Rogue sighed as she flopped down onto Jubilee’s bed; her hair was still wet after having a series of cold showers.

“You better not start humping my bed.”

Rogue mocked growled and threw a pillow at Jubilee’s head.

“Missed.”

“Whatever,” Rogue sighed again choosing to sit up, she was noticeably fidgety.

Kitty remained flipping through a magazine on the floor as Jubilee moved over to the chair by her desk.

“I figured you’d be off with Logan, you know trying to get off,” Jubilee smirked.

“We were, for a while anyways.”

“Don’t tell me you’ve worn him out.”

“No, he just said that I needed time to figure out what was going on. Then he just got changed and went for a run out in the forest, so I was reduced to Mr. Shower head but Logan turned off all the hot water, told me if I wanted showers they would be cold ones.”

Jubilee snorted. “He just left you after that incident in the conference room?”

Rogue nodded miserably. “He’s worried.”

“We all are,” Kitty added from the floor.

“So what,” Rogue snapped. “I don’t see the big deal, it’s not like Logan has anything to complain about.”

“Oh really,” Kitty retorted sitting up suddenly a sharpness to her eyes. “Logan has nothing to complain about, huh? So you normally go around jumping anything male in front of him. Your lust doesn’t just affect how you feel about Logan, but clearly about every man and I’m sure Logan just loves the idea of you with other men, because you know he does strike me as the type of man that likes to share,” she spat sarcastically. “How would you feel if he went around sleeping with other women, hitting on them in front of you?”

Rogue was silent.

“Do you still love him?” Kitty demanded. “I said do you still…?”

“Yes,” Rogue hissed her fierce eyes meeting Kitty’s.

“You can still differentiate your love and your lust for him?” Kitty asked seriously.

Rogue took longer the second time to answer. “Yes…but…I feel it changing and it’s getting harder to focus on the two, like there’s this line and it’s becoming blurred,” she admitted softly.

“Then no wonder Logan’s worried, he more then anyone can see and feel the change in you and if there’s one thing in this world that I know scares that man it’s losing you and he knows he slowly is and he can’t stop it, he can’t go and fight some opponent, he can’t touch you and use his healing, he can’t…”

“I know,” Rogue interrupted quickly and quietly. “It’s up to me.”

She continued to move around the bed as she folded her legs under her. “I just don’t know how the Professor thinks that sticking us three together is going to help solve our issues,” she spoke nodding at Jubilee who seemed preoccupied on the computer.

“Perhaps he figures we usually always tell each other everything and…” Kitty stopped speaking as she noticed what Jubilee was doing. “Hey!” she yelled and stalked over towards the desk. Jubilee screeched and dropped the mouse she was holding.

“Are you shopping online?” Kitty asked.

Jubilee cowered under Kitty’s glare. “Depends,” Jubilee squeaked. “If I say yes are you going to phase through my chest and rip my heart out?”

Kitty growled.

“Down Kitty-Kat,” Jubilee yelled as she jumped out of the chair and landed on the bed hiding behind Rogue.

Kitty chased after her almost tripping over one of the many unopened boxes and instead phased through them as she stopped just before the bed, suddenly eyeing Rogue.

“What?” Rogue asked perplexed.

“She’s afraid of you,” Jubilee whispered into her ear, Kitty glared at her. “Protect me!”

“Me?”

“Oh come on Rogue, we all know you can kick our two asses,” Jubilee spoke. “Plus we all just witnessed you deck Jean,” she laughed.

“Yeah well, this doesn’t involve me,” Rogue spoke shuffling to the side leaving Jubilee in the open.

Kitty didn’t attack Jubilee instead she joined them on the bed.

“It does involve you Rogue; you should care about as to why Jubilee is filled with greed.”

“To be fair, Roguey here has her own problems,” Jubilee’s soft voice floated between them.

“I don’t see much of a difference, I mean Jubes loves shopping, she’s known for her love of shopping what’s wrong with that!” Rogue added.

