“Why have you called me here, Professor?” Storm asked highly.

Jubilee snorted. “The question really being why you have called all of us here, some of us do have better things to do.”

“Definitely,” Rogue smirked winking at Logan.

“Still not feeling sorry for you, mate,” Bobby spoke nodding his head at Logan and Rogue.

“I better not catch you alone with her anytime soon,” Logan growled.

“Afraid she won’t be able to keep her hands off of me,” Bobby smirked safely across the table.

Kitty laughed and quickly placed her hand over her mouth when everyone stared at her. “Sorry,” she mumbled and tried not to laugh again as she looked at Bobby. “I wouldn’t start bragging Bobby considering the only way that would happen is because of the spell she’s under. It wouldn’t mean anything to her, just self gratification.”

Bobby grumbled and glanced back at Rogue who wasn’t even paying attention as she leaned in and blew against Logan’s ear.

“Whatever.”

The Professor as usual sat at the head of the table. “I have called you all here because there is a serious matter we must all attend to…”

“Like the fact that you’ve placed restrictions on some of us and our credit cards,” Jubilee interrupted.

“You know Jubilee you are right,” the Professor spoke. Jubilee leaned back in her chair a little surprised.

“You five have all been infected by a mutant’s powers, the one who bumped into you at the park. Each of you has been hit with a deadly sin and…”

“Oh, please Professor I am not infected,” Storm spat, her back perfectly straight against the chair.

“Neither I’m I,” Jubilee spoke up.

“Really?” the Professor questioned his eyebrows rising up. “Jubilee when’s the last time you found yourself thinking about anything but acquiring new things, the last time you thought about going out with your friends?”

Jubilee opened her mouth to respond but her forehead creased in thought. “I don’t know,” she sat back confused.

“And Jean when’s the last time you remember feeling anything but disappointment and being miserable, constantly envious of those around you until the point that you’ve become depressed?”

Jean huffed and crossed her arms. “The least I could have had was a cool sin,” she muttered, glaring at Rogue who was nuzzling against Logan’s neck.

Kitty rolled her eyes.

“And Scott…”

“Really, Professor is there a point to this,” Storm interrupted.

“’Ro, I think you forgot to wear your royal crown today when you came out of your room,” Jubilee snickered, she was unaware as Storm glared at her, her face becoming serious as her eyes became unfocused. “A crown, that’s a good idea, made out of gold with a big ruby and…”

“Jubes, focus.”

“Uh, right.”

“Each of you was infected with each particular sin for a reason and in order to cure you of it, you must each face whatever it is inside of you that has been causing you issues, issues that you’ve hidden from us all, from yourself.”

“Is this where we get all touchy feely with each other…” Jubilee started as she glanced at Rogue.

“Well, I mean Rogue’s already got that down,” she quipped, as Rogue nipped at Logan’s ear. Jubilee stifled a laugh at the restrained look on his face. “And then we all sing kumbaya songs in a circle holding hands.”

The Professor sighed. “This is very serious, Jubilee. If you do not face your problems, then the sin inside of you will continue to grow out of control and you will die.”

Jubilee stopped laughing as she saw how serious he was.

“Fine,” Jubilee muttered. “But I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Since this meeting has nothing to do with me I’m going to leave,” Storm spoke up, her eyes narrowing in disgust as Scott leisurely put his feet up on the table.

“Ororo, please.”

“What are you asking of me, Professor, my help?” she gave a small laugh. “In the past it has seemed my word holds hardly any merit.”

“What do you mean?” the Professor sat back perplexed.

“Merely, that I am second in command of this team, I have been with you for years and still it is though at times I am not here, or that you do not believe in my ability to lead the team,” she spoke hauntingly, before leaning forward her hands grasping her head as her eyes flashed purple.

“Oww,” she murmured. She sat up her eyes blinking in confusion. “I’m sorry I don’t know what came over me.”

“It works,” Kitty exclaimed. “Brian was right, there can be a cure.”

