Author's Chapter Notes:
Please forgive my impatience but I couldn’t wait to get this beta read – just like always. I will apologize now for any and all errors. I’d like to thank my buddy Chris for her friendship and everything else.

As the sun began to rise and the vast array of colors started to brighten the sky as they peeked through the forest of trees, Logan actually sighed. He tightened his hold on the woman in his arms, the one whose head was resting lightly against his chest and whose body was laying across his lap. He gently adjusted his tuxedo jacket around her before sweeping a stray lock of white hair from her face.

The previous night hadn't exactly been what he'd expected his homecoming would be. At no time did he ever imagine that he would dress up in a tuxedo and escort Marie to her senior prom. Hell, he hadn't even expected to tell her of his feelings for her, not yet anyway. Then there had been the little chat with the professor and all the dancing and there was Marie looking more beautiful then she had a right to look. It had all happened so fast but he didn't regret a thing and he'd never been happier.

They'd talked for a long time, cuddled together on the wrought iron bench in the garden. Logan told her what little he'd found in Canada and she told him about her impending graduation and how excited she was about her approaching eighteenth birthday. They'd talked about everything and nothing until Rogue finally rested her head on his shoulder and had drifted off to sleep.

Logan had been tempted to carry her back inside and take her to bed but he wasn't sure where to take her. He couldn't really take her to his room, which was where she'd been staying, and he couldn't take her to her room, or at least the room that had been hers before he left, because of the other girls that stayed there. So instead he'd shifted his position enough for her to slide into his lap before wrapping his arms around her to make sure she was warm until she woke up.

Watching the colors change and mix together with the rising sun, Logan noticed for the first time in his life the beauty of a sunrise. In all the years he could remember, he couldn't remember ever having just sat and watched as the sun came up. Of course he'd never been in love before so maybe that was what had him sitting there in awe of the spectacle of Mother Nature he was observing.

Rogue shifted slightly in his lap and Logan moved a gloved-hand to gently caress her cheek. The touch produced a small sigh just as dark brown eyes fluttered open and a smile played at the corners of her mouth.

"Good mornin', darlin'," Logan greeted her with a smile of his own and a tender squeeze.

"Wha' time is it?" Rogue asked as she stretched.

"It's about six," he informed her softly, watching her as she sat up and stared across the courtyard toward the horizon.

"What a beautiful sunrise," she sighed as she settled once more against the back of the bench and rested her head on Logan's shoulder.

"Yep," Logan agreed, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer.

Rogue turned her gaze from the sunrise to look at the man beside her. "Have ya ever seen anythin' more beautiful than that?" she asked sweeping her hand out in front of them to gesture at the sunrise.

Logan stared out at the horizon for a moment before tilting his head to look at her. "Actually I have," he informed her. "Just a few minutes ago when I was looking down at you sleeping in my arms."

Chewing nervously on her lower lip, Rogue didn't know what to say. After last night she shouldn't have been surprised but she was. She couldn't believe that Logan, of all people, was actually saying something like that to her. "Did ya get any sleep?" she asked changing the subject.

Opening his mouth to respond, a huge yawn answered for him.

"Ah'll take that as a no."

Logan dropped his head just a little. "I wasn't sure that last night wasn't a dream and if it was ... I didn't want it to end."

Rogue lifted her gloved hand to his face and smoothed it across the now full-grown sideburns. "It wadn't a dream, Logan," she assured him tenderly.

Raising his own hand, Logan pressed hers more tightly against his cheek and nodded. "You're right, Marie. It's a dream come true."

"Logan," she called her tone and expression changing slightly, "wha' d'ya think the others'll think?"

"Does it matter?" Logan wanted to know. Maybe that was something he should have asked her last night, before he gave her his heart on a silver platter.

"No, Ah's just wonderin'. Wha' d'ya think the professor'll say? D'ya think he'll ask ya t' leave?" It was plain in her voice that she was afraid that was exactly what was going to happen.

"Nope, he won't ask me to leave, darlin'," he assured her. "He's the one that encouraged me to tell you."

Rogue pulled away from Logan's arms abruptly and turned to face him with an incredulous look. "What?"

Logan had to laugh. "That's exactly what I thought. Here was the one man that I was sure wouldn't approve practically ordering me to be with you."

"Ah guess he knows we belong t'gether. Wha' 'bout Scott ... and Jean?" Rogue asked, concerned mostly with the latter or rather Logan's concern for the latter.

"I don't really give a damn what One-Eye thinks and as for Jean ... well, I think she'll be happy for us,"

Logan told her, noticing how closely Rogue was watching his reaction. "You don't still think I'm interested in Jean?"

Quickly Rogue looked away. "Ah know ya're attracted t' her, Logan. Ah have ya in mah head, 'member?"

"Marie, look at me," Logan demanded firmly pulling her chin around so she faced him. "I'm pretty damn good at convincing myself of things that aren't necessarily true. It's a survival instinct that I learned a long time ago. You're the one I want and you're the one I need."

"Why?" Rogue asked suddenly, the word escaping her mouth before she knew it was coming.

Logan shook his head as his eyes settled on hers. "I dunno, darlin', I just know it's true. I know that you make me feel things that I've never felt before. You make me see things differently, like the sunrise this morning - I'd never noticed one before. Why do you want me?"

"Cause when ya're here Ah feel whole an' Ah feel safe," she returned softly. "Ah...

"It's not as easy as you thought, is it?" Logan asked her. "Love isn't something that's easy to describe or define, it just is."

"Ya really are a romantic at heart, ain't ya?" Rogue questioned with a knowing smile.

"Shh," Logan hissed teasingly, "don't say that so loud." They laughed softly for a moment then his expression became serious again. "Because it's only for you, Marie. You make me more man than animal."

"Ya're awl man, Logan," she drawled sweetly, looking at him from underneath her lashes.

The growl that escaped his lips started somewhere down in his belly and she felt it rumble up into his chest. Rogue looked at him wide-eyed as she chewed lightly on her lower lip.

"Come on," Logan said a little gruffly, rising from the bench and pulling her to her feet. "We should probably get inside before everyone wakes up and finds us gone."

Logan led Marie to the side entrance where they paused long enough for her to take off her heels so they wouldn't make noise against the hard wood flooring. He opened the door carefully and ushered her inside before closing it again just as easy. Taking her hand again in his, Logan had taken about three steps before a cry stopped them both in their tracks.

"Where in the hell have you two been?"

They turned in tandem to find Scott Summers stalking toward them and he was quite obviously not pleased. He was still wearing the tuxedo pants from the night before along with a rumple T-shirt and a pair of sneakers. He looked tired too - like maybe he'd up all night.

"We were in the garden," Logan informed him with a growl before turning to start again for the stairs.

"In the garden?" Scott shouted. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Is if on cue, the huge grandfather clock in the hallway began to ring the hour.

"Six o'clock," Rogue offered once the clock was through chiming.

Scott nodded tersely. "That's right. It's six o'clock in the morning. I have been out looking for you two all night long."

Logan shrugged. "I guess you shoulda looked in the garden."

Scott was fuming now - there was no two ways about that. "Rogue," he called tightly, turning to face her, "go to your room please."

"Mister Summers, Ah..."

"Go to your room, Rogue," the teacher snapped.

Logan was in his face in a heartbeat. "Don't you bark at her, you fucking prick!"

"Logan," Rogue cried suddenly from his side, a gentle hand on his arm.

"It's all right, Marie," he assured her backing up a little. "You go on to your room, darlin'. I'll see you later."

Rogue looked at him and nodded before turning to Scott. "Ah'm sorry, Mister Summers. We didn't mean t' make ya worry."

The tension in Scott's jaw eased as he shifted his ruby-red gaze at her. "I'm sorry I snapped at you, Rogue. I'm just tired."

"Logan," Rogue called to him with a bit of warning in her tone, not to mention the look that told him to behave. Then she turned and started up the stairs.

Logan waited until she was out of sight before turning to Scott and stepping toward him again. "The next time you talk to her like that you better have your affairs in order," he said, his voice level but tight with barely controlled rage.

Scott squared his shoulders and faced Logan without backing down. "And the next time you keep that girl out until six o'clock in the morning than you better be ready to have your ass thrown out on the street."

"If I leave she'll be coming with me," Logan returned coolly before turning away and heading up the stairs.

"Good morning, Logan," Jean greeted him with a smile as they passed on the stairway.

"It was," Logan retorted gruffly, glancing over his shoulder at Scott before moving on.

Jean Grey stood there for a moment looking after Logan before shifting her gaze to Scott. She'd been surprised to discover him gone when she woke up that morning and from the look of him, he hadn't just gotten up. "Scott, what's going on?"

Sighing, Scott shook his head then tilted it to look at her. "Kitty and Jubilee woke me about one to say that Rogue and Logan had disappeared," he informed her. "I spent the night looking for them and Logan's brings her in at six in the morning and acts like all's well."

"Why didn't you wake me?" Jean wondered. "If you were that worried I could have found them easy enough."

"That's not the point, Jean!" Now he knew he was really tired because he never snapped like that at her.

"I know, Scott," she returned calmly knowing exactly what the problem was. "You're just going to have to get over it. It looks like he's here to stay and my guess would be that he and Rogue are together now."

"You're okay with that?" Scott demanded.

Jean smiled at her fiancé. "It's not my decision, Scott, but yeah, I'm okay with that. I'm happy for them, I think they make a good pair."

Scott looked at her like she was crazy. "How can you say that, Jean? He's not at all right for her, she's just a girl and he's ... well, he's an asshole. And he's old enough to be her... I don't know, her grandfather at least."

"Should I be concerned that you seemed more upset about Logan being with Rogue than you were when he was flirting with me?" Jean asked, hiding a smile.

"Jean!"

Laughing she moved forward and wrapped her arms around Scott's neck before kissing him lightly on the very tense line of his jaw. "I'm teasing, Scott. Listen, honey, please promise me that you'll just reserve judgement for a little while. It's a month until graduation, give Logan a month to prove to you that his intentions are honorable and that he and Rogue are right for each other. Please ... for me?"

Scott was going to say no until Jean started kissing that spot on his neck just below his ear.

"Please," she purred again in his ear.

"Okay," he finally agreed. "One month but if he keeps her out past curfew one more time, I'm going to kick his ass."

"Fair enough," Jean agreed, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him toward the stairs. "Come on, Oh Protector of Teenaged Mutants."

Scott couldn't help but laugh as Jean hauled him up the stairs and into their room.


Rogue made her way up the stairs and slipped into her room, well, Logan's room again now. She quickly packed up the things she'd moved from the dorm and took one last look at her sanctuary before turning to the door. She had almost reached it when a soft knock broke the silence in the room. "Come in."

The door opened and Logan stuck his head in, flashing her a smile.

"Ah'm surprised t' see ya so soon," she stated lightly. "Ah didn't think daddy'd be done with ya yet."

Logan laughed as he stepped into the room. "Yeah, well daddy can kiss my ass if he thinks he's gonna keep us apart. You runnin' again?" he asked after a long pause, looking suspiciously at her bags.

"Nope," she shook her head. "Jus' movin' mah thin's back t' mah own room so's ya can have yers."

"You don't have to you know," Logan told her. "Gimme my room back I mean."

"Where're ya gonna stay if Ah don't?" Rogue wanted to know.

Logan's smile was mischievous as his eyebrow quirked high onto his forehead. "I'm sure I can find someplace to stay. Actually Chuck told me about another room that's free so if you wanna stay here you can."

"Where's this other room?" she wanted to know before making a final decision.

"It's at the other end of the building on the fourth floor," Logan told her.

"Ah think ya should stay here instead," Rogue told him. "It ain't really fair fer me t' have mah own room when all the other girls mah age have t' share. 'Sides, if ya stay here then we're at least on the same floor an' only a few doors apart."

"Which is why I think I should move up to the other room," Logan stated seriously. "I ain't exactly known for my restraint, Marie."

Rogue had to stifle a giggle. "Well if its any help, Ah'm sure mah new daddy'll be watchin' ever'thin' from across the hall."

"That's what I'm afraid of," he assured her.

"Are ya tellin' me that the big, bad Wolverine's afraid of little ol' One-Eye?"

Logan shook his head. "Okay, so this is a challenge and I've never been one to back down from a challenge. I'll stay here and you go back to the dorm."

Happy to have him staying so close once again Rogue was smiling from ear to ear. "Ah guess Ah'll see ya in a little while."

"Marie," Logan called to her as she started to leave, taking her arm gently. He waited until she looked up at him before he leaned down and kissed her cheek where it was protected by her hair. "Thanks for the room."

Rogue raked her teeth across her bottom lip then smiled sweetly before leaning into him and kissing his whiskery cheek. "Thanks fer last night, Logan."

With a smile he watched her leave.

Pulling the door shut tightly behind her, Rogue made the short walk down the hallway toward the dorm room she shared. She paused at the threshold and looked back at the door she'd just exited. With a grin she reached for the door handle and started inside.

"Rogue!!"

The unexpected shout startled her as she moved into the room. Glancing up she noticed Kitty, Jubilee and Lori all sitting together on Kitty's bed looking totally worn out.

"Hey, guys," Rogue greeted, making her way to her own bunk.

"Excuse me?" Jubilee demanded incredulously. "'Hey, guys'. Is all you have to say to us, Rogue?"

Rogue shrugged. "Did y'all have fun las' night?"

"We did until you and grandpa wolfman disappeared," Jubilee shouted. "It kind of went down hill from there."

"We've been up all night worrying about you, Rogue," Kitty added sharply. "We even woke up Mister Summers."

"Ah know," she nodded affirmatively. "Ah'm sorry, Ah didn't know we'd be out awl night. We jus' went fer a walk in the garden an' Ah fell asleep an' Logan didn't wanna wake me."

"You spent the night with Logan the Wolverine?" Lori asked excitedly.

"Well yeah ... why?"

"Oh my God!" Jubilee screeched, jumping up and moving to sit on Rogue's bed with her. "Details, girl, details."

"Yeah, Rogue," Lori nodded with a growing smile. "How was it?"

Even Kitty seemed excited as she joined the cluster of girls. "Tell us everything."

"Wha' d'ya mean?" Rogue asked confused by their sudden turn.

"What do you mean, what do we mean?" Jubilee retorted loudly. "What was it like sending the night with Wolverine?"

"It was nice," she assured her friends. "Ah woke up in his arms with the sun risin'..."

"Who cares how you woke up, tell us about before you fell sleep," Lori demanded anxiously, cutting her off with a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows.

Finally Rogue realized what they were asking. "Nothin' happened if that's what ya wanna know," she informed her friends. "Well that's not entirely true. Somethin' did happen but not what y'all are thinkin'."

"So what did happen?" Kitty wanted to know.

Rogue looked from her to the other girls to see if you were still listening. "Logan and I were talkin', ya know catchin' up on ever'thin' since he's been gone. Well, he tol' me that he missed me an' that he wanted t' be t'gether with me."

Jubilee screeched again and the other girls were forced to cover their ears for protection. "Girl, you are so lucky. That man is so hot!"

"No kidding, clean him up a little and he's the hottest thing this side of the sun," Lori agreed wholeheartedly.

"Don't even bother cleaning him up," Kitty objected. "I remember seeing him in the gym before all that Magneto stuff. Oh my God! I didn't know a hairy, sweaty body could look that good."

"Ya guys," Rogue cried indignantly before her tone changed to that of the average teen girl discussing boys. "That's mah boyfriend yer talkin' 'bout."

Then all four girls squealed and all was forgiven.


Logan could hear the squealing clear in his room and he was pretty damn certain what it was all about. It didn't matter though, for the first time he could remember he was fine with the fact that he was the topic of conversation. He'd changed out of the tuxedo into a pair of sweats and was about to head to the gym when a knock on his door drew his attention.

"Yeah?" he called impatiently.

The door opened a little then a little bit more before Jean slipped into the room and closed the door behind her.

"You're turn huh?" Logan questioned, defiantly crossing his arms over his chest. "Scott send you up here to yell at me too?"

"Logan, Scott doesn't send me anywhere," Jean assured him, her eyes blazing with the passion of a true redhead. "I came here to give you a little advice but if you'd rather be the asshole that Scott thinks you are then I'll just go."

"Jean," Logan called after her as she reached for the door.

She waited for a good minute before she turned back to face him. "I don't know why I'm telling you this but here goes. I think you're really good for Rogue but this is a school, Logan, and she's still seventeen. You need to make sure that you have her home before curfew or the next time I will help Scott throw you out."

"And like I told him, if I leave she's coming with me," Logan retorted calmly.

Jean nodded slowly. "That's why I want to make sure that doesn't happen. She loves you, Logan, but she needs us too. Now despite your rough exterior, you have a kind and gentle soul. I know that Rogue's safe with you but know this, if you ever hurt her, you will be sorry. You would not even believe what I could do to you."

"I ain't worried, Jeannie," Logan assured her, "because if I ever hurt her, which I won't, I'll do worse to myself than anyone else could even think about doin'."

"That might be true, but that won't stop me if you're still alive," Jean returned honestly. "Now, I know the professor is behind you two, so am I. I think that Ororo will be too and if the squeals coming from Rogue's room are any indication so are her friends."

"Guess that just leaves Cyke," Logan offered.

"That's right," Jean nodded. "And as a personal favor to me he's agreed to reserve judgement for the time being. You have until graduation to prove to him that you're right for each other. You might want to start by showing a little respect and calling him by his name," she suggested sharply.

"Actually I'd say I have until Rogue's birthday which is about a week shy of graduation," Logan corrected.

"Once she's eighteen Scotty boy can't say a thing, not that he really can now since he ain't really her daddy, he's just actin' like it."

"We all care about what happens to her, Logan," Jean stated levelly.

"No one more than me, Jean," he assured her before she left.


And so the countdown to graduation began. The whole air around the school changed as seniors prepared for their final exams and started making summer plans to make the most of their last few months before college. Even Logan found the mood infectious - or maybe it was just spending more time with Marie but whatever it was, he wasn't exactly the big, bad Wolverine that most feared and few liked. He was even nice to Scott, sickeningly so for the most part. It was the new form of torture he'd devised for the fearless leader of the X-Men. If he wanted to act like Marie's father then Logan would treat him that way. "Yes, Mister Summers, sir; no, Mister Summers, sir. I'll have you're daughter back before curfew, Mister Summers." It was almost more fun then teasing him about his eye and Scott hated it just as much. Bonus!

Logan helped quiz Rogue on her studies, prepping her for the upcoming exams. When he couldn't help her, he'd sit and watch her while she did her homework, usually at the desk in his room but sometimes in the library. Logan had put his foot down about that from the beginning, homework first. Of course Rogue had teased him about already having a father figure and how she didn't need another one but he'd insisted and she'd caved so homework was always first thing after classes.

Once that was done they'd spend the rest of the evening together talking and just enjoying being together. They cuddled a lot and touched a little - Rogue was still only seventeen after all and Logan really wasn't in any hurry. Besides you could only do so much touching with the door to the hallway hanging wide open and every kid in the mansion making five or six trips a night past the door.

The door remaining opened when they were in Logan's room alone was of course one of Scott's rules and while Logan thought it did more damage to the young population of the school then letting them wonder what they were doing behind the door, Logan agreed. "Yes, Mister Summers. I wouldn't dream of being in a bedroom alone with your daughter without the door opened."

On movie night they would cuddle together in the corner of the couch with Logan's arms wrapped around her as they spent as much time watching each other as glancing at the screen. Despite how happy they both were at being together, Logan began to sense a change in Marie's mood the closer it got to graduation. He knew it had something to do with the fact that most of the kids her age had trips planned and would be going off to college and she'd be staying right where she was. The professor had encouraged her to apply at several universities but she told him that it was too risky for her to leave and that she wanted to stay there if they'd have her.

With her birthday quickly approaching, Logan hoped that his gift would help. It wasn't much but it came from the heart and he hoped that would be enough. At the moment his bigger concern was a graduation gift. Seeing how she lit up when Kitty, Bobby or Jubilee talked about the trip they'd planned to Mexico, then watching a sadness creep into her face when they left, Logan had decided to take her somewhere. He just wasn't certain where. He wanted the trip to be extra special and he wanted it to be a surprise but he also wanted to go somewhere that she wanted to go. With just two weeks left until graduation time was running out for getting something planned.

