the man across the room and trying not to picture him naked. Her eyes were instantly drawn to the three long gashes across his bicep, which were visible thanks to the muscle T-shirt he was wearing. "Ah did stab ‘im on his weddin' day. An' he did cut his own honeymoon short fer us…"

Logan snorted loudly, his mouth falling open in disbelief. "You want me to ask One-Eye to be my best man?" he demanded in a low, whispered growl. That was the only way to keep from shouting.

Marie watched as Scott moved back into the hallway before looking again at Logan and tilting her head in that special way women have. "No, Ah want ya t' ask ‘im t' hold the ring fer ya," she clarified -- it was all in the wording. "There is a difference, Logan."

"Not much!" he retorted gruffly, blowing out a heavy breath through his nose. In the next instant Logan got a glimpse of his life -- at least how it would be for the foreseeable future. The disappointed and dejected expression on Marie's face said more than words ever could. He had to admit that she was already a pro in the field, his guilt could attest to that.

"Dammit, Marie," he snapped lightly, "you're gonna owe me big for this one."

Making a big show of licking her lips in a slow, deliberate manner, Marie lifted her brows several times in quick succession. "Ah'm sure Ah'll come up with some way t' repay ya, sugah."

A very loud groan escaped Logan's throat at the obvious suggestion. His chest jerking unevenly with each inhale, he worked to keep his body under control. "So we're through here, right?" he asked gruffly, gesturing at the various catalogues and magazines they'd been going through.

Rogue had barely started to nod her head when she was pulled from her seat into Logan's arms. She gasped softly at the sudden movement while a lustful grin overtook her features as he quickly carried her out the door and up the stairs.

As soon as Logan closed the bedroom door behind them, Marie wiggled out of his arms then slammed him back roughly against the door. Stalking forward with a hungry expression, she reached out with naked hands and ripped the front of his shirt open, sending buttons flying in every direction.

Seductively licking her lips, she looked up at him from beneath her lashes as she leaned in, her tongue sliding out to glide erotically across his collarbone. The rumbling growl that rolled up from Logan's chest spurred her on. Marie continued her assault, licking, kissing and biting her way around the amazing torso before her. Even as she continued her oral onslaught, her hands skimmed his skin just above the waistband of his jeans, her fingers working at the closures.

Banging his head back against the hardwood door, Logan closed his eyes as a smooth, naked hand slipped into the front of his jeans and teased up and down the length of his hardening erection. His breathing already ragged, Logan hissed in a sharp breath as Marie's thumb played across the tip of his cock. "Oh, God, baby…"

With a lustful grin against his skin, Rogue's mouth traveled lower, moving agonizingly slowly toward her hand. Dropping to her knees, she looked up to see Logan's eyes opened, looking down at her with more love in the hazel orbs than she felt she deserved. Her gaze locked on his, Marie worked his jeans off then let her eyes glide slowly down the length of his incredible body.

Wetting her lips in a shamefully erotic fashion, she puckered them like she was going to kiss him. Leaning in she placed the kiss on the top of his penis at the base of his erection then from there slowly dragged her lips up his length before enveloping his head.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk," Logan hissed at the mind-blowing sensation.

Rolling her tongue around the tip of his cock, Marie looked up at him again and smiled around her full mouth. Releasing him with an audible ‘pop', she repeated the process on the underside of his penis, starting just beneath the head and working downward to the base. Once there, Rogue kissed each of his balls before zigzagging her tongue back and forth along the path her lips had recently forged.

By then Logan couldn't take standing anymore. Grabbing Marie by the shoulders, he forced her back as he knelt down in front of her. With a low, seductive growl, he gathered the hem of her dress in his hands and drew it up over her head, tossing it aside without a care. Before Marie knew it, she was as naked as Logan and wondering if he'd changed his mind about waiting.

"Logan?" she began to question him. Anything else she was going to say was lost as she was pulled forcefully against his body, skin against skin, his throbbing erection bobbing against her belly as Logan leaned down and covered Marie's mouth with his own.

Hungrily meeting the kiss, Rogue quickly opened her mouth beneath Logan's and started a feisty duel between their tongues. Pressing herself tighter to the warm, hardness in front of her, she let her hands slid up and down the length of his muscular back, her fingernails scoring his flesh lightly. Marie sighed at the aroused growled that passed from his mouth to hers and dug her nails in a little deeper.

There was *no* way that Logan was going to be able to control himself much longer in that position with Marie raking her nails down his back. The smell of her increasing arousal was threatening to overwhelm him, making his cock throb harder where it pressed against her, *demanding* some attention. It was so close … so *VERY* close to the warm home that it so desired, it would be *so* easy to just lay her down and claim her but Logan would be damned if he was going to do that. It was what he wanted more than anything -- to be able to make love to the incredible woman in his arms -- but he wanted it to be right too. He wanted to make an honest woman of Marie and he wanted to take her for the first time as his wife.

Breaking the kiss reluctantly and pulling back with a harsh growl, Logan quickly lowered himself to the floor, shifting his position around until his head was settled a few inches from Marie's knees.

Arching a questioning brow at him, she couldn't help but smile at the mischievous look that he gave her. With a soft snort, Marie shook her head, smiling all along. "What're ya doin', Logan?" she asked in a light, humorous tone.

Logan grinned up at her wolfishly as he raised his arms over his head to curl one hand around behind each thigh.

Marie's eyes widened and her brows raised high with surprise as he pulled on her legs. In order to keep her balance she was forced to move forward, spreading her knees apart as she did so to give herself a broader base. "Logan!" she started in a scolding tone, not realizing just what he was doing until she felt the first hungry touch of his tongue across her slick folds. "Awwwww… Logan!"

Growling in appreciation, Logan fed on her like a starving man. After a moment, his hands released her trembling legs and moved to more useful positions, spreading her open and assisting him with his mission.

So thoroughly enthralled with the sensations swarming through her at Logan's ministrations, it was all Marie could do to force her eyes open. As she did so, she noticed the weeping organ twitching lightly against Logan's abdomen and smiled. Leaning forward she dropped her weight to her hands to further support her body and found herself within easy reach. Dropping her head just a little more allowed her to press a firm kiss to the middle of the rigid stalk, effectively pinning it between her lips and his body.

Dragging in a long, ragged breath at the feel of Marie's hot mouth on his penis, Logan growled producing a vibration that made her gasp. They each had to stop to regain their senses but it wasn't long before Logan was back at it.

Hoping to share the high degree of the pleasure that she was feeling, Marie was quick to return the attention. Snaking her tongue out between swollen lips, she ran it firmly up and down the impressive length of Logan's erection several times before enveloping the head. She grinned lightly as he shuddered beneath her then hissed in a breath as his tongue brushed her clit.

Each of them continued their efforts on the other as they both tried to concentrate on what they were doing through the magnificent bliss. Marie climaxed several times, thanks to Logan's talent and stamina before she managed to bring him to orgasm. As he slammed his hips upward with release, Logan pulled Marie down firmly against his mouth to muffle the scream that surely would have sounded throughout the mansion. With that action, he managed to push her over one more time, taking her with him to the land of ecstasy.

Collapsing forward, Marie rested atop Logan's heaving chest for a moment before she rolled off. She didn't get far however before he grabbed her, pulled her around and into his arms. "Jesus, darlin', that was … that was amazing!"

With a satiated smile, Marie nodded weakly, her hair spilling across his chest from where her head rested. "It sure was, sugah," she agreed in a dreamy tone.


