”Don’t you worry… I’m not going anywhere. Just go and get him out… Oh, fuck!”

We got out. Hicks and I, we got out, but everybody else is still in there. At least Hicks isn’t bleeding. The acid in the blood of those creatures cauterized the vessels. His left hand fell off somewhere back there when we were running out, and now I have to go back there and drag Logan out because I’m not going to leave this planet without him.

“I’m going to be just fine… Just fine… Grab me with you when you come out…”

He’s already high up there somewhere, falling to that numb state. I don’t know what was in that syringe that he emptied awfully close to his jugular, but what ever it was, it’s pretty strong stuff. I wouldn’t mind a hit of that myself. Just enough to stop my knees from shivering.

“Fucking go already… Or drag me back to the ship and we can nuke this place from the orbit…”

I just have to. If I’m really careful it won’t hurt him. Just a quick peck on his cheek…

“Shit… Come here…”

This… It… It was a kiss. A real kiss. He kissed me. Not just a quick peck on to my cheek but a real kiss. And he’s… He’s alright?

“I’m a clone. Immune to most mutations… But don’t go getting any ideas… I’m not immune to Logan’s claws. Go!”

I’m five hundred and fifteen years old, and I just got the first kiss of my life from a torn up clone soldier on a planet swarming with all kinds of lethal and disgusting creatures. First, and probably the last. Those black beasts are on full alert now. There’s no sneaking in undetected anymore, but I won’t leave Logan behind. That’s not an option.

----------------------------------------------------------

“Kid? Next time you stop to play some tonsil hockey do me a favor. Switch off the intercom.”

Logan! He’s… Is he alright?

“I’m alright. Can’t say the same for the rest of the team. Stay where you are. I’m coming out. These bastards won’t touch me anymore.”

He sounds alright. But somehow weird. And tired. Almost like… Almost like back when we first met. Beaten.

“Since you were kissing somebody I’m going to take a wild guess. Hicks is with you. Tell him to keep his paws off from you. And start getting ready to leave. We’re not sitting on this piece of rock any longer than it’s absolutely necessary… Shit…”

He’s throwing up. He’s sick.

“Fuck… Looks like I have gotten an escort… Kid? You better take Hicks and start retreating. I have some company…”

----------------------------------------------------------

“We have to move faster…”

Hicks is nearly in panic, trying to stumble through thick and murky water. I’m too occupied, trying to keep him up and keep an eye on our surroundings to feel the actual fear, but every time I glace over my shoulder I feel like throwing up. Logan’s there. Keeping his distance because his current company would most likely perceive Hicks and me as tasty snacks. One of those black beasts is walking beside him, looking after Logan, fussing and screeching like a worried mother hen every time Logan sways or stumbles.

“Faster… Faster…”

I don’t know if Hicks even sees Logan. When his gaze flickers over his shoulder it looks like the beast is the only thing he sees. I can hear only his desperate whispering and our breathing. Logan has switched off the intercom.

“They’re herding us… This isn’t the way to the ship. We’re turning back towards the Nest…”

Hicks is hallucinating. We’re not turning anywhere. I can see a container, our first pit stop little further ahead. We just have to cross that lake and we’re there. But where the hell is Logan? He was right behind us just few moments ago!

“Herding us… They won’t let him leave now that he’s got one of them inside of him. And you’re not leaving without him, right?”