“And what, you’re known for being constantly horny?” Jubilee snorted. “That’s a big leap going from the untouchable girl to who you are right now.”

Rogue’s eyes drifted away from them for a second.

“What is it?” Kitty asked.

“Nothing,” Rogue answered shaking her head. “So your saying you don’t like being known for just shopping?” she turned and asked Jubilee one eyebrow rising up. “Is that what the problem is?”

“Hell no!”

All three girls started to laugh.

“Well, Jubes there’s nothing wrong with being known for your shopping sense but I mean even this is way out of your league,” Kitty pointed at all the stuff littering her room. “I mean you never buy lots of stuff, you just like shopping so what changed?”

Jubilee shrugged as she leaned against her head board. “It’s not your fault Kitty, you just wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me.”

“Well I think Rogue would understand.”

“Why not me?” Kitty sounded offended.

“Because you’ve never had to live on your own, you were never a run away; you came from a loving family who cares for you even though you’re a mutant. You’ve never had to survive out there on your own.”

“I get your point but you make it sound like that’s my fault.”

“No,” Jubilee smiled at her. “Before Xavier found me you two only know that I use to live in the mall, using it for shelter and entertainment, sometimes swiping food when I could. And I know it sounds silly but sometimes at night I’d wander through all the shops telling myself someday it would be okay and I’d show everyone that I could make it and I could have anything I wanted, mutant and all. And then suddenly after the park it felt like I could, that nothing was stopping me, I just wanted everything.”

Her eyes clenched shut as her head rolled to the side.

“Jubilee?”

Jubilee opened her eyes as they flashed orange.

“Jubilee are you okay?”

Jubilee was looking up at the ceiling in horror where a stuffed feathered bird was hanging.

“What the hell was I thinking?” she blurted out, her eyes wandering around her room. “I hope I kept the receipts.”

“You’re better!” Kitty yelled and launched herself at Jubilee for a hug.

“I guess I’m going to have to give back the kids their show and tell,” Jubilee muttered.

Rogue smiled at Jubilee sincerely. “Good for you and we didn’t even have to hold hands and sing camp songs.”

Jubilee laughed. “Don’t say that yet we still need to work on you.”

Rogue shrugged. “I honestly don’t know what I’m supposed to say to you guys. It’s not like I was somehow unsatisfied with my sex life before this.”

“You’re right, we can all vouch for that,” Jubilee spoke the mood suddenly losing its happiness from moments before.

They both went to reach for her to hug her in concern but Rogue leapt up off of the bed, her hand rubbing the back of her neck as she paced. “I need another shower,” she mumbled.

There was a hard knock at the door.

“Come in,” Jubilee called.

Logan entered through the door dressed in torn jeans, a large belt buckle and a black t-shirt. His face was hard, his gaze serious as he took them all in. He glanced at Rogue, a question in his stare and she looked away with her face towards the ground, it was answer enough, she wasn’t cured or fixed. She hadn’t had her big realization, she felt like she had disappointed him.

“Hey, Wolvie,” Jubilee called drawing his attention. “I’m gunna need your help taking all this stuff back.” She motioned at the boxes of appliances.

“You’re cured?”

“Yup.”

He grunted. Rogue could feel his gaze back on her even though she wasn’t looking at him. He pushed the door wider stepping to the side and Rogue walked through, ignoring the heat he gave off, the smell of his body as she urged herself to move forward. She stood outside in the hallway leaning against the wood trying desperately to control her urges. She felt something wet fall down her cheeks and she reached up feeling a couple of tears, she was falling apart, her frustration suddenly taking over for her lust for just a moment. She felt like she was a lost cause.

“She’s really trying, Logan.” She heard Jubilee speak seriously inside of the room. She didn’t wait around for Logan’s response instead she headed right for their room, praying she didn’t run into anyone else. She gave a small desperate laugh realizing it was such a stupid thing to wish for. Please God, stop me from jumping anyone who isn’t my boyfriend.