At the moment Logan was sprawled out on the bed, lying on his stomach, watching Marie as she hunched over his desk doing her homework. He'd been racking his brain for a week trying to think of some place nice to take her. Some place where she'd he happy and feel comfortable - in other words, somewhere other than the beach or some other tropical locale that most of the other students were going.

A movement outside the door caught his attention and Logan looked up into the hallway. He felt a growl threaten as he noticed the same kid, the boy must have been about twelve maybe, walking passed the door for about the tenth time that evening. Tamping down on the urge, Logan gestured to the boy with his head. "C'mere," he called out.

Rogue looked over her shoulder ready to admonish Logan for interrupting her important study time (she loves sarcasm by the way) when she noticed that he was staring out the door into the hall. She glanced briefly at the kid frozen in shock, one of the newest to the school, then turned back to her book.

Out in the hallway the boy was doing a pretty good imitation of a deer caught in the headlights of a truck. He was standing stock still, staring at Logan like he had just sprouted a second head. The kid actually lifted a hand and poked his thumb into his chest. "Me?" he asked weakly.

"Yeah," Logan nodded, beckoning him with his finger and pronouncing each word carefully. "Come here."

Slowly the kid moved into the room, swallowing hard as he stepped through the threshold. Still he continued walking until he was right in front of Logan then he stopped.

Logan regarded him critically for a moment then pinned him with a hard look. "What are you doing?"

"Excuse me?" the boy stammered, his voice cracking with fear.

"What... Are... You... Doing?" Logan repeated slowly, emphasizing each word.

The kid swallowed again, obviously nervous. "What do you mean?" he asked in a small voice.

This time Logan did growl, with a rumble that shook the bed beneath him. "You've walked past that door five times in the last twenty minutes. What the hell are you doing?"

Rogue looked over her shoulder in time to see the kid take a frightened step away from Logan.

"I was just..."

"Yeah?" Logan prompted when the kid fell silent.

"They told me that you have claws," the boy stated boldly, the words coming out in a rush.

Biting her lower lip to keep from laughing, Rogue watched the exchange in case the boy should need help. Logan had, after all, been being extremely nice and friendly lately. He was overdue for a little hell raising.

"Who told you that?" Logan demanded roughly.

"Some of the older guys," he announced quietly. "They said that they even saw you stab someone with them once."

Logan cocked his head to the side to look at Marie as he rubbed the knuckles of one hand against the palm of the other. She was staring at him with an unreadable look in her eyes. After a moment he looked back at the boy. "That's true," he nodded, his sorrow over the incident plain in his tone.

The boy's eyes widened in horror.

"But it was an accident," Logan added quickly. "I was having a nightmare and they tried to wake me and I reacted badly."

"Did you kill them?"

"No," he assured the boy, glancing again at Rogue. "Thank God, I didn't."

The boy nodded and offered Logan a small smile before turning to leave.

"Is that what you were hoping to see walking back and forth outside my door?" Logan asked. "Were you thinking you'd see my claws?"

Again the kid nodded. "I was just wondering if they were sort of like mine," he said, raising his hands and balling them into fists. After a few seconds each of the middle joints of his fingers jutted out into razor sharp claws about an inch long.

Rogue and Logan exchanged a quick glance then Logan curled his body around and sat up at the foot of the bed beside where the kid was standing.

"Those are pretty nice," he told the boy, sensing the kid's unease about showing them. "Those are way better than mine because yours are natural."

The boy just looked at him hopefully and Logan knew what he wanted. Moving his hands to a safe distance away from the boy, Logan clenched his fists and out they came. The kid jumped back slightly but recovered quickly and moved to stand beside the man with the metal claws. "Wow! Those are cool."

Logan glanced up and found half a dozen young kids watching from the doorway. "It's getting late, kids, you should head for bed. You got school tomorrow."

The children in the doorway scattered pretty quickly but the boy that started it all was a little more reluctant as he made his way out.

"Hey, kid," Logan called as the boy reached the door. When he turned Logan continued. "You're new here ain't ya? What's your name?"

"Tony."

"G'night, Tony."

The boy's smile lit up the room before he turned and left.

Rising from her chair, Rogue moved to sit beside Logan on the bed and rested her hand on his back. "It was nice what ya did fer that boy."

Logan shrugged. "What'd I do?"

"You made him feel better 'bout himself, it ain't ever'one that can do that, Logan," Rogue told him proudly.

"I guess you're starting to rub off on me," Logan stated, wrapping an arm around her and rubbing her back. "Because you make me feel better about myself."

The couple was staring so intently at each other at that moment that they didn't notice the presence in the doorway. The sound of a man clearing his throat actually startled them both.

"You finished with your homework, Rogue?" Scott asked, moving uninvited into the room a pace or two.

"Almost," she returned, giving Logan a little squeeze before moving slowly back to the desk.

Scott stared harshly at Logan as the older man lowered himself back onto the bed then turned back onto his stomach. "Good night, Mister Summers."

Rogue stifled a giggle behind her hand as Scott turned to leave. "Night, daddy," she called after his retreating back.

Scott ignored it because there wasn't anything he could do to change it. They were halfway to graduation and he was starting to believe that Jean had been right. Maybe Logan and Rogue were right for each other. They certainly both seemed happy.

Waiting until Scott was out of sight down the hallway, Rogue rose again from the desk and sat down beside Logan's sprawled body.

"Marie," he scolded, hoping it was enough to send her back to the desk.

"Ah'm finished, Logan. Ah only said Ah wasn't so he'd leave," Rogue informed him. "Ya know if Ah'd said Ah was finished he'd a camped out in the doorway 'til Ah left."

Logan couldn't argue with her logic so he rolled over onto his back making more room for her beside him. Immediately Rogue stretched out next him, snuggling into his side and resting her head on his chest near his shoulder. Logan curled his arms around her and gave her a squeeze as he sighed contentedly.

They stayed like that for a few minutes before Logan shifted, pushing her back slightly then sliding toward the head of the bed until his back was resting against the headboard. Shaking her head slightly Marie moved as well, settling in beside him again.

"Can I ask you something, Marie?"

Rogue pulled back suddenly and shifted her position to look at him. She couldn't remember ever hearing Logan sound so unsure of himself. "Course, ya can ask me anythin'."

Logan was silent for a moment as he considered how exactly to put the question to her without making her feel awkward. "When you left home, why'd you go to Canada?"

She released a nervous laugh then settled back at his side and into his arms. "Ever'thin' happened so fast," she began slowly with a sadness in her tone that made Logan sorry that he'd asked. "Ah didn't know where Ah's gonna go, Ah jus' knew that Ah couldn't stay there. It was a couple a days later that Ah realized that Ah's followin' the path Ah'd started plannin' in junior high."

"What do you mean?" Logan wanted to know.

"When Ah's fifteen, Ah read a book 'bout Alaska and it sounded so peaceful there. After that Ah started plannin' a trip, Ah had the whole route mapped out on the wall in mah bedroom. Course the trip didn't exactly go as Ah thought it would."

Logan nodded his understanding even as a flash of movement caught his eye from the doorway.

Scott didn't say a word, just leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest, watching the couple on the bed.

Rogue just looked at him for a beat before rolling her eyes and shaking her head. Leaning over she pressed her lips to the thick hair on Logan's cheek then rose to her feet. "Ah guess Ah should get t' bed," she told him. "It's gettin' late."

"Night, darlin'," Logan said softly before releasing a low growl.

Walking to the door, Rogue stopped beside Scott. "G'night, daddy," she teased before throwing a wink at Logan over her shoulder and moving off down the hallway.


With so much going on, the next week flew by. Despite having ordered Marie's birthday gift with more than enough time to spare, thanks to a series of setbacks, it would go down to the wire to see if it would be ready in time. Logan was starting to panic as the day arrived and he hadn't heard a thing. He was about to call his contact the morning of her birthday when the phone rang and the man informed him that it was finally ready to be picked up. It worked out well as Rogue's birthday happen to fall on a school day so he had plenty of time before the party to run in and pick it up, especially if he borrowed Scott's ultra-fast motorcycle again.

Logan was already in the garage, his butt planted firmly on the seat when he started having second thoughts. Maybe taking Scott's bike wasn't such a great idea at the moment. He sat there for a few minutes before rising again and moving out of the garage. Logan made his way to the series of classrooms and peeked in each until he found who he was looking for, hell he even made sure he wasn't disrupting a lecture before he stepped into the room.

The class appeared to be taking a test and Logan did his best to move quickly but quietly to the front of the room. He tried not to look at Marie as he stopped beside Scott's desk and squatted down next to him.

"Logan, what are you doing here?" Scott demanded softly, hoping his tone would be enough of a reprimand without raising his voice.

"I need to borrow your bike," Logan whispered back to him, tilting his head so that there was no way Marie could read his lips. He didn't even know if she could read lips but he didn't want to take any chances.

From her seat in the middle of the room, Rogue craned her neck and tried to listen to what Logan and Scott were whispering about but she couldn't hear a thing. The shocked look that suddenly appeared on Scott's face had her wondering though.

"Excuse me?" Scott stammered loudly.

Logan gave him a hard look for making him repeat it but he did. "I need to borrow your bike, if it's all right. I have to run to town and get Marie's present."

In an instant Scott was out of his seat, grabbing Logan's arm as the stockier man rose to his full height then pulled him toward the classroom door. The teacher sent a hard look to his students who were all staring at them before they stepped into the hallway, Scott closing the door behind them. "You're just now going shopping for her present?" Scott shouted. "How the hell do you except to find something special in a half a day, Logan?"

Rolling his eyes, Logan crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm not going shopping, I'm going to pick her gift up. I ordered it weeks ago but it just got done. Now can I use you're damn bike or not?"

Not quite sure whether or not to believe what he was hearing, Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Why ask? Why didn't you just take it?"

"Just thought I'd try something new," Logan said indifferently before turning. As he walked away he looked back over his shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt your class, Mister Summers."

"Logan, wait," Scott called after him.

Logan stopped but didn't turn for a quite a long time.

"You can take my bike," he told him with an almost grin. "Just check with Jean and Storm to see if they need anything more from town."

"Not a problem, Slim," Logan returned, slipping in the use of the old nickname just to ruffle the younger man a little.

Shaking his head Scott watched as Logan moved back down the hallway before turning back to his classroom. He was surprised to find half a dozen teenaged faces plastered to the small window set in the door. The kids quickly returned to their seats once they'd been spotted.


It took Logan most of the morning to complete the list of tasks that Jean and Ororo had for him to do in town in addition to his own. The funny thing was that he didn't mind running all over the place, stopping at stores he wouldn't normally be seen dead in, because it was all for Marie. He wanted her birthday to be something that she'd always remember and he'd do whatever it took to assure that. As it turned out taking Scott's bike - he still couldn't believe he'd actually asked permission - had been his best move. Thanks to the motorcycle's special features he made it back to the school before classes let out for lunch.

Rogue couldn't help but smile as she exited the classroom and immediately noticed Logan leaning casually against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest, waiting for her. Her smile broadened at the secretive little grin on his face. She knew he was planning something big for her birthday even though she told him not to make a fuss. Rogue was actually really looking forward to the evening but at the same time she was a little nervous. Shaking her head, Rogue slid through the growing number of kids in the hallway to Logan's position.

"Hey," Logan greeted her with a wink as she pressed herself to the wall beside him to get out of the way of the hungry masses.

"What're ya doin'?" she asked with a grin.

Turning his head slightly, Logan looked at the wall behind him for a beat before shifting his gaze back to her. "This wall was lookin' a little weak so I thought I better hold it up while the children made it to safety."

"Well wadn't that sweet," Rogue cooed teasingly. "Ya jus' keep surprisin' me, Logan. Like before," she paused briefly for effect then continued, "in class this mornin'. What were ya talkin' t' daddy 'bout?"

That's how she referred to Scott when they were alone and despite the mob of teenagers surrounding them, they were confident that no one was paying them any mind. Well, that wasn't true, they were all keeping an eye on them, they always did, but no one was fool enough to try to listen in.

"I just had to ask One-Eye a favor," Logan told her bluntly.

Rogue's eyes grew big and for a moment she found it hard to breathe. "Are ya tryin' t' kill me?" she demanded loudly, drawing more than a little attention.

Logan regained their privacy by shifting a harsh glare at anyone who was looking to see it. Then he turned back to Rogue with a bit of a smile. "I guess that would come as a bit of a shock but I most certainly am not tryin' to kill you, darlin'," he assured her, finally shifting from against the wall to run a finger down the white streak of hair framing her face.

"That's good t' know," she returned with mock relief. "Would ya look at that, Ah guess that wall can still stand on it's own. Does that mean we can go get somethin' t' eat now."

"Anything for the birthday girl," Logan said sweetly as he wrapped his arm around her waist and started after the stream of kids heading for the dining room.

"Ah ain't exactly a little girl anymore, Logan," Rogue insisted as they walked, her tone conveying how disappointed she was that he didn't seem to realize that.

"I didn't say you were a little girl, Marie," he retorted softly. "Besides, you'll always be my girl."

Rogue found she couldn't argue with that. She hugged him lightly, resting her head on his shoulder as the entered the dining room. Lunch was uneventful and went quickly, as usual. Logan walked Rogue to her next class and kissed her tenderly on the top of the head before moving off to take care of the preparations for later.


When classes let out for the day, Rogue was surprised that Logan wasn't waiting for her like before. In fact after searching the mansion from one side to the other, she still hadn't found him. She was about to get nervous when the sound of her name echoed down the hallway from behind her.

Turning, Rogue found Ororo Munroe hurrying toward her, a warm smile on her face - at least until she noticed the expression on the younger woman's features.

"Is something wrong, Rogue?" the weather goddess asked, concern heavy in her voice.

"Not really, Ah's just lookin' fer Logan," the teen informed her teacher. "Have ya seen 'im?"

Ororo seemed to consider the question for a moment then shook her head. "I am sorry, I have not. Rogue, are you free for a few minutes? I would like to talk to you."

A little surprised by the tone of the request, Rogue agreed with a nod and followed the African woman down the hallway toward the professor's office. Upon entering the room her nervousness grew exponentially when she saw that Jean was waiting for them.

"Has somethin' happened t' Logan?" Rogue asked in a tiny voice filled with fear.

Jean pushed off the corner of the professor's desk where she'd been leaning and moved toward the young woman. "God, no. I'm sorry if we made you think that."

Rogue released a relieved breath, closing her eyes tightly for a beat before focusing again on the doctor. "Then did Ah do somethin'?"

"It is nothing like that, Rogue," Ororo assured her with a smile. "Jean and I just wanted to give you a special gift for your birthday but we wanted it to be just between the three of us."

With a smile Jean Grey moved behind the desk and grabbed a flat, brightly wrapped box that had been hidden from view. Moving back to stand in front of the teen, Jean extended the gift to her. "Here you go."

Taking the package, Rogue looked back and forth between the two women, feeling the threat of tears. "Ah dunno know wha' t' say."

"Do not say anything. Just open it," Ororo commanded in an impatient tone.

Rogue's smile broadened as she placed the box on the edge of Professor Xavier's desk and started to pull at the large ribbon binding it together. She chewed on her bottom lip as she opened the top then pushed aside the colorful tissue paper. Rogue's eyes widened at the sight of the garment held within the thin cardboard box.

"We wanted you to have it now in case you wanted to wear it to dinner tonight," Ororo told her with a smile of her own.

"It's beautiful," Rogue sighed, admiring the gift. "Y'all are gonna spoil me with all the nice thin's t' wear. Ah still ain't repaid ya fer the prom dress."

"Consider that Scott's birthday present to you," Jean suggested, grinning widely. Scott had actually been more than happy to pay for the dress, though he would have like it better if Logan hadn't shown up.

Unsure what to say or do, Rogue moved forward and quickly but carefully hugged each of the women. "Thank ya so much ... fer ever'thin'."

Jean and Ororo exchanged a smile. Everything really was going to be okay. After months of worrying about the young woman they both considered a friend, it was clear that Rogue would be all right.

"Ah guess Ah should get goin' now," Rogue said, picking up the box and turning back to the X-Women. "Thank y'all again. I love it."

"You're welcome, Rogue," Jean returned sweetly.

"We will see you at dinner," Ororo smiled.


Rogue returned to her room, looking for Logan as she went but once again she didn't find him. She was surprised that the halls seemed a little empty for the time of day but she didn't think much of that as she walked, concentrating on planning the rest of her outfit for dinner. When she reached her room she knew something was going on because it was empty. Kitty, Jubilee and Lori were nowhere to be seen.

Shaking her head she gathered together what she'd wear with her new dress then headed for the bathroom to wash her face so she could reapply her makeup. Once again she was struck by how quiet the mansion was for a Friday afternoon at four o'clock. Shrugging it off and chalking it up to the masses off watching the Olympics, Rogue took care of business in the bathroom then returned to her room to get dressed.

She stripped down to her underwear, and of course Logan's dog tag, then pulled on her best pair of flesh colored tights. Taking the new garment from the box, Rogue held it up to get a better look at it. The dress was even more beautiful than she'd originally thought. It was red in color, obviously Jean had influenced that, and it was thin and silky. Rogue slipped the dress over her head and smoothed it down over her curves - it was a perfect fit. The clingy bodice was low cut but not excessively so, showing just enough cleavage along with a hint of the metal tag that rested on her chest. The edges of the swooping curved neckline were embroidered with matching red thread giving it a little dimension. The sleeves were short, cupping around the curve of her shoulder and would leave a portion of her upper arm exposed even with the matching full-length gloves she found at the bottom of the box. The material hugged her waist then flared out slightly at her hips flowing into a full skirt. The hem fell about mid-thigh exposing her shapely legs, in fact when she twirled around the skirt whirled in a perfect circle revealing an almost indecent amount of thigh. Perfect! Rogue smiled as she studied her reflection in the mirror.

After convincing herself that she looked pretty damn good, Rogue turned from the mirror and moved across the room to the closet. She pulled out a pair of black pumps that she'd gotten to go with her prom dress and started to turn when she noticed the red dress shoes she knew to be Kitty's. Sharing a room with three other teens, things were borrowed back and forth all the time and although Rogue lent her stuff often enough she rarely borrowed anything. Wondering again where her roommates were, she picked up the high-heeled red pumps and returned the black ones to the closet. She knew Kitty wouldn't mind, she told Rogue over and over if she wanted to borrow anything to just take it.

Rogue sat down on the edge of her bed and slipped on the shoes, buckling the straps up around her ankles. The heels were higher than she was used to wearing but they went so well with the dress and would put her more at eye level with Logan. She was just finished putting on her shoes when a soft, familiar knock sounded on the door. Smiling she rose to her feet and turned fully to face the entrance. "Come in."

The door swung open and Logan stepped inside, freezing at the sight of her. All he could do was stare and it reminded him so much of when he'd first returned and knocked on his door to find her dressed in that green number that fit her in all the right places. Well the red dress she had on now was revealing in a whole different way. Logan had never seen so much of her legs before and he was finding it hard to breathe.

Greatly pleased by Logan's reaction, Rogue gave him the once over, admiring the new, extremely tight black jeans he was wearing along with the long sleeved black dress shirt and the ever present gloves that he'd been wearing since the prom. After all the weeks they'd been together, she was still surprised when she noticed Logan's erratic breathing as he stared at her. With a gleam in her eye she twirled once for him and watched as his eyes darkened and he swallowed hard enough for her to hear it across the room.

Logan moved toward her quickly, his hands coming up to gently take her by the shoulders. "You are so beautiful. Happy Birthday, baby."

Rogue smiled shyly then lifted her hands to his waist, resting them lightly above his belt.

"If I didn't think I'd get strung up I'd say screw dinner and I'd take you somewhere I could have you all to myself," Logan informed her raggedly.

"Ah'd like that," she responded softly, "if ya wouldn't get strung up that is and since ya would if ya did, we better go downstairs."

Nodding, Logan stared down into her eyes, his left eyebrow quirking mischievously. "You're probably right," he decided, stepping back and letting one hand fall away from her while the other wrapped around her waist.

They left the room like that, their arms wrapped around the other, as they made their way down the hallway toward the stairs. Once on the main floor they started for the dining room but Logan pulled them up suddenly as they passed one of the smaller, less used classrooms. "Let 'em string me up," he muttered pointedly as he pulled her toward the closed door.

"Logan," Rogue chided. They were so close to their goal and she hated to think that something might happen to get Logan kicked out with only another week until graduation.

