Chapter 7: The Ties That Bind


“Well darlin’, what do you think?”

Logan stood on the patio of their vacation villa, cigar in teeth, as Marie explored their temporary lodging. It was small, he could tell that much from the outside, but what it lacked in size it made up for in its quaint character, at least from what Logan could see through the front door from where he was standing.

The veranda of the white, terra cotta roofed villa was bordered by a white wooden railing, and was big enough to furnish two massive oak rocking chairs and a card table. The villa itself sat back a bit from the beach and the surrounding property was lined with palm trees, ensuring Logan and Marie’s total privacy.

Logan took a seat in one of the rocking chairs and slowly tottered back and forth. Chewing on the end of his cigar, he listened to the sound of Marie’s steps as they thudded softly on the wooden floors of the main room, then clicked on the terra cotta of the kitchenette. A few moments later, he heard the hinge of the bathroom door as it opened and then closed. Footsteps again on the wood planks. Then nothing.

“It’s…it’s…”

Logan got up and moved to the open doorway, leaning against the doorjamb. Marie was standing with her back toward him.

“Hey, if you prefer the road…” he started. Marie quickly spun to face him.

“No! I mean, it looks nice…cozy…” she said hurriedly, before she caught the expression on his face and realized that he was being facetious. Marie gave him a smile, the first smile he’d seen on her face since meeting her. He decided he liked the way it looked on her.

“…it looks perfect.”

Logan stepped into the main room and looked around. She was right…Hector had fixed them up well, from the look of things. There was only one room, split into a bedroom with one large bed and a kitchenette, but it was nonetheless charming and much roomier than the cheap motel room the pair had previously stayed in. Hector hadn’t hesitated to give Logan a key to the unoccupied villa and insisted that the two stay as long as they needed to.

As they stood there, the mouthwatering smell of barbecued food began to waft through the front door, and Logan knew that Marie was thinking the same thing he was.

“Guess we should eat somethin’ huh?”

~*~*~

Marie dipped her legs into hot water as she sat, naked, on the edge of the deep standalone bathtub. She had decided to take a nice soak in the tempting tub while she waited for Logan to return with food from the bar and grill on the other end of the beach. Apparently Hector owned the eatery as well, and Marie understood why Logan had never inquired about the source of Hector’s affluence. It was obvious from the looks of things that the means of his success had not exactly been on the up and up, but Logan seemed to trust the quick-witted charmer, and that was enough for her.

As she waited for the tub to fill, she wondered how the two knew each other. Hector appeared to be very much the anti-Logan. Chatty where Logan was silent, outgoing and animated where Logan was brooding and intense. Whatever the reason, the young man had somehow managed to endear himself to Logan, and from the way they greeted each other earlier it was clear that beneath the surface he matched her claw packing friend psychosis for psychosis.

Marie turned off the faucet and sank her naked body down into the tub. She dipped her head backward into the water, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of the hot water after her long day on the road with Logan. She closed her eyes and thought back over the events of the day.

Somewhere along their long hike, an uncanny peer bond had formed between her and the man who not two days earlier had been her captor. He had piggy-backed her through areas inhabited by venomous snakes, and she’d pulled her arms tight around his shoulders as he recounted to her the story of his past - or rather lack thereof. He had shown his appreciation for her concern by gently squeezing her thighs to him, but at no time along the way had he wavered in his decision to help her.

Marie lay almost completely submerged in the tub, wondering how it must have felt for him in that tank, unable to defend himself against the grafting of the admantium to his skeleton…a process made possible by a healing capability that Magneto knew nothing of.

Does it hurt when they come out? She had asked of his claws.

Yeah, he had replied. Every time.

It had occurred to her then, how much he was hurting; how much he was sacrificing…for her.

~*~*~

Later that night, after a particularly satisfying meal - their first in over a day - Logan sat beside Marie on their bed, leaning his head back against the headboard. They were both growing sleepy on account of their full bellies and the long day they had had. Clothed in another one of Logan’s shirts, Marie was quickly starting to fade. Logan slung an arm around her shoulders and pulled her toward him, bringing her head to rest on his shoulder.

Logan wasn’t certain when he had made the shift from predator to protector, but that was exactly how things had ended up. It was also something more than that, though. The girl in his arms tugged at something inside of him, something that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. What he did know was that just as badly as he’d once wanted to capture her, he now wanted to keep her safe, to make sure nothing happened to her. And that night at the bar and grill, Hector had told him of a way.

“There’s a place Hector told me about. In Westchester, New York.”

Marie raised her head to look at him, and he continued.

“Some sorta safe haven…a school. For the 'gifted'. He seems to think you’d be safe there.”

“Oh…” she replied, her eyes lowering in thought. “How would I get there?”

“Hector can get you a passport and a train ticket. I already gave him your picture. And some cash.”

“Is Hector a mutant too?” she asked.

“Nah, but he’s someone we can trust, and that’s a rare thing…” he replied, tipping her chin up to meet his gaze. “…for people like us.”

Marie looked somewhat relieved that she had somewhere to go, but there was a slight flicker of disappointment somewhere in her deep brown eyes. And though he couldn’t quite understand it, he could relate, because he felt it himself. He was starting to actually enjoy the company…soon he would be alone again. He quickly stuffed that feeling down, though. Above all, he wanted to protect her.

