Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello! It took quite a while to get over my wrist... ;) Truth to be told, Logie wanted some time off from this vamp slaying business, but it looks like he's eager to continue from where we left off.
“I… I have some things to take care of…” Logan ventured when they were having breakfast.
“You’re going in to town? If you are, there are some things I could use…”
“I’m not going in to town. I found something last night.”
“Oh…”
“Yes. But it’s a bit different this time. It might take some time. Few months probably.”
“When are we leaving?”
“We are not leaving. I’m going alone. You’re in no condition to fight.”
“I wasn’t going to fight. But you’re going to need somebody to take care of your equipment and everything.”
“I have no idea how long this will take. It’s better for you to stay home. I don’t want our child to born on to the road.”
“Born… Logan! If you think that I’m going to just sit home and wait like an obedient, clueless little wife…”
“I don’t think! I need you to do that! This… This is… This is something I have to take care on my own.”

Marie pushed her plate aside. She had been hungry. The porridge had been delicious. Now it was ruined.
“Are you even going to tell me what it is about?” She asked. Logan stared at his plate, hesitation and disgust dueling in his eyes.
“You’re going to leave. I probably have to give birth to our child alone. At least you could do is to tell me if it’s worth it!” She hissed. Logan stood up and started pacing in front of the fireplace, pausing every now and then, obviously trying to come up with right words.
“If it is some filthy bloodsucker I say let those people deal with it on their own. A demon? I’m sure the monks and priests…”
“It’s a werewolf.”
“A werewolf? Couldn’t you contact some other hunter and ask them to take care of it?” She asked, now more worried than angry. Logan was deathly pale, his jaw clenched tightly and his voice a mere whisper when he answered.
“It’s mine.”

For a moment she sat stunned, then followed Logan who had marched out. He had taken his horse out and was brushing its gleaming, black coat furiously.
“What do you mean? It’s yours? What does it mean?” She asked, already having inkling, not wanting it to be true.
“It’s my offspring. At least one. There might be more, and I have to find them all and get rid of them,” Logan spoke with a low voice, his tone even, almost conversational. The horse took the brunt of his confusion and fear, each brush over its coat growing in power.
“I have to hunt them down and kill them all. Since I have no idea of how many times and when and where Enoch sold my services, it’s going to be a bit tricky mission. I’m going to try to get as much information out of him as I can before I leave, but it will take quite some time no matter even if that bastard told me straight away where to look my bastards.”

Her head was spinning. She felt like screaming. For all the things that had happened, this was perhaps the worst yet.

“So I can’t really take you with me. I… It wouldn’t be fair and all. And… I… Uh… I want you to know that this has got nothing to do with our kid. You don’t have to be afraid that I… The one you’re carrying, it’s ours. There’s no taint on it. But these… Things… They’re evil,” Logan kept speaking. His voice was faltering, and the horse started to move restlessly, protesting his hard handling of it. Logan struggled with it for a moment, then huffed and threw away the currycomb, turning to look at Marie.
“I’m going to follow the freak show as soon as they leave. I try to be quick, I don’t want to leave you alone, especially now, but…” He was practically begging. Begging her to understand. Begging her to understand and accept, because this was something he couldn’t just put aside or ask somebody else to take care of. Ultimately the blame lay on Enoch and Wolverine, but now the Wolverine was gone, not able to take care of its cubs, and it was Logan’s responsibility to make Enoch pay for what he did and track down the potential beasts.

“We better get things ready here. If you think that I’m going to let you go on your own you must be out of your mind. We’ll do this together. If I have this child on the road, then be it,” she said, turning away from Logan before he had the time to argue and started towards the cabin.
“The hell we are…” She heard him growl. Hard hand landed on her shoulder and Logan spun her around, forcing her to face him.
“You’re staying where it’s safe, even if I had to chain you down!”
“The hell I will! I’ll…” Logan interrupted her sharp retort, his lips landing on hers to a demanding kiss, his tongue forcing her mouth partially open, his blunt teeth nibbling her lips until she wasn’t all that sure of if he was just trying to kiss her or eat her alive. She shoved him hard, breaking the contact, out of breath and her lips tingling and swelling.
“Don’t you… Logan! Stop…” He was kissing her again, more gently this time, taking his time and letting his hands wander, cupping her breasts and buttocks, smoothing down her sides and back, his fingers rubbing the small of her back and she had no choice but to moan out loud when he managed to find all those small achy muscles, as well as all the right places that made her lower abdomen heavy and hot for him.

She tried to protest feebly when Logan started backing her towards the cabin, but she found it increasingly difficult to argue when his nimble fingers started to unlace her dress, and his lips and tongue kept on their relentless attack, turning her to a quivering collection of want and need.

The dress fell from her and Logan lowered her carefully on to the bed, leaving her only long enough to close the door and to add some wood in to the fireplace. She opened her mouth, but Logan brushed her lips with his index finger.
“Hush, Marie… We have more important things to do than to fight right now…” He whispered, then grabbed her wrist and brought her hand to the bulge at the front of his trousers.

She stroked the hot and hard column she felt there, flames at the pit of her stomach threatening to consume her whole. No matter how often they did this she could never get enough of him. Never close enough no matter how deep he got. Never enough no matter how long it lasted or how many times Logan made her scream his name.

“Please… Take off your clothes…” She whispered.
“Help me?” Logan asked, helping her to sit up, her face barely reaching his crotch from where he stood. She leaned slightly forward and nuzzled against the soft leather of his pants, her hands tugging the hem of his shirt upwards.

It was clumsy. But it didn’t matter. Finally Logan lay naked next to her, all that muscle and scarred skin gleaming in the light of fire, pure lust boiling in his eyes. He grasped her hips and guided her on top of him, his cock ending between her soft and moist folds.
“I’d like nothing more than to have you on my side every night and day… Every battle… But there’s more at stake now than just the two of us. The baby, you have to keep it safe…” Logan whispered before entering in to her.