"I'll have you back before curfew," Logan assured her in a husky tone as he pushed open the door and pulled her into the darkened room.

As soon as the door was closed behind them, the lights came on and an excited chorus on voices screamed, "Happy Birthday!"

After taking a moment to gather her wits about her, Rogue swept her gaze around the room. All of the people she cared about the most were smiling admiringly at her, all the people she considered her family. Professor Xavier, Jean, Scott and Ororo were all smiling widely at the look of shock that must have been on her face. Then there were her closest friends, her roommates Kitty, Jubilee and Lori along with Bobby, John and Doug. And of course, most importantly, Logan was there, at her side. She looked up at him fondly, shaking her head before she turned to take in the rest of the room. A large table had been set up and dinner was being wheeled in at that very moment. Across the room another table was brightly decorated with streamers and balloons and was covered with presents. She also noticed the stereo set up nearby and the open area that looked suspiciously like a dance floor.

"Rogue," the professor greeted, wheeling his chair to the door where her and Logan were still standing. "Please come in, this is all for you."

"Y'all did too much," she said softly, feeling the threat of tears. She'd never had a surprise birthday party before and the fact that everyone she cared about, with the exception of her mother, was there to share her day made it even more special.

"Logan did most of it," Xavier insisted, "and it was the least we could do."

"Come on, darlin'," Logan called, pulling her into motion, "let's eat before it gets cold."

The meal consisted of all her favorite things, which made it better to share it with all her favorite people. The group exchanged easy conversation in which everyone participated as they ate then sat back for a few moment of silence to let the meal settle.

"Cake now?" Scott asked Rogue from his position across the table from her.

"Ah don' think Ah could eat another bite at the moment but y'all go ahead," she returned.

"I think we should all wait," Jean informed the group and they all seemed to agree that was a good idea.

"Why don't you open your presents now?" Jubilee suggested, anxious to give her the gift the teens bought for her as a group. They had each bought her something individually but they also pooled together to get her something pretty big.

"Yeah," Bobby nodded enthusiastically earning him a glare from Logan.

"Wha' d'ya think?" Rogue asked the man at her side.

"Now's as good a time as any," Logan returned sounding a little indifferent.

The group adjourned from the dinner table and took seats in the smattering of chairs near the smaller table and around the dance floor. One by one the assembled group present Rogue with their gift, starting with the girls who each bought her a piece to an ensemble outfit that they knew she'd been eyeing for a while. Then the boys each presented their gifts, perfume from Bobby, candles from John and a new CD from Doug. After that the group of teens presented her with another box, one must larger than any of the previous packages. They all stood in front of her nervously as she opened the box and pulled out the new full-length, hooded cloak. She'd been needing a new one for a while and this was perfect as it was a lighter weight one, which would allow her to be more comfortable in the coming summer heat.

"Thank y'all so much," Rogue cooed rising from her seat to give each of the teens a warm hug. "Ah love ever'thin'."

Moving on, Scott and Jean presented her with a very expensive silver and gold plated picture frame, complete with a prom photo of her and Logan. It was pretty obvious by the expression on Scott's face that Jean had put the picture in without his knowledge. Next Ororo gave her a pair of long, pure silk scarves. One, dark brown with white threads running though it, which she explained reminded her of Rogue's hair and so she couldn't resist it. The other scarf was a brilliant emerald green, much the same color as the prom dress she'd worn nearly a month ago.

Rogue glanced at the table and saw only one gift left. The remaining package was a large box wrapped in silver and black. Looking back from the table she met Logan's gaze and he just sat there for a moment before rising and bringing the box to her. She took it tentatively, fingering the metallic paper for a moment.

"I hope it's something you can use," Professor Charles Xavier said softly from beside her. It wasn't until that moment that she realized she hadn't opened anything from him yet. She'd been certain that the last gift would have been from Logan. But then maybe he'd give her his present later, in private.

Unwrapping the package as carefully as she had every other one, the teens groaned loudly and she finally just tore the paper from the box earning her a loud round of cheering applause from the group. Rogue struggled briefly with the tape binding the box closed until Logan released a single claw and sliced it at the seams. "Thank ya," she offered him with a smile.

Logan just winked at her as she turned her attention back to the box on her lap.

The professor usually got every student the same thing for their eighteenth birthday but Rogue was special and so he had forgone the usual Xavier School Letterman's jacket and had gotten her a long leather duster, complete with a hood, with the school's logo patched on the left breast. She stared at it in shock for a moment not wanting to take it out of the box and show the other teens that her coat was different and certainly more expensive than the ones most of them had already gotten.

"Come on, Rogue, let us see," Jubilee cried impatiently.

Finally Rogue pulled the coat out of the box and showed it off. Much to their credit, all of the teens seemed excited about her gift and not one of them acted as though she was being treated any different then they had. There were no jealously issues that needed to be addressed and she realized that she truly had the best friends in the world.

"So you guys ready for some tunes now?" John asked, rising from his seat to make his way toward the stereo system.

"Hold on there, Fireboy," Logan snapped, "she ain't done openin' presents yet."

Rogue shifted her gaze to him and watched him as he stood and reached into the pocket of his jeans.

Logan pulled his hand out, careful to keep the item hidden in his palm as he sat down again beside Marie. "I didn't put this on the table because I didn't want it to get lost," he told her, reaching out with his clenched fist and pressing something into the palm of her hand. "Happy Birthday, Marie," he said softly before moving his hand.

Staring at the small, nearly weightless velvet pouch resting in her palm, Rogue couldn't quite breathe and her heart was pounding against her ribs so hard she thought everyone in the room could hear it. After another moment she glanced at Logan and the nervous look on his face made her all the more unsettled herself. Finally she reached her free hand up and took the pouch in both hands, slowly pulling it open. Rogue shifted her gaze to Logan once more before dumping the mysterious contents into her outstretched hand. Her eyes widened in shock at the unexpected sight of a nicely crafted, shining silver ring.

"That's gorgeous, Logan," Jean offered, admiring the ring still held loosely in Rogue's hand. The simple, unadorned band look like silver but it had a different sheen to it. "That's not silver is it?" she asked sounding relatively certain.

Logan shook his head, watching Rogue as she continued staring at the object in shock.

"It's adamantium," Rogue stated softly.

"That's right," Logan confirmed. "I found a scrape of it at the base. I wanted something a little more intricate but the jeweler was having a hard just getting it shaped."

Rogue's gaze was locked silently on the shiny metal nestled in her palm.

"I can get you something else if you don't like it," Logan whispered to her, his jaw clenching painfully at the thought.

"Ah love it," she finally said, wrapping her fingers around the ring and turning to look at him. "It's beautiful," she whispered, her voice shaking.

Logan actually sighed with relief, an audible sound that surprised everyone in the room.

Jean looked to Scott and he just gave a minute little nod. It looked more and more like he was going to be stuck with Logan for the long run.

Knowing the ring was too big but not wanting to hurt Logan by saying so, Rogue tried the ring on the middle finger of her left hand over her glove. It was still a little loose so she tried it on her thumb and it fit perfectly.

Logan lifted his brow at her placement but she just smiled. "Ah wanted t' get a thumb ring," she told him. "They're cool."

As though to prove Rogue was right, Jubilee jerked her thumb into Logan's face, showing off her own ornamented thumb. Logan swatted her hand away with a playful growl and Rogue and Jubilee laughed lightly before the latter high-tailed it out of the immediate area.

"Music now?" John asked again, a little whininess in his tone.

Rolling his eyes, Logan rose from his seat and walked with the teen over to the stereo to make sure things were started properly. As soon as he walked away all the girls, young and older alike, gathered around Rogue to admire her ring and whisper how sweet it was that Logan gave her something made out of the same metal housed in his body.

A sharp whistle drew everyone's attention to where Logan and John were standing. "Can I have everyone's attention please," John called loudly although clearly the entire room was focused on him. "If I could have the birthday girl front and center," he continued, gesturing to Rogue with his finger. John waited until she was standing beside Logan before he spoke again. "I have the honor of dedicating the first song tonight."

Rogue looked at Logan and immediately noticed the nervous glaze in his eyes.

"Since I was enlisted to do the music for this little shindig, I've been playing different snippets for the organizer and as soon as he heard this song start, he froze. I was surprised because I didn't think it was really his kind of song but..."

"Get on with it," Logan growled sharply.

"Right, anyway he said that it reminded him of a very important night and he wanted this to be the first song. So here it is, to Rogue from, big surprise, Logan."

Being that there wasn't much of a musical introduction, Rogue was still standing there staring at Logan when the words started to drift from the speakers.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming

Rogue knew the song immediately, the love theme from one of her favorite movies and she also knew just what night it had reminded Logan of - prom night, when she'd slept in his arms while he'd watched her. She smiled sweetly as he took her hand and lead her a few feet away before wrapping her in his arms and starting to sway to the lazy beat.

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure

As the chorus started, the other teens joined in the dancing. Kitty and Bobby, who'd been getting close since the prom, started it off. Jubilee dragged John from the stereo next while Lori and Doug mimicked the others. Even Jean and Scott joined in.

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Laying close to you
Feeling your heart beating

Logan pulled Rogue closer until he could feel her heart beating against his, his head dropping to her shoulder.

And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

Ororo smiled as the chorus repeated, watching the young woman and the much older man swaying together to the beautiful, highly romantic song. She wondered how two so completely opposite people could mean so much to each other. Maybe that was it, maybe Rogue needed someone wild and Logan needed someone innocent - they balanced each other that was for sure.

For the second time in less than a month, Logan shifted his head on Rogue shoulder and began to sing along with the song they were dancing to.

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Once again as the chorus was repeated, Logan spoke to her softly. "Do you remember when you asked me that night if I'd gotten any sleep?"

Rogue nodded, tears filling her eyes.

"This is exactly why I didn't. I didn't want to miss a thing," he assured her, hugging her even tighter.

The other occupants of the room faded out of existence as the refrain echoed again and Logan and Marie focused only on each other. That's pretty much how it went for the rest of the night. They danced every slow song, which was just about all that was played.

After about an hour they took a break from dancing long enough to have a piece of cake and some ice cream and then it was back to it. It was nearly nine-thirty, which wasn't late for a non-school night, but was approaching the time when the music needed to be toned down so the younger children could go to sleep.

"Okay, people, this is it," John announced, clearly displeased and making sure everyone knew that it was at Scott's insistence that he play the last song. "Once again we have a dedication to the birthday girl."

As the gentle music started Logan gathered Marie into his arms yet again and pulled her close. "I first heard this song at a truck stop on my way back from Canada," he told her. "I found myself mesmerized by the words. It was like someone had seen what you did to me and wrote this song for us."

Spend all you're time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always some reason
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of an angel
May you find some comfort here

Rogue closed her eyes tightly against the emotions swirling around in her head and buried her face in the front of Logan's shirt as he held her close, turning her slowly around as they danced.

So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lies
That will make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference
Escaping one last time
It's easier to believe
In this sweet madness oh
This glorious sadness
That brings me to my knees

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of an angel
May you find some comfort here
You're in the arms of an angel
May you find some comfort here

"You are my angel, Marie," Logan whispered in her ear before he kissed her neck, her hair protecting his mouth from her skin. "Happy Birthday, darlin'."

"Ah love ya, Logan," she returned softly, a watery quality to her tone.

"I love you too, baby."

From beside them on the dance floor Scott shifted back slightly from Jean and looked down to find her staring at him intently, one delicate eyebrow arched. He knew exactly what the look meant and he nodded in agreement as the song faded to silence.

"All right everyone, I know it's still early considering it's not a school night but I think we should call it an evening," Scott told the gathered crowd.

Rogue had shifted out of Logan's arms, turning to watch Scott as he spoke to the group. "Ah'd jus' like t' thank y'all fer ever'thin' t'night. This 'as been the best birthday Ah ever had."

Smiles were exchanged around the room then everyone pitched in to help clean up. In short order the classroom was put back together and the partygoers were ready to leave. Each of Rogue's roommates had gathered a portion of her presents to carry for her but the teenaged boys were quick to take their burdens from them. The six of them left the room together without a backward glance.

"Again Happy Birthday, Rogue," Professor Xavier said.

"Thank ya," she returned shyly. "Ah love the coat."

"It seemed more practical for you," he offered with a shrug. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

When the older man was gone, the youngest of the women turned to the other two. "An' you two, Ah thought this dress was mah present."

"It was," Ororo agreed with a smile and a nod.

"Part of it anyway," Jean added, grinning widely.

"So," Scott started suddenly, trying to sudden spontaneous, "what are you two going to do now?"

Rogue shrugged, looking to Logan.

"Whatever you want, darlin'," he told her.

"Ah'm too wound up t' be tired at the moment," she informed the others before shrugging her shoulders. "Maybe listen t' some music fer a while."

"Sounds like the perfect end to the day," Jean offered softly.

"Well, 'night," Rogue said to them as Logan took her hand and led her from the room.

"Good night," Logan muttered over his shoulder as they left. They walked together, holding hands, up the stair and into Logan's bedroom. Rogue settled herself on the bed, her back resting against the headboard while he fiddled with the radio. Once he was satisfied with the station he joined her, situating himself beside her then once again taking her hand.

A soft puff of air escaping Rogue's nose drew Logan's attention to her. She tilted her head to look at him before she spoke. "It's funny, Ah always thought when Ah turned eighteen ever'thin'd be different but it ain't. Ah don't feel any different than Ah did yesterday or the day before."

Logan just nodded since he didn't know what to say. He didn't remember what turning eighteen felt like.

Rogue sighed as she shifted slightly so she could rest her head on his shoulder. "Ah guess the one good thin' is that Scott can't really object t' us anymore."

As though the mention of his name was enough to make him appear, Scott Summers was suddenly standing in the doorway like he did every night when he was ready to go bed and didn't want to have to baby sit them anymore. He just leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest, looking back and forth between the two of them, not saying a word.

Logan and Rogue exchanged a glance, the former growled while the latter sighed, so maybe that wasn't different either. Rogue was about to move from the bed when Scott straightened out and took a step through the threshold. "Good night," he said before starting to back out of the room, pulling the door closed behind him. The couple stared in shock at the closed door for a moment before they looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Ah guess that answers that," Rogue voiced what they were both thinking.

"I guess it does," Logan agreed, letting his eyes drift from her face down her red-cased body.


The last week before graduation flew by faster than all the others had. Rogue spent most of her time studying - away from Logan. Ever since the night of her birthday she found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on much of anything when in his presence - anything but him that is.

Logan missed having her close all the time but he was also glad to have the opportunity to plan for her post-graduation trip without worrying that she'd find out about it. He wanted it to be a memorable trip and with Professor Xavier's help, Logan was confident that he planned for everything.

The morning of graduation arrived with the smell of change heavy in the air. As the seniors gathered in the library to don their caps and gowns and line up for their entrance, friends and family gathered in the gymnasium to witness the milestone. After the ceremony, the class shared hugs and tears and spoke of never losing touch.

Rogue was grateful that the small group had welcomed her so completely and was sad that they would all be leaving to pursue college and life. Many of the younger students approached her to congratulate her on her achievement - some even expressing how glad they were that she would be staying on at the school. Rogue accepted the words with a small smile all the while feeling a little sad that she wouldn't be going off to school. After much discussion with Professor Xavier and the other teachers, she decided, despite their encouragement to the contrary, that it would be too dangerous for her to leave the school. Instead she'd continue her studies through correspondence and help the teachers with their classes. She was looking forward to spending time with the adults on a level playing field but she still wished she had a chance to embark on some of what the others were able to.

From across the crowded room, Logan watched Marie. He knew what she was thinking despite the smile on her face. Hell he hadn't even really needed Jean to tell him about their conversation for him to know that what she wanted, above all, was just be able to pass as normal. To have a normal life where she didn't have to worry that some random, accidental touch might kill someone. Part of him would do anything to make that happen but another part, the insecure part that he kept buried behind a gruff exterior and an unapproachable demeanor, was glad that there was nothing he could do. That part of himself - the part that had never allowed him to get close to anyone - was certain that if she could touch anyone, had the potential to be with anyone she wanted, that she wouldn't need him anymore. She could be with someone her own age, not someone older than the professor, and not someone with more baggage than a transcontinental jumbo jet. In short, someone not like him.

"Jeez, you think you could stare any harder?" a humor-filled, bubbly voice sounded suddenly beside him followed immediately with the distinctive pop of bubble gum.

Logan shifted his gaze from Rogue, doing his best to look perturbed as he met Jubilee's eyes. "You really wanna take that trip to Mexico?" he asked, a threat clear in his words and tone.

"Easy there, big guy," Jubilee returned, patting him lightly on the shoulder as one would a barking dog.

"Did you take care of it?" Logan wanted to know, his tone mellowing a bit.

Jubilee rolled her eyes, shaking her head at him. "Relax, Wolvie, I said I'd do it and I did. Everything's cool and set to go."

Releasing a mildly threatening growl at the nickname, he decided to let it slide ... this time. "Thanks, kid," he said sincerely.

"Forget about it," Jubilee instructed, punching him lightly in the shoulder. "Just make sure that Rogue has a good time," she added, lifting her eyebrows suggestively, a huge smile dominating her youthful features.

Logan scowled at her for a moment before a smile replaced that expression. "Damn, they think I'm the pervert."

"You are, I just wanted you to know that you're not alone, Wolvie," Jubilee winked before walking away.

Shaking his head, Logan turned back to where Marie had been standing only to find her gone. Glancing around the room he noticed her sitting alone in the corner and his expression fell. Logan made his way roughly through the crowd, pushing people aside without remorse as he walked toward her. "You all right?"

Rogue looked up at him then quickly looked away hoping to hide her tears. Of course it didn't work, it was hard to hide the fact that you were crying from someone who could smell the salt in your tears.

"What's wrong?" Logan asked tenderly, sinking to his knees in front of her and pulled her chin around to meet his eyes.

Shaking her head, Rogue responded in a tiny voice, "Nothin'."

"Marie, you're cryin', now tell me what's wrong," he said a little more forcefully.

Rogue's entire body shuddered violently and her tears increased ten-fold. Logan immediately gathered her into his arms and pulled her tightly against his solid form. "Can we leave now?" Rogue whispered into the flannel of his shirt.

Without a word, Logan stood up and pulled Rogue to her feet, wrapping his arm around her tightly as he lead her out the back door of the reception hall. He didn't even try to question her again, just whispered soothing snippets, all the while rubbing her back affectionately as they made their way to his room. Once inside, with the door close behind him however, it was a different game.

Logan led her to the bed and sat her down there before kneeling in front of her again. "Tell me what's wrong, darlin'."

Rogue wiped at her eyes and shook her head. "It's nothin', really. Ah'm just bein' stupid."

"You're not being stupid, Marie," he insisted. "Something's bothering you and I'd like to know what it is. Baby, I don't like seeing you hurtin' like this. It hurts me."

A silence filled the room for several minutes and Logan was about to try again when Rogue finally spoke, blurting out what had upset her to the point of tears. "Ah'm jealous," she shouted, rising from the bed and moving away from him. She was angry - both at herself for feeling that way and at him for making her admit it. In that situation he would get the brunt of anger every time, something she'd picked up from him, 'always make the other person hurt worse'.

"Jealous of what?" Logan asked ignoring the tantrum.

Rogue started to turn to face him when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. She closed her mouth as she focused on the series of closed duffel bags lying by the closet door. "When were ya gonna tell me?" Rogue asked, her anger fully replacing her tears.

"I seem to have gotten lost here, darlin'," he informed her, shaking his head in confusion.

"Never mind," she snapped, turning on her heel and heading for the door. As she walked she pulled the metal chain from around her neck then stopped and turned back to face him. "Here, Ah won't be waitin' this time," Rogue said before throwing the dog tags at him.

Instantly Logan was on his feet, snatching the necklace in his fist as he hurried after Marie. "Whoa, whoa, what just happened here?" he demanded, taking her by the arm and pulling her to a stop before she reached the door. Logan's heart was pounding on the verge of panic as he turned her around to face him.

Rogue stared up at him with wide, sad eyes for a long time before she said anything. "Ah don' blame ya, Logan," she finally stated quietly. "Ya hung in there longer than Ah thought anyone would. Ah love ya but Ah can't do that anymore."

Suddenly Logan couldn't breathe - it felt like someone had kicked him in the groin. "What are you saying, Marie?"