Especially from himself.

“Might take a week or two…” he said softly, seeing that flash of sadness fade a little, but not completely.

“Think you can stand me for that long?”

He watched as that gorgeous smile started to draw at the corners of her mouth for the second time that night.

“Yeah,” she replied. “Yeah, I think I can.”

With that, the two laid down. Logan reached over to the bedside table and clicked the lamp off before curling an arm protectively around Marie’s waist and pulling her into him as they drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~

The nightmares were easier to deal with. Much, much easier to deal with.

When Logan opened his eyes early the next morning, he was not waking from one of those unimaginable nightmares…no, now there was an entirely different dream haunting him. One that involved the incredibly sexy and irresistible smelling woman in his arms…

…whose soft breast he’d woken to find squeezed in his hand, and whose luscious backside was pressing firmly against his painful morning erection…

Christ.

A pained groan escaped his lips and he buried his face in her hair so as not to wake her with the sound. That just made matters worse. Because her hair smelled like apples. Which made her…edible. Logan’s eyes sqeezed shut, and his cock grew larger and more painful at the thought of licking and biting her all over…making her whimper his name…

Jesus fuckin’ Christ.

Her pert breast was a perfect fit in his large hand, just as he had expected when he saw her naked in the river, and just as he had dreamed…which was probably why he was having so much trouble removing it right now. To top it all off, she was wearing his shirt and smelled like her and him mixed together. She smelled like she was his…the way he imagined they’d both smell after he flipped her onto her back, spread those unbelievable legs of hers, and…

Logan cursed his thoughts and bit down on his lower lip as he struggled against the animal within him. The Wolverine fought back just as hard, screaming all sorts of reasons at him as to why he should take her now, hard and fast on that very bed…claim the alluring young woman in his arms as his.

Just as he thought he had the Wolverine tamed, he remembered that she hadn’t had any clean underwear to put on after her bath last night…

…which meant that she wasn’t wearing any right now.

“Fuck…” he groaned into her hair, his eyes rolling back as the pungent scent of her sex followed his lascivious thoughts. With everything in him, he wanted to let go of her breast…but when he tried, he only ended up mashing it harder into his hand.

He felt her nipple through the shirt as it suddenly hardened in his palm and his hips involuntarily bucked forward, grounding into her soft buttocks. The friction caused by the shirt she was wearing and the thin material of his sweatpants nearly caused him to explode right then and there.

Thinking to himself that she wouldn’t be too happy waking up to find the back of her shirt soaked and sticky, Logan decided it was time to get out of bed. As he shifted, Marie cooed softly, and snuggled back against him. Jesus, he really needed to bite down on something right now, but the only thing within reach of his mouth was the soft, exposed skin of her neck.

He was close to tears as he finally removed his hand from her breast and moved it to her hip in an effort to stop the wiggling movement she was making as she burrowed back into him…

…instead he ended up digging his fingers into her hip and giving her clothed ass a good, hard slide down the burning length of his erection.

“Logan?…” she murmured sleepily at the contact.

Logan leapt out of bed then, knowing that any more of this, and she was going to be getting a very rude awakening. He looked down at Marie, holding his breath as she turned onto her stomach and continued sleeping. Satisfied that she wasn’t going to wake up, Logan rushed toward the bathroom, closed the door, and freed his large cock from his pants.

Shit, he couldn’t do this…not with the girl in the next fuckin’ room, for cryin’ out loud. He leaned back against the cool tiles of the bathroom wall, trying to shift his thoughts from seeing her naked in the river. When that didn’t work, he reached over to the sink and turned the faucet on full blast to mask his strangled groans.

“Queen Elizabeth naked…” he mumbled to himself, still trying to stuff down the wave of desire in his pelvis as his cock twitched and grew in his fist. Beads of sweat were starting to pop out on his brow.

Naked Marie in the river…

“…Roseanne Barr...unghh...in a thong…” he fought back, as he slowly stroked his cock.

..all wet…and ready…

“…Prince Charles…naked…rrgghhh...on a horse…” the words were pushed out through gritted teeth.

...perfect breasts…perfect ass…

His breath was coming in ragged pants now as he stepped toward the toilet and slammed the lid upward. He was now naked as he stood over it, except for the sweatpants bunched around his ankles. Every muscle in his body tensed as he pumped his massive erection in his closed fist.

...she’s not wearin’ any fuckin’ panties…

“…Jean…FUCKIN’…CHRETIEN!” he panted loudly as he finally lost the fight and tumbled over into the abyss. The waves of his orgasm crashed down over him as he gave his cock a final pump, then a squeeze, and spilled what felt like a gallon of his seed into the open toilet before him. He panted heavily as the aftershocks of his quaking release ran their course. Opening his eyes, he ran a hand through his hair as the waves subsided, bringing him back to reality.

“Logan…are you alright?”

Logan nearly jumped at the sound of Marie’s voice coming from the other side of the closed door.

“Uh…yeah darlin…I’m fine,” he answered after a few moments, then cursed himself silently for the hoarse break in his voice that he knew she must have heard. He flushed the toilet and pulled his pants up, then walked to the door and ripped it open.

A sleepy and completely unaware Marie stood before him, a questioning look in her eyes at his flushed appearance. He said only one thing to her after giving her a quick once over.

“We gotta get you some clothes.”

~*~