Scott rummaged through the stainless steel cabinets, his back to Jean as she sulked on the medical bed. Finally, he found what he was looking for and turned around as he grabbed the instant cold compress.

“Here,” he spoke kindly as he went and sat beside Jean laying the ice pack across her eye that was already swelling and bruising, it was going to get much worse, Rogue was known for her fierce hand to hand skills.

“Thanks,” Jean mumbled.

They sat side by side silently.

“I can’t believe she hit me,” Jean spoke quietly; there was unexpectedly no anger in her words.

Scott snorted. “Well, you did kind of insult her and hit on Logan, which at the time I don’t think you could have picked a worse moment, they were both kind of caught up in each other.”

Scott reached over and grabbed a small towel to wrap the pack in, Jean watched him as he fidgeted with it.

“Are you mad that I hit on Logan?”

Scott sighed. “In past yeah you bet I would have been but believe me I just got my own wake up call a few minutes ago, I know what it’s like to be controlled by the sin, and I know you don’t think of Logan that way and I definitely know, no I think we all know Rogue’s the only one he thinks about.” Scott gave a small laugh at the end.

“Yeah,” Jean grumbled.

Raising a finger up he pushed a lock of her red hair behind her ear. “Is that what this is about, that Logan no longer flirts with you, because that’s been years ago and I mean gradually we all know it was him just being playful not serious.”

“No,” Jean sighed.

“Then…”

“Maybe it’s not that simple, Scott. Just because you and Storm were cured so easily doesn’t mean the rest of us will be.” Jean sighed. “I’m worried about Rogue though, hers seems the most destructive right now and she’s always distracted, how will she find the time to focus.”

“You’re worried about Rogue?” Scott asked a bit of disbelief in his voice.

Jean glared at him. “Of course I’m worried about her, I care about her.”

“I know that, but I mean your not thinking envious thoughts about her right now?”

Jean paused for a moment. “Well…she’s like a sister to me. Her, Jubilee and Kitty have all grown up so well, proving their worth on the team and…”

Jean’s forehead creased. “I don’t know…maybe I just sometimes feel old,” she gave him a sheepish smile. “We use to be the young ones, the new ones and now I don’t know sometimes I just feel pushed out of the way…it’s stupid.”

The ice pack slipped from her hands as she grasped her head her eyes flashing green.

“Uh, just what I need a headache as well,” she murmured.

She raised her head up and Scott was smiling at her. “Welcome back.”

He leaned in and kissed her temple softly. “I understand you know how you feel but really you can’t let such dark thoughts eat at you. None of our friends are trying to take over; I know for a fact that they look up to us even though we may not always get along. Besides there are some benefits to being the seniors,” he laughed. “We just have new roles to play, no longer the students but the teachers.”

Jean cupped his cheek. “I know I should have just faced it a long time ago.” She teasingly ran her finger tips along the new stubble on his jaw. “You need to shave.”

“I need to shower,” he laughed as he looked down at his clothes. “And change.”

Jean picked at the waistline of his sweats as she playfully gasped. “Scott! You’re underwear doesn’t match your socks.” Noticing the two different colours.

“I know,” he grimaced. “The horror.”

They both laughed as Scott helped her off of the table.