"Ah'm sayin' g'bye, Logan," Rogue told him softly. She started to turn but Logan's hands had clamped on her shoulders and he was holding her firmly in place.

"You're breaking up with me?" he asked blinking in disbelief. He was so confused he needed to clarify the situation before he could even think how to stop it.

"Yer the one leavin'," she snapped. "Wha' d'ya think, that Ah'd just pretend like the last month never happened an' continue t' pine away fer ya? Well Ah can't do that, Logan. Ah won't, not after ever'thin'."

Logan was at a complete loss as to why she'd think he was leaving again. Realization started to dawn when he followed her glance to the duffel bags across the room. Logan breathed a sigh of relief and actually chuckled, probably not the best reaction in his current situation. "I'm not leavin' you, Marie," he tried to assure her.

Rogue nodded her head bitterly. "Right," she retorted sharply. "Ya was jus' makin' sure that ya had enough room in yer bags fer all a yer shit?!"

Taken aback somewhat by the curse, Logan stared at her with a furrowed brow. He'd never heard her swear before all though Jean had told him that she was quite proficient at it after she absorbed him the second time. "I'm not leaving you," Logan repeated more softly, tenderly as his gloved hands moved from her shoulders to her face.

Rogue pulled back violently and slammed her hands into his chest pushing him away. "Get off me," she shouted viciously.

"If you don't believe me look in the bags, Marie," Logan requested calmly.

"Ah don' need t' look at nothin'," Rogue snapped back.

"Look in the God damn bag, kid," he said more forcefully.

"Go t' Hell!" she yelled before turning around the reaching for the doorknob.

Logan once again closed the distance between them and wrapped his hand around her arm just below the top of her glove, this time not being nearly as gentle. "God damn it, Marie, go look at the fucking bag." If Logan had been thinking straight he never would have been doing what he was doing. The fact of the matter was that he wasn't thinking straight, he was thinking that Marie was going to leave him and he couldn't let that happen.

Wincing in pain at the grip Logan had on her arm, Rogue's tears started to fall with a vengeance. He was hurting her, in more ways than one, but she wasn't going to admit it. Drawing on all the strength she possessed, Rogue painfully wrenched her arm from Logan's hand and reached for the door. Their fight had obviously been louder than they'd thought as a crowd had gathered outside the room, staring as a crying Rogue ran into the hallway then stopped and turned toward the shaking Logan. Rogue was fumbling with her hand as she stormed from the room. "Fuck you!" she shouted, turning back and throwing the ring at him the way she'd thrown the tags before pushing her way through the crowd as she moved toward her room.

Instincts on full board, Logan started after her. He hadn't made it more than a few feet when Scott stepped into his path.

"Where do you think you're going?" Summers demanded harshly, his clenched jaw and the bright red glow behind his glasses revealing his anger.

"I have to talk to Marie," Logan returned tersely.

Scott shook his head. "Not until you talk to me."

"Come on, kids," Ororo's soothing voice sounded in the quiet hallway, "there is nothing more to see here."

Logan scowled at Scott while Storm ushered the children away. Scott just scowled right back.

"I need to talk to Marie," Logan repeated almost desperately to the other man when everyone else had left.

"Jean's talking to her right now," Scott informed him, his tone more compassionate then he'd expected. "What happened here, Logan?"

Logan stared down the hallway at the door to Marie's room for a moment then glanced at Scott before moving back into his bedroom. He hoped that him not closing the door behind him would be enough of a clue to One-Eye to join him.

Scott watched Logan walk away then glanced at the ring Rogue had thrown, which was now resting on the floor in the doorway. He moved forward, bending down to pick it up before following Logan into his bedroom. Scott focused on Logan as he paced back and forth, his fists clenching and unclenching. When the razor-sharp claws slid from Logan's knuckles, Scott began to question the wisdom of his actions.

"I don't know what just happened," Logan whispered with a trembling tone.

Cyclops was shocked by the terrified sound of the usually gruff voice. The man before him didn't seem anything like the Wolverine that Scott knew him to be - he sounded more like a broken man, a man who had just lost everything. "What happened?"

"I just said I don't fucking know!" Logan bellowed, turning on the other man with reflexive instincts.

"Maybe I can help you figure it out," Scott offered softly. It was pretty obvious that the man was in pain and despite his anger that Logan had somehow hurt Rogue, he was willing to do what he could. Scott knew that Logan had changed over the last month and he found himself actually liking the beast of a man.

Logan seemed to consider it for a moment, studying Scott's face, smelling the air as though looking for a trap. Finally he stopped pacing and more or less slumped into a sitting position onto the bed. Without preamble he told Scott everything that he could remember that they'd talked about. How Marie was upset when they left the party, how she'd admitted that she was jealous about something then just up and decided he was leaving so she'd leave first.

"What are the bags for?" Scott wondered, understanding why their presence might have Rogue so upset.

What Logan explained next left Scott shocked beyond words. It also left him wondering what was happening down the hallway in the other room. Shaking his head, he moved forward to stand beside Logan. After a brief pause he reached out his hand, Logan's birthday present to Rogue resting in his palm.

Looking up from the out stretched palm to the face of the man it belonged to Logan slowly lifted his arm and took the object. His fingers wrapped around the ring so tightly that his knuckles turned white and his hand started to shake.

Scott stood there for a moment not sure what to say or whether he should say anything. Finally he shifted toward the door. "I'll go check on Rogue," he offered quietly. "And I'll send Jean down when she's done."

Logan just nodded it was all he had the energy to do.


Rogue had run from Logan's door to her own trying to ignore the stares of her friends and schoolmates. She slammed the door shut behind her but before she could lock it Jubilee and Kitty forced their way inside.

"What's going on, Rogue?" Kitty asked, obviously concerned for her friend.

"Ah jus' wanna be alone fer a while," Rogue sobbed. "Please?"

"Tell us what happened first," Jubilee demanded crisply before softening her tone. "Come on, Rogue, it'll make you feel better to talk about it."

Before Rogue could say anything there was a gentle knock on the door and it opened allowing Jean Grey to stick her head in. "Can I come in?"

"Sure," Jubilee responded first.

"Please," Kitty added, grateful for the older woman's presence.

"Girls, do you mind if I talk to Rogue alone for a few minutes?"

The teens exchanged a disappointed glance but headed for the door as requested.

"It's awl right if they wanna stay," Rogue told Jean as she settled onto the bed beside the teen.

"Thanks, Rogue," Jubilee said excitedly, bouncing to her friends side and giving her a light punch on the arm. It was something Jubilee did all the time so she didn't think anything of it until she noticed Rogue grab her arm, hissing in pain. "Sorry," Jubes apologized quickly.

Jean rose immediately from her position and moved to Rogue's other side to examine her arm. Rogue tried to pull away, pinning Jean with a pleading look but the woman was purely on doctor mode and wouldn't be deterred.

Kitty quickly handed Jean an extra pair of Rogue's gloves then sat down beside her friend.

After slipping on the short silky gloves, Jean carefully took Rogue's arm by the elbow and slowly lowered the long glove down her arm. Rogue closed her eyes at the hiss of her three friends.

"What happened, Rogue?" Jean asked compassionately, staring at the black and blue bruise marring a good-sized portion of the teen's arm.

"He didn't know he was hurtin' me," she defended Logan calmly, the tears in her eyes not doing much to make her tone convincing.

"What did he do to you?" Kitty wanted to know. She'd always liked Logan but at the moment, seeing what he'd done to Rogue, she wanted to make him hurt, not that there was much she could do to Wolverine.

Rogue took a deep shuddering breath, her entire body shaking with emotion. "He was gonna leave me again."

"What?" Jean exclaimed. When had that come about? She'd talked to Logan just that morning and he was so excited about the graduation trip he'd planned for her. Needing to understand what had happened and knowing that it would be forgiven, Jean opened her mind to Rogue's and probed gently.

The young woman was so distraught that she didn't even notice the intrusion. "His bags were packed an' ever'thin'."

"Bags?" Jubilee questioned, suddenly snapping Rogue out of her self-pity by the tone of her voice. "Did you say bags were packed?"

Rogue nodded not knowing why Jubilee would find that so interesting. "Yeah, he had three big, black school duffel bags stuffed full. Ah didn't even think he had that much shit."

"He doesn't," Jean assured Rogue as she looked to Jubilee.

"Oh man," Jubes muttered disappointedly, "this is going to ruin the surprise."

"What're ya talkin' 'bout?"

Jubilee looked at Jean with an expression that asked if she really had to say. When Jean nodded, she once again faced her friend. "Those bags are yours, Rogue. Logan asked me to pack your stuff up for you."

Rogue couldn't believe what she was hearing. Why would Logan have Jubilee pack her stuff? Why did her stuff need to be packed up in the first place? "Ah ain't goin' nowhere," she assured them, looking back and forth between her friends.

"Rogue," Jean began softly, placing a gentle hand on the young women's back comfortingly, "Logan planned a trip for your graduation present. He felt that you were a little upset that everyone else was going to some exotic locale and then heading off to college while you were cooped up here."

All Rogue could do was stare, tears streaming down her face as Jean explained everything.


Logan stared at the closed door to his room. He knew he needed to try to talk to Marie but Jean was still with her and he figured that maybe she'd have more luck figuring out what had happened and more importantly how to fix it.

Closing his eyes he inhaled deeply, basking in the scent that was all Marie, which was coming from the bags across the room. Lying there like that on his bed, he could almost imagine that she was in the room with him. Logan stayed just like that, eyes closed, breathing deeply, for quite some time before he decided he'd given Jean long enough. Scott had promised to send her to talk to him as soon as she was finished with Marie but it was still One-Eye, and his time was up.

Sighing heavily and hoping that things weren't really as bad as they seemed, Logan rose from his bed and started for the door. He'd barely taken two steps when a hesitant knocking sounded from the other side.

"Yeah?" Logan responded gruffly, he wasn't in the mood for anything else.

Slowly the door opened but it wasn't Jean, in fact it was the last person Logan had expected to see, and he was delighted.

"Marie!" he exclaimed happily, rushing towards her and pulling her inside by the hand before closing the door.

"Logan," Rogue began softly her eyes once again watery, "Ah'm so sorry. Ah don' even know what happened here."

"That makes two of us, darlin'," he returned, tenderly pulling her by the hand he still held over to the bed.

"Jean an' Jubilee tol' me 'bout the trip," she informed him as she lowered herself to the mattress. "Ah'm sorry Ah ruined ever'thin'."

"Oh, baby, you didn't ruin anything," Logan assured her, sitting down at her side. "I'm just sorry that things got so out of hand."

Rogue nodded. "Ah's jus' upset 'bout bein' left behind by ever'one an' then Ah thought ya's gonna leave me too, Ah guess Ah reacted badly."

Logan was so relieved he was grinning like an idiot. He cocked an eyebrow at her as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "You know what the best thing about having a huge fight like that is?"

"What?" Rogue wondered her voice still weak from all the crying.

"Making up," he told her, pulling her against his body and holding her tightly.

Rogue was about to agree when Logan brushed his hand down her arm, applying a little too much pressure on the injured area, causing her to flinch.

Logan stopped immediately and pulled back to look at her, her face still contorted in pain. He knew what it had to be and he also knew where it came from. Carefully he reached for the top of her glove and Marie pulled back but Logan persisted. Finally she allowed him to peel the glove back a little to reveal what he already knew was there.

She watched with tears in her eyes as Logan's face conveyed his pain at the knowledge that he'd hurt her, albeit unintentionally. Rogue pressed her hand to his cheek to get his attention. "Ya didn't mean t', Logan. Ah know that."

Closing his eyes, Logan leaned into her body, resting his forehead on her shoulder. After a moment he shifted, pulling her onto his lap and hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered tenderly as he buried his face in her chest.

Rogue gasped softly at the contact. Even though Scott had given his blessing on her birthday, the couple was still going very slowly. Deep inside Rogue knew that Logan's actions weren't really sexual, he was simply devastated that he'd hurt her, but the feel of his face nestled between her breasts made her shudder. Trying to squelch the fire running rampant through her body, Rogue curled her fingers through his hair and pulled him back slightly so she could look at him. "It's jus' a bruise, sugah, Ah'm fine," she assured him gently.

Logan stared at her for a moment, his eyes searching hers. Finally he lean back onto the bed, pulling her down with him and shuffling their bodies until he was spooned around her, holding her back tightly against his chest as he nuzzled her neck through her hair. Logan cradled her injured arm lovingly in one hand as he slipped his other arm under Marie, wrapping it around her waist.

Trembling slightly as Logan's hand came to rest on her stomach, Rogue bit down almost painfully on her lower lip. Her and Logan had hugged a lot in the last month and they'd cuddled a lot in the last month but this was the first time that they'd laid together like that in bed and somehow it felt different. Rogue closed her eyes and reveled in the feel of Logan's hard body pressed against her back. She sighed a little as she felt him shift, loving the sensation of his muscular chest grazing her shoulder. Half a second later her eyes snapped opened and she tried to pull away when the sensation of something hot, soft, and moist on her arm brought about a familiar tingling through her body.

Pulling back mere inches, Logan took a deep breath to recover from the drain, met Marie's eyes for a moment then lowered his head again, kissing her tenderly on the arm. He let his lips brush her smooth skin for just the briefest of moments then moved back immediately at the first feel of the pull from her mutation.

Rogue just stared as Logan kissed her arm again, his whiskers tickling her bare flesh. The bruise was already nearly invisible with just two tiny kisses. Despite the fact that the contact had been so brief, Rogue felt the familiar presence she knew to be Logan in her head grow stronger. Each time Logan had touched her prior to their relationship, it had been during or just after moments where his animal instincts were at there fullest. It wasn't until now that she realized that her head held more of Wolverine than it really did Logan. Feeling his lips one more time, this time a little longer, she felt his sorrow and love burrow into her brain, somehow taming what was already there fighting to come out. She felt his desperation at the thought of losing her, his frustration at not being able to stop her. Rogue felt a loving warmth wind through her body as she felt Logan shift again, rolling onto his back at her side. Turning in his embrace, she realized how drained he was by the glazed look in his eyes.

Logan just stared up at her hoping that she understood everything that had happened. He was able to keep his eyes opened long enough to see Rogue smile before settling down beside him. Logan felt her head fall onto his chest, one arm curling against his side while the other moved across his torso holding him tightly. He had just enough strength left to wrap his arms around her before he lost his battle against unconsciousness.


Rogue woke to the sensation of a warm body beside her and strong arms holding her tight. She was awake but had yet to open her eyes, instead just taking a moment to reveal in the warmth of Logan's hard body beside her. Her head rose and fell slowly with the steady rhythm of his breathing and she could hear his heart beating beneath her ear. A smile played at the corners of her mouth as she become more aware of her position, her left leg held tightly between his, her breasts pressing firmly against his side and chest. She wondered briefly what it would be like to wake up like that every morning, in the arms of the man she loved with all her soul.

The events of the previous night suddenly flashed through her mind - her assumption that the bags she'd noticed were his and that he was leaving again, their fight, Logan grabbing her arm hard enough to leave a bruise, his kissing said arm to fix it. Rogue's eyes snapped opened as she recalled Logan losing consciousness, her overactive mind working her to near panic as she sat up abruptly. Her wide eyes were met immediately by loving hazel ones that suddenly darkened with concern.

"What's wrong?" Logan asked her as he started to sit up.

Relieved that he was conscious, Rogue released a heavy sigh and slumped back down to the bed, pushing him down with her and resting her head again on his chest.

Logan increased the pressure with which he held her, bending his head down to kiss her hair. "What was that all about?"

Rogue sighed, shaking her head. "Ah's jus' thinkin' 'bout last night an' worryin' that ya'd put yaself in another coma," she teased him lightly.

"If I was going to put myself in a coma by kissing you I would have kissed you somewhere else, darlin'," Logan assured her with a devilish grin.

"Where would that've been?" Rogue asked, raising an eyebrow to show her interest.

"I'd show you if I had a couple extra days to spare but we have a trip to take and it can't wait," he reminded her, giving her a squeeze before rolling out from under her and out of bed.

Rogue whined a little at his departure then took advantage of the extra room and stretched. "Ya know ya haven't told me where we're goin'," she called after him as he disappeared into the bathroom. With the door opened she could hear the sound of him peeing and she craned her neck a little to see if she could see anything.

It was at that moment that Logan stepped back into the room, his mouth opened, ready to respond until he realized what she'd been doing. For her part, Rogue quickly looked away in embarrassment. Despite the situation she wasn't entirely sure why she was embarrassed, he was her boyfriend of God's sake.

Logan cleared his throat and swallowed. Okay, so his girlfriend was trying to get a look at him, what was wrong with that? She was eighteen now but they still hadn't done any serious touching, not that he didn't want to, he definitely did. Logan just wanted it to be special and he wanted it to be right. Now he started to wonder if it was.

"So you just gonna sit there all day?" Logan asked teasingly as he made his way to his dresser and pulled out some clean clothes.

Rogue watched him for a minute before she responded. "Wha' if Ah say Ah am?"

Turning, Logan pinned her with a mockingly threatening gaze. "You're not, now get up and get ready to go. I wanna get on the road soon."

"We're leavin' now?" Rogue asked excitedly, bounding from the bed and bouncing lightly in place.

Logan had to avert his eyes from the jiggle of a certain part of her anatomy and clear his throat again before he could respond. "As soon as we're ready to go. I just have to shower and pack."

Rogue bounded across the room and threw her arms around Logan's neck, pulling him into a full-bodied hug. "Ah love ya, Logan."

"I love you too, darlin'," he returned honestly, "but you're crushing me."

Blushing heavily, Rogue released him and stepped back. "Sorry, sugah. Ah'll see ya in little while."

Nodding, Logan watched her leave then quickly filled a couple duffel bags with his belongings before moving back to the bathroom to shower and change.


Within an hour Logan and Marie were downstairs saying goodbye to everyone as they prepared to leave. Rogue had already said goodbye to her roommates upstairs but gave them each a hug once again before turning to Ororo.

"Have a good time, Rogue," the weather goddess ordered before pulling the younger woman into an embrace.

"Thanks, Ah'm sure Ah will."

"Rogue," Scott called once Ororo let her go. "Take care of yourself," he told her, holding open his arms in invitation.

With a smile Rogue stepped into his arms, hugging him tightly. "Ah will, daddy," she whispered softly, her voice full of humor. Pulling back she locked eyes with him, "Ya make it sound like Ah'm leavin' f'ever. We'll be back."

Scott just nodded then moved aside, making room for Jean.

"Have fun," Jean offered, hugging her as well. "And don't forget to be back before August."

"That's two and a half months, Jean," the teen returned.

"Just promise you won't miss my wedding. I don't want to have to find another bride's maid."

"Ah promise," Rogue nodded at her before turning to the professor.

"I hope you'll be happy with the accommodations," Xavier said with a smile. "Have a good trip."

Leaning down, Rogue wrapped her arms around the older man's shoulders. "Thanks fer ever'thin'," she said softly.

Charles Xavier nodded at her before offering his hand to Logan. "We'll see you when you get back."

Logan shook the man's hand then nodded to each of the others before bending down to pick up the bags. Marie's three hung heavily from one shoulder while his two did little to balance things out.

Rogue waved at the group over her shoulder as she followed Logan to the front door. "See y'all."

Waiting for them outside was a shiny, new, state-of-the-art motor home. Logan had asked the professor if he had a camper or something he could borrow and the telepath had assured him that he did but this was not what Logan was expecting. Marie was obviously as surprised as he was - they both stood there for a moment just staring before Logan finally moved forward. Shaking off her shock, Rogue followed him into their home away from home.

The place was even more amazing on the inside. Despite its compact size, it had every amenity they could possibly want. Just inside the side door, there was a small "living" area complete with a full-size couch and a TV with satellite feed. Across from that was a small table and chair set, which was definitely not your usual motor home "dining" booth and next to that was a kitchen with stove, oven, microwave and a fully stocked refrigerator/freezer. The short hallway was lined with storage on one side and a bathroom complete with shower on the other. At the back of the vehicle was the bedroom, two twin beds separated by the continuation of the hallway. Shaking his head at the plush overabundance and sending a mental 'thank you' toward the house, Logan stowed the bags in the closet then made his way back up toward the driver's seat.

"This is amazin'," Rogue breathed in awe. "There's as much room in here as any a the bedrooms in the house."

