Delicious scent of fresh bread and stew greeted him when he opened the door of a small cabin. Marie stood by the stove, stirring the stew. She hadn’t noticed his arrival. He shed his jacket silently and crept behind her soundlessly. Waited until she laid down the spoon and grasped her by the waist, tucking his face against the side of her neck and inhaling deeply. She flinched slightly and let out a small yelp. He let his hands slide over her bulging stomach and licked her earlobe. She twisted around in his hold and smacked him to chest with her small fists.

“You scared me, Logan!”
“Scared? Is that why you’re so breathless?” He whispered, capturing her lips under his. She was still struggling, but not really trying to get away from him. It was more out of principle.
“Dinner first… And you’re going to take a bath if you want to come to my bed tonight…” She panted huskily when he released her.
“You’re coming in to that bath with me, little wife…”
“Dinner, Logan, dinner first, you must be starving and…” He silenced her with another kiss, reaching to move the stew from the stove with one hand.
“I’m starving alright, but not for the stew… It has been a long week. Too long. Get these clothes off before I tear them off from you …”

While he filled the large basin with water she had warmed earlier in a large cauldron in the fireplace she undressed, then just stood there, her hands clasped over her breasts and belly.
“Cold?” Logan asked. She nodded.
“I’ll warm you up soon… Help me get out of these clothes.”

He had taken on the habit of wearing a light chain mail under his jacket and vest. It covered his torso and arms, preventing… Accidents. He stood waiting patiently when Marie undid the laces that bind the mail and then shrugged it off, letting it pool to the floor. The shirt underneath it was as good as ruined. He took it off and threw it to the corner. Marie was already fiddling with his trousers, opening the numerous belts and clasps that he used to carry his weapons.

When the last scrap of clothing fell from him he grasped her and pulled her against him, crouching and nuzzling her already fuller breasts, enjoying the softness of her skin against his own. Her fingers slid over his head, releasing his hair from the leather strap and massaging his scalp. He shivered under her touch. Coldness of the room had made her nipples pebble to small, hard peaks. He gave them tentative licks and grasped her harder when she moaned and arched her back.

“We better get in before the water turns cold…” He murmured and scooped his wife to his arms, stepping in to the basin and lowering them both carefully to the warm water. Stench of sweat and metal grew exponentially.
“And you better give me that soap before we both suffocate,” he grunted, letting Marie reluctantly from his embrace. She nodded and picked a lump of soap from the floor, lathering it between her hands.
“Lean back.”

He let his head sink to the edge of the basin and closed his eyes when Marie’s soapy hands started their journey over his battered body. Bruise there, small scrape from a branch here, skin chafed partially off from his shoulders… But it didn’t matter. Not when those hands kept up their soothing motion, loosening coiled muscles and peeling off the accumulated grit and grime. It didn’t matter when he could see her sitting there, her whole body practically glowing warmth and comfort, her soft curves already fuller from the pregnancy.

“It was a long week… But I tracked the beast and put it down. It won’t be harassing cattle anymore. It won’t be scratching in corners anymore…” He murmured.
“Who was it?” Marie asked. He shook his head.
“I don’t know… A drifter? We’ll see tomorrow if somebody’s missing from the village. Then we know…”
“Okay. Sit up and I rinse you.”

They ate the dinner in silence, both swathed from head to toe to warm quilts Marie had made. Though breakfast would probably have been more appropriate word to use from their meal. Sun was slowly rising. After they had eaten Logan shuffled to the bed, the strain finally forcing him to lie down and curl on his side, eyes closed and every muscle twitching. He heard Marie moving around. Cleaning up after them.
“Leave them. I’ll take care of them later.”
“But…”
“Come here. Come here and sleep with me. I missed you so much…”

She crawled on to the bed, trying to curl around his back, just like she had often done before when he wasn’t feeling well. It wasn’t working very well. The small bulge of her stomach got in the way and soon they were both giggling and laughing, tired and exhausted sound echoing in the small cabin.
“Come on… Turn around a bit…” Logan whispered, wiping his watery eyes, trying to stifle his hysterics.

She discarded her blanket to the floor and scooted under Logan’s, nestling her buttocks against his crotch. His one hand landed protectively over her belly, other hand he used to pull her even closer to him. His cock, already hardened despite his tiredness ended up between her thighs, throbbing and brushing against her curls deliciously.
“Do you want to…”
“Yes. I’d love to. But I don’t think I’m up to it. Not yet. Lets just sleep for now, okay?”

She waited until she was sure that Logan was asleep before she got up and got dressed. It was a market day. Merchants would be in the village, and there were thousand and one things she needed before the winter was over. She left a brief note to Logan, telling where she had gone and snuck out, closing the door quietly after her.