A/N: Yup, I'm finishing it.
***************************************

Chapter 19: Wild Things


"I thought you left me, Marie."

The words were dark, desperate, filled with dangerous need as Logan breathed them against her, his hands and mouth everywhere on her all at once as he pinned her to the trunk of an old oak tree.  Marie could only moan breathlessly in response, her fingers tangled in his thick hair as he devoured the heated flesh of her neck and shoulders, his teeth sinking hungrily into her skin as the crushing pressure of his arousal ground against her aching centre.  

She was laughing or crying or sobbing in relief, which one she couldn't decide anymore and it didn't matter anyway.  All that mattered was that Logan had found her...she was alive, and he was against her, the solid warmth of body pressing into all the right places as the rough bark of the tree scraped at her back.

They'd torn across the desert like bandits that evening, for how many hours exactly Marie had long since lost count; she only knew that by the time the bike finally ran out of gas and sputtered to a stop at the edge of a densely wooded forest, the darkness of night had fallen over a desolate Mexican sky, enveloping them fully in its starlit cloak.

Moonlight rained down on them through the spaces of the leaves above as they breathlessly grappled with each other's clothing, both of them still trembling with adrenaline from their earlier encounter with Sabretooth.  Logan's impatient hands yanked at the straps of Marie's dress as she clawed at the belt of his blood-splattered pants, her frustrated groans matching his as they sought to get as close to one another as possible.

They were on borrowed time.  Marie knew it even if Logan didn't want to say the words.  She could feel it in the intensity of his kisses, all hungry growls and desperate nips, and in the urgency of his touch, his fingers all but bruising her flesh as they squeezed and kneaded her all over though the thin fabric of her dress...

She knew they were on borrowed time, but she didn't care, couldn't care.  She only wanted this moment, this night, to revel in the feel of his fingers in her hair...the beat of his heart against hers...the rough feel of his khakis against the heated flesh of her thighs as she tried to pull him even closer to her, pull him inside of her...

She could smell him, all rage and lust and guilt and need, and something else that Marie couldn't place, but which she somehow knew to be indescribably masculine, and unlike anything she'd ever smelled before.  The thick, musky aroma stuck in the beads of sweat that glistened on his muscles and silky chest hair, making Marie dizzy with lust and reawakening the beast that growled deep inside of her.  She could still feel him - it - inside her head, the feral parts of the beast she'd absorbed earlier...it was rattling against the bars of the mental cage she'd tried to lock it away in, roaring to get out and threatening to take her over completely...

A low growl churned deep in Logan's chest as he lowered Marie to the ground, drawing a sharp gasp from her as he took hold of her hips and forcefully spun her around to face the tree.  Her nose grazed the bark of the oak now as Logan trapped her against it from behind, his arousal pressing insistently into her backside as his body formed a hot, muscular wall at her back.

One of his strong arms slipped around her waist, hauling her fully up against him as his breath puffed hotly against her ear.  Marie whimpered softly as his other hand went to the skirt of her dress, hitching it up over her hips and raising goose-pimples all over her heated flesh in the process.  They were both panting heavily now as Logan's fingers hooked into the waistband of her panties and ripped them downward, almost tearing the seams in his haste as he pulled them down so that they strung across her thighs.  

Marie grunted softly as Logan's fingers found her center, one digit, then two probing deep inside of her as he hastily readied her for him, her hips twisting violently back against him as his thumb brushed over her aching pearl. Then, just as quickly as they entered, the fingers were gone, and Logan was reaching down between them to rip his belt buckle open.

The sound of his zipper was next as he ripped it downward, and before Marie could even breathe his name, he was inside of her, filling her with a single merciless stroke that nearly took her off her toes.

"Logan!"

He gave her no time to recover from the sudden invasion, simply pulled out halfway with a snarl before slamming into her again, his cock stroking so deep up inside of her that she thought she might faint.  Her flesh convulsed wildly all around him, trying to accommodate him as she twisted her hips back against him.  His erection was hot, thick, rampant as she'd ever felt it, and those first few strokes into her had all but brought tears to her eyes.