By the time Logan made it back downstairs, the hockey game was half over and the TV room was pretty much filled to capacity. In fact, about the only chair open -- and halfway decent as far as view went -- wasn't exactly savory for an entirely different reason.

With a muttered curse and a low growl, Logan moved across the room and slumped into the seat.

Scott Summers turned his head slightly to regard the older man. He wasn't the least bit surprised when Logan ignored him.

That went on throughout the game and Scott knew it was more than just Logan's obsession with hockey. The young man had hoped that once things settled down and Jean started working with Rogue again, that maybe, just maybe he and Logan could at least be civil. Apparently that wasn't going to happen and Scott was sorrier about that than he would have thought possible.

As time ran out on the game clock and the room started to quickly empty, Scott was incredibly surprised that Logan wasn't the first to bolt. In fact, the Canadian remained in his seat quietly even after the last kid left, leaving the two X-Men alone.

Suddenly the fearless leader developed an unsettling case of nerves. It didn't help matters when he turned his head slightly and found Logan's intense hazel eyes staring at him -- well glaring was more like it really.

Swallowing past a suddenly dry throat, Scott held the look for a moment before taking the opportunity that Logan was presenting him to open a dialogue. "So…" Scott had to pause to clear his throat as it cracked on the first word. "How goes the wedding planning?"

Crossing his arms defensively over his chest and cracking his neck with a sharp movement, first to the left, then to the right, Logan shrugged. "It's going," he returned gruffly. "Didn't expect it to be such a big deal."

Scott couldn't stop the smile from blossoming on his lips but he did manage to contain the chuckle. "Men never do," he returned, his voice conveying the humor of the situation.

Logan snorted loudly as he pursed his lips in a perturbed expression. "You got that right, bub."

Both men then fell silent for a couple of moments while each considered how to proceed. It was Logan who finally forged forward, though with obvious reluctance. "So," he began, releasing a loud sigh, "Marie tells me I need someone to stand up with me and hold ring or some shit like that…"

All Scott could do was nod as the implications of why Logan would be discussing this with him hit hard.

"Don't know why I can't hold the fucking thing myself," Logan muttered in a growling tone. "It's my goddamn ring!"

Shrugging slightly, Scott offered the only response he could think of, "It's tradition."

A gruff, "Yeah … well I say fuck tradition," was the harsh reply.

"Every woman wants a nice, traditional wedding, Logan," the other man informed him quietly.

Logan released a sharp exhalation and clenched his jaw in frustration. "Right," he returned before once again letting a long silence fill the room. "So anyway, I need someone to hold the ring…"

{Okay, now this is getting downright strange} For the second time, Logan left the comment hang like he was asking a question. His eyebrows furrowing together behind the concealing visor he wore, Scott turned his head to fully face the man beside him. "Logan … are you asking me to be your best man?"

"NO!" he retorted quickly and sharply, once again cracking his neck to ease some tension. Then, he added more levelly, and very quietly though his tone was still gruff and uncertain. "I'm asking you to hold the fucking ring."

This time Scott was very careful to keep the grin on the inside as he nodded. "Okay … I can do that."

His eyes darting to the younger man's face in search of the slightest smirk, Logan gave a curt nod as he bolted from his seat and headed for the door. "Okay then," he muttered from the threshold before disappeared into the hall.

Once he was certain that the older man was gone, Scott let his shock show, not only on his face but also by releasing a soft, low whistle. That was certainly the last thing he'd expected!


5

As was their Wednesday evening tradition, Logan and Rogue headed outside toward the garden to the west. There was a nice little secluded area where they would watch the sunset at least once a week and while this week was so hectic with the wedding preparations and all, they were looking forward to the quiet time alone even more than usual.

It was a beautiful fall evening with the flowers in still bloom and no breeze to stir the cool air. The soon to be married couple walked silently, their arms wrapped around each other, toward their destination. They were almost there when Logan pulled up sharply, hauling Marie to a stop as well.

"What's wrong, sugah?" she asked quickly, concerned that there was trouble.

Logan's nostrils flared as he picked up a myriad of familiar scents coming from what should have been the vacant area for which they were headed. His eyes narrowing as he tilted his head and listened, Logan growled low in his throat.

Marie listened as well, finally picking up the faint sounds of movement from up ahead. Her sharp disappointment was as clear as Logan's when she started forward, ready to give the intruders a piece of her mind. Everyone knew to stay out of the couple's little haven on Wednesday night and until now everyone had respected that.

Storming forward with a less than pleased expression dominating her beautiful features, Rogue stepped into the secluded garden, stopping with her hands on her hips. "What the hell are y'all doin'?" she demanded sharply before her eyes fully registered her surroundings.

The group of Logan and Rogue's closest friends froze instantly as they turned to stare at the couple they were there to honor. The group glanced around at each other for a moment before several gestured to the large sign they'd hung and still others greeted them loudly.

"Surprise!" they shouted.

Frustrated at having lost what they figured would be their last moments of piece together before the wedding, Logan growled through clenched teeth before demanding answers. "What the fuck is this?"

"This," Jean began as she moved from Scott's side toward the couple, "is your wedding shower."

Rogue was staring in shock at her gathered friends and what they'd done to the small private garden. Trees and shrubs were decorated with ribbons and bows and a long sign had hung congratulating them on their upcoming nuptials.

With a scowl of irritation, Logan allowed Jean to usher them toward the obvious seat of honor, a decorated bench just large enough to hold both of them. Releasing a barely audible growl at having their quiet time together interrupted he lowered himself onto the seat beside a greatly surprised Marie.

"Ah can't believe y'all went t' awl this trouble," the southern belle said in awe, glancing to each of her friends -- all of which she considered family.

"It is the least we can do," Ororo insisted with a gentle smile.

"We were going to do the whole bachelor/bachelorette party thing but there wasn't really time so we settled for a combined shower," Scott explained to the couple while everyone gathered around and took a seat. "We figured we could be in and out pretty quick so you still had most of the evening to yourselves. We know how important that is," he concluded, glancing at his wife with a soft smile and a wink.

"So let's get on with it," Logan demanded gruffly. Despite his harsh tone and surly countenance, Logan was quite deeply touched by the whole idea, mostly though because Marie was.

"Bobby, John," the professor prompted the two young men that Marie had appointed ushers for the ceremony.

The two teens blanched and blinked then looked to each other with the classic 'deer in the headlights' expression before turning to Charles Xavier.

"Why do we have to go first?" Bobby asked in a bit of whine.

The sharply arched eyebrow turned in the direction of the mutant, Iceman, did nothing to calm the teen's nerves. In fact it only served to make them worse, eventually leading the young man to turn the seat beneath him to ice.

"I shall go first, Robert," Ororo informed him, hiding a smile at the slight slip of the teen's power. Moving from her own chair, the dark-skinned weather goddess reached down for the large box resting on the ground near her feet. Picking it up, 'Ro took it to the couple of honor, passing it to Logan with a smile to Marie.

Logan shifted his gaze from the box now resting on his lap to the woman who'd placed it there before turning to Marie.

"Well go on, sugah," his fiancée told him with a curious smile.

Logan could see Marie growing more and more giddy by the second, and he had to admit -- if only to himself -- that it was contagious. Quickly tearing into the metallic silver wedding wrapping paper, he uncovered a plain brown cardboard box, which had been thoroughly taped shut. Popping a single claw from his right hand, Logan broke the seal of the box before once again sheathing the talon.