The Professor grasped Storm’s hand. “I am sorry you feel this way, Ororo. I have never doubted you or your skills, you are a valuable asset to this team and to this family, I’m sorry if you have felt otherwise,” he sighed. “In the past few years there have been many distractions and it would seem some of us got lost within the way. Forgive me.”

“There is no need Charles, perhaps it was in my own head and over time…”

“No matter,” he smiled. “There is sometimes always a piece of truth in what we say at times like these.”

Her eyes wandered around the table. “Dear Goddess, I have been such a jerk,” she gasped.

Kitty gave a small laugh. “Nah, it was kind of fun obliging your ego.” She winked and for the first time they witnessed Storm blush.

“She can have the team,” Scott grumbled as he lounged in his chair.

Everyone selectively gasped and stared wide eyed at Scott. “What did you just say Scooter?”

“What you didn’t hear me Wolverine,” he spat. “I said Storm can have the team.”

“But why?”

Scott shrugged as he leaned back and closed his eyes. “Because…because I’ve had enough of it. Enough of always having to round you guys up when you don’t want to participate, enough of being the proverbial ‘stick in the mud’. I can never just have a moment to myself lately.”

“Ughh,” he mumbled, leaning forward as he too grasped his head, when he opened his eyes they flashed light blue as he blinked.

When he gazed down at his messy appearance he jumped up his eyes wide in shock as several crumbs fell off his stained and ragged shirt. “What?” he gasped.

“I’d say we have our fearless leader back, but I think he might be in shock from the lack of crispness of his clothes,” Bobby quipped.

Quickly, Scott ripped his shirt up over his head leaving him clad in a white under shirt. Rogue rapidly leaned up in her seat as she eyed his muscular bare arms and the way his muscles strained against his shirt, her eyes sparkling. Logan noticed and growled low as he placed his hand possessively on her thigh and she immediately sat back and curled up beside him. She threw him a sheepish look as her hand moved inside of his shirt grazing across his muscles.

“Dear God,” Scott gasped.

“What is it, Scott?” Bobby asked excitedly. “You suddenly realize you haven’t worked out for the past couple of days,” he snickered.

“Or that you haven’t gone over you student’s homework twice, no make that four times”

As Bobby teased Scott, Rogue shifted into Logan’s lap gripping his hair and kissing him hard rubbing herself against his body.

“Or that you haven’t had a shower, therefore your toenails aren’t cut exactly even,” Bobby laughed to himself not realizing the attention was suddenly diverted.

“Marie,” Logan mumbled against her lips, his hands up in the air as though he was trying to play the victim when it was clear that under the table his hips were moving in tune with hers. “Not…..here….”

She bit his lip as she continued to attack his mouth wantonly, he was extremely glad no one else had his senses at the precise moment. Although from the way the room was heating up he realized perhaps it didn’t matter.

“Marie…” He got his hands wrapped around her arms and pulled her back. “Stop it,” he spoke slowly, his eyes boring into hers.

“But…don’t you…like it when I do that,” she asked in confusion her lower lip sticking out as she pouted and he had to restrain every part of himself from leaning up and taking it in his mouth as he sucked at it.

“Yes, but not here not now.”

Her face darkened, her eyes becoming hard as they still glazed with a fire of desire that they were almost unrecognizable. His body froze.

“Now,” she demanded, glaring at him.

“No,” he spoke back his voice taking on an equal edge; her skin was burning beneath his hands.

And not even Jubilee chose to make a joke about the fact that he was openly turning down sex, they were all quiet, the room filled with a tension as though they finally realized how much of a joke it wasn’t. How serious things really were, how different.

Her eyes narrowed and her mouth opened up for a second and he could tell that whatever she said was going to something horrible and dark but there was a quick moment where he saw something flutter beneath her hardened eyes as they softened a bit and she shut her mouth. He relaxed. However, she no longer looked at him with heated eyes instead she turned and gazed at Scott with open hunger. She shifted up in his lap and he growled, his hand coming up and grasping her jaw and he whirled her face back round to his a mere centimeters away from each other.

