She woke up and sprinted to the living room upon noticing that Logan was missing. Sharp relief washed through her when he was sitting there with a cup of fresh coffee and a newspaper.
“Good morning,” she greeted him, perhaps overly perkily, because he looked up from the paper he was reading, raising an eyebrow questioningly.
“Morning…” He grunted, then turned his attention back to the paper.

She skipped to the kitchen, struck her toe to a chair and hid the yelp of pain behind a coughing fit before taking a cup from a shelf and pouring some coffee in it. She limped to the living room and cuddled on the couch, trying her best to act natural. To act like last night hadn’t even happened. And it wasn’t working very well. She nearly choked to her coffee when Logan turned around and his elbow brushed against her thigh.

“Yeah… This is exactly what I was thinking last night…” Logan grunted, standing up, discarding the paper to the coffee table and walking to the window, finishing his coffee with one big gulp.
“Uh… What were you thinking about?” She asked, trying desperately stem the flush that crept over her face. Logan twirled the empty cup in his hand, seemingly enthralled from the way the last droplets of coffee clung to the bottom of it.
“This. You. Me. We can talk and joke about fucking everything and anything. Usually that is. And now you can’t even look at me. And truth to be told, I have no fucking idea how to look at you.” He kept his eyes fixed to the grey clouds outside the window. She shifted on the couch, rubbing her stinging toe carefully, avoiding looking at his back.
“I can’t… I won’t deny it. I have been thinking about you. What it would be like between us. But… Oh, crap. I’m a selfish bastard, you should already know that. That applies to sex as well. Find, fuck and leave, that’s me. I rarely stay with a same chick longer than few weeks. After the novelty of new quirks wears off there’s no reason for me to stick around. There’s nothing left that I couldn’t find from somewhere else. That’s why it’s easier to fuck with anybody else than friends.”

“So… Now that we have established that you’re a perverted asshole, how about we return to routine. And finally go and buy you that damn bed?” She huffed, forcing a smile on her face when Logan turned to look at her.
“Tweedy?”
“Yes, Pepe?”
“I like that plan. Like it a lot.”

She got dressed in record time, eager to leave the confines of the apartment. It suddenly felt awfully small and crowded. Logan seemed to share her opinion, nearly running over her in his haste to get out. Then they had to return to retrieve the keys to his motorcycle he had forgotten, but eventually they sat in front of a promising looking boutique that sold furniture.

“I’m looking for something sturdy,” he brushed off her first proposal, a frame made out of thin metal pipes. She waggled her eyebrows knowingly.
“Screw you, Tweedy. That crow’s nest would fucking fold half if I tried to sleep on it…” Logan grumbled, scaring off the saleslady who had been making her way towards them, sugary smile plastered over her face.
“I know what you mean. How about that one?” She asked, pointing towards something that looked more like a wooden platform than a real bed. Logan crouched next to it, running his hand over the smooth, etched surface.
“This just might be it…” He muttered, eyes already flickering over his surroundings, looking for something.
“But it’s missing few parts.”
“And what would those parts be?” She asked sitting on the futon.
“Mattress and nightstands. I saw this same bed in another store yesterday, and they came with the package… Hey! You!” Logan stood up, his eyes fixed to the woman that was hiding behind the cash register.

Half an hour later everybody was satisfied. Saleslady was relieved that the scary-looking, grumpy customer had left, Logan was satisfied that he had found what he was looking for and gotten it within range of his budget, and Marie was immensely pleased that he had made everything happen without threatening to claw everything and everybody in the store to bits, even though it had been a close call when the saleslady had proposed that maybe, just maybe they should replace the thin mattress that belonged to the bed with a thicker one because it would be more comfortable for his companion’s back.

“What next?” She asked.
“Sheets.”
“Oh, I know this shop that sells all kinds of stuff from Looney Tunes…” Logan’s glare was enough to assure her that cartoon characters were out of the equation.
“Don’t need another Tweedy… Besides, I have a rep to maintain.”
“And that Care Bears –blanket wouldn’t go very well with Wile Y. Coyote,” she giggled, earning yet another glare.
“I was cold. It was warm. Which reminds me, I better invest to thermal blanket as well…”

When their little shopping spree was over, Logan’s funds had taken considerable damage, but the small bedroom at Marie’s apartment was furnished for his liking, and next day he’d be busy figuring out which parts belonged together since none of the shops sold furniture assembled. They had tried to make some sort of schedule for deliveries so that he could have some time in between bed and small couch, as well as chest of drawers, but Marie doubted she’d find him swearing a blue streak in the midst of scattered parts when she arrived from work that evening.

“Hungry?” She asked when Logan parked in front of a Chinese restaurant. She was starving.
“I could eat. Listen… Uh… I was… I’m going out tonight,” Logan blurted when she stepped down from the saddle.
“Oh… That’s… It’s okay. Just remember to…”
“For Christ’s sakes, kid. I’m not planning to drag some bimbo on that couch of yours!” Logan huffed.
“Duh! I was going to tell you to remember to take the keys with you. But it’s good to know that you’ll be keeping your… Your business elsewhere,” she muttered, bright red dots burning over her cheekbones. Logan snorted.
“Yeah. Whatever. I’m… I’m not that hungry after all. Is it okay if I drop you off here? It’s just few blocks from your place.”
“It’s okay. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Tomorrow. Have a nice day,” Logan grunted and sat on his motorcycle. He waited until she got in to the restaurant before gunning the engine and disappearing to the sea of cars.