Okay, now it’s official. I hate waiting.

“Kid? You still there? Just sit tight; I’m entering the main hangar.”

We got no response from any of the Spaceports we tried, so we chose the one that looked mostly intact. Logan left me to guard the ship. He took only one rifle with him. He’s not even planning to use it on those monsters. He said that he’d rather run than risk getting caught again. He took the gun just to gain authority over possible survivors.

“Everything looks clear. No sign of creepy crawlies here. I wonder where everybody is.”

Three queens. Every queen is capable of producing nearly hundred eggs per day. I wonder if they’re territorial?

“Looks like some sort of computer lab. Monitors, servers… All running smoothly, I think… I’m moving deeper. If there’s anybody alive, I bet they’re hiding at lower levels.”

Lower levels. Sub levels. Mile after mile dark corridors and even darker cubbyholes. Janitorial levels. Don’t go there. Don’t leave me alone up here. You need somebody to watch out for the monsters while you’re looking for survivors.

And there goes the connection. Reception was shitty enough when he entered the hangar. Now I lost him completely. Shit. He’s alone now.

----------------------------------------------------------

It’s been nearly an hour now. If he doesn’t come out soon, I’m going after him. I just wish I had something better than the standard rifle, but it’ll have to do. This time I’m not leaving him behind. If it’s our time to go, we’ll go together. I know he wouldn’t agree, but screw him. Screw him and his macho-bullshit. It’s time that I start… What’s that?

----------------------------------------------------------

“Get the fuck away from here! Get back in to the ship!”

As if. He can just barely walk, and from the sound of it we managed to lock that door just in time. The whole fucking wall is trembling from the force of the blows.

“Walked straight in to a hive… Set it on fire… The queen didn’t approve, and I don’t have a fucking clue of where all the drones are…”

The queen did this? He fought that monstrosity with bare hands?

“There’s nobody… Nobody alive… Don’t touch, don’t touch kid!”

Acid. It’s eating him. It’s eating him as we stumble towards the ship, and I can hear the wall behind us starting to crack. It won’t take long before mommy gets through and finishes what she started.

“Get in to the fucking ship, kid! Everything’s automated; you can handle it by yourself!”

And now I really don’t have a choice anymore. There’s absolutely nothing left in Logan for me to grasp. He’s covered to acid from head to toe, smoking and shivering lump of bleeding flesh and melting skin. And the queen is breaking through, horrifying screech of victory echoing from the buildings surrounding the landing pad.

“Get in to the ship and start the engines… I’ll take care of that black bitch, and then we can get off from this fucking deathtrap…”

It hurts just to look at him, so I turn my back and flee to safety while he stands and waits. Claws out and ready, gleaming from blood and other bodily fluids, just waiting until the queen tears herself free from the remnants of the wall and launches in to attack.