As soon as Logan had the box opened, Marie shifted around on the bench so she could see inside as well. Her delicate eyebrows rose high at the sight of the contents.

"Come on, Roguey, don't keep us in suspense," Jubilee cried in her usual bubbly, demanding tone. "What'd you get?"

With a look to Logan that pleaded for patience with her friend, Marie dug into the box and began pulling out the contents one item at a time. There was a beautifully carved incense burner, which she pulled out and held up from everyone to see before returning it carefully to the box. She did the same to a couple of the seven or eight bundles of incense in various aromas that went with it. Then Marie pulled out one of the small bottles inside the box and studied it for a moment -- a slow grin breaking out on her lips as a slight blush colored her cheeks.

From a short distance away, a knowing smile appeared on Jean's face. "So she got you the massage oils too, huh? They're great," the redhead assured her younger friend.

At Jean's side Scott's features also softened into a wistful smile. "Oh yeah, they are the best," he agreed with his wife before turning to Ororo who had retaken her seat on his other side. "I've been meaning to ask you where you got those. We're almost out."

"You cannot purchase them, Scott," the beautiful African woman laughed lightly. "It is something that I make."

"You're kidding!" Scott nearly shouted in surprise. "'Ro you should be selling that stuff, it's amazing. I would certainly pay you for more," the team leader continued, apparently oblivious to the situation he was in at that moment.

"Scott, honey, I think we can talk to Ororo about this later," Jean said, drawing her husband's attention before gesturing discretely at Logan and Marie.

"Right," Scott nodded, fighting a blush. "Sorry guys."

"This stuff must be good if it's got Cyke all excited," Logan snickered, taking any possible opportunity to taunt the younger man.

Professor Xavier chuckled softly along with everyone else. They all knew now that the jests were more a friendly banter than any sort of malice, as they had originally believed. He had sensed a change in attitude within both men in regards to the other and it pleased him to no end.

"Who would like to go next?" the professor asked of his students.

"We might as well get this over with," Bobby called quickly, though his tone sounded anything but in a hurry.

Immediately Johnny and Bobby rose to their feet, the former picking up another sizable box and handing it to his roommate before giving the other teen a slight push in the directions of the couple.

"Hey!" the sandy-headed young man groused, looking back over his shoulder at the blond who had resumed his seat and was smiling innocently back at him.

"Go on, mate, don't be a baby," Johnny grinned widely. "Just hand over the present and you're finished."

Glaring for a long moment at his roommate, Bobby stuck out his tongue at the other teen before he finally turned and closed the remaining distance between him and couple. By then Logan had placed the box Ororo had thrust into his lap onto the ground near his feet and following the older woman's lead, Bobby handed him the box then beat a hasty retreat back to his seat.

Logan couldn't help the grin from splitting his face at the obvious fear he invoked within the younger man. It wasn't so much that he wanted Bobby to be afraid of him, it was just that the teen had once made a move for Marie and Logan had made a point to make sure that never happened again. Feeling eyes upon him, the groom to be tilted his head to find his fiancée looking at him in that way that informed him he was on the brink of being in trouble.

Quickly Logan shifted the large box on his lap closer to Marie and offered her a disarming smile, or at least one he hoped would be. It was only a matter of seconds before the hard look from his lover began to soften. By the time Marie started to open the gift, she was once again smiling broadly.

Like Logan, it didn't take her long to get the box open and was pleased to find an amazing array of candles inside. There had to be at least twenty different candles in two different scents and ten or more different sizes and shapes.

"Thank ya, guys," Marie said, holding up one of the vanilla candles and one of the cinnamon ones as she offered them a thankful smile. "Ah love candles an' this supply oughta last a while."

"I didn't know if it would be an ok gift for your wedding shower but we didn't know what else to get you," Bobby returned with a slight shrug.

"That's not true," Johnny interrupted quickly. "We knew what else to get you, we just didn't think that Logan would appreciate the two of us buying you sexy underwear and stuff."

"Smart thinking, kid," Logan returned pointedly, pinning the two teens with a nasty look for even thinking about Marie and underwear in the same thought.

The two young men paled visibly, shifting uncomfortably in their seats.

"Moving on," Charles Xavier prompted, looking to the two young women who were Marie's closest friends. "Kitty, Jubilee."

"You go ahead, chica," the bubbly Asian told her friend with a grin.

With a tight nod, Kitty rose from her seat and walked across the small garden to stop in front of Marie. "This one is for you," she said a bit nervously as she handed the long but thin box to her friend.

Chewing on her lip excitedly, Marie glanced at Logan before tearing into the decorative paper surrounding the package. With the box uncovered she pulled off the top, setting it aside before delving in between the layers of tissue paper inside. Marie froze, her eyes widening at the sight that greeted her within the box.

Leaning over to see what was so interesting, Logan's left brow darted up sharply, a wickedly feral grin breaking his face.

"Come on, babe, show the rest of us," Jubilee insisted loudly despite the face she knew full well what the item was.

Blushing fiercely, Marie complied with the demand, pulling the tiny white nighty from the box. Actually as sheer as the fabric was, the teddy would appear a pale pink on Marie's body and leave absolutely nothing to the imagination.

"My favorite gift so far," Logan informed Marie with a throaty growl and leering smile.

"Well if you like that, Wolvie, you're going to love this," Jubilee stated knowingly as she handed a similar, if smaller, box to Logan.

Scowling slightly at the use of the nickname that the mall rat seemed unwilling to part with, the gruff man took the package from her while Marie settled the top back on the present she'd just opened. When she set it aside with the other already opened presents Logan handed her the gift Jubilee had just given him.

"No," the young Asian shouted, shaking her head firmly. "That one is for you, Logan."

Grinning at the confused look on Logan's face, Marie passed the gift back to him with a sweet wink.

His brows furrowing in thought, Logan quickly tore into the present. The box beneath the paper was exactly the same as the one that held Marie's wedding night frock, which suddenly made Logan more than a little nervous. Pulling off the lid, he dug into the tissue paper, fishing around until he came out with a pair of underwear.

"These are women's panties," Logan said roughly, clearly not amused by whatever joke Jubilee was trying to pull.

"I know," the Asian teen returned, wiggling her brows and winking at the bridegroom. "They're edible."

The statement stopped Logan cold for a long moment then he looked across to Jubilee for a beat before shifting his attention to the delicate garment in his hand.

"Ok, so this is my favorite present," Logan quickly amended with a meaningful look at Marie. Slowly he turned to face the mall rat, holding up the panties still held firmly in his hand. "Thanks, kid."

"I hope you like cherry," Jubilation said with a grin, watching carefully to see the blush color her friend's cheeks.

A loud, snorting laugh was the only response Logan had time for as Jean was standing in front of Marie with yet another present.

"From Scott and I," the redhead told the younger woman as she handed off the present. Giving Marie a warm smile, Jean turned and moved to her seat at her husband's side.

"Ya both've already done so much fer us," Marie protested weakly.

"And we wanted to do more," Scott returned with a soft smile.

This time Logan and Marie opened the gift together, each tearing off half the paper before Logan pulled open the top. Inside was a set of two silver frames embossed with wedding bells and ribbons along with a large wedding album covered in white satin and lace.

"They're beautiful," Marie cooed quietly, her voice trembling on the brink of tears. "Thank ya. Thank y'all, everythin's great."

"I still like the edible panties the best," Logan informed her with a wicked grin, knowing the comment would quiet her tears.