Nodding, Logan slid behind the steering wheel then looked back over his shoulder at Marie. "You ready to hit the open road?"

Smiling broadly, Rogue moved to take the seat beside him. "Are ya gonna tell me where we're goin'?"

"You'll find out," Logan told her mysteriously as he turned over the ignition.

From the front door of the mansion, Rogue's tight circle of friends, her family really, stood watching and waving as the motor home pulled away.


Sometime later, Logan brought the motor home to a stop at one of the series of booths that marked the border between the United States and Canada. Rogue wasn't at all surprised that Logan had decided on a path to the north, it was after all his territory. She was tempted to ask again what their final destination was but she decided against it, she wanted to be surprised.

Logan spoke evenly to the customs agent, answering his questions in a civil if not friendly manner. "Just taking a little vacation," he responded to another in a long line of questions.

"You both have a nice stay," the man offered with a smile as he waved Logan on.

Rogue smiled at the annoyed look on her boyfriend's face. It made her feel very special that she was about the only one that didn't seem to annoy him. From her seat, Rogue studied the side of his face - he really was the best looking man she'd ever set eyes on. That included all those pretty-boy movie stars that all her former friends in Mississippi always went on about. Logan was all man and even better, he was her man.

Zoning out for a minute, Rogue thought about her old friends, wondering what they all would think of Logan. She didn't really care because she knew those girls weren't really her friends, they never had been if they could turn their backs on her like they had. Then she wondered something else, what her mama would think of Logan? Marie had always been very close to her mother, at least until her father had forced them apart. Despite Logan's unknown background and the difference in their ages, she felt her mother would at the very least understand if she ever saw them together. In fact Rogue was pretty sure, given a little time, her mother would even approve.

Focusing her attention back on the moment at hand, Rogue was surprised to find Logan facing her, staring right back.

"You all right?" he asked, his voice soft and his eyes concerned.

Rogue nodded. "Ah's jus' thinkin'."

Logan knew that whatever it was she'd been thinking about was important. "Anything you wanna talk about?" he offered curiously.

The shrug she gave him wasn't very convincing. "Ah's jus' wonderin' what my mama'd think of ya," she told him after a long pause.

Turning to face her again, Logan's left eyebrow climbed high into his forehead. "And what'd you decide?"

"Ah think she'd like ya," Rogue assured him with a smile.

"That'd be a first," Logan responded teasingly. "I don't exactly represent the ideal picture of the kind of man any mother would want for their daughter."

"Well Ah guess ya don't gotta worry 'bout that, do ya?" she offered, looking at him pointedly.

Logan studied her expression for a moment, concerned that the topic might depress her. After a moment's consideration, he responded neutrally, "I guess I don't."


Their days on the road passed quickly and when they pulled over and parked for the night, Logan was pleased with the progress they'd made.

"Wha' d'ya wan' fer dinner?" Rogue asked, her voice muffled as she searched the supplies for something to fix.

"Food works for me," Logan assured her teasingly as he went about firing up the generator.

"Okay," she shrugged, pulling out a frozen slab of meat and handing it to him as he started past. "That work fer ya?"

Logan paused, staring at the offering for a moment before looking up to meet Marie's gaze. "I've had worse," he told her with a chuckle. "What sounds good to you?"

Turning back to the refrigerator, Rogue continued her search, setting aside the meat to thaw for another time. Almost immediately she spied a brick of cheese and pulled it out. "Ah wonder if we got any chili," she muttered to herself. She had barely opened one of the overhead cupboards to see what she could find, when something heavy hit the counter beside her. Startled by the loud bang, Rogue jumped back and cast her eyes at area in question only to find two cans of chili staring back at her.

"You want chili, you get chili," Logan said, crossing his arms over his chest and looking smug.

Shaking her head, Rogue moved back into the kitchen and started preparing their simple meal. For his part Logan, opened the cans, apparently they didn't have a can opener, and sliced the cheese. With both of them working in the kitchen area, space was getting a little tight and several times they bumped into each other. Finally after the fourth time, Logan left her to finish and moved to sit at the table, snagging the chair that allowed him to continue watching her. Within a few minutes Rogue joined him at the table and they ate their meal, mostly in silence, just enjoying being together.

When they were both finished eating, they cleared the table together, moving to the sink to wash up the dishes. Almost immediately they started bumping into each other again.

"Why don't ya go see if ya can find a movie on the TV," Rogue suggested finally.

With a nod Logan did as he was asked, finding something that he thought looked good before sprawling comfortably on the couch. He split his time between watching the TV screen and Rogue as she finished up the dishes and put everything away.

When she was finished, Rogue turned off the overhead light, leaving just the glow from the television to illuminate the area, then sat down next to him on the sofa. Logan shifted a little bit, allowing Rogue to cuddle against his side as he wrapped his arm around her neck. She wiggled a little more to make herself comfortable, finally resting her head on his chest just below his shoulder. From that position Rogue watched the movie that Logan had picked, having absolutely no idea what it was.

After a few minutes Logan shifted beneath her again, slouching a little more and lowering his head to rest against hers. Suddenly the movie didn't seem nearly as interesting as it had a few minutes ago. In fact Logan was having a hard time concentrating on anything except the smell of Marie's shampoo and the warmth of her body next to his.

Logan's hot breath tickling the top of Rogue's head was quickly distracting her from the show as well. Actually more than anything it was the occasional ragged breath that was getting to her, the way his chest would move almost spasmodically beneath her head.

They'd been together as a couple for over a month now and she felt it was time things progressed. She'd been content with the way things were, not that she didn't want Logan to touch her or let her touch him, but she hadn't been ready to make a move. At least until now. At the school it just seemed kind of awkward. Before her birthday, it had been pretty much impossible since the door was always opened. After her birthday, aside from Logan's insistence that she concentrate on her finals, there was always the threat of someone walking in unannounced, it had happened more than once. Now though, they were completely alone, there was no chance that someone would walk in and quite frankly, she was tired of waiting for Logan to make the first move.

Taking a deep fortifying breath of her own, Rogue unfolded her hands from her lap and moved her right one to rest lightly on his thigh. Immediately she felt Logan tense and he completely stopped breathing. Slowly Rogue lifted her head from his chest and looked up at him to find him staring at her with wide, dark and questioning eyes.

In answer to the unspoken question, Rogue shifted her hand a little higher onto his leg and actually felt him tremble.

"Marie," Logan called her name, his voice shaking slightly.

"Please, Logan," she returned, moving her other hand to his chest, smoothing it over the soft flannel of his shirt.

For a long moment Logan didn't move, then he pulled her against him into a tight embrace. He held her like that for quite a while before he finally lessened his grip and she pulled back slightly to look at him again.

Rogue was breathing heavily as she stared into Logan's eyes and ever so slowly slid her hands across his chest to the buttons of his shirt. Unbuttoning them proved to be a bigger challenge then she thought, thanks to her trembling hands. Finally she had the shirt fully opened and quickly pushed it from his shoulders leaving his chest covered only by a tight, black T-shirt.

Logan sat up and helped her remove the long sleeve garment before settling back against the cushions again. He could clearly see the curiosity and need in her eyes so he resigned himself to control and let her proceed.

Wanting a better angle to explore the marvel of his chest, Rogue shifted her position, slipping her leg across his so that one rested on either side of his thighs before sitting back on his knees. She paused when Logan's eyes rolled back in his head and a low growl rumbled from his chest. It wasn't until he opened his eyes again, looking at her with the same need, that she returned her hands to the cotton shirt spread tightly across rippling muscles. For a brief time, Rogue was content to follow the lines of his torso through the T-shirt but quickly that was no longer enough. Wanting to see what she was touching, she slowly started to pull the garment over his head.

Once again Logan aided her in removing the shirt, leaning forward and raising his arms. So far his battle for control was being waged successfully but as the silky feel of Rogue's gloved hands touched his bare chest for the first time, he felt it start to slip. His groin tightened painfully and closing his eyes he did his best to ignore it as Rogue's fingers splayed out across his torso. Logan opened his eyes slowly and watched her hands move across his skin, his chest hair clinging to her gloves.

Wanting to return some of what he was getting, Logan leaned forward abruptly, grabbing the flannel shirt Rogue had removed a short time ago. The confusion on her face prompted him to speak. "I need some protection for my arms," he growled - not your usual leave me alone growl but an extremely aroused growl. Shifting under her, he pulled on the shirt, leaving it open in the front for her to continue her exploration then without further warning he reached out and started to pull off her shirt.

Rogue pulled back sharply, startled by the action and frightened of not being covered.

"It's all right, baby," Logan assured her, indicating his long sleeves and gloves. "I'll be careful."

After a moment Rogue echoed Logan's earlier actions and raised her arms over her head so he could pull the garment off.

Tossing the shirt aside, Logan let his eyes rake over her bare skin, the nearly see-through black bra the last remaining barrier on her upper body. Again his groin responded to the sight of her, her chest heaving wildly in anticipation of his touch. It was at that moment that he realized that he hadn't yet returned the dog tags and ring that she'd thrown at him the night before and he'd stuffed into his pocket to return to her. At the moment he couldn't be distracted to do it and he hoped that he'd remember later.

Watching Logan's face as he stared at her chest started a churning in the pit of Marie's stomach that she'd never felt before. A moment later, when his hands slid up the sides of the ribs and stopped firmly atop her breasts, something snapped. A moan escaped her lips sharply as Logan gently kneaded the soft mounds through her bra. He continued that for a minute before he stopped and released the closure of the black garment, slipping it off her shoulders.

Logan's nostrils flared as the increasing scent of Marie's arousal assaulted him. His hands returned to her breasts and began a gentle onslaught, rolling his palms against her, pinching her nipples lightly to tight peaks. Almost immediately she started to moan and slowly rock her hips against his legs. The pain of his erection straining against the tightness of his jeans was becoming hard to ignore and an involuntary groan escaped his lips.

Rogue stopped her movement and pulled back from him, her concern clear on her face. "Are ya awl right, Logan?"

Nodding, he tried not to move as each shift caused more pain.

"No ya ain't," she countered sharply. "What's wrong?"

"My pants are gettin' kinda tight," Logan finally admitted quietly.

Rogue looked at him squarely. "So take 'em off."

Logan just stared at her for a moment, a myriad of emotions playing across his face. Finally he moved his hands from where they'd fallen onto her hips and carefully undid his jeans. The allayment was immediate.

Watching his face, Rogue smiled at the relief that washed over his features before she shuffled off his lap so he could stand up and fully remove his pants. She couldn't help but stare at the large bulge in the front of his shorts.

Noticing her scrutiny, Logan turned slightly to finish removing his jeans. Turning back he rested his hands on her shoulders. "Maybe we should stop."

Rogue's eyes widened. "Ah don' wanna stop, Logan."

"Marie, I..."

"D'ya?" she asked, pain filling her eyes.

"No," Logan admitted hastily, a thick huskiness to his tone that she had never heard before. "I don't wanna stop, Marie, but if I don't stop now, I won't be able to later."

Taking a step forward and placing her hands on his chest, she said, "I don't wan' ya t' stop."

Logan slowly lowered himself back down to the couch and Rogue quickly resumed her position on his lap. The thin stretch pants that she was wearing tickled Logan's bare legs as she shifted slightly. As soon as she was balanced, he reached for her again, resuming his attack on her breasts with a vengeance.

Rogue threw her head back and moaned loudly at the contact, once again her hips starting to move against his legs. Beneath her Logan was growling again, his own hips lifting once or twice mimicking hers.

The battle for control was quickly slipping away until finally Logan couldn't take it anymore. His hands flashed down her sides and latched onto her hips, pulling her against his erection as he bucked his hips toward her. Rogue's sharp cry of pleasure only made him pull her tighter against him. Within seconds she was whimpering and it was driving him crazy.

Jumping up from the sofa and wrapping Marie's legs around his hips, Logan pushed her back onto the table behind her, giving him more leverage as he ground his erection against her. Still coherent enough to remember Rogue's powers, Logan leaned back far enough to rip his shirt off again, promptly covering her naked torso with it. Using her legs, Rogue pulled him back against her, urging him on as both their loud cries pierced the silence of the motor home.

Leaning forward, Logan buried his head between Marie's breasts, protected by his shirt, and pounded against her frantically. He was so close and her loud whimpering and words of love only pushed him closer. As Logan felt her trembling with another orgasm, he joined her with a howl.

It took them both several moments to come back. Logan regained his senses first, taking in the scene before him with wide eyes. He pulled away from her quickly and stared down at where she was sprawled out on the table, her eyes still closed. Tears filled his eyes as he stepped forward again and pulled her into his arms. "I'm sorry, darlin'," he whispered lovingly.

Rogue opened her eyes with a start at not only his words, but also his tone of voice. It wasn't until she looked at him that she realized he was crying. "What's wrong?" she asked, her own eyes filling with tears.

"I didn't mean for it to be like that," Logan returned softly.

Fear gripped Rogue's heart as she processed his words. "Wha' d'ya mean?"

Closing his eyes Logan pulled her closer and held her tight. "Fuck, I didn't want your first time to be like that. I'm sorry, Marie."

Pulling back from him sharply, Rogue grabbed his face firmly between her gloved hands. "Listen t' me, Logan. I don't wan' ya t' apologize fer the most incredible experience of mah life. Ah love what just happened here, Ah wouldn't've had it happen any other way."

Logan opened his eyes to look at her and the honesty and sincerity in her expression eased his fears and guilt. "I ... you just drive me crazy, baby. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Laughing a little, Rogue swatted him playfully on the shoulder. "No, ya didn't hurt me."

"Good," Logan said with a twinkle in his eyes. "That means next time I don't have to hold back."

Rogue's eyes widened until she noticed the smirk on his face. "Ya're so bad!" she admonished mockingly.

"That's why you love me," Logan winked at her before he turned and started to walk toward the bathroom.

"Mostly Ah love ya 'cause a yer ass," Rogue called after him, admiring the view of the tight, white briefs he was wearing.

Logan's laugh filled the motor home and the surrounding area as he stepped into the small bathroom and closed the door.

Surveying the area with a critical gaze, Rogue took stock of everything that had just happened. Her first time and she did it on a table. Jubilee and Kitty were never going to believe that! Rogue smiled lightly as she picked up Logan's T-shirt off the floor and slipped it on before moving to the closet and changing out of the wet pants and panties she was wearing into a pair of pajama bottoms. Next she gathered her shirt and bra and Logan's jeans, tossing them into a pile at the end of the couch. She had just released the garments when suddenly strong arms wrapped around her from behind.

The tempo of the pulse that was still throbbing lightly between her legs increased as Logan's arms pulled her tightly against him again. "I have something for you," Logan breathed, millimeters away for the unprotected skin of her long neck.

"Ah know," Rogue returned with a giggle, swaying her hips slightly across his. "Ah can feel it."

Releasing her with a groan, Logan stepped away, moving a little closer to the couch. He glanced at her when a disappointed grunt escaped her throat but didn't halt his actions as he grabbed his jeans.

Rogue just stared in surprise as Logan pulled his pants from the pile on the couch and started rifling through them. She was about to ask him what it was he was doing when a smile played across his lips and he raised his eyebrows at her.

"I forgot to give these back to you," Logan told her as he held out his hand to reveal his dog tag and her ring. "I'm sorry, Marie."

Shifting her gaze from the items in his palm up to meet his eyes, Rogue smiled. "Don' be sorry, Logan. What with all that's happened, Ah f'got 'bout 'em mahself." Reaching out, Rogue took the ring and slipped it back on her left thumb over the top of her glove. As she did that, Logan pulled the chain, on which the tag rested, over her head.

The familiar weight of the tag resting once again on her chest made Rogue sigh. She looked down at the small nametag for a moment before tucking it under the neckline of the shirt she appropriated from him.

"That's one damn lucky piece of metal," Logan commented, reaching up to touch the tag through the cotton garment.

Rogue shifted a little beneath his hand so that his fingers brushed the side of her breast causing Logan to lift his left eyebrow quizzically. Smiling broader, she just returned the gesture, arching a brow of her own.

"And I'm a very lucky man," Logan added, bending slightly to gather Marie into his arms.

She squealed excitedly as he spun around and started toward the back of the motor home where the beds were. It wasn't until he was standing between the two, much too small, bunks that he remembered the arrangement of the sleeping quarters. Logan's forehead furrowed in a perplexed manner as his mind tried to work out how they could both fit in one of the small beds.

Sensing his turmoil, Rogue couldn't help but giggle a little. He was so utterly adorable some times in his over-wrought masculine actions that she couldn't stop herself.

Growling playfully at the girlish laugh, Logan carefully tossed her onto one of the tiny beds then started to stretch out beside her. After a few minutes of careful adjustment they managed to fit. It wasn't all that comfortable though with Rogue's face practically pressed to the side of the motor home and Logan's ass hanging off the edge of the bed. They didn't care though as they pulled the blankets up over them, they were not about to move.


It wasn't more than an hour later that a rather muffled crash and an extremely loud curse shattered the silence of the motor home and woke Rogue from an incredibly great dream. She shifted quickly, suddenly aware that Logan was no longer at her side. It was at that exact moment that he sat up from where he'd fallen off the bed onto the floor.

Rogue tried not to laugh or even smile but it was hard, at least until she noticed the blood seeping from his hair onto his back. "Mah Gawd, Logan, yer bleedin'!"

With a scowl, Logan ran his hand through the back of his thick, brown hair. Upon moving it away his hand was saturated with blood. "Yeah, I smacked my head on that damn nightstand," he muttered, gesturing to the offending object with one hand before cracking his neck with a sharp movement, first to one side and then the other.

"Lemme see," Rogue demanded worriedly, sitting up and sliding over closer to where he was.

"It's fine, darlin'," Logan objected. "It don't even hurt no more."

The look he got at that assured him that she wasn't going to settle for anything less than making sure for herself. Logan shifted around so that Rogue could more easily see the back of his head and silently folded his hands into his lap.

Rogue dug her gloved fingers down through his thick hair in the center of the highest concentration of blood but as he'd said, she didn't find any evidence of the wound that had recently been there. "Are ya sure ya're awl right?" she asked as she stood and reached down to help him to his feet.

"I'm fine, Marie," Logan assured her with a small smile. "Hell, I've had worse knocks than that to the head, darlin'."

"Ah'm sure ya have," Rogue agreed as she took his hand in hers and pulled him toward the bathroom. "Sit down," she ordered, guiding him by the shoulders until he sat on the covered toilet seat.

After running some warm water into the basin and retrieving a cloth and a towel from the closet, Rogue set to the task of cleaning him up. She started by wiping the blood from his shoulder before moving on to scrub at his hair. It took several minutes, minutes spent in silence, for Rogue to get all the blood out of the dark brown locks. When she was satisfied that his hair was clean, she started drying it with the towel.

Logan just sat there, enjoying the feel of Marie's hands in his hair. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the movement of her fingers on his scalp. It was relaxing and arousing all at the same time.

"There," Rogue announced, stepping back to admire him. He looked a little ridiculous with his sleep-flattened hair on one side of his head and the sharp point on the other - not that she would ever mention that. Hoping to hide her smile, she turned back to the sink and started to rinse out the bloodstained wash cloth.

Moving from his seat, Logan leaned forward and once again wrapped his arms around her from behind, pulling her back tightly against him. He held her there for a moment before his hands slid up her stomach and cupped her breasts lightly through the thin fabric of his T-shirt. Rogue sighed at the contact once again, letting her head roll back against his shoulder as he stroked her.

Removing one hand from her breast, Logan carefully rearranged Maire's hair around her neck. With that task complete, he nuzzled her cautiously as his hand strayed down her side, passed her hip to the hem of the oversized shirt. Slowly Logan's fingers pulled up the side of the garment until he could slip his hand underneath it and back up to her breast. His skin still protected by the long sleeves of his flannel shirt and the gloves on his hands.

"Logan," Rogue breathed softly as he molded his hands to her breasts, one above her shirt, the other beneath it. Her breathing was already becoming erratic and her heart was pounding strongly against her ribcage as the still slightly foreign feeling of intense arousal started to burn through her. Rogue sighed again at the feelings of Logan's hands on her body and his breath hot against her neck. She could also feel the evidence of his arousal tight against her lower back. Rogue shifted slightly and was rewarded with a low, sexually stimulating growl that rumbled from his chest into her back.

