”Sit.”

Better do as he tells me to do. Lights are on, there’s some sort of intelligence in those eyes, but I don’t think there’s anybody home at the moment. At least not anybody that I know.

“I’m getting us out of here, kid.”

I don’t know where exactly he thinks we are, but he just slaughtered the security guard who tried to stop us, so I’m going to sit still and follow his lead. I don’t have any intentions to end up yet another casualty.

“I don’t have a fucking clue about what’s going on, but this is not a place for us anymore… Okay, that’s taken care of. Come on. We better run.”

----------------------------------------------------------

He rigged the door. From where he got C-4 I don’t know. Not a place for us anymore? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

“Faster!”

Streets are dark. They’re never dark! Is there really something wrong? Oh, I wish he would tell me about these things!

“Keep running! I don’t know how long we have before… Fuck!”

Explosion. Looks like our time just run out. Somebody noticed that we’re missing. Well, basically I’m allowed to come and go as I please, but Logan… He’s another issue. He’s still classified as a potential threat to society.

----------------------------------------------------------

“We can rest for a while.”

That’s good to hear. My feet hurt and I think my lungs are planning a strike of some sort. Running full tilt around the city for several hours really isn’t my forte. Hasn’t been for several years now.

“We have to get off from this planet. As soon as possible. When there are ships still left.”

When there are ships still left? What the fuck is going on?

“I have… A connection of sorts with the creature they found inside of me. They decided to raise it. Study it. It was a queen. They got more critters to study when she laid eggs. Somebody made a mistake just few hours ago. They’re loose now. And at least two of them are queens. We have to get off from this fucking planet. Just have to find a ship and a crew that doesn’t ask too many questions.”

I’m not sure if I can trust him. I’m not sure at all. That doesn’t sound like… Why the hell would they do something like that? After they saw what those things are capable of, why would have they brought one of them back to Earth? Or better yet, why would they have bred even more of them when it’s quite obvious that it’s impossible to control or contain them?

“I know that I’m not right from the head, but they… Fuck. Sometimes it feels like I’m the only sane person left!”

Uh-huh. I know the feeling.

“Okay. Time to get going. Spaceport is most likely toast already. Have to find a private party.”

And again we’re running. Or more accurately, Logan’s running. I’m trying to, but my feet refuse to cooperate, so I’m really just struggling to keep upright as Logan drags me along. And it’s starting to sound like he was right. Explosions coming from the general direction of the Spaceport. Screaming. Flames and smoke coloring the night sky red and grey.

----------------------------------------------------------

Fuck. We really are screwed.