"Ya're awful, Logan," Marie returned with a laugh, smacking him lightly on the arm in the process.

"I believe that just leaves me," Professor Xavier began once the round of laughter settled. Moving his wheelchair forward, the older man stopped just to the side of the bench and turned his head to better see the guests of honor. "I am afraid I don't have anything for you to open right now but then the honeymoon usually does come after the wedding."

"Honeymoon?" Logan questioned quietly, tilting his head to regard the professor.

"If you will let me know where you'd like to go and when, I'll take care of all the arrangements and the financing," Xavier informed them.

"That's too much," Marie objected quickly, shaking her head adamantly.

"Nonsense," the professor argued softly. "It's what I did for Scott and Jean and it's what I'd like to do for you as well."

Logan and Marie looked at each other, neither really comfortable with the idea. They weren't used to that sort of extravagance.

"You should just accept it because he won't take no for an answer," Scott told the pair while Jean nodded her agreement.

Sighing lightly, Marie accepted Logan's nod and added her own before rising from her seat to move beside the older man. Pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek, she whispered her thanks in his ear then straightened up and resumed her seat beside Logan.

"Thanks, Chuck," Logan said roughly, doing his best to hide the emotion in his voice. "And everyone else, thank you."

Around the small garden, the gathered friends shrugged or shook their heads in response.

"And look at that, if we hurry we can be out of here so you two can enjoy your sunset," Scott stated pointedly to the others before turning to Logan. "Can you handle all your loot or would you like us to take it back to your room for you?"

Looking quickly at the stash of present, Logan shook his head. "I think I can handle it, Cyke," he returned with an almost friendly smile.

"We'll take care of the decorations tomorrow," Jean told the pair as everyone gathered up their chairs and started to leave the garden.

"Thank y'all," Marie called after them, watching until the last of her friends disappeared toward the mansion. "Ah can't believe awl the nice thin's," she said to Logan once they were alone, shifting at his side as she spoke, resting her head on his shoulder to watch the setting sun.

"Yeah," Logan agreed levelly before his tone turned amused. "Remind me to do something nice for those girlfriends of yours … especially the mall rat."

"Logan!" Marie chided though she was laughing as she did so.

Wrapping his arm around his fiancée's shoulder, Logan pulled her closer, pressing a kiss to the top of her head before tilting his to rest atop hers as they watched the sky change with dusk.

"You think maybe we could give those panties a test run?" he asked suddenly, only half teasing.

"No, Logan," Marie returned, hiding a smile. "Those're fer the weddin' night."

Logan was silent for a long moment before he spoke again. "I say we forget Saturday and get married tonight."

Laughing together quietly, Logan and Marie watched the sun go down on yet another day. One more day closer to the one which would bring them together as husband and wife.


A low growl of frustration escaped through clenched teeth as Logan crumpled yet another piece of paper in a large rough hand. He didn't think he'd ever been more frustrated -- at least in a non-sexual way -- in his entire life. At the moment he was sitting at a small table in the back of the recreation room trying to concentrate on writing his wedding vows. Logan had voted for traditional vows but Marie had wanted to write her own and though she told him that he didn't have to, he knew that she hoped he would.

So there he sat, in the back of a room where a handful of the youngest children were glued to the television screen watching a video. The TV wasn't loud by any means but with Logan's enhanced hearing it didn't have to be in order to be distracting. The only thing was, it *was* the quietest room in the mansion.

Logan would have simply found a secluded spot in the forest surrounding the grounds if it hadn't been pouring down rain outside. The weather didn't really bother him but he didn't think it would do the paper he was writing on much good. He was considering asking Storm to clear a small area for his use when something in the movie drew his attention. His brows wrinkled in consideration as he tilted his head and stared at the screen.


The clock on the nightstand read 3:03 AM when Rogue finally gave up trying to sleep. Between the anticipation of her wedding, which was set to happen in just over twelve hours and Logan's absence from their bed, it was impossible for her to even think about sleep. Being the night before the wedding everyone had insisted that Logan sleep somewhere other than with his future wife. After repeated arguments and an almost knockdown, drag-out fight with Scott, the groom had agreed, buy only on Marie's wishes.

Rising from the bed with a soft sigh, she found her robe draped over a nearby chair and wrapped it around her pajama-clad body before sliding into a pair of fluffy slippers. Marie knew she needed to do something besides just lying there staring at the ceiling and the same thing kept popping into her head repeatedly. Walking across the lonely room to the door, she opened it slowly and stepped out into the hallway.

Marie glanced up the corridor in the direction of the room she knew Logan occupied and was surprised to see Scott Summers seated on the ground, legs stretched out in front of him with his back resting against the bedroom door. Though it was hard to tell due to the presence of his concealing eyewear, she figured he was asleep, mostly because he didn't even look in her direction as she left her own room. Silently shaking her head, Marie turned up the hallway toward the stairs to the main level of the mansion.

Before long she found herself at her intended destination and went to work gathering the supplies she needed. Searching first through the refrigerator, Rogue found the remains of a ham, part of a brick of cheese and an array of fresh vegetables that would fill her needs. Setting those items on the counter, she next went scouted out a cutting board, knife and a series of containers. Satisfied that she had everything she needed within easy reach, Marie went to work slicing and chopping and cutting the various food items. Before long she was thoroughly engrossed in her task to the point that she failed to hear the approach of a visitor until the other woman spoke.

"Rogue, what are you doing?" Jean asked softly, surprised to find the bride to be in the kitchen, seemingly preparing to fix a large meal.

Startled by the unexpected presence behind her, Marie jumped back from the counter, wielding her knife defensively. "Oh, Jeannie," she stammered breathlessly, "ya scared me half t' death."

Surprised herself at being turned on with a butcher knife, Jean shook her head as she released a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm just surprised to find you here. Why aren't you sleeping?"

Turning back to her work, Rogue shrugged her shoulders lightly in response. "Ah can't sleep without Logan. Ah thought Ah could fer one night but Ah can't so Ah figured Ah oughta find something else t' do," the young woman explained quietly as she began to cut chunks of cheese.

Jean smiled widely thinking back a few weeks to her own wedding day and the night before, recalling her discovery of the exact same thing about Scott. "I know how you feel, Rogue." Deciding that her young friend could probably use someone to talk to, Jean moved forward, seeing if there was anything constructive she could do to help. "I understand the draw of a midnight snack but isn't this a bit excessive?" she teased lightly, taking in the large amount of food Marie had already prepared.

"This ain't fer a midnight snack," Rogue returned softly, tilting her head to look at the older woman, a slight blush coloring her cheeks. "Ah thought Ah oughta have some food ready fer tonight … t' keep our strength up, ya know?"

Unable to squelch the laugh that bubbled up at the remark, Jean let it fly as she gently patted her friend's back. "Somehow I know you're going to need it."

Her blush deepening as she laughed along, Marie nodded vigorously. "Ah'm sure Ah will an' Ah can't wait!"

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Jean asked in a tone still dripping with mirth.

Turning her head, Rogue regarded the doctor who had already given her more than she could have ever dreamed. "Ah 'preciate the offer, Jeannie, but ya've already done so much an' ya oughta be sleepin' at this time a night."

Shaking her head with a fond smile, the redhead responded softly. "I was happy to do it, Rogue, and as for sleeping… Well I can't sleep without Scott any more than you can without Logan."

The comment brought an image of Scott sleeping against Logan's door to mind and Marie furrowed her brows in question. "Why's Scott outside Logan's door anyhow?" she wanted to know.

