Author's Chapter Notes:
Jumping forward in time for few years.
”I’ll bring him back. My ship leaves tomorrow morning.”

Hicks. After ten years he’s leaving me. Leaving me because radar of some passing cargo ship detected something that passes a human life form from a godforsaken lump of rocks and muck. Ten years he has been coming to see me every day, making me laugh and smile despite of the nausea that the medication always leaves me with. And now he’s leaving just because it might be Logan out there.

“It… I don’t want you to get your hopes up. It might be nothing. Radar shooting blanks or something. We scorched that place for good, and truth to be told, even with his mutation… I don’t believe it was possible to survive from those blasts. But I’ll go and see. And if it is him… If it is Logan, I bring him home.”

I don’t want him to go. I reach for his hand over the table. It’s cold. Silvery metal and ceramics. We left his real hand behind just like we left Logan after he contacted me for the last time and told us to evac and nuke the place; those creatures weren’t letting him go. At first I had been frantic, ready to go after him and pull him out from what ever hell they had dragged him, but then the voice of reason stepped in. Hicks. If I had left him and went after Logan we all would have probably died on that planet.

“I’d take you with me if it was sure. If I could say for 100 percent surety that it is him out there, I’d take you with me.”

But if it is so unsure why is he even leaving? And what company is willing to finance a possibly futile safari to a class two inhabitable jungle planet that has no natural resources to harvest? And if it really is Logan… We left him there. I left him there. Abandoned him when he needed me the most. If it really is him… What is he thinking? What is he going to do when he sees Hicks? What is he going to do when he sees me? If he even wants to see me.



Everybody around here is so nice to me. Asking how I’m doing. If there’s anything I need. If I want to go for a walk. Or would I like to join to the others at the day hall for some board games. Board games? Walking? I just want to go to my room and hide under my bed!

I have already changed my opinion at least dozen times today, and the nurse keeping the visitor’s log is starting to look tired. Last time I asked her to send away all my possible visitors, but what if… What if Logan really wants to see me? What if he isn’t angry? And could the guys working at the security really stop him if he wanted to see me?

Would it end the dreams I still keep seeing, sometimes even when I’m awake if I saw Logan for one last time?