With one swift movement, Logan had Rogue pinned to the floor of the motor home in the little section between the two small beds. The area didn't allow much room but it was safer than the tiny bunks. The floor would just have to do until he could fix up something better.

Rogue gasped at the sudden action of being pulled to the floor then the giggling started as Logan's hands tickled her in their exploration. Finally her vocalizations turned to moans as Logan's gloved hand slipped down the front of her pajama bottoms and he began to skillfully work her over. Rogue tried to reciprocate but every time she touched him, Logan growled in warning and pushed her hands away. Before long she couldn't even begin to think straight enough to move much less touch him.

Logan watched Marie's face closely as he worked his magic on her, his mind fighting to file every sound and expression away. He brought her to orgasm repeatedly until they were both panting wildly, exhausted from the exertion, only then did he stop.

It took Rogue several minutes to get control of her body and make her mind work. When she finally managed it, she rolled onto her side to face Logan. His eyes were half-lidded and much darker than their normal hazel color and his face was flushed, looking much the way her own face felt. Rogue locked her eyes to his gaze, her breath still coming in ragged puffs as she reached out a hand to rest on his chest. "Logan..."

Shaking his head, Logan wrapped his hand around hers and moved it from his body. "Not tonight, Marie," he whispered shakily. "That was what I wanted your first time to be like ... all you."

Knowing from the tone of his voice that he wasn't about to change his mind, Rogue nodded with a smile. "So long as ya know that Ah'll be repayin' ya fer that at some point."

The quirk of an eyebrow and a lecherous smile was Logan's only reply as he rolled Rogue onto her other side and spooned his body around hers. Reaching up he pulled the blankets off the tiny bed at the side and drew them around them. "Good night, darlin'," he whispered near her ear, his hot breath warming her skin as Rogue drifted off to sleep.


The next day they started out again, Logan changing direction slightly so as not to take the most direct route to Alaska. Rogue still didn't seem to know where they were headed and wanted to keep the surprise in tact for as long as he could. Aside from that, he was looking for a larger town as he had some shopping to do if he was going to remodel their temporary home.

By mid-day, Logan pulled the vehicle into a sizable metropolis and began his search for an appropriate store. Rogue was concentrating on the scenery of the city and didn't notice where they were headed until Logan pulled into a parking lot and turned off the engine.

"What're we stoppin' here fer?" Rogue asked, confusion wrinkling her forehead as she studied the name on the storefront.

"I just need to pick up a few things," Logan informed her as he moved from the driver's seat and headed for the side door.

"At a buildin' store?" she questioned hesitantly.

"You wanna come in or stay here?" he asked, looking over his shoulder as he opened the door.

"Logan," Rogue cried impatiently, "what exactly are ya plannin'?"

Logan just lifted an eyebrow and smiled - something that was very endearing but at the same time it could also be infuriating. "I guess you'll see when I'm done," he told her mysteriously.

Marie's eyes narrowed as she studied his face. "Ah'm not sure the professor'll like whatever modifications ya've thought up in that head a yers, Logan," she admonished lightly, admiring the twinkle in his eyes.

"So I'll change it back before we get home," he shrugged nonchalantly. "You comin' or not?"

Shaking her head, Rogue rose from her seat and followed him out the side door of the motor home. "Someone better watch so's ya don't get in any trouble."

"Trouble?" Logan repeated innocently. "Me get in trouble? You must be thinkin' of somebody else."

"Oh, right," Rogue giggled as Logan slung his arm around her shoulder and started for the store. "Ah must have ya confused with that evil twin a yers."

Logan chuckled, nodding his head slightly. "Now that's one bastard you gotta watch. No telling what crazy shit he's thinking."

They laughed together as they entered the building store and went to shopping. Rogue followed Logan through the warehouse, silently taking the items he handed her to carry. A measuring tape, a hammer and some nails, those were reasonable, it was the king-sized air mattress that got her thinking. Then it was back to the lumber stock where she watched while he picked out a thick, sturdy piece of plywood. Minutes later they were back outside, Logan securing the wood to the top of the motor home as Rogue put their other purchases inside.

Before long they were once again on the road. Rogue stared openly at Logan, studying his profile carefully. "So, ya gonna tell me what ya need awl that stuff fer?"

Logan shifted his gaze momentarily from the road to his companion. With a mischievous smile he responded simply, "Nope."

"Fine," Rogue returned in a mock pout. "Ah don't wanna know anyhow."

"That's good," Logan returned seriously, "because I ain't gonna tell ya."

Rogue threw a playful glare at him and stuck out her tongue for good measure.


When they were ready to stop for dinner, Logan found an old deserted mining road and parked the motor home for the night. It wasn't real late but their camping site had a beautiful view of a pristine lake and by the time Rogue had their steaks cook the sun was beginning to set. Taking their meals outside, Logan and Rogue sat side by side on a fallen log - eating quietly and watching the sun go down. Rogue couldn't remember ever seeing a more beautiful sight. After a moment she wondered how much the company had to do with that because she remembered now how incredible the sunrise had been the morning after the prom, the first morning she woke up with Logan's arms wrapped around her.

They pretty much finished their meal in silence as the sun dipped down behind the mountain range to the west. They each set their plate aside and watched the last of the brilliant colors of day fade to darkness.

Rogue stared out at the horizon, her eyes dipping time and time again to the gentle waves of the lake in front of her. As a child in Mississippi, she'd lived very close to a lake much like that one and swimming had always been one of her favorite activities - swimming at night was the best. It seemed like ages since she'd been in anything even remotely close to a swimsuit not that she even owned such a thing these days. Rogue closed her eyes and listened as the softly crashing waves call to her until she couldn't take it anymore. She literally jumped to her feet, moving quickly before she changed her mind. "Come on," she cried, grabbing Logan's arm and pulling him to his feet.

Logan was a bit surprised by her sudden enthusiasm but it quickly turned to mirth. "Where're we goin'?" he asked as she led him down toward the lakeshore.

"We're goin' swimmin'," Rogue informed him, smiling brightly.

His brows knitting together in a scowl, Logan planted his feet and brought Marie to an abrupt stop along with him.

"Come on, Logan," she prodded, attempting to pull him back into motion.

"Nope," he responded, shaking his head, "I can't swim."

Rogue giggled softly. "Well, that's awl right, sugah, Ah ain't gonna let ya drown. Ah'll show ya how."

"I didn't say I didn't know how, I just can't do it," Logan tried to clarify.

"Why not?" Rogue demanded a little hurt that he wouldn't at least try with her.

"Adamantium wasn't exactly made to float, darlin'," he explained. "How about I watch you from here?"

Rogue considered that for a moment and seemed to accept it. "Awl right, Ah won't be long."

Logan watched her as she started to strip off layer after layer of clothing, a smile broadening on his face with each piece removed. "You just take as long as you want, Marie."

Returning to his seat on the log, Logan strained against the darkness to see her as she pulled her naked body through the moonlit water. Marie was as graceful in the water as she was on land, her lithe body defined by the movement of her muscles. As Logan sat there, his own body started to respond to the sight of the naked young woman swimming only a short distance away, in fact sitting was becoming painful rather quickly.

Having satisfied her desire to swim after a few more minutes, due mainly to the fact that the water was very, very cold, Rogue returned to the shore. She stopped momentarily to retrieve her clothes from where she'd shed them then moved to where Logan was standing by the log.

"How was your swim?" he asked staring at her chest, which was in an obvious state of chill.

"Cold," Rogue responded with a shiver, "or hadn't ya noticed?"

Logan laughed deep in his throat. "I noticed, but I was hoping it was just 'cause you were glad to see me."

Rogue giggled a little herself as he eyes focused on the large bulge in the front of Logan's jeans. "Ya mean like yer happy to see me?" she teased before another shiver shook her body.

"Why don't we get you inside and warm and then we can decided who's happy to see who?" Logan suggested, gesturing her to the door of the motor home.

Nodding, Rogue moved inside and walked the closet for a towel. "Ah think Ah'll jus' take a hot shower, Ah wanna wash the lake off an' it should help t' warm me up."

"Sounds like a good plan," Logan agreed, watching as she entered the bathroom and closed the door. As soon as she was out of sight, he went to work with his remodeling and by the time Marie stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a thick robe, Logan had a surprise for her.

Rogue didn't notice it at first, having just exited the bathroom and headed for where Logan was sitting on the couch. Curling one leg up underneath her, she snuggled up to Logan's side and cuddled against his chest.

"Did you get warm?" Logan asked, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer. Turning his head he inhaled the scent of her shampoo, closing his eyes at the emotion that subtle scent forced through him.

"Being here with ya like this is certainly warmin' me up," she responded in a spicy little tone, as her fingers danced suggestively on his thigh.

Logan's breath caught in his throat and a low growl rumbled from his chest as he closed his eyes tightly and marveled at the feel of her small hand on his leg.

"Logan?" Rogue's voice was low and sort of timid.

Opening his eyes, Logan turned to face her, his gaze heated as he looked into her darkened eyes.

"Ah wanna see ya," she informed him, biting nervously on her lower lips when she finished.

Of course Logan knew what exactly it was that she wanted to see but he wasn't sure that she was ready for that, hell he wasn't sure that he was ready for that. "Marie..."

"Please, Logan?" Rogue's voice was still soft but no longer timid and not at all whiny as she asked again.

A mute nod was Logan's only response but Rogue took it. She rose to her feet then pulled him up as well to stand in front of her. Marie was already breathing hard and her hands were shaking with anticipation as she started to unbutton his flannel shirt. Working quickly, she had Logan shirtless in short order and turned her attention to his pants.

Rogue first released the large belt buckle at his waist, letting the ends hang down as she moved her gloved fingers to the buttons on the fly. As she released the first one, Rogue looked up from beneath her lashes to watch Logan's face. His eyes were closed tightly and his lightly parted lips were trembling ever so slightly. Rogue was shocked and amazed at Logan's reaction to her, especially considering that she hadn't even really touched him yet.

It didn't take her long to unbutton his jeans all the way, her fingers being careful as she worked. Once the pants were opened, she slipped her hands in at Logan's sides and pushed them down over his hips. Logan had already removed his shoes so it was easy for him to step out of his jeans when Rogue pushed them low enough.

After helping her remove his jeans, Logan returned to a standing position despite the fact that his knees were growing week. He looked down at Marie and she gave him the most incredible, sexy smile that he'd ever seen in all the years he remembered. Logan closed his eyes again as Rogue's fingers burrowed beneath the waistband of his shorts and started to push them off as well.

Marie had seen pictures of naked men before, Jubilee had a thing for Playgirl, said she liked to read the articles. Yeah right! Anyway, she'd seen naked men before but not even that prepared her for the sight of Logan standing before her completely nude. His muscular frame covered in brown hair was a sight to behold, as was his partially erect penis. Frankly Rogue hadn't thought the pictures in Jubilee's magazines were all that attractive but then none of those pictures were of anyone who looked like Logan!

She watched him for a moment, studying his face as he stood there with his eyes closed. Her gaze still locked on his face, Rogue brought her hands up to his glorious chest and pressed her palms firmly against him. She felt the muscles beneath her gloved hands, ripple with building tension as she skimmed the tips of her fingers down his abs.

Logan's chest jerked wildly under the halting breaths escaping him. He actually trembled, something he couldn't ever remember doing, as Rogue's hands slid down below his waist. Logan wobbled slightly on legs that were quickly becoming too weak to hold him up.

"Marie, ... bed..." Logan growled in a low voice.

"There ain't room there," she started to protest but Logan just grabbed her hand gently and pulled her toward the back of the motor home. As he pulled her along behind him, Rogue focused her attention on his bare ass, enjoying the view, so it wasn't until he stopped and sat down that she noticed the change he'd made.

Rogue stared in shock at their new sleeping arrangements. Apparently while she'd been in the shower, Logan had put the supplies to use, turning the two tiny bunks into one huge bed. Using the plywood he bridged the gap between the beds then used the air mattress to soften the area giving them the equivalent of a king-size bed.

From the bed, Logan looked up at her with a growing smile. "Surprise, darlin'."

"Well it certainly is, sugah," Rogue returned in an awed tone as she settled at Logan's side, her right hand coming to rest on his naked thigh.

Logan gasped for breath than released it in a low growl, his body tightening at the feel of a small, silk-gloved hand on his bare skin.

Smiling broadly, Rogue watched Logan's face as she skimmed her hand across his thigh experimentally. She could easily feel the power of the muscular tissue beneath her fingertips as he tensed. Her hand memorized the definition of his leg, every curve and line as she watched his eyes roll back in his head while his nostrils flared and the muscles in his jaw clench repeatedly. Shifting her hand a little she felt his manhood twitch, his breath catching as a low growl rumbled from his chest.

Working to regulate his breathing, Logan drew in a series of slow, shaky breaths as Marie fondled him lightly, following each vein up his hardening length. He damn near quit breathing all together when her slim fingers wrapped firmly around him, applying just the right amount of pressure. Logan wondered how she knew so well how to hold him, he knew it wasn't from experience so that left either instinct or else it was something else she picked out of the memories and experiences he'd given her when he saved her life. The last thought brought a chuckle to his lips.

"What's so funny?" Rogue demanded in a nervous tone.

His eyes snapping opened, Logan looked at her as he wiped the smirk off his face. "I was just wondering where you picked up the knowledge to do that so well," he said honestly.

A demure smile graced her lips as Rogue looked at him from beneath her eyelashes. "Where d'ya think Ah picked it up? It sure as hell wadn't from Magneto, Ah'll tell ya that right now."

Again Logan laughed. "That's what I figured."

"Well since ya know Ah know what ya like, why don't ya jus' lay back and enjoy it?" Rogue suggested confidently.

Logan arched an eyebrow in response before lowering his back to the thick mattress behind him.

Marie shifted her own position to get more comfortable before turning her attention to her task. She very quickly proved just how well she knew what he wanted, fast and hard. Rogue waited until he closed his eyes again before carefully pulling the long, silk glove from her free hand with her teeth. Pausing briefly in her stokes she changed hands.

As soon as Logan registered the change in texture of her hand, his eye popped opened as he started to sit up. He froze in mid-motion when he caught sight of Marie pulling off her glove, once again with her teeth, to reveal a pair of latex gloves underneath. Logan just stared at her for a moment, unable to think enough to form words.

"Ah found a box of 'em in the bathroom," Rogue informed him after pulling the glove the rest of the way off and releasing it from her mouth. She knew what he wanted to know even if he couldn't ask. Without further comment or waiting for him to recover, Rogue changed hands again and returned to the smooth, more coordinated rhythm that she knew he liked.

Logan's eyes rolled back up in his head as he returned to his prone position. The latex gloves were soft and smooth enough that with his eyes closed he could imagine that they weren't there at all, that it was Marie's skin touching him rather than a piece of rubber.

Rogue continued her efforts with one hand while she explored a little with the other. She took careful mental notes of where her fingers were each time he squirmed or moaned or better yet, growled. Rogue was truly surprised by how sexy such an animalistic sound could be - quite frankly it was the sexiest thing she'd ever heard.

As the tension continued to build thanks to Marie's efforts, Logan's hands curled into the sheet around his hips, his knuckles white from the strain of his clenched fists. Rocking his hips in time with Rogue's hand, Logan knew that he wouldn't be able to hold out much longer. Marie definitely knew what he liked. Feeling the inevitable shift toward release, Logan managed to work one hand free from the sheets and he gently rested it atop hers to halt her movements.

Logan wasn't the only one that knew he was close. Bringing her exploration to an end, Rogue took his hand in her free one and lowered it back to the bed, pinning his wrist there so he couldn't move his arm. Knowing he'd just try again with the hand still clutching the bed coverings, Rogue shifted slightly, pinning his other arm to the bed with her knee. Through it all she'd managed to maintain her rhythm and slowly now she started to change it, moving faster toward his release.

Beneath her, Logan fought being restrained for only a moment before he stopped to enjoy the ride. He repeated her name over and over again, growing in volume and speed the closer he came until he finally shouted it out with his release.

Rogue eased her movements to a stop and watched Logan's face soften as he returned to his senses after the intense orgasm she'd just given him. Slowly she shifted to release his wrists then started to sit back when suddenly his hands were on her shoulders, pushing her back into the mattress as Logan quickly reversed their positions.

Releasing a shaky breath, Logan nuzzled her neck behind the protection of her robe for a moment, the musky smell of his cum almost overpowering the more subtle and sweet scent of Marie's arousal. Slowly Logan pulled back from her, staring into her wide brown eyes full of need and wanting. "I'll be right back, darlin'," he told her before quickly rolling off of her and rising to his feet.

Logan practically ran to the bathroom where he took a moment to clean himself up a little bit before seeking out the box of gloves that Marie had found. Pulling the latex on as he made his way back out of the bathroom, Logan returned to the bed to find Rogue waiting for him where he'd left her. Stretching out at her side, he brought up a gloved hand to tenderly caress her face.

After tracing Marie's eyebrows, cheekbones, jaw line, nose and lips, Logan slowly started peeling the top of her robe open and continued down her neck. He worked his hand down her body as his index finger traced the line of the metal chain resting against her chest.

With a sigh, Rogue enjoyed the feel of the caress as Logan's hand splayed out in the valley between her breasts where the tag with his name on it was nestled. Everything was right with the world at least until she felt Logan release the tie of her robe and start to open it completely. With a shocked jerk, Rogue bolted upright, scooting back and away from him, her eyes wide and full of fear.

"What's wrong, darlin'?" Logan asked. Confused by her sudden actions and the smell of fear rolling off of her. He started to move toward her to calm her down but she only climbed further into the corner.

Rogue didn't answer verbally but her actions were louder than any words would have been as she pulled her robe tightly closed once again.

Closing his eyes and cursing himself for his own stupidity, Logan rose from the bed and moved to the closet a few feet away. In his haste to show her how good she'd just made him feel, he'd forgotten about the fact that he was still naked. Quickly he donned sweat pants, socks and a long sleeve flannel shirt before returning to the bed. "C'mere, Marie," he murmured, holding out his arms for her.

Replacing the smell of fear was the equally worrisome scent of tears and shame.

"Oh, baby, c'mere," Logan repeated softly.

Rogue wiped her eyes on the sleeve of her robe and just looked at him sadly.

Slowly Logan shifted further onto the bed and took her into his arms, holding her tightly to his chest. "I'm so sorry, Marie, I wasn't thinkin'," he muttered softly into the hair surrounding her ear. "You know I would've been careful though, darlin'."

"I know, Logan, but wha' if ya weren't? Wha' if somethin' happened?" Rogue sobbed onto his cloth-covered chest.

"Marie, look at me," Logan said softly. After a moment in which she continued hiding in the folds of his shirt, he curled a finger under her chin and lifted her face toward his. "Baby, listen to me," he began tenderly, "nothing's gonna happen. Even if I did slip and touch you, we both know the score and we can both keep it from being bad. I've survived twice already and in much more dire situations and believe me, if it's a matter of being around to continue doin' what we've been doin' then you can be sure that I'll be careful."

Rogue sighed loudly. "I know ya'll be careful, Logan, but accidents happen and out here we don't have anyone t' help us."

Logan nodded, she was right, they were alone but he truly wasn't worried. He knew that more than anything it scared her because it was something new, the whole turn in their relationship was new to her and being naked around anyone when she was so used to being completely covered was bound to be a difficult thing to get used to. It didn't matter whether he was clothed or not, she'd have to get comfortable with being naked herself and he was going to see to it that she became that way, as quickly as possible. At the same time he wasn't about to push her either.

Stretching out on the large bed, Logan pulled Marie down with him then spooned around her, holding her close. "It's all right, darlin'," Logan whispered near her ear as he pulled the blankets over them and situated the pillows for their heads, or at least his, she seemed content to just use him. "I know accidents happen but even if they do they won't be as bad as before, both times before you were hurt real bad and I didn't know how long to hold on. If something happened now, you'd know and you'd be able to stop it before I got hurt."

"Maybe ya're right," Rogue conceded softly.

"I am," Logan assured her smugly, giving her a light squeeze to make his point. "You know I'd never do anything to hurt you, Marie, right? Well, I know that getting myself hurt would hurt you too and I'm not prepared to do that but you have to trust me to not hurt either of us. Can you do that?"

Rogue shifted slightly in his arms so she could turn to face him. "Ah do trust ya, Logan."

"We should get some sleep, baby, it's gettin' late," he said, adjusting her in his arms again.