"As best m… uh, the holder of the ring," Jean quickly corrected herself from saying best man, "Scott feels it's his responsibility to make sure that Logan doesn't see you before the ceremony."

Laughing at both Jean's swift amendment and explanation, Rogue abruptly stopped her cutting and turned again to the older woman with a suddenly serious expression. "Ah dunno how we're ever gonna repay ya both fer everythin' ya've done."

Smiling softly, Jean shook her head. "Oh, honey, you don't have to repay us for anything. Just be happy."

Tears filling Rogue's eyes without warning as she nodded. "Ah'm so happy Ah think Ah'm gonna cry," she said tearfully.

Jean, blinking back tears of her own, quickly gathered the young woman in her arms, hugging her lightly with a gentle rocking motion. "I know how you're feeling, Rogue, I did the same thing the morning of my wedding."

For a long while, the two X-Women stood silently at the counter in the kitchen just hugging each other with happiness. It was finally Jean that broke the silence and the embrace, turning to the plentiful bounty beside them. "Well it looks like you've got enough food here for a three day marathon so what do you say we get this packed up and I'll help you get a little sleep before the big moment, all right?"

Wiggling her brows quickly, Rogue grinned wickedly. "Ah like the sound a that," she admitted with only slight embarrassment. "Ah mean that all sounds good. Ah'll jus' get one a them coolers and some ice. Oh, an' Ah need t' pack lots a fluids too."

"Yes you do," Jean agreed with a knowing grin. Shaking her head as Rogue went in search of a cooler, she rifled through the refrigerator for drinks. A large container of orange juice, a small bottle of apple juice, of course a few requisite bottles of beer for Logan and a half-dozen frozen bottles of water that would later thaw for consumption and in the meantime would keep the rest cold. By the time Marie returned, Jean had everything lined up neatly, ready to pack. Before long they had the cooler stuffed with food and drinks.

With a satisfied smile, Rogue turned to the other woman. "Thank ya fer yer help, Jeannie."

Winking in response, Jean moved forward and bent to pick up the large cooler. "Come on, let's get this to your room and get you some sleep."

"I'll get that," Marie objected as her friend picked up the overweight object.

Moving together the two women made their way back up the stairs, pausing to exchange amused glances when the noticed Scott all sprawled out on the floor of the hallway.

"He's jus' too adorable," Marie whispered with a soft giggle. "Ya really are a lucky woman, Jeannie."

Smiling happily, Jean nodded. "This I know, Rogue, and you're very lucky too. Logan loves you with the same passion that Scott loves me."

Tilting her head in an expression of awe, Rogue nodded. "Ah still can't believe it sometimes."

"Believe it," Jean insisted as she wrapped her arm around the younger woman's shoulder and pulled her gently toward her room. "In a few short hours you'll be Logan's wife."

"Ah can't wait," Marie assured her excitedly.


6

"Ya got the ring, right?" Logan demanded gruffly of the quiet man beside him.

Inwardly Scott groaned. "Yes, Logan, for the hundredth time I have the ring."

Turning a scowl on the younger man, Logan returned to his pacing as he waited for the quickly approaching moment when Marie would finally be his.

Scott Summers couldn't help but grin at Logan's nervousness despite the fact that he knew all too well just how nerve wracking the waiting could be. Still it was funny to see Wolverine squirm in a tuxedo, not that he could really show his amusement if he expected to live out the day.

Wearing a thin path into the thick carpet of the small room in which they waited Logan used the time to consider the changes in his life since meeting Marie. She had changed every aspect of his life and for the first time that he could remember he was truly happy and content with his place in the world. Before meeting her, his only purpose had been to find the bastards that had made him into what he was but now that part of his life was over. The past no longer mattered to him -- his future with Marie was all that was important now.

Thinking over all that had happened in such a short period of time, something occurred to him. Stopping suddenly in his pacing, he turned to face his companion. "Thank you, Scott," Logan said suddenly, without warning.

Turning in surprise at the other man's words, Scott blinked repeatedly behind his ruby-quartz glasses. "What?"

"I haven't really thanked you for everything you've done for me and Marie, so thank you," the proud man offered again. "You could've been a real prick through all of this but you weren't. You… Shit, you've been a good friend, Slim," Logan concluded, albeit reluctantly, as he moved to stand before the younger man. Releasing a heavy breath, he slowly lifted his right hand toward Scott and waited.

Shocked by the sudden turn in Logan's attitude towards him, it was several long seconds before Scott had the presence of mind enough to reach out and take his hand in a firm grip and shake. Not knowing what to say at that point, the larger man responded with a tight nod and a sigh of relief when the door opened behind them.

"It's time," the clergymen announced quietly from the doorway.

In response Logan abruptly froze.

Shaking his head lightly, Scott let a small smirk break his face as he clapped the groom on the shoulder. "Come on, man, it'll be over soon."


Once Logan and Scott had taken their places at the front of the room, joined by Bobby and Johnny, it wasn't long before the bride's maids started down the aisle. Kitty was the first, looking very pretty in her pale pink gown. She was followed by Jubilee, wearing surprisingly enough, a pastel yellow gown of the same design. Behind her walked Ororo, looking all the part of a Goddess in her light lavender formal. Lastly, the matron of honor entered, wearing the same dress in a pastel green, which set her eyes off even from a distance. Jean focused solely on her husband as she marched down the aisle in the wedding procession.

Once all the women were in place, the music shifted into the traditional wedding march as an incredible vision in white appeared at the end of the long, red-carpeted aisle. Marie closed her eyes briefly and drew in a calming breath before placing a lace-clad hand on the arm of the man beside her.

"Are you ready, Rogue?" the professor's low, soothing voice asked softly.

Turning to face him, a beaming smile shining through her white, lace veil, Marie nodded quickly. Facing forward once more, she focused on the group of people at the end of the long walk as she began to move with Professor Xavier toward them. The women she had seen and they looked wonderful so she shifted her gaze to the other side of the alter and settled first on Johnny, then Bobby and finally on Scott. All three were looking handsome as ever in their black tuxedos and accompaniments.

Quickly Marie's eyes moved on take in her soon to be husband and her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. Logan had tamed his wild hair move than ever before and his ever-present muttonchops had gone the way of the razor, leaving only smooth skin. Dressed as he was in black tails he looked, for all the world, like a prince from the fairytales she remembered as a child. If it hadn't been for the ruggedly masculine air surrounding him and the wild fire of feral passion gleaming in the hazel depths of his eyes, Marie wouldn't have believed that the man before her was Logan.

From his place beside the alter, the groom was just as enthralled by Marie's appearance. His southern beauty all decked out in satin and lace, covered from head to toe in miles of white fabric. Even veiled he could see the love in her doe-like eyes and smell the sultry anticipation roiling off of her. Fighting to breath normally at the amazing sight of his soon to be wife, Logan released a long, slow breath as he stepped down to take Marie's hand from Xavier.

Smiling sweetly at her fiancé, Rogue quickly leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on the professor's cheek from behind the barrier of her veil. "Thank ya, Charles," she whispered softly, her voice cracking lightly with emotion.

Likewise Logan offered the wheelchair bound man his hand and they shook briefly before the couple watched as Charles Xavier maneuvered his chair off to the end of the first row of seats.

Turning to fully face each other, Logan and Marie exchanged nervous smiles before shifting around to face the priest waiting behind them.

