Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know. I do have a hefty pile of WIP's to finish and I deserve to be burned at the stake for starting another one. Apologies. I'm a bad, bad person.

Okay. For this one I have to ask you to think along the lines of sword And Sorcery+Science Fiction rather than medieval times. Don't really know where this came from, but I do know where this is going.
”Rogue! Father used a small fortune to the new guard!”
“I don’t care how much he squandered! I didn’t ask for it, and I sure as hell don’t need it!”
“Don’t need it? It’s the top model, the best there is! You need the protection, even more now!”
“I already have all the protection I need, Scott!”
“Right. Wolverine? You really think it’s going…”
“It? He, Scott! He!”
“I knew we should have done this years ago. Why father waited this long when you obviously have developed feelings towards it…”
“Get out! Get out of here before I do something we both regret!”

She waited until her brother had gotten out of the room before she slumped on the bed, tears streaming down her cheeks. Shadow in the corner of her room moved hesitantly. Leather creaked, metal rasped sharply against metal when plates of the armor shifted.
“Marie?” Gruff voice came from the darkness.
“It’s… It’s nothing. Scott was just being stupid. I… I’ll go and see my father in the morning… Thank him for the present and tell him to return it to the shop…” She stammered, trying to keep her voice in level.
“Are you sure?”
“I’m sure. I don’t need some stupid droid when I got you. But it’s late. I’m going to sleep now. Good night, Logan.”
“Good night, Marie.”

She crawled under covers and closed her eyes, curling on her side. She could hear soft footsteps. Armor creaking. Small huff as her guardian blew out the candle and her room plummeted in to darkness. She could hear him shuffling around in darkness, making sure the doors were locked, then going to the balcony and opening the door to there to let the crisp and cool night wind in. She heard him sitting in the doorway, metal plates of his armor scraping silently against the doorjamb. Exactly like every night for the past fifteen years. She tuned on her other side, arranging her pillows and blankets so that she could watch him sitting there without him noticing her watching, exactly like every night for the past fifteen years.

Moon cast a silvery glow over his features. He was sitting on the floor, heavy sword resting on his knees, leaning against the doorjamb. His gaze was constantly combing the backyard for possible intruders, but he stayed still and silent. Casual observer would have probably mistaken him as an oddly placed statue.

His muscled arms rested on top of the sword, now heavy and lax, but she had seen him in action often enough to know that from the first sign of threat that almost cat-like laziness and relaxed body would turn to lethal, rock hard instrument of death.

She let her eyes roam over him, thinking she should spend some of her allowance for a new armor for him. The one he wore now was well used, scraped and dented from places, lost all of it’s shine, and truth to be told it looked like it wasn’t sitting on him that well anymore. He had taken too many blows, and the metal had bent to odd shapes. She should take him to the blacksmith first thing tomorrow.

She wasn’t actually thinking anything; just letting her gaze rest on him, so it took her a while to realize that he was staring back at her.
“Can’t sleep?” He asked.
“I’m almost sleeping… I was just thinking…”
“About what your brother said?” He asked.
“No. No use to mull it over any longer. I was thinking we should go to blacksmith tomorrow… Get you a new armor…”
“Uh… It’s not my place to speak, but… You should think about what Scott said, Marie.”
“You’re right. It’s not your place to speak. Scott was wrong.”
“I have seen some of those new droids. They’re good. Efficient.”
“Would a droid look after me? Would a droid make sure I was comfortable? Would a droid sit there talking with me?” She asked.
“Would if it was programmed to do that. But you don’t need another maid; you have those more than enough. Rebels… They’re getting more clever.”
“I’m not afraid. As long as you’re with me, I have no reason to be afraid…”
“Your father doesn’t see it that way.”
“Tomorrow I will make him see things my way.”