"Night, Logan," Rogue offered softly.

"Good night, Marie. Sweet dreams."


The next couple of days continued like the first ones, moving slowly on a winding course toward Alaska. Logan was pretty sure that Marie still didn't know exactly where they were headed and he hoped to keep it that way. The next several nights he worked to slowly get her accustomed to wearing a whole lot less. Finally on the night before they were to reach Alaska, he had her completely naked for the first time.

Logan had been waiting for her when she finished in the shower and as soon as the water was shut off, he opened the door and without warning wrapped a towel around her and pulled her into his arms.

Rogue squealed lightly in anticipation as Logan carried her toward their bed at the back of the motor home, laying her out gently before stretching out beside her. She watched him skim his eyes over her towel-clad body with an appreciative smile before slowly starting to pull the towel off of her inch by inch. Rogue closed her eyes and tried to breathe easy as her nerves threatened to overwhelm her again.

Sensing her discomfort, Logan paused until she opened her eyes and met his gaze, "Trust me, Marie."

Taking a deep, fortifying breath, Rogue nodded. "Ah do."

With a comforting and encouraging smile, Logan continued easing the towel off of her until she was completely naked.

"God, baby, you are so beautiful," Logan assured her as his eyes once again skimmed down her body.

Marie blushed lightly, chewing nervously on her bottom lip. She was concentrating so much on his face that she didn't even know he'd moved until a latex covered finger touched her neck. Rogue jumped at the unexpected contact but recovered quickly.

Logan moved his hand slowly down her neck, curling his finger around to the center of her throat. He paused there before starting a beeline down the middle of her body - finally bringing his finger to rest on the tag nestled between her bare breasts. Gliding the tip of his latex glove over the etched lettering on the tag for a moment, Logan then quickly turned his attention to more important matters.

Slowly he skimmed his fingertips down under the lower curve of her right breast, circling up and over the top. Logan continued that pattern, the circles getting concentrically smaller until only her taut nipple was included.

It was a tough call for Logan to know where to look as he continued his efforts, moving to repeat the process on Marie's left breast. He loved to watch her face contort with pleasure at his touch but at the same time this was really the first time that he could see what he was feeling and doing. As it turned out he split his time nearly evenly between watching her face and watching his hand.

The combination of soft moans and sharp sighs that Marie was releasing, not to mention the increasing smell of her arousal, threatened to allow the beast inside to overwhelm Logan. Shifting his position next to her, Logan continued fondling her breasts with his left hand as his right set out on a journey to the south.

Marie stopped breathing as the sensation of soft latex slid slowly across her stomach and slipped down between her thighs. "Ooooh," she moaned, her body trembling badly.

That sound alone had Logan half way to orgasm himself, his groin already straining against the front of his sweatpants. "Oh God, Marie," he groaned heavily as he increased the activity of both hands. "Jesus, baby, you are so hot."

The incredible feelings swirling through Rogue's body were quickly making her forget the fact that she was naked. "Aw, Lo-gan," she sighed, spreading herself open to allow him more access.

Logan growled low in his throat at her response. "Oh yeah, baby, that's it," he breathed hotly, his mouth dangerously close to her unprotected ear. Pulling back slightly to look at her whole body as she withered beside him, Logan wished, not for the first time, that he could really touch her. He wanted to kiss her lips, nuzzle and nip her neck, suckle at her breasts, and he wanted to bury his face between her legs and taste the sweetness of her that he could smell heavy in the air.

Forcing those thoughts aside for now, he concentrated on what he could do. "Come on, darlin'," he encouraged hoarsely as he slid a gentle finger into her wet opening.

Rogue whimpered loudly at the invasion, moaning his name as her hands searched for purchase. Her right hand twisted tightly into the sheet at her side, her left finding Logan's thigh. Through the haze in her mind, she managed to make her arm obey and move enough to find Logan's painfully neglected member.

It took all the strength he had to ignore the small hand rubbing him firmly through his pants and concentrate on his own efforts. He moved slightly forcing Marie to move her hand away from him and giving him better leverage to increase his ministrations. Logan could see the frustration she felt at not being able to continue her own campaign and he watched it quickly disappear in the wake of impending release.

A supremely satisfied grin spread across Logan's features as he felt Marie tense beneath him and her vocalizations grow louder and more frequent. "That's it, Marie. Oh, come on, baby."

"Aw ... aw Gawd!" Rogue gasped as a blinding light flashed behind her closed eyelids and her body flew apart. "LOGAN!"

Logan continued his attention until she started to relax again then immediately he rolled onto his back, lifting her as he did so. He looked up at her - her face still flushed, her naked body still trembling with her recent orgasm. Logan met her gaze, his control hanging by a bare thread as he lowered her down on top of him.

Marie eased off the pressure slightly by rising up on her knees at the loud, long hiss that escaped between Logan's clenched teeth. Still holding most of her weight on her knees, she started to roll her hips, her still tingling center grazing his cloth-covered erection. Rogue watched his face carefully as she increased the weight she rested on him.

His control slipping that much further, Logan brought his hands to her hips and pulled her down sharply, making them both moan loudly. Even at that, he didn't release her but instead kept his hands firmly on her hips as he bucked his up into hers.

Finally resting all her weight on him, Marie matched Logan's rhythm thrust for thrust.

"Oh fuck yeah," Logan growled in encouragement, forcing his eyes opened to watch as she bounced tantalizingly above him. "That's it, baby. God, Marie, harder!"

Throwing her head back with abandon, Rogue arched her back to change the angle and thus the amount of pressure she exerted on his raging erection. She dropped her hands to the bed on either side of his knees to balance herself as she increased the power of her thrusts.

Logan's harsh breathing was loud in the confined area of the motor home as he approached the point of release. Moving his hands from her hips, they each gathered a breast, his palms rubbing her tight nipples to increase the stimulation on her body.

Faltering slightly in her efforts thanks to Logan's hands joining the act, Marie tried to focus on him and was quickly back on track. In fact it wasn't long before they were both screaming the other's name as they came together.

They both froze for an instant at the mind-blowing sensations flowing through them and then Marie slumped forward, collapsing onto Logan's chest, his arms wrapping immediately around her. Both were quiet for a moment as well, each working to catch their breath.

It was Logan who recovered first, thanks to his amazing healing factor. "Jesus Christ, Marie," he sighed loudly, "that was incredible."

A wonderfully innocent smile appeared on Rogue's face as she pulled back to look at him. "Really?" she asked insecurely.

Meeting her gaze squarely, Logan nodded. "Yeah ... really. Darlin', that's the best it's ever been."

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as her expression turned somber.

"What's wrong, Marie?"

Sitting back slightly, she shook her head a couple of times, dropping her gaze to the side. "Ah jus' wish that we could really... Ah mean, Ah wanna be able t' make love with ya awl the way, Logan. Ain't ya gonna get tired a awl this half way stuff?"

Logan's forehead furrowed, distorting his entire face. "Half way stuff?" he repeated, his hands moving to her shoulders in a firm grip. "Listen to me, Marie. We will be able to make love someday but even if we can't the answer is no. I will not get tired of all this half way stuff - as long as it's with you."

The smile returned to her face and became more confident then as she carefully rolled off him and started to get up.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Logan demanded, reaching out to pull her back down beside him. "I ain't through with you yet, darlin'."

Looking at him from beneath long lashes, Marie gave him a seductively roguish grin. "Wha' d'ya have in mind, sugah?"

Logan's laugh shook the entire motor home, as did the sexy growl that followed it. "C'mere and find out," he ordered playfully, a lecherous smirk dominating his gruffly handsome features.


As it turned out, they were up more than half the night - after all, Logan still had a lot of time to make up for and he was determined to make it up quickly. Marie of course didn't seem at all opposed to helping in fact she was getting to be almost as insatiable as he was.

They were still a few hours out from the Alaska border when Logan decided to stop for supplies. With Marie asleep in the back following the very late night, he jotted down a quick note and left it on the pillow beside her before exiting.

Logan moved swiftly through the store picking up the few necessities that they needed to get them by for the next few days. He was on his way from the automotive department to check out when something caught his eye in another department - one he would never have noticed before. Now though he was drawn in like metal to a magnet.

Reaching out, Logan fingered a beige bolt of sheer fabric, a leering grin spreading across his features. The smirk broadened, his left eyebrow rising toward his hairline as he took in the similar material in black, navy, white and red.

Unloading the armful of merchandise he'd already gathered on a nearby end cap, he started pulling the bolts off the display when a voice called out from behind him.

"Can I help you, sir?" a young female voice asked.

"Yeah," Logan responded, turning to face the surprised salesgirl with his arms full of five bolts of fabric. "I wanna get this."

The young woman's eyes widen even further when she saw Logan's face. "Okay," she said, punctuating that with a long pause. "I can cut those for you at the table."

With a curt nod he made his way to the table she'd indicated and slammed the bolts down.

Grabbing the first ream, the salesgirl prepared the fabric to cut before looking up at the feral looking man across from her. "How much of this one would you like, sir?"

Logan's forehead furrowed with impatience. "I want it all," he returned gruffly. Then, just to clarify further, he gestured at the other material as well and repeated his statement. "I want it all."

The girl swallowed hard, her eyes so wide they were in danger of popping out. "Okay... It'll take me a while to measure it all."

Tapping his foot impatiently, Logan succeeded only in making her slower as she struggled with a bad case of nerves.

After ten or fifteen minutes of watching her fumble with the bolts, Logan excused himself so he could retrieve the other items he'd gathered. Even then it was close to twenty minutes later by the time she finished.

"They will ring that up for you at the front, sir," the salesgirl told him. Her relief at finally getting rid of the growling man was more than obvious in her tone.

"Thanks," Logan muttered as he grabbed the huge pile of material from her. It took him a moment to organize everything so he could manage it to the front of the store and then he was off. There was only one more thing he had to pick up on his way out.

Luckily - for him and the store staff - there was no waiting at the checkouts. The clerk did however risk her life by looking from the fabric to the man purchasing it with a snicker.

The low growl that rumbled from the pit of Logan's stomach was enough, not only to smother the laugh but to wipe the smirk off her face as well.

By the time he made it back to the motor home, Marie was awake and about to go looking for him.

"There ya are," she greeted with a sexy drawl and a wide smile, backing up as Logan entered with one small bag and one huge one.

"Hey there, darlin'," he said, tossing his load on the couch beside the door before wrapping his arms around her. Logan pulled her sharply against his body and began to nuzzle, kiss and nip her neck where it was protected by her scarf. "Did you have a good nap?"

Marie giggled lightly at the tickle of his ever-present sideburns against her check. "It woulda been better if ya'd been with me," she insisted in a sultry tone.

"If I'd been with you, you wouldn't have been sleepin'," Logan assured her, his hands working to show her way she wouldn't have been sleeping.

"Logan," she chided, trying to sound sharp but it came out very playful. "Sugah, there're people watchin'."

He pulled back enough to remove his lips from her, growling as he did so. "Let 'em watch."

Laughing low in her throat, Marie struggled until he finally let her go. "Jeez, ya horny monster!"

Staring at her with a wide, toothy grin, Logan wiggled his brows as he brought both hands up to the sides of his face, his index fingers pointed up to make horns. Playfully he stalked toward her. "I'm an animal, darlin', not a monster," he stated in a mockingly hurt tone. "There is a difference you know?"

"Ah don't think ya're either," Marie told him clearly. "If ya ask me, ya're awl man!"

Logan paused in his advance, suddenly becoming motionless, a contemplative expression blanketing his handsome features. "If that's true, Marie, it's all because of you!"

"Aw, sugah, that's sweet," she returned, her teasing tone revealing her belief that he was making light.

Shaking his head, Logan advanced on her, taking her gloved hands in his. "I ain't teasing, Marie. If it wasn't for you, I'd still be that animal beating the shit out of drunks for money. You make me want to be more than that ... better than that."

The sincere honesty of both his expression and tone left Marie crying.

Confused by her emotional reaction, Logan's brow furrowed as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tightly to his chest. "Hey now, darlin'," he began softly, "I didn't mean to make you cry."

Marie shook her head - at that moment she was still too overwhelmed by his statement to form words of her own.

"Shh," Logan soothed quietly. "Come on, baby. You know I hate it when you get upset."

Sniffling softly, Marie ran her gloved hands over her eyes. "They're happy tears, sugah," she insisted, her voice trembling lightly with emotion. "Ah jus'..."

"You what, darlin'?" he asked, pushing her away slightly so he could look at her.

"Ah jus' love ya so much an' Ah still can't believe sometime that ya love me too," Rogue admitted in a quiet whisper.

"Believe it, Marie," Logan said firmly. "It's the truth. I love you. More than I ever thought I could love anything."

Her head tilting to the side, a sweet smile on her face, Marie gave him a wink before turning to unpack the supplies he'd bought. She reached for the one oversized bag first but before she could even touch it, Logan snatched it off the couch and jerked it away.

"That one's a surprise," he relayed to her at the shocked expression she turned on him.

"Okay..." Rogue returned, drawing out the word as she wondered what he'd found that had him all secretive.

Logan just grinned as he pinned her with a serious look. "It's for tonight now," he told her with a long pause. "Promise me you won't go peeking."

"Wha' makes t'night so special?" she wanted to know, her curiosity increasing due to his behavior.

"Well, darlin', you'll just have to wait 'til tonight to find out, won't you?"

Laughing lightly, Marie nodded. "Ah guess Ah will."

While Rogue stowed the rest of his purchases, Logan stashed the bag in the storage area beneath the bed. He knew that she couldn't sneak a peek without him knowing so there was no need in hiding it but he figured out of sight was out of mind and at least she wouldn't be tempted to try if it was out of sight.

In short order they were back on the road with Marie none the wiser on where they were headed or how close they were to their destination. Logan's path had been indirect enough that even if she knew where they were going she wouldn't have had a clue where they were.

"Ya mind if Ah turn on the radio, sugah?" Rogue asked after half an hour of silence.

"Nope," Logan returned with a grunt. At first he'd been reluctant to have it on since he doubted they had similar taste in music but that had quickly been disproved.

"Ya wan' fast and hard?" she questioned with a smirk and an arched brow.

Logan laughed at the double entendre. "Is there any other way?"

Licking her lips suggestively, Marie fiddled with the radio until she ran across something appropriate.

As the song ended, the disk jockey came on with his annoyingly upbeat tone, talking over the intro to the next song. "And now from the request lines we go back in time with this retro hit by AC/DC..."

She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen
She had the sightless eyes
Telling me no lies
Knockin' me out with those American thighs
Taking more than her share
Had me fighting for air
She told me to come but I was already there
Cause the walls start shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you -
Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long

As the song continued, Logan and Marie looked to each other, both clearly amused by the timing of the song and how well it related to them.

Working double time
On the seduction line
She was one of a kind, she's just mine all mine
She wanted no applause
Just another course
Made a meal out of me and came back for more
Had to cool me down
To take another round
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing
'Cause the walls were shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you -
Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long
And knocked me out and then you
Shook me all night long
You had me shakin' and you
Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me
Well you took me
You really took me and you
Shook me all night long
Ooooh you
Shook me all night long
Yeah yeah you
Shook me all night long
You really took and you
Yeah you shook me, yeah you shook me
All night long

While the next classic rock song began, Logan reached over and turned down the volume, looking to Marie with a broad grin. "I think I found a new favorite song, darlin'," he told her, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Well it certainly gives me some ideas fer this evenin', sugah," Marie returned with a wink.

"Fuck evening," Logan said, his tone teasing but just barely.

Rogue batted her eyelashes at him, her smile broadening. "Ah already said yes."

Logan groaned loudly, shaking his head. "Damn, baby, you kill me sometimes."

"Aw, sugah, Ah'd never kill ya," she assured him seriously before tilting her head, a mischievous glint in her eye, "Ah might knock ya out and shake ya awl night long though."

Loud barking laughter filled the interior of the motor home, a low giggle quickly joining in. Marie was so busy watching Logan and thinking of her next comment from the song that she didn't notice the scenery outside or the sign announcing their arrival at the border. In fact she didn't notice anything until Logan started to slow down to pass through the checkpoint.

"What're ya..." the rest of the question died in her throat as she finally looked out the window and realized where they were. "Oh mah Gawd! Logan," she cried emotionally.

"Surprise, darlin'," he said softly, looking at her questioningly, hoping that he'd done well.

The love Marie felt for the man beside her increased exponentially. She was so overcome by emotion at that moment that all she could do was shake her head, tears streaming down her face.

Fear seized Logan's heart at her response. "What's wrong, Marie?" he asked, his tone nearing frantic levels.

Covering her eyes with one gloved hand, she simply continued to shake her head.

Logan had the motor home pulled over and parked before he made a conscious decision to do so. Immediately he moved out of his seat, kneeling in the small area between the two captain's chairs. "Marie, look at me," Logan requested hoarsely. Unable to wait for her to comply, he curled a finger beneath her chin and raised her head. "Tell me what's wrong, darlin'."

Turning in her seat, Rogue threw her arms around Logan's neck and pulled him close, nearly strangling him in the process. "Ah can' believe ya did this, Logan," she sobbed. "Ah'm sorry, ya must think Ah'm a big baby. Ah jus'... Ya keep doin' these amazin' thin's t' surprise me an' Ah ain't used t' it."

"I don't think you're a baby, Marie," Logan assured her as he sighed with relief. "You will always be my baby though so you better start gettin' used to surprises."

"Ah dunno wha' Ah did t' deserve ya, Logan," Marie whispered softly before pulling back from him.

His left eyebrow arching playfully, he shrugged as he stood up and resumed his seat. "I don't know either, darlin', but you're gonna be payin' for it for the rest of your life."

Swatting his shoulder roughly, she shook her head. "Shuddup," Rogue muttered.

"What do you say, darlin'? You ready to see Alaska?" Logan asked, pleased that his plan had been so well received.

"Ah'm ready," she nodded, excitement growing in her tone.

Grinning like an idiot, Logan pulled the motor home back onto the road and headed into Alaska. This was just the first of the surprises he had for her, he hoped that the second would be met with as much enthusiasm.


Marie's degree of excitement remained at peak levels through out the day. Every mile brought another breathtaking view, prompting a bigger smile and another giddy exclamation.

Logan was enjoying seeing everything through her eyes as he planned out the rest of their evening in his head. Nightfall couldn't come fast enough as far as he was concerned. He couldn't wait to give Marie the final surprise he'd found for her.

That being the case it was still early afternoon, around four o'clock, when he pulled off the main highway onto a broken down logging road.

"Where're we goin'?" Marie asked curiously.

"I'm getting kinda tired, darlin'," Logan told her, throwing in a yawn to help make his point. "Unlike someone, I didn't get a nap."

Rogue laughed lightly. "Like ya said 'fore, if ya had been nappin' with me we wouldn't a been nappin'."

"That, my dear, is why I'm stopping now," he said with a lecherous grin. "So we can not nap for a while before you wear me completely out."

"Me wear you out?" she returned incredulously. "Ah don' think that'll ever happen."

Logan considered that for a moment before arching a brow, smirking widely. "You might be right about that, darlin', but it'll be fun puttin' that to the test now won't it?"

"It sure will, sugah," Marie agreed in a low, seductive drawl as she winked at him.

Turning his attention back to the road, still grinning like an idiot, Logan found a secluded spot in short order and parked. He waited until Marie was occupied with making dinner before he excused himself from her presence and moved to the back of the motor home.

Rogue watched him go with an appreciative smile, focusing her gaze on his magnificent ass. She turned back almost immediately to her task, only to have her attention drawn by the rustling of a plastic bag.

Grabbing the sack he'd stashed earlier under the bed, Logan turned to find Marie watching him with a quizzical expression. Without a word, and being careful to keep his face neutral, he walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

With a shake of her head, Marie focused again on the work before her until she came to a point where she could step away without risking the meal. Walking softly, she moved to the door behind which Logan had sequestered himself.

At first all she heard was more plastic rustling and then an odd silence reigned for a moment. Rogue was about to go back to her cooking when the distinctive snikt of metal scraping across metal startled her.

Marie knew the sound well and she was concerned about why Logan would unsheathe his claws at such a time. She was lifting her hand to knock on the door when the sound of ripping fabric reached her ears.

"Logan?" she cried loudly, her worry clear in her tone as she pounded on the door.