Marie's hands came up to brace against the tree, her fingernails digging into the bark as Logan began stroking into her in earnest, offering her no mercy as he proceeded to possess her fully.  A warm hand was on her breast now, squeezing and tweaking the nipple through her dress as he drove into her from behind, and Marie thought she would die from the intensity of all the emotions swirling deep within her.

"Oh fuck...Logan..."

It was all she could manage through the sudden heat that flashed through her, her mind scrambling for purchase as an unexpected flood of emotion took over her entire being.  Logan only growled feral in response, his fingers gripping her hips tightly as he pulled her back against his forceful thrusts.  

Suddenly every part of her was on fire, her entire existence winding up into a tight cord deep inside her belly as Logan fucked her against the tree. The swollen head of Logan?s cock had found a spot on the front wall of her sex that turned Marie?s word upside down, and he proceeded to grind against it without mercy.  She reached a hand back, tangling it in Logan's hair as the tears she'd been trying to hold back finally sprang to her eyes, a familiar pressure rising up within her, filling her until she felt a dam would break inside of her.  

Her entire world wound up into a tight cord deep in her belly as Logan continued to stroke into her hard, and then he shoved her mercilessly over the edge, sinking his teeth hard into her shoulder and drawing blood this time as her body bowed against him.  

Marie felt her world splinter into a million pieces as her climax ripped through her.  A shuddering sob wracked her body as Logan wrung her release from her, all of the tension of the last forty eight hours finally finding escape, draining from her body as her legs trembled from the intensity of her quake.

The fluttering of her sex around him seemed to be all that Logan was able to take, because something in him suddenly snapped, and he growled loudly as the last vestiges of his control seemed to slip away.  He slid a hand into her hair and Marie winced slightly as he wound his fingers in the tousled locks, twisting her head until his lips met her ear.  

"He can't have you, Rogue," he snarled darkly, drawing a shiver from Marie as his facial hair brushed against the heated lobe.  "You're mine."

A few more strokes was all he managed before he grunted against her, burying himself completely as his cock throbbing inside of her.  Marie felt a familiar warmth exploding at her center as he unloaded what seemed like gallons of pent up rage deep into her squelching depths.  

Marie leaned her forehead against the tree trunk before her, panting breathlessly as Logan leaked the last of himself into her, his arms still tight around her.  Now completely down from her peak, a new emotion began to swell up in her as the tears in her eyes finally flooded over.

~*~*~

Logan was still trembling uncontrollably, his breathing still coming hard and shaky as the adrenaline began to wear off, reality slowly floating back to him as the haze of his earlier rage subsided.   The smell of blood, sweat, and arousal wafted into his consciousness as the fog over him finally cleared, and he suddenly felt sick as he detected a fourth scent - tears.

"Jesus.  Marie..." Logan struggled to find the words as she trembled against him.  "Darlin', I don't know what the fuck came over me, takin' you like that.  I --"

"No, Logan, it's...I'm okay," she interrupted. "That was okay.  I'm just..."

Her words ended in a sob, and Logan had never before wanted to drive his claws into his own chest the way he wanted to now.  He didn't know what had come over him, taking her so savagely.  He'd been so enraged at what had almost happened to her, it was as though something deep within him had snapped.

It was only when she turned to face him that Logan realised Marie wasn't crying tears of pain or sadness. She was crying tears of joy.

"I'm just so relieved that you found me," she choked out, throwing her arms around his neck, and Logan felt something break inside of him as he crushed her to him.  Burying his nose in the fall of her hair, he breathed her in deeply, his own chest swelling with emotion as her tears soaked his neck and shoulder.

"Hey..." he whispered, pulling back a bit so he could see her face, a hand coming up to wipe her tears from her cheek.  

"Id've gone to the ends of the earth, darlin'," he said.

"I know," she whispered back, looking up at him with those impossibly big brown eyes of hers, and for the life of him, Logan couldn't understand the trust she placed in him, so complete and unwavering.  Everywhere he went, he left death and destruction in his wake; he'd never had anything good to give to anyone, and knew for a fact he'd never done anything to even remotely deserve the look she held in her eyes for him.

