“What the fuck?” Logan growled as he stopped his run and his eyes took in the scene before him.

Kitty huffed behind him as she caught up. “What’s wrong, why aren’t any of them responding on the com pieces?”

Kitty moved around him and gasped.

No one else was around, just their teammates scattered around the ground as though they were sleeping.

“What happened?”

“Don’t know,” Logan growled his nostrils flaring. “Someone unknown was just here though, I can smell them. Smell their fear.”

Kitty looked up at him in question.

“They’re gone now.”

She nodded.

“Call Bobby, tell him to come pick us up,” he instructed, his legs already moving on their own accord to where Rogue lay.

Taking a deep breath he checked her scent for blood but found none, there were no physical wounds. He crouched beside her, his hands gliding down her body checking for damages.

“Marie?” he spoke, his concern taking over his anger for the moment.

He pulled her up into his lap, shaking her lightly. “Come on baby, wake up,” he whispered, his hand running affectionately through her hair. There didn’t appear to be anything wrong with her.

He glanced up at Kitty who was checking the others. “Any luck?” he asked.

“It’s like they’re all sleeping.”

A groan behind Kitty alerted their attention.

“Jean?” Kitty called.

Jean sat up, her hand rubbing her forehead. “What happened?” she asked.

“We were kind of hoping you could tell us,” Logan directed at her.

Jean’s eyes widened as she took in her fallen friends. “I don’t know Scott and I were just standing here and Rogue and Jubilee were making their way towards us when…” her face creased up in thought. “When something or someone crashed into me…that’s all I remember,” she frowned.

“You hurt?” Logan asked trying to hide his disappointment at the lack of information.

Jean shook her head. “No…” she paused.

“But?” Logan asked.

“Nothing,” she murmured. “I just feel a bit off is all.”

“Maybe from hitting your head,” Kitty slipped in.

Jean nodded as she glanced at Scott who was lying beside her.

Scott suddenly groaned as he shifted.

“He’s awake,” Jean directed at them.

Logan snorted and glanced at the still unconscious Rogue in his arms with a frown on his face.

“Anyone get the license plate of the truck that hit me?” Jubilee groaned.

“Jubes!” Kitty yelled as she stumbled to her friend’s side.

“Shhh!” Jubilee murmured.

“Sorry,” Kitty muttered.

Both Scott and Jean were helping Storm to her feet. When they were all standing they glanced at him with concerned faces as Rogue was yet to wake. He glared at them and shifted away from their glances and stood up with Rogue in his arms.

“Logan?” Kitty called in concern.

“What?”

She didn’t answer because suddenly she pressed her hand against her ear piece. “Bobby’s here,” she spoke. “The jet is hidden two fields over.”

“Let’s move then,” Logan started already heading in the direction. “Let me know when any of you remember what the hell happened,” he snarled trying to keep his anger in check.

No one said a thing behind him.

Walking silently through the trees that started to get thicker he kept glancing at Rogue nervously, willing her to wake up.

“Darlin’ you gotta wake up soon,” he spoke. “You can’t leave me alone with these people on the ride back home.”

When he found the jet Bobby was waiting outside with a cheeky smile on his face which fell when he saw Logan approach, his mood hadn’t approved from the walk.

“What happened?” Bobby asked coming down from the ramp.

“Why don’t you ask them,” he jerked his head behind him as he walked up the ramp. “Get into the cockpit and start this thing now.”

Bobby nodded with his eyes trained on Rogue’s unconscious form. “She going to be okay?”

Logan glared at him.

“Right, starting engine now.” He ran to the front of the jet, the others were already clambering on behind him.

Logan ignored them as he sat himself into one of the seats at the back with Rogue in his lap. The back door closed and they were up in the air before Logan could yell at Bobby to hurry up. Everyone was quiet on the ride back, he wondered if it was because of his clear bad mood or if something more serious had happened to them all, the Professor would have to check them all over.

Movement in his lap caught his attention as Rogue shifted, her ass grinding against his crotch as she moved unaware. He hissed at the friction and gripped her hips, regretfully making her stop. He glanced down at her and her eyes opened slowly, her brown irises drinking him in. She smiled up at him, her lips twitching sensually.

“Hey,” he whispered a smile on his own face.

“Hey.” Her smile grew wider as she closed her eyes and stretched a bit with a moan escaping her lips.

He growled low and not in anger, causing her to open her eyes and smile at him knowingly. She shifted up in his lap and let her hands wander up his chest and rest around his neck, her head leaning on his shoulder.

“You alright?”

“Never better,” she murmured against his skin.

His breath hitched.

“You sure?”

“Mhmmm,” she mumbled.

Swiftly, she kissed him on the lips. The jet jerked and she moved back from him a bit, he vaguely noticed his hands were gripping her ass, hard.

“We’re here,” Bobby spoke. The young man turned around and glanced at two of them in the back and broke into a smile. “Rogue, you’re awake!”

Rogue turned around and smiled widely at Bobby. Too widely Logan noticed, he didn’t like it. Bobby blushed at her smile.

“Of course, sugah,” she drawled.

Logan grunted and moved out of his seat not putting Rogue down as she glanced at Bobby who sheepishly turned around to undo his seatbelt. Rogue turned back to face him and kept smiling at him. He scowled and didn’t put her down until they were out of the jet and away from everyone else. With her attention back on him and her hands on his body, he slowly felt his bad mood fade away.