Instantly all audible movement in the small lavatory ceased. After a brief pause, Logan's voice responded through the barrier. "Yeah, darlin'?" he answered, his tone low and secretive.

"What're ya doin'?" she questioned suspiciously.

Another long pause followed. "Just using the can, baby," he replied with a bit of a plea in his voice.

Rogue's brows furrowed for a moment before a soft giggle broke free. "Is yer zipper broke or somethin'?"

"Marie, is dinner ready yet?" Logan wanted to know - a not so subtle hint that he was through talking.

"Ah'm workin' on it, sugah," she chuckled.

There was one last sharp tearing of fabric then more rustling of the plastic bag that nearly drowned out his next comment. "You can reach the kitchen from in front of the bathroom door? That I gotta see," he said, quickly pulling the door opened.

Logan was careful to assure that the bag was closed so she couldn't see what it contained. In fact, he made quite a show of putting the package behind his back, his brow arched as though daring her to try to peek.

Rolling her eyes dramatically, Marie shook her head as she turned again toward the kitchen to continue dinner.

Watching her out of the corner of his eye, Logan quickly pulled a couple items from the bag, hiding them under the corner of the air mattress. With that accomplished he stowed the rest beneath the bed for storage.

That task complete, he walked forward to join Marie. He was almost passed her heading toward the couch when he turned back abruptly, wrapping his arms around her waist, one hand landing flat on her stomach. Logan pulled her back firmly against his body as his head dropped to her neck, her long brown hair protecting his lips as he kissed her.

"It's nice to know you miss me, darlin'," he crowed proudly, his hand sliding slowly lower.

The arousing movement of his hand made Marie gasp. The sound transformed into a throaty sigh when the swirling sensation in her stomach traveled south, settling in her groin along with Logan's hand.

"What do you say we screw dinner and just have dessert?" Logan asked only partly teasing.

Taking a deep, ragged breath, Rogue shook her head. "Ah say we eat dinner, f'get dessert and jus' screw!" she returned playfully, her tone tight with building tension.

Pulling back slightly from her, his hand moving up to splay against her lower abdomen, Logan dropped a kiss on her shoulder. "Okay, darlin', we'll do it your way."

"Good," Marie replied crisply, "cause dinner's ready."

Logan barked out a laugh as he fully released her. "I think we're both gonna need the energy," he informed her, pitching in to help take the food to the table. In the next minute they were sitting side by side, sharing their meal.

Despite their earlier teasing and Logan's anxiety concerning her impending surprise, he and Marie ate at a leisurely pace, enjoying long silences and occasional conversation. That was one of the things Logan loved the most about their relationship, they didn't feel the need to have to talk every minute. They simply enjoyed being together, sitting side by side holding hands or cuddling together on the couch.

By the time the meal was finished, Logan was about to have a heart attack from the anticipation of his final surprise. When Marie rose from the table to start cleaning up, he decided he couldn't wait any longer. As she reached for the dirty dishes in front of them, Logan sprang from his seat and grabbed her, pulling her out of reach.

"Logan," Rogue scolded, playfully swatting at the hands clasped around her middle.

Bending slightly, Logan scooped her up in his arms and started carrying her toward their large bed.

Her giggling was doing nothing to add credibility to the seriousness of her tone. "Logan, Ah gotta clean up."

"You can clean up later," he returned before letting loose the most amazingly arousing growl.

Marie's body was already responding in a way that could not be denied so when Logan put her down in front of the bed, she did nothing to move back to her earlier task.

Just thinking about what he could do had Logan panting for breath and barely able to think straight. "You," he began gruffly, pointing at Marie, "naked, now!"

"Aw," Rogue cooed mockingly, "how romantic."

Logan glared at her for a moment through narrowed eyes before putting on a pair of latex gloves he'd pulled from the pocket of his jeans. "Okay, darlin', you wanna do it the hard way, we'll do it the hard way."

Rogue's eyes widened when he stalked toward her. His intent was quite clear and she was thoroughly turned on by the prospect of Logan stripping her. Raking her teeth across her lower lip, she watched him advance with bated breath.

Noticing the eagerness in her eyes, Logan had to grin. Moving forward he immediately reached for her, curling his hand into the front of her low cut blouse and pulling her forward by the fabric. With her standing mere inches away from him, he released her shirt, letting his hand glide down the front of the garment to the hem. Logan's other hand came up then to join the first and working together they jerked the blouse up and over her head in one swift motion.

That much taken care of, Logan was quick to relieve her of her bra as well, leaving her standing before him topless. He paused for only the briefest of beats to admire her before turning his attention to the rest of her clothing. Meeting her darkened gaze with his own, Logan unfastened her jeans then slipped his hands beneath both those and her panties, pushing them down forcibly.

Immediately his nostrils flared, his eyes rolling back in his head as the heavy scent of Marie's arousal assaulted his heightened senses. This body responded with primal instinct, his groin tightening painfully as he battled with the beast within that demanded he take her.

Knowing that he couldn't contain his lust much longer, Logan pushed her back gently, sending her sprawling on her back. Dropping to his knees before her, he kept his eyes locked on hers as he curled his hands around the backs of her thighs and pulled her to the edge of the bed with a quick jerk. His glove covered hands slipped under Marie's jeans and panties, slowly sliding them down her legs as far as he could.

Fighting to breath and remain in control, Logan lifted her left leg and roughly pulled her shoe off before repeating the process with her right foot. After that is was an easy task to fully remove the rest of her clothing.

Marie watched him in his diligent effort to strip her naked, her eyes hooded with desire and lit with anticipation.

Finally pulling off her socks, Logan skimmed his hands up the back of Rogue's calves to her knees. At that point he rotated his wrists, bringing his hands to the outsides of her legs as he ran them up her thighs then up over her hips.

Logan's hands paused there briefly before sliding down over the top curve of her butt with a light touch.

Rogue shivered, an involuntary response to the slow caress of Logan's hands. She looked at him demurely from beneath thick lashes, suggestively running her tongue over her upper lip.

A low, rough growl escaped Logan's throat as he quickly, and quite forcibly, maneuvered his hands under her ass. With a primal grin, he lifted her off the bed and moved her back far enough from the edge that she could lay back without her feet hanging off. Satisfied with her positioning, Logan rather unceremoniously dropped her.

Marie landed with a soft grunt, arching her eyebrow at him as she repeated the suggestive action with her tongue.

Logan's jeans were already uncomfortably tight and he needed to remedy that very soon. "Lay down," he ordered gruffly.

Smiling seductively, Rogue obeyed the command, albeit slowly.

With growing impatience at her teasing pace, Logan waited for her to lie back, an animalistic growl prompting her to move a little faster. Once she was properly prone, he made another demand, his voice even harsher. "Close your eyes!"

"Wha' if Ah don' wanna?" Rogue teased lightly with a exaggeratedly sexy drawl.

"Marie!" Logan barked loudly. "Close your God damn eyes!"

Her eyes widened instead but not from fear - more from amusement. "Ah's only teasin', sugah. Ya know we oughta do somethin' t' work off awl that tension ya got."

Logan's smile became almost scary as he stared at her with dark eyes. "Oh we're gonna work off my tension, darlin'. Now close your eyes."

Finally she did as Logan requested and let her eyes fall shut. Her smile was lost almost immediately and she began to chew nervously on her lower lip as she waited - for what she didn't know.

Battling the wild beast inside him, Logan quickly unfastened his jeans as he kicked off his boots.

Marie couldn't keep her eyes close when she heard the sound of his zipper. She had expected to find him watching her, ready to reprimand her for peeking. Instead she found him hurriedly removing his own clothing. Intense fear for Logan's safety swept through her, making her heart pound even harder.

"What're ya doin'?" she questioned, her terror clear in her tone.

"You eyes are supposed to be closed, Marie," he reminded her, looking up from unbuttoning his shirt.

Her fear getting the best of her, Rogue quickly sat up.

"Trust me, darlin'," Logan said quietly.

"Logan..." She started to tell him that what he was doing was not only dangerous but also foolish until something in his expression made her stop.

When Marie fell silent, Logan finished pushing off his jeans then moved to sit at the foot of the bed, close to her but not frighteningly so. "Listen to me, baby," he began softly, his voice trembling ever so slightly. "It's okay ... just trust me, darlin'."

"Ah do trust ya, Logan," Rogue responded, her tone less than convincing.

Logan didn't say a word instead he just stared at her with an expression that pleaded for proof.

Despite her fear, Marie could not deny his request for trust. She knew in her heart that Logan would never hurt her and they had already established that him getting hurt would affect her the same way. Taking a deep, shaky breath and releasing it slowly, Marie laid back down and closed her eyes.

The relief Logan felt at the gesture was nearly overpowering. For a brief moment he closed his eyes, breathing a heavy sigh. In the next minute he was up again, removing the remainder of his clothing.

Praying to whatever God might hear her; Rogue just laid there trembling as she listened to the continued rustling of garments. Her body was shaking almost violently by the time she felt the mattress move beneath her. Before her mind had an opportunity to fully process the movement, something light and wispy settled over her, covering her body from head to toe. Marie wanted to open her eyes and see what it was but she decided to give Logan the trust he'd asked for and left them closed. She tried to calm her nerves but it was next to impossible as she felt the mattress moving when he positioned himself beside her.

Stretching out at Marie's side, Logan took a moment to just look at her lying there, draped in the tan colored fabric. A moment of that was all he could take and he quickly sat up before leaning over her and pressing his lips to hers behind the protection of the thin material.

Marie nearly melted as she felt Logan's lips softly on hers. She returned the kiss hungrily and before long she felt his tongue tracing the curve of her mouth. After allowing adequate time for his exploration, Rogue opened her own mouth, her tongue sliding out to duel with his.

Logan growled lightly into her mouth before pulling back a little to look at her. His heart swelled as she continued to keep her eyes closed, proving her trust. He shifted slightly at Marie's side then placed a kiss over each closed lid. After that Logan kissed the tip of her nose and each corner of her mouth before starting a trail of kisses down her neck.

Stopping at the hollow of her throat, he started up the other side of her neck forming a deep 'V'. Logan took his time too, he wasn't in any hurry and the small sighs and moans that were already escaping Marie's parted lips were filled with pleasure.

Upon reaching her other ear, Logan jutted out his tongue, slowly running it along the line of her jaw to the point of her chin. From there it was back to kisses as he slid very slowly down the center of her body until his lips were over the spot where the metal tag lay between her breasts.

The fabric, whatever it was, allowed Rogue to feel every sensation of the moist kiss, even the roughness of his tongue and the scrape of his whiskers. With her eyes still closed, it was easy to believe that she was feeling nothing but skin against her own. Rogue was still trying to wrap her brain around that when Logan kissed his way up the side of her right breast.

"Aawww, Logan..." Marie moaned arching her back to force more contact.

With a satisfied smile, Logan pulled back slightly to flick his tongue over her already erect nipple. He watched her body shudder beneath him, gasping for breath as he fought the growing demand for gratification from the animal portion of his mind. Logan had waited a long time for this moment and he would not let the part of him that was Wolverine ruin it by making him rush.

Bending his head back down, he went to work, suckling her breast with alternating nips that marked her as his own. Following each gentle bite, Logan would lovingly soothe the mark with his tongue. Once he'd paid adequate attention to every centimeter there, he moved on to repeat the process on the other breast, kissing down the right peak and up the left.

Marie was in absolute heaven thanks to her lover's efforts. What she was feeling now were things that she had resigned herself never to feel. She was rather loudly vocalizing her encouragement to Logan without conscious thought. All her mind was aware of was the magnificent pleasure that she was feeling.

After lavishing equal time on her left breast, Logan was more than ready to move on. Returning his head to the spot between her breasts, he started to forge a trail of alternating kisses and licks slowly down the center of her body. Pausing at her navel, Logan circled it with his tongue before dipping it into the small cavity. He smiled against her abdomen as he continued his downward journey, stopping to plant a firm kiss just above the thick patch of hair at the junction of her thighs.

Her body bucked and trembled against his mouth as Rogue fought for breath. Logan paused there briefly until the gasps settled into a steadier if still ragged rhythm. It was hard to wait with the thick scent of her arousal in such close proximity to his flaring nostrils, the smell threatening to overwhelm him.

Finally her respiration calmed and he couldn't wait any longer. His eyes heavily hooded with desire and darkened by lust, Logan moved again, bringing his mouth even with her moist center and burying it against her.

Rogue's body bucked wildly as she gasped and moaned, her eyes finally flying open. "Lo-gan!" she screamed brokenly as he worked her mercilessly.

Logan used everything at his disposal, lips, tongue and teeth, to pleasure the woman he loved more than anything he ever had, or ever would. He sucked and licked at her greedily, unable to get enough of the sweet taste of her - the likes of which he'd never experienced. Her loud whimpers and the bucking of her hips only fed the fire that was raging through him. Logan brought her to orgasm repeatedly and could have continued all night. Hell that was his plan until he finally became aware of the words Marie was moaning.

"Oooh, Logan... Aw GAWD!" she stammered breathlessly, working to make her words heard. "Please ... uh ... please, Logan... Gawd, Ah ... Ah wanna feel ya, Logan..."

With an animalistic growl that vibrated against her wet folds, Logan finally pulled back from her. He let his eyes drift slowly up the length of her body, licking at the juices glistening on his face until his gaze locked on hers. The look of need and desire in those brown depths made his body tremble with want.

Moving carefully, Logan shifted his legs so that his knees were between her still spread thighs. He kept his eyes locked on hers as he slowly lowered himself down until he was lightly pressed against the length of her body, his weight supported mostly by his arms.

Marie sighed at the feel of his body against hers without some thick barrier between them. She could, of course, feel the long, hard length of his erection against her wet throbbing center but she could also feel the soft hairs on his body and every ripple of muscle. Once again she closed her eyes and pretended that there was no barrier, that it was just her and Logan, flesh to flesh and heart to heart.

As he stretched out on top of her, Logan's body jerked violently as his cock made contact with her slick folds. A loud growl rumbled from the pit of his stomach causing him to vibrate against her.

The sensation had Rogue gasping, a sound that quickly transformed into a throaty moan.

"God, baby, I wanna be inside you so damn bad," Logan breathed hotly beside her ear.

It was a moment before she could respond with anything other than a loud whimper. Finally she managed to form words, "Ah wan' that too, Logan."

Lifting himself higher with his arms, Logan stared down at her for a moment, searching her eyes. "Do you, Marie?"

"Yesss," she returned in a long, breathless moan.

"Will you trust me, darlin'?"

Instantly Rogue nodded. "Ah do, sugah."

Without a word, Logan pushed himself to his knees and reached behind him toward the corner of the mattress. He ripped it up almost violently, reaching beneath it for something Marie couldn't quite see before dropping it back into place. Logan twisted his body around again to face her as he tore into the box of condoms he held.

Marie watched him rip off one square packet and toss the rest aside. Using his teeth, he opened the foil wrapper and with trembling hands removed the rubber disk. She watched him start the condom on the tip of his thickly swollen cock before letting her eyes travel up the hard length of his body to settle on his face. His battle for calm control was plain to see, as was the fact that he was painfully in need of some relief.

Once the rubber was in place, Logan returned his gaze to Marie only to find her staring up at him with anticipation. As he kept his eyes locked on hers, he moved his right hand away from her body and released a single deadly claw with a metallic clang. Logan saw her eyes widen but to her credit she didn't flinch or pull away.

He shifted his gaze back down her body, his breath harsh in his own ears as he brought his hand down in front of him. Logan was careful to make sure that just the tip of his claw punctured the thin fabric. It was going to be a tight fit but then it had to be, anything else would be suicide.

The sound of material tearing made Rogue shudder, both with fear and anticipation. She followed Logan's movements with her eyes as he sheathed his claw and adjusted his position to push his latex clad penis through the small opening in the fabric.

Logan's eyes slid shut and he hissed in a series of breaths through clenched teeth as he slid his cock into the tight hole. Finally the material would go no further and he took a couple of deep, calming breaths before letting his eyes drift open. Focusing on the chocolate brown depths of Marie's eyes, Logan started at her for a moment or two.

"Are you sure, Marie?" he asked again, needing to know that she wanted him as much as he wanted her.

"Please, Logan," she begged without pause.

A highly aroused sigh escaped his lips at her tone. He closed his eyes for a beat to fight the animalistic urge to bury himself in her with one swift thrust. Logan resigned himself to slow, gentle movements - he would not hurt her.

"Just relax, baby," Logan told her softly, his tone gruff with desire. "I don't wanna hurt you, darlin'."

Marie nodded in response and did her best to relax but it was next to impossible with rampant emotions flowing through her.

Logan started to lean down again when he realized that with his hands on one side of the barrier and his cock on the other, it wasn't going to be easy to position himself. "Marie, I need you to help guide me," he whispered tightly. "Just take a hold and get me started, darlin'."

Following Logan's instructions, Rogue moved a hand to his erection, wrapping her fingers around it firmly.

"Easy, baby," Logan hissed against the firm pressure.

Loosening her grip, she guided him toward her opening as he leaned down toward her.

"That's it, Marie," he encouraged her softly.

It was seconds later when the tip of his penis made contact, drawing a deep moan from both of them. They froze in unison for a beat before Logan moved a little closer, pushing inside just a bit. He watched Marie's face carefully as he ever so slowly inched his way into her body, pausing every little bit to let her get accustomed to the invasion.

Before long, Logan had to close his eyes from the exquisite pleasure of being held so tightly by the woman he truly loved. Once he was fully embedded, he opened his eyes again and completely froze. Marie was lying beneath him, tears streaming down her face, which held a slightly pained expression.

"Baby, am I hurting you?" Logan questioned quickly, his tone full of love.

Unable to speak, Rogue simple shook her head.

"Marie, you're crying," he informed her, his own eyes filling with tears at the thought that he was causing her pain.

"Ah ... Ah never thought this'd really happen, Logan," she sobbed lightly. "Ya feel so good an'..." Rogue paused, releasing a long sigh as she gave him a smile. "They're happy tears, sugah. Ah love ya so much. Make love t' me."

Those were the words that he'd wanted to hear since he first saw her. "Oh, baby, I'm gonna make you feel so good," he told her as he started to pull back slowly, taking it almost to the point of withdrawal before pushing back into her gently.

"Ya already are," Marie returned seductively.

Logan arched his left eyebrow playfully, "Darlin', I ain't even started yet."

Rogue gave him a teasing grin as she slid her tongue around her parted lips.

With a growl of lust, he leaned down, capturing her lips with his own as he pumped into her willing flesh. Slowly as their tongues dueled, mimicking the actions of their bodies, Logan began to increase the speed and force of his trusts. He was very conscious of Marie's responses, listening for sounds pain but there was only pleasure audible in her moans and whimpers.

"Oh God, baby, you're so tight," Logan whispered against her ear. "You feel so damn good, darlin'."

A loud moan was Rogue's only reply, she was already so close that she couldn't form coherent thought much less speak. Her body tensed with impending release as Logan's body pounded against her. She arched her back, lifting her upper body off the mattress beneath her as she screamed out his name in a shuddering tone.

Logan paused in his actions while she clenched around him, her inner muscles squeezing him as they contracted spasmodically. He waited until she was almost fully recovered and opened her eyes to him again.

"Tha' was incredible, Logan," Marie informed him breathlessly.

A wild grin spread across Logan's face. "I ain't done yet, darlin'," he returned as he began to thrust into her again, this time with a more powerful rhythm. He managed to bring her to orgasm once more before finally howling out her name as she clenched around him the third time.

Once they had ridden out the waves of intense pleasure, Logan smoothed the miracle fabric against Marie's sides, holding it in place as he rolled onto his back, pulling her with him. Somehow they managed to stay connected through the turn and with a contented sigh, Marie collapsed onto his chest, panting for breath.

"Oh mah Gawd, Logan," she cooed in an awed tone. "Ah never thought it'd be so ... amazin'."

He looked up at her, the gauzy fabric now covering him, and smiled. "That's the beauty of a healing factor, darlin'," he told her playfully. "And you know what else, Marie?"

With a demure grin and a questioning expression she responded, "What?"

"It'll only get better, baby."

"Ya're gonna have t' prove that one, Logan," Marie replied seductively, knowing that he would.

Logan growled low in his throat as he jerked his hips up firmly, his cock already beginning to harden again. "It'll be my pleasure, darlin'."

Marie released a long, enraptured moan. "Mmm ... mine too, sugah. THE END