As soon as the last of the servants left the room he shut the door and locked it. Checked rest of the doors and windows, making sure that there were no extra ears spying behind them before crouching in front of the sobbing girl.
“Marie?”
“Don’t touch me! Don’t touch me!” She scooted even further to the corner, almost as if she were trying to dissolve right through the wall. He backed off slightly, racing his hands to a placating gesture.
“I won’t touch you. Not yet. Can you tell me what happened?” Scent of her blood was increasing every passing moment. That couldn’t be a good sign. He had enough experience from virgins to know that a girl wasn’t supposed to bleed like a stabbed pig after her first time. Not if everything was done as it should have been done.

“I… I was still asleep. There was somebody sitting next to me on the bed… At first I thought it was you…” What on earth had made her to think that he’d sit on her bed when she was sleeping on it? Question flickered through his mind, but he didn’t ask it. It wasn’t important now.
“You thought it was me. What happened next?” He urged her to continue. Marie hid her face to her palms.
“He… He started petting my hair. Just like you… Like you used to do when I was younger. I… I moved closer at him. I could feel that his tunic was silk, not leather, but I was so sleepy and it felt so good and I thought it was you…”
“And then?”
“I fell asleep again. Woke up when he was on top of me. It was hard to breathe and then it started to hurt… It still hurts… It hurts so bad… He bit my shoulder and…” Marie curled even tighter around her and started rocking back and forth.
“My stomach hurts… And there’s so much blood… Why there is so much blood? Logan? Why? It isn’t… Is it supposed to happen like this?”
“No. It isn’t. Will you let me take a look at you?”
“I… I don’t want to…”
“It has to be done. You said your stomach hurts. There’s something seriously wrong inside of you. You might die if it’s not treated.”
“I know… But I think I have been humiliated enough.”
“Humiliated? Try insulted. Hurt, insulted and violated. Robert did this to you. This wasn’t your fault. Can you stand up? Walk to your bed?”

She wobbled to her bed unsteadily, clearly reluctant to get on to it so soon after what had happened. She laid on it on her stomach.

“Marie? I need you to turn around and spread your legs. Otherwise I won’t be able to see what…” Her whole body flushed bright red and he could barely hear her muttering something.
“What did you say?”
“Robert chose the wrong hole.”

The girl was as good as dead. Her skin was getting paler every passing moment, and from the soft gasps and rigid grimace on her face he could tell that pain in her stomach was increasing. She was bleeding inside. And probably not only that. He knew enough from the functions of the body that the place Robert had torn would poison her whole body in a matter of hours. He sat heavily next to her on the bed, making sure that there was enough cloth to cover his skin from hers and pulled her carefully against his side.

“Logan?” Her voice shook. She was trembling all over.
“You’re dying, Marie.”
“No…”
“Yes. I have seen this happen before. It’ll be over in a few hours. Should I… Do you want me to go and get your father? Your brother?”
“No… Don’t let me die. Logan… Please, don’t let me die…”
“There’s nothing I can do. Robert… He broke something that can’t be fixed. I’m sorry.” Sorry for failing his duty. Sorry for his inability to rectify the situation. Sorry for her. Sorry for himself.
“But I want you to know… About Robert. I’ll make sure Xavier uses his power not to behead the bastard. I’ll make sure that Robert ends up to the arena with me. I’ll make sure he’ll die. Slowly.”

He sat and held her gently. Her whole body shivered from suppressed screams as she fought against the pain. She was the princess. Soiled, violated and hurt, but born to the family of rulers. She wasn’t going to give Robert the pleasure of hearing that she had spent her final moments sobbing and screaming like a common whore.

“Logan? Would you… Would you do something for me?” He shifted slightly and turned to look at her, wet gleam in his eyes.
“Anything. You don’t have to ask. You command. You’re still my queen.”
“I’m asking you… As Marie, not the queen. Not a princess. Not somebody who commands you. Just Marie… Would you kiss me?”
“Marie…”
“I don’t… There’s a scarf on the table… Just a kiss on the cheek, through the cloth… It probably won’t hurt you…”
“To hell with that scarf. Come over here…”

He cradled her closer and brushed a strand of hair from her forehead, flinched slightly when he heard a wet, tearing sound from somewhere inside of her.

“I love you, kid…”

His lips landed on hers, soft and hesitant at first, then more boldly when her lips parted. She could feel the strange tingling going through her whole body. It felt almost the same as it had felt with Robert, searing power pulsing through her veins, but when with Robert the flow had been rapidly ebbing, with Logan it only grew and started filling her with unbearable lightness and heat that settled in to her lower abdomen. She had closed her eyes. She let her eyelids flutter open. Logan was kissing her, his eyes open, somewhat pained look on his face. She could hear his heart. It was pounding so close, thudding and thumping irregularly. Suddenly he gasped and let go of her, falling backwards from the bed. The sound of his heart and the unnatural feeling of warmth disappeared, but she wasn’t feeling as weak anymore. She felt better. Good. Like there was nothing wrong with her. Like… She scooted on her hands and knees, mortified but curious, and brought her right hand over her buttocks, letting her fingers graze lightly the gap, fully expecting to feel jagged, torn and bleeding hole. Instead she found only already coagulated blood, and underneath it neatly puckered opening. Healed. She was healed. Logan used to heal from anything. He had kissed her and now she was healed. Logan had healed her. Logan.

“Logan!” She scrambled from the bed. Logan lay on the floor, barely conscious. He was struggling to get up.
“Marie… Get back in the bed… Get back, you’re… hurt…”
“You healed me! I’m not going to die! You healed me!”