He should have known better. Should have known better than to let his dick get the better of him when Marie curled against him on that bed. He didn’t know her well enough not to fuck her, but he knew her too well to fuck her. And either way he’d eventually screw the whole fucking mess up. And on top of everything she was thinking that he had ditched her so that he could get laid. Granted, at first he had been planning to find a bar and some chick that wasn’t too picky, but reason had won. He had burned nearly all his savings while shopping, and tomorrow he’d need to cough up his share of the rent. Right now it was more important to find a way to make money rather than waste it for sating his baser needs. And for some reason even thought of screwing some nameless woman felt like he’d be cheating Marie.

And he should have known better than to hit all his usual haunts in his search of quick cash. At the end of the night his wallet was bursting from the seams. Apparently people still needed somebody bigger and meaner than them to collect their debts and protect their property, but money wasn’t the only compensation they had tried to offer. His wallet wasn’t the only thing that was bulging. Of course he could have taken that blonde and screw her. But somehow he had felt that he probably wouldn’t have gotten his plumbing to cooperate. Of course he could have taken those two redheads Jack had tried to offer, but did he really need yet another reminder of how untouchable and unavailable Jean was? The last one had been pretty darn hard to refuse. Gorgeous brunette. Just the right height and shape. She had even had blonde streaks in her hair. Granted, they hadn’t been snow white, and not on her forehead, but the woman had been too close for the real thing.

He tried to sneak in as quietly as possible. Toed off his boots and hang his jacket to the closet. Shuffled in to the kitchen and found a thermos full of fresh coffee on the table, and a pile of sandwiches from the fridge, both decorated with small slip of paper that identified them as Logan’s. Just for him. Not for somebody else. Not for some hoe he probably had dragged home with him.

He wasn’t hungry anymore. He left the sandwiches in the fridge, but took the thermos with him and flopped on the couch, letting his gaze rest on the rising sun outside, gulping steaming coffee straight out of it.

Alarm clock started beeping, and he could hear a muffled curse coming from Marie’s bedroom.
“Tweedy?”
“Yes?”
“Could you come over here for a second?”
“In a minute!”

He could hear her getting up. Using the bathroom. Then she appeared to the doorway, yawning widely, thick bathrobe covering her from chin to toes.
“Good morning… Or is it evening for you?” She muttered, rubbing her eyes.
“Sit.” He patted a vacant spot next to him on the sofa. She sat obediently, clearly puzzled from his behavior. He sipped some coffee, enjoying the burn as it flowed down his throat.

“You really thought that I left so I could get laid?”
“Yeah. Wasn’t that pretty obvious? I kind of left you… Unsatisfied.”
“If I recall correctly it was me who called it off. And I may be a bastard, but I’m not fucking bastard. I kind of thought that we made a deal last night.”
“A deal?”
“Yeah. I thought we were going to… Ah, hell… I thought we were going to start dating.”
“Oh…”
“Yeah. So… Truth to be told, I haven’t done this kind of shit before, but I’m pretty sure that the whole point of dating is to stick with one chick only. Not screw around with half of the town.”
“Logan, I…”
“I know I wouldn’t find my picture from under label ‘good boyfriend’ from any dictionary, but you have to give me some credit, Marie.”
“But…”
“Of course if you think that it’s completely ridiculous idea and that you’d rather date fucking Toad than me… I have just made an ass out of me, but it was just something I wanted to make clear. Just in case… Just in case you…”

He stood up, placing the thermos to the coffee table in front of the couch and walked to the window, raking his fingers through his messed mane of dark hair. Marie wasn’t speaking, but he could feel her gaze burrowing between his shoulderblades.

“Tweedy? Exactly how big of an ass I just made out of me?”
“I don’t know, Pepe. I’m still trying to figure out everything you said after you told me that you thought we had a deal. You want to start… Dating? With me?”
“Yeah. Yeah, I do.”
“Why?”
“Well… Why do people date? To get to know each other better?”
“I fucking know you, Logan. To say that you’re not a good boy friend is an understatement.”
“That’s my point. You think you know me. I think I know you. But do you realize that during the whole time we spent at Xavier’s we barely spoke with each other?”
“We did speak. And we have been talking on the phone before you moved in here. And…”
“You know me from six years back. I know you from six years back. And I’d like to think we have both developed from since then. Grown up. Both of us.”
“Huh?”
“Do you know how many women I have slept with since I met you?”
“What the hell has that got to do with anything? I don’t know! Ten? Twenty?”
“Fifteen. You have seen each and every one of them. Do you know what I usually do after a long day?”
“Have some beer?”
“Actually I prefer TV or a good book. Do you know what’s my favorite color?”
“I don’t know. What the fuck is this? How am I supposed to know those things? Do you know those things about me?”
“No.”

Suddenly she realized what Logan was aiming for.

“You want us to take things slow?”
“Yeah.”
“You sure you wouldn’t settle for quick fuck on the kitchen table?”
“No. And I think you wouldn’t either.”
“Then what the hell are we waiting for, Pepe? Let’s start dating.”