One thing he knew for certain, however; and that was that when they got out of this - and they were going to get out of all of this, somehow - Logan was going to pay Magneto back dearly for every tear he'd seen Marie cry.

Pulling her into him again, Logan leaned down to catch her mouth with his, crushing his lips to hers before coaxing them open with the rough of his tongue.  Marie moaned softly into him as her arms tightened around them, their embrace growing passionate as desire took over once more.

A hungry growl rolling up from his chest, Logan lowered Marie to the grass, smothering her body with his as he lay over her.  She opened up easily for him as he slid a hand up the skirt of her dress, releasing a claw to do away with what little remained of her panties.  Logan looked down into her eyes as the warm metal brushed over her skin.  

"I love you, Marie," he said, watching as her eyes filled with tears at his words.  "I love you so goddamn much, darlin'."

Logan wasn't even completely certain that he knew what the words meant, but he knew how they felt twisting deep in his chest.  This was the only thing he'd felt in the fifteen years that he could remember that had been stronger than his urge to kill, the only soft thing he had in a world that had been nothing but hard to him.  

Marie swallowed lightly, one of her hands coming up to touch his cheek, fingers combing lightly through the hair there as she looked up at him.  "Prove it," she whispered, eyes shining up at him, and it was a request he was most happy to oblige.

Settling himself between her legs, he slid a hand up into her hair and covered her mouth with his as he entered her for the second time that night, the slick evidence of their earlier coupling easing his way as he sank to the bottom of her sex.

Her legs came up to lock around his waist, preventing his escape as she clenched all around him.  With a tortured groan, Logan drew out of her almost all the way, her sex clinging greedily to him as he did so, encouraging him ever deeper into her.  Her eyelids fluttered shut, her head lilting backward as Logan began to work his stroke into a rhythm older than time itself.

Christ, he'd wanted to be softer and sweeter this time around, but his body had different ideas, the beast raging up within him once again as he plunged her depths.  Truth was the savage part of him - the part that couldn't always be controlled - didn't want to be gentle with her.  

That savage part of him - the animal -wanted to draw every goddamn beautiful scream, moan and whimper from those gorgeous lips that he possibly could, to feel her alive and against him in every way.  He couldn't get enough of the sounds she was making, the feel of her clamping down all around him, the taste of her blissful tears as he licked them away from her closed eyelids...

"Oh...God!  Don't stop, Logan," Marie suddenly gasped, their lovemaking suddenly took on a feverish pulse.  Her fingernails nails dug hard into his lower back, legs clamping even tighter around him as he thrust mercilessly into her.  The scent of their lovemaking was thick all around them now, dizzying Logan as he drove her toward the edge of her release.

"Oh yes, Marie," Logan growled as her sex began to pump uncontrollably around his rigid flesh, signaling her second climax of the evening. A renewed sense of lust and possessiveness gripped Logan hard as he slid his hands under her ass, pulling her up against him.  He could feel his release pooling hotly at the base of his balls and knew he wasn't going be able to hold back much longer. 

A few more shaky thrusts and his fight was lost.  Logan hilted himself inside of Marie, the head of his cock nudging against her cervix as he growled and let go.  An unrestrained shout of pleasure tumbled from his lips as the waves of pleasure rolled over him, his entire world shattering to pieces as he came.  He felt like his entire body was turning into liquid, melting up into her steaming depths, and it took everything in him not to release the claws right then and there.    

Panting exhaustedly, Logan collapsed, spent, on top of Marie.  Her hands in his hair, she gently caressed the unruly locks back from his damp face as he rested his head on her chest.  Watching, sleepily, as the moonlight danced through the leaves above, dotting the white fabric of Marie's dress, it was almost easy to forget the hell they were in.  Almost.  It took just one simple question from Marie to bring it all back.

"What's going to happen to us, Logan?" she asked.

Logan looked up at her, a million different answers coming to mind, before he settled on the right one: the truth.

"I don't know, darlin'," he answered after a long pause.  "I don't know."

~*~