"Dearly beloved," the man began loudly, "we are gathered here today to witness the joining in love of this man and this woman. Should anyone present know just cause why these two may not be joined in the holy state of wedlock, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Craning his head slightly to look at the congregation, Logan arched a threatening brow even as he released a low growl with enough volume to be heard clear in the back of the room.

Scott's hand went immediately to his face to cover his smirk while Marie giggled loudly at the obvious intent behind Logan's reaction. Jean, Ororo and Kitty all managed to keep their amusement to small grins while Jubilee rolled her eyes dramatically, shaking her head.

"Jeez, chill, Wolvie, no one here's stupid enough to object," the bubbly teen bolstered loudly.

As the small group of students, teachers and fellow X-Men responded with varying degrees of amusement, Logan leaned around Marie and pinned Jubilee with a harsh glare.

The yellow clad teen just tilted her head like a spoiled five year old and winked at the feral man.

Fighting a smile, Logan shifted back to look at his bride before nodding to the clergyman.

"Logan and Marie have asked to recite their own vows at this time," the preacher informed the congregation. "Logan," he prompted first.

Swallowing past a dry throat, Logan took a deep breath, releasing it slowly as he gathered Marie's lace-covered hands in his bare ones. "Marie, when you first told me that you wanted to write your own vows I thought, 'go ahead, I'll just stick with what's worked for men for centuries'," he began honestly in a low pitched tone. "Then I started thinking about it, darlin', and I realized that there was so much I *could* say."

Shifting nervously from one foot to the other, Logan forced himself to continue as he stared into dancing brown eyes. "You make me feel so much, Marie, more than I ever thought I was capable of feeling. I figured I could just tell you about that but I didn't know how hard it would be to put it all into words."

Surprised by the abject honesty in her soon to be husband's words, Marie's eyes filled with tears. The huge smile on her face however signified that they were tears of joy.

"Darlin', I love you so much it hurts sometimes," Logan continued softly, ignoring the crowd of people watching and listening to focus solely on his love. "I've spent a lot of time over the last week trying to figure out what I ever did to deserve you but I never came up with an answer. Hell I don't even know that there *is* an answer. I just thank God or whatever the hell it was that brought us together."

Pausing again to take a shaky breath, Logan prepared himself to finish. "Thank you, Marie, for making me more man than animal. My beautiful southern belle," he said quietly as he brushed his fingers against her wet cheek. "The beauty who tamed the beast. I love you, darlin'. I'll love you with my dying breath."

Marie could do nothing more than stand there and stare, her mouth hanging partially open in awe. Her ragged breathing echoed in the absolute silence of the small room filled with friends and family.

"Oh mah Gawd," she finally managed to croak out in a rough whisper. "That was so beautiful, Logan." Thoroughly overcome with emotion, Marie broke off and sobbed softly.

Feeling his heart pounding in his chest in response to her crying, Logan quickly closed the distance between then and wrapped her into his arms. Closing his eyes against the sting of tears he dropped his head down to rest atop hers. "I love you, baby," he repeated emotionally.

"Ah love ya so much, sugah," Marie sobbed as she clung tightly to him.

The congregation watched silently as the couple just held each other for several long moments before Marie pulled away and stepped back. Removing one hand from the circle of Logan's, she wiped at the tears wetting her face before guiding her lace encased fingers down the clean-shaved jaw of the man before her. "Ya ain't a beast, Logan," she whispered lovingly.

With his free hand, Logan reached up to capture Marie's wrist, moving her hand to where he could press his lips to her palm.

Smiling broadly the young woman twisted her arm until she was able to take Logan's hand in hers again. "Ah knew jus' wha' Ah wanted t' say when this moment came an' now Ah can't think of a thin'."

Breaking off, once again emotional, Marie shook her head, as her smile grew still wider. "Ya never cease t' amaze me, sugah. When Ah tol' ya Ah wanted t' write mah own vows Ah fully expected ya t' used the ol' traditional words an' Ah couldn't wait t' hear ya say 'em. Ah … Ah never even imagined that ya'd write yer own. Ah didn't think Ah could love ya more than Ah did when Ah walked down that aisle but the love Ah feel fer ya now don' even compare.

"Ah once believed in destiny," Marie went on wistfully. "When Ah's little Ah used to think that fate would guide me t' the man Ah's supposed t' be with. Then Ah discovered what Ah am an' Ah realized that ever'thin' Ah used t' believe was jus' some childish fantasy. There was no Prince Charming fer me…"

Releasing a gentle sigh, Marie shook her head. "Then Ah stepped int' a bar in the middle a Canada an' suddenly it didn't seem like much of a fantasy anymore. Logan, ya gave me ever'thin' Ah'd lost. Ya fed me, ya kept me warm, ya didn't abandon me on the side of the road," she added with a giggle before becoming almost somber. "Ya saved my life, not once but twice. Ya became my hero an' Ah loved ya but never did Ah believe that ya'd ever love me back, but ya do. Ah love ya, Logan, with awl my heart, with awl my soul, with mah last, dying breath. Ya made mah childhood dream come true, sugah. Ah always wanted mah very own knight in shinin' armor."

For a long moment Logan and Marie just stared unblinkingly into the other's eyes, showing and seeing the depth of the incredible love that they shared. Finally a movement beside them drew their attention back to the reverend performing the ceremony.

"Logan, do you have the ring?" the old man asked in a soft but projecting voice.

Dropping Marie's hands, Logan quickly began patting his pockets, rapidly becoming frantic when he couldn't remember where he'd put the ring. A quick tap on his shoulder brought the feral man spinning swiftly around, glaring at the man behind him -- until he noticed the ring that a grinning Scott was holding in front of him.

"Oh … right," Logan stammered nervously as he took the offered wedding ring from his "ring holder." "Thanks, Slim."

Scott couldn't help but grin wider when Logan turned back to Marie proudly displaying the ring in one large but shaking hand.

"Logan," the priest spoke again, "if you'll repeat after me."

"I, Logan," the usually gruff man began in a rough, emotional voice, repeating the words of the priest, "take you Marie to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold from his day forward until my dying day."

As he slipped the ring on her finger, Logan continued softly. "Take this ring as a token of my love and devotion."

With happy tears spilling down her cheeks, Marie smiled brightly as the gold band settled in against the engagement ring she was wearing. Raising her free hand she quickly wiped at the wetness on her cheeks before dabbing lightly at her running nose.

"Marie," the reverend then prompted.

The beautiful bride turned to her matron of honor and took the large gold band with a smile.

Jean returned the expression, giving the younger woman a wink of encouragement. It hadn't been a month yet since she and Scott were standing where Rogue and Logan were. She knew how intimidating it was, even when you love someone as much as she loves Scott and Marie loves Logan.

"I, Marie, take ya Logan t' be mah lawfully wedded husband," the young bride repeated after the priest. "T' have an' t' hold from his day forward 'til mah dying day. Take this ring as a token a mah love an' devotion."

With that Marie slipped the ring on Logan's thick finger even as she stared up into the amazing hazel eyes of her almost husband.

"Logan and Marie, you have given testament to your love by exchanging vows and rings. May the Lord bless your union and keep you both safe in each other's arms," the reverend prayed. "By the power vested in me by the state of New York and the county of Westchester, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Smiling softly, the priest gestured to Marie. "Logan, you may kiss your bride."