“You look at me, not him, not anyone else do you understand,” he snarled almost too low for the entire room to hear, his fingers digging into her skin, his hand shaking her lightly. “He’s not yours and you’re not his, you’re mine, you belong to me,” he hissed through clenched teeth.

“I am yours, but just because I say no that doesn’t mean you go and look somewhere else,” his voice becoming harder and lower as he spoke, his eyes becoming a hue of amber in the light.

“Do you understand?” He shook her jaw again for emphasis. Her mouth was clenched shut but her eyes never looked away from his, never blinked as she gave a small nod.

“Good. Control it,” he spat, his body taunt with animal anger, the beast finally spilling out of him, refusing to accept what was happening with his mate. He released her and she bowed her head slowly leaning down as she rested her head on his chest beneath his chin, suddenly docile. Slowly, on the outside his body relaxed but on the inside the Wolverine was raging. Rogue didn’t cry nor was there any fear coming off of her.

Some of the others averted their gazes suddenly getting an inside glimpse of things. He didn’t care if he came off like a bastard, they all knew he’d never ever hurt her, that he never tried to control her. But he had a feeling none of them were looking at him in disgust, more like pity, pity for the both of them.

Rogue rested against him as his hand lay across the small of her back possessively, caressing her only lightly. She was his, but just as much he was hers and she just needed a little bit of reminding what that meant for the two of them, how it went beyond anything else. Him having to reinstate that they were each other’s mates, that he wasn’t just a fling. That was what Brian had told them, it was important to hold on to their relationship, she had to remember that it was more.

“I see your point, Professor,” Jubilee whispered grimly.

Jean snorted from where she sat beside Logan. “What point?” she spat, her face twisting into an ugly mask. “Maybe he just wasn’t in the mood for her…”

“Jean,” the Professor spoke warningly.

“Maybe,” Jean spoke as she turned in her chair her hand coming to rest on his arm. “He just wants a real woman.”

Logan’s upper lip twitched as he growled angrily but it was Rogue who reacted first. There was a loud crack as Rogue’s fist connected with Jean’s face, the force throwing the other woman back in her chair and toppling over.

“Stay away from him,” Rogue hissed an animalistic look in her eyes, an exact look that was mirrored on Logan’s face.

Logan didn’t even spare a glance at Jean instead he felt his body tightening at Rogue’s display. The Wolverine which he had just buried moments ago resurfacing and he knew she could feel the strain against his pants, but she didn’t move instead her finger nails were digging into his thigh drawing blood and he could see blood trickling down her other hand as she dug her own nails into her skin for control. In that moment all he wanted to do was grab her and fuck her right up against the wall no matter who else was in the room. Both their bodies hummed, their chests rising with each breath as they stared at each other. But he knew he couldn’t let his own lust draw hers out, not at the very moment.

“Scott please take Jean to the med lab,” the Professor spoke through their haze. “And I believe Logan, both you and Rogue should leave.” There was no anger in his words, but surprisingly understanding.

Logan bit back a growl and both he and Rogue moved quickly out of the room, their eyes never darting towards anyone else. Once outside the door he pushed her up against the wall bucking his crotch into hers and she gave a breathy moan as her hands dragged across his shirt. His breathing was heavy as well as he leaned over her, his eyes closing for a second in satisfaction as Rogue moved against him, her mouth closing around his nipple even through his shirt. Her breasts were pressed up hard against him as she arched for contact, she was desperate for the feel for him and he had finally given in and made the first move. They seemed to be beyond a place where words existed as he struggled to find them.

“Not here,” he whispered huskily.

She nodded in understanding. He wanted to take her back to their room before they got into it, to their territory, their place where they could revel in each other’s presence, let their inner beasts come out to play. There was no incessant nagging voice in the back of his head telling him it was wrong, that maybe he was taking advantage of her condition, because he could see the clarity in her eyes, the fact that their overriding natures were coming out to play seemed to reinforce their relationship.

He just hoped that afterwards he would be able to stop, for her sake and he realized for his own.