Author's Chapter Notes:
Surpise number one!

Hope you like!
Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk.


Marie bit her lip as she ticked of another day on her makeshift calendar. She’d left the mansion exactly six weeks ago. Four of those weeks had involved delicious and utterly wonderful Logan-shagging. Turning to the window she sighed. She was standing in her room on the second story, but the snow ended just below the window. How the wooden cottage managed to hold out against the heavy snow, she didn’t want to know. She did know that the snow storm had finally dissipated two days ago. Now came the long wait for all the collected snow to melt. Who knew how long that could take!

Still staring out of the window Marie heard something drop downstairs, followed by an unbelievable string of curses. Instead of frowning, these curses made her smile. It meant that her darling lover was once again doing his best not to burn the bacon. Giggling at the thought she made her way down the stairs, ignoring the pressing little matter that had bothered her only seconds before. She would think about it later.

She came to a stop in the kitchen and leaned against the door, watching an angry Logan throwing a pan into s basin filled with water. With a loud hiss steam rose as the pan disappeared into it. On a plate on the counter rested the bacon, slightly smokey, and eggs. Slowly moving into the kitchen Marie made her way over to Logan. He was glaring pointedly at the hissing pan.

“Sugah, no matter how long you stare at that, it’s gonna hiss till it cools.”

“Hmph.”

Marie giggled. “Stop being so childish. It makes me wanna spank you, and you know that.”

“Hmph.” But Marie smiled. His lips had twitched, he would’ve smiled if it wasn’t such a danger to his ego. She had grown to know him all to well in the past few weeks.

“O, so you want to be spanked?”

*Oo, yes please!* No answer.

“I see.” She came up behind him and slipped her arms around his neck. “Well, it’s too early for spanking, and I want…” she placed her mouth right next to his ear and she could feel him shivering, “…BACON!” she yelled, knowing that his head would be ringing for some time after that.

She released him as he bent over and groaned. She laughed, turned and grabbed the breakfast plate, running into the warm living room. Before he had any chance to respond she was already settled on the couch.

“MARIE! You bloody little WITCH!” he stormed out of the kitchen and Marie barely managed to put the plate on the small table before he pounced on her.

“I don’t like it when you do that.”

She smiled at him. “Hmph.” Logan growled at her imitation of him.

“Aww, come on Sugah. You heal remember?” she winked and pushed him of her until he sat next to her. He crossed his arms and she giggled. She’d been doing that a lot lately, he noticed. And while he would have found that it would have annoyed him before, he’d come to appreciate the light sound. It meant that she was happy, and while she was happy, so was he.

She reached out and grabbed a piece of bacon, dangling it temptingly in front of her. Rolling his eyes he laughed and opened her mouth to take to offered piece of meat. While he chewed she smiled and grabbed another piece for herself.

“How do you feel about an early morning sparring match sugah?” she asked between the bites.

It came as a surprise; she’d had a thing about sparring in the mornings. She’d even warned him not to ask her, and here she was offering. Having learnt that raising an eyebrow around her was an open invitation to teasing he just watched her instead like she’d grown a second head.

She frowned. “What? Am I bleeding or something?”

“No darlin’.” He apologized quickly. “I’d like to have that sparring match.” Marie smiled and they ate the rest of their breakfast in silence, every now and then feeding the other. When the last bit of bacon and egg disappeared from the plate, Marie jumped up and grabbed it.

“Up you go! I’ll be up in a sec!” she called over her shoulder, practically skipping to the kitchen. She’d been acting very strangely lately. She was extremely happy the one moment, almost to the point of unbearable, and highly pissed the next. He just couldn’t make sense of her behaviour.

He’d barely entered the room and shrugged of his shirt when she pranced in. “Ready Sugah?”

“Bring it on love.”

The next to hours were spent trying to pin each other for longer than a few seconds, but no matter what they tried, for some reason they just kept matching each other move for move. Finally giving up they both fell down on the couch they’d decided to leave in the room.

Logan wiped his face with one of the towels Marie had brought to the room, while she did the same. Both were sweating despite the coolness of the second floor as their was no fireplace in the upper areas.

“Well sugah, it seems there’s just no getting around it. No matter how hard we try, we are as evenly matched as they come.” She laughed. “Or we just don’t wanna hurt each other too badly.” It was a lie and she knew it. If they didn’t heal like they did, both of them would have been in coma’s by now.

She sat down on the couch next to him and he drew her closer, but he couldn’t help but notice that she looked a little unhappy. He’d walked in on her crying a few days ago, but he’d said nothing, not questioning her when she blamed it on lack of sleep. In all honesty they’d both had little sleep.

But now he’d had enough. He noticed that she got a little far off sometimes, and he wanted to know why. Holding her against him he kissed her hair.

“What’s the matter Darlin’? I’ve been seein’ your sad lately, and I wanna know why.”

She looked up at him, studied his face, and kissed him lightly. “Always caring so much about me.”

“You know it.”

She smiled and nodded. “I miss them. I know many of them just didn’t treat me right, but I still miss them Logan. They were my family when I didn’t have anyone.” There. She’d said it. Lately she’d felt the professor trying to find her again, but she’d kept him firmly shut out. She just wasn’t ready to talk to him yet, but they couldn’t stay here forever, she knew that. She sighed.

“What aren’t you telling me?” Logan felt his defences rise a little. He’d known that this day would come. He’d never fooled himself into thinking that they could stay in the little cottage forever, but it had seemed like such a beautiful fantasy to get lost in.

“The Professor, Charles…For the past week he’s been trying to contact me. But I keep him out. He’s a telepath but I’m just not ready to talk to him yet. But just the fact that he’s trying to reach me… it’s reminded me of everyone I’d left behind.”

She turned into him and hid her face in his chest. His arms surrounded her. “Just a little longer.”

He nodded. “As long as you need.”

She didn’t mention that she was also afraid they’d take him away from her. It was no secret that the mutants at the mansion were pretty strict on rules, and he didn’t exactly comply to 99% of them. She snuggled closer, drawing comfort from his closeness.

She needed to know again. The few words had become sacred to her, a invisible string that kept her connected to sanity.

“Yours?”

Logan was a little surprised at her need for reassurance now, but he didn’t hesitate in giving it at all. “Mine. Yours?”

“Mine. Love you.”

“Love you too.”




Another two weeks, gone. Marie marked the calendar and she knew. She just knew. It was time. She wanted to be sure, but if it wasn’t here now, it wouldn’t come anytime soon. She sighed, bracing herself for the challenge that lay ahead of her.

It was already late in the afternoon, the snow had melted quite a bit and she knew that they’d be able to leave soon. The thought made her both very happy, and incredibly sad. At least she’d be rid of the constant probing from the professor. It had grown into a large annoyance compared to the tingle it had been. He was becoming impatient.

Walking down the stairs, she found Logan smoking one of the cigars she’d forced herself to stop smoking three weeks ago. She clambered onto the couch and