Blinking in disbelief that it had really happened, Logan took a step forward, closing the distance between him and Marie. Reaching up slowly, he gathered the bottom edge of the antique lace veil she was wearing and raised it to reveal her beautiful, tearstained face. Logan licked his grinning lips as he leaned down and kissed Marie for the first time as his wife. He hadn't expected it to be any different than every other kiss they had shared but somehow it was, it was better. Cradling her face in both hands, Logan deepened the kiss, lightly running his tongue along the edge of his wife's full bottom lip.

Marie slipped her hands around her husband's back and pulled him closer as her lips parted without conscious thought, her own tongue bursting forth to duel with his.

Around the newlyweds, the whole room was bustling with applause, whistling and cheers but to Logan and Marie, they were all that existed.

All Logan could think was that Marie was finally his -- all his. Of course with that was the fact that he could finally make love to the woman he had wanted from the first moment he'd seen her. Truth be told, Marie was thinking the same thing.

By the time the couple broke the kiss, they were both breathless though Logan was quick to recover thanks to his healing factor. Grinning wickedly, he winked at Marie before turning to face the crowd of their friends.

"Now if you'll excuse us," Logan said pointedly to the congregation before sweeping his wife off her feet and bolting for the door at the back of the room.

Marie squealed in surprise but made no effort to stop Logan as he carried her back up the aisle she'd walked down a short time ago. She had no doubt where they were headed and she couldn't have been happier about it.

Laughing at Logan's obvious enthusiasm, Scott moved forward, stopping in front of his wife who stood there with a stunned expression on her face.

"Do you know where they're going?" Jean asked her husband, her eyes wide with understanding.

"Yes I do," Scott returned with a nod, grinning from ear to ear.

"Scott, what about the reception? What about all the food? What are we supposed to do?" Jean demanded in rapid succession.

Closing the distance between them, Scott shook his head slowly, lightly shrugging his shoulders. "When in Rome," he said nonchalantly, suddenly copying Logan's technique and pulling Jean off her feet and into his arms before starting off at a steady jog up the aisle. "Excuse us too," Scott shouted as they left the room. And that was just the start of the payback he felt Jean owed him for the incident with Rogue in their bedroom.


Logan didn't stop running until he reached the door to their room. He carried his wife across the threshold then slowly lowered her to her feet before turning to lock the door. Once that was accomplished, Logan quickly began shedding the tuxedo he'd been wearing.

Chewing lightly on her lower lip, Marie watched her husband strip until he was naked. She could have been undressing too except that it took four women to get her into the dress she wore, there was no way she was getting out of it without help.

"You're overdressed, darlin'," Logan said in a seductive growl once he was happily nude. Already partially aroused, he moved forward and kissed Marie again, a long, deep and passionate kiss that was even better than the first.

"Ah need help with mah dress," she whispered breathlessly when they pulled back moments later. Instantly Marie heard the telltale *SNIKT* as Logan released his claws. "Not like that, Logan. Sugah, Ah don' wanna ruin mah dress."

With a frustrated growl, he sheathed his claws and his fingers got to work on the hundred or so tiny little hooks lining the back of the dress from it's high collar to down below the waist. The damn closures had been hard enough for Jean, Ororo, Jubilee and Kitty to fasten with their slim fingers. It was a much more difficult task for Logan and his thick digits.

"C'mon, Marie," Logan began to beg, "I'll split a seam, it'll be easy to repair."

Hoping to distract him from his line of thought, Marie pulled his head down for another kiss, praying as she did so that he wouldn't stop working the fastenings at her back. As it turned out, it made him work all the faster, his "cut her out of it" idea apparently lost -- at least for the moment.

The kissing helped to pass the time but it wasn't long before Marie was beginning to like Logan's earlier idea. She'd waited so long to make love with him and she didn't want to wait any longer. At that point Logan was only about a quarter of the way down her back, well judging by the feel of air on her skin anyway. Pushing him back suddenly, Marie bent over and grabbed the hem of the skirt and started to pull it off over her head. Logan was quick to aid her, helping to guide her head and arms out.

Finally she was free of the heavy, cumbersome garment and kicking off her shoes she took the gown from Logan and none to carefully draped it over a nearby chair before turning back to her husband. Her large, doe-like eyes slowly caressed down the contours and planes of Logan's muscular frame as she sauntered back into his arms and claimed his lips in a searing kiss.

Likewise Logan was thoroughly taking in the sight of Marie, clad now only in bra, panties, a garter belt and thigh-high stockings. As soon as his wife stepped into the circle of his arms, the bra was rapidly shed and discarded. Pulling Marie closer then, Logan crushed her full, heavy breasts against his hard chest, holding her there for a long moment before letting his hands slip down her back to her hips.

Still maintaining the kiss, Logan popped a single claw from each hand and carefully slit the sides of her panties, leaving just the garter and stockings in place. Tossing the skimpy fabric aside, he moved his hands down over the bare curve of her ass then picked her up, dragging her up his own frame until she wrapped her legs around his waist. Shifting his mouth from Marie's along the curve of her chin, down her neck then still lower, Logan claimed one breast, suckling gently as he turned and started toward the bed.

Marie moaned at the moist heat of Logan's mouth on her breast, particularly enraptured by the roughness of his tongue on her nipple. Arching her back as her husband laid her out on the bed then came down on top of her, as he was still riveted to her breast. Curling her fingers into the thick, unruly hair at the sides of his head near the top, Marie pulled him closer, urging him on in that fashion as well as with the moans and whimpers he was drawing from her slightly parted lips.

Under normal circumstances Logan would have been more than happy to continue in his current efforts for as long as Marie continued to respond as she was. This time, however, was different. This time he was able to do something that he'd never felt able to do before -- no matter how much he'd wanted to. Kneeling on the bed, straddling one of Marie's legs with his own, Logan reluctantly released the sweet nipple he'd been attending and sat back slightly to look down upon his wife. Marie lay still, her eyes closed, lips slightly parted, arms outstretched beside her, legs spread enough for one of Logan's large thighs to fit between. Her long chestnut hair was already in disarray, the platinum streaks setting off her face and her pale porcelain skin flushed a brighter shade of pinkish peach.

Leaning forward to claim those incredible, full lips, Logan couldn't help but release a low, growling groan as his raging erection came to rest against Marie's lace-covered hipbone. Deepening the kiss, he leaned forward even farther, his massive thigh fitting firmly against her hot, wet sex. Logan had been able to smell Marie's arousal since the priest announced them husband and wife but he was surprised by just how ready she was.

The incredible feel of Logan's hard cock resting on her hip made Marie moan deep in her throat, her lips vibrating against her husband's as he growled back. Their tongues dueling playfully as Logan rested more of his weight down on her, Marie was entirely unprepared for the wave of intense pleasure that swept over her as his thigh nestled against her folds, rubbing gently at her oversensitive flesh. A loud, whimpering moan escaped from somewhere deep inside of her as her body spasmed wildly beneath him.

"God, darlin', you are so fucking hot," Logan stated in a growling whisper against her ear before nibbling gently on the lobe. "Marie, I need to be inside you, baby, please. I can't wait anymore, Marie," he continued hoarsely, his voice taking on a desperate, pleading quality that she had never heard before and never wanted to hear again.

"Logan, sugah, Ah've wanted this fer so long," she assured him in a tone that matched his own in need. "Make love to me, Logan."

Pulling back sharply, Logan reached for his nightstand but before he could even get the drawer open, Marie's hand clamped tightly on his wrist, bringing his movement to a stop. His left brow arching high onto his forehead, he stared down at his wife with a questioning gaze.

"No barriers, Logan," Marie whispered softly, her eyes pleading into his. "We've had t' live with barriers between us fer so long. No more, sugah … please?"

