Author's Chapter Notes:
Apologies for the shortness of this chappie. My wrist is giving me some trouble, so next updates to this and my other stories will have to wait until it gets better.
She was finishing her simple lunch when the door of the cabin flew open. Logan walked in with a sharp rush of cool air and scent of ice, and something that she knew, but couldn’t quite identify. He looked absolutely horrified, slammed the door shut and crossed the floor with few steps, pulling her to almost desperate embrace.

“Logan, what…”
“Just let me hold you.”
“But Logan, what hap…”

Further questions were impossible. Every time she opened her mouth to speak Logan claimed her lips to a searing kiss, all the while guiding her towards their bed. When she started to unlace her dress Logan grasped her hands and stopped her. He pushed her gently on to the bed and crawled next to her, curling his whole body around her like a protective cocoon.

For a long moment they just laid there, Logan holding her close, his hand stroking her belly carefully, before he cleared his throat.

“There’s a boy. Looked not much older than six years old. In a cage.” He swallowed.
“Enoch called him a wolf-man. There is a wolf in that boy, I could see it. I could smell it. And tomorrow night, when carnival packs up and leaves, I’m going to follow them. Enoch usually stayed away from the others, left a good distance between him and the rest of the caravan… All I have to do is to wait and see… And finish off both of them, Enoch and the boy, as soon as I get a chance.”

Again they laid in silence. Only sounds breaking it were their breathing. Her breath even and steady, Logan’s strained, escaping in gasps. She could sense there was more behind this than Logan had revealed. She was sure that Logan would tell her as soon as he was ready. They had no secrets.


All the way back home the boy’s face had been floating in front of him. Those haunted, empty eyes, dull, glazed look that Logan knew would fill wit rage and lust come the next full moon… And he had known the boy. Recognized him as his own as surely as if Wolverine had still been whispering inside of him, screaming to release it’s offspring from the filthy cage.

He had only vague memory of being chained. Vague whisper of woman, soft clink of gold as Enoch paid for the woman and then opened the door of his cage to let her in. Exactly two nights before the full moon. He had been more of a man than the animal, but it had been Wolverine who had used his body and taken the woman, planting its seed to her womb.

He wasn’t all that sure if it would be a wise decision to reveal the whole ugly truth to Marie, because he had no idea had that woman been the only one, or had there been more like her, willing to carry and give birth to a beast.