Seeing the tears gather in his wife's eyes tore at Logan's heart and his objective immediately forgotten, he shifted back to take Marie into his arms, pulling her close and holding on tightly. Logan knew how hard it had been for her during the time she couldn't control her mutation, when they had to concentrate as much on being safe as giving pleasure.

"Ok, darlin'," he whispered, showering her with little kisses, "no more barriers."

Smiling through the still present tears in her eyes, Marie bit into her bottom lip lightly and stared up at Logan in a silent plea.

Moving before he even made a conscious decision to do so, Logan shifted his position, adjusting Marie's legs to allow him room between them. Finally he shifted his heated hazel gaze from her own darkened chocolate one to rake ever so slowly down the gorgeous curves of her highly aroused body. Logan's cock twitched almost painfully at the sight of her laid out before him, ready and willing. Once again dragging his eyes up to lock on hers, he took his engorged organ in his hand and shifted forward.

Marie's eyes continued to darken with desire as she watched Logan. Her eyes glued to his didn't really pick up his movement until the hot, hard tip of his penis brushed against her wet, swollen folds. Moaning loudly at the contact, she rolled her hips at just the right moment so the head of Logan's erection connected with her aching clit. Her body jerked involuntarily, another sharp cry of intense pleasure issuing from her throat.

Logan was groaning as well in that growling way of his that showed just how very primal he was becoming as he continued to swipe his cock through Marie's moisture to make sure he was thoroughly lubed. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her but at the same time it was becoming more than he could bear, not being inside of her, he felt like he was dying.

"Relax, Marie," he said roughly as he paused in position to enter her. Logan waited then until Marie opened her eyes and looked at him before he shifted forward, bringing the tip of his head in contact with her dripping core.

Drawing in a sharp breath at the first hesitant touch, Marie fought to keep her eyes open and locked on Logan's. Her entire body was trembling with anticipation as she felt him press forward, her body beginning to stretch to accommodate his size. Marie tried to keep her breathing even and regulated as Logan ever so slowly eased into her body with a gentleness that took her breath away. She loved him for his concern yet wondered how he could move so slowly when it was driving her insane. The careful concentration on Logan's face was something she'd never seen before and that included from Logan's own memories.

Continuing his agonizingly slow entrance, Logan fought down the animal inside that he usually released in moments of abandon and passion but this was different, this was Marie and he would not hurt her. Drawing in a deep breath and releasing it slowly as he reached the barrier he knew he'd find, Logan paused a bit to let Marie adjust further. Staring down into her wide, loving eyes he couldn't help but smile at her. It was a gently caring and tender smile the likes of which he'd never expected would ever grace his lips.

"Darlin'," he whispered hoarsely, his voice shaky fiercely with strain, "this might hurt some."

Unable to speak at the moment, Marie simply responded with a slight nod, raking her teeth across her bottom lip. In the next moment, there was a sharp pinch of pain and she bit into her lip to keep from crying out. It wasn't bad and the pleasure of having Logan slid home, so deep inside her so far outweighed the pain, but she didn't want to worry her new husband.

The feeling of being buried to the hilt within Marie's hot and oh so tight center brought Logan to the brink of tears. Maybe he was getting soft in his old age or maybe this was the difference in actually caring about the person he was with. Keeping his lower body stationary, Logan lowered himself with his arms and hungrily devoured Marie's mouth. He stayed that way for an undetermined amount of time before small, smooth hands slid down his back, grabbing his ass and pressing him closer. With a low growl deep in his throat, Logan pulled back from the kiss and looked down at her with an arched brow.

Wiggling her eyebrows wickedly, Marie flashed Logan a smile that spoke as eloquently as any words could.

Grinning down at her with a feral expression, he pulled out of her slightly then slowly surged forward again. Logan repeated that a few times, moving in small, easy strokes within her before slowly beginning to increase his rhythm with her encouragement until he settled into one they were both happy with. It was really a first for both of them, Marie for obvious reasons, being a virgin and Logan because it really was his first experience with slow, tender lovemaking. He was entirely unprepared for how much more pleasurable it was than the wild sex he'd been used to.

The sweet friction of Marie's body was like nothing he'd ever experienced and he was determined to make it last. Twice now Logan had all but stopped as he held her body tight while she shuddered and spasmed around him, whimpering loudly and crying out his name repeatedly. Now as he felt Marie climbing toward another, even more powerful climax, he changed his rhythm just enough so this time he would join her.

Moments later, the newlyweds came together, each crying out their passion, clutching each other tightly as they soared through the kaleidoscope of colors and bright flashes of white light.

Rolling onto his back and pulling Marie with him, Logan held her firmly against him with his hands on her hips, maintaining the gentle rocking of his pelvis beneath her as she continued to clench around him.

Still in the throes of passion, Marie collapsed forward bonelessly, lying against Logan's sweat glistening chest. Resting there silently for several minutes, she attempted to get her thoughts together so she could speak clearly and rationally.

"Logan," Marie began softly, her voice shaking badly but for the best of reasons, "that… Ah… Sugah, that was jus' amazin'."

Logan's chuckle shook not only her, but the bed beneath them as well. "You can say that again, darlin'," he assured her, his hands busily caressing her back. As he felt her shift slightly above him, his quickly recovering penis still embedded inside of her, Logan shifted his head on the pillow so he could look down at her, concern blanketing his features. "Are you alright, Marie?"

Releasing a slow, contented sigh, Marie met his gaze and nodded slightly. "Ah'm fine, Logan."

"Did I hurt you?" he asked in a tiny voice that shocked Marie to her core.

Blinking rapidly she shook her head firmly, her brows furrowing together with concern of her own. "Ya didn't hurt me at'all, Logan," she insisted softly, wiping the sweat from his brow and running a hand through his hair.

"Good," Logan whispered with obvious relief. Closing his eyes, he let himself enjoy the sensation of Marie's bare fingers in his hair, massaging his scalp. Of course that wasn't to say it was more enjoyable than feeling the rest of her naked body stretched out on top of him, the silk of her nylons and the lace of her garter belt in sharp contrast to the smooth, warm sensation of her skin.

Marie continued playing with his hair as she began planting soft kisses on his face, her hands busying themselves on his magnificent chest. It wasn't long before she felt the swelling of a new erection begin to stretch her. With a wicked little smile and a silent vow to make up for lost time, Marie wiggling her hips firmly.

"FUCK!" Logan all but shouted, his hands grabbing her hips firmly as he began growling low in his throat.

"That's the idea, sugah," Marie winked at him, a coy little grin lifting the corners of her mouth.

A feral smile split Logan's face as a fierce gleam appeared in his eyes. "All you had to do was ask, darlin'," he assured her hoarsely, bucking his hips up hard against her.

With a sharp inhalation, Marie braced her hands on his shoulders, holding on as best she could while she enjoyed the ride of her life.


As it turned out, the wedding night lasted three days, thanks in part to Marie's planning. When Logan and Marie finally took a breather long enough to actually leave their room, everyone was surprised. They had all pretty much given up hope of ever seeing the newlyweds again.

Even after three days of nearly non-stop sex, they still couldn't keep their hands off each other during the wedding reception that everyone scrambled to get to before the couple disappeared again. No one in the mansion had ever seen Logan or Rogue happier and they couldn't have been happier for them. The heavy sense of frustration that had been clogging the air of the mansion for longer than most wanted to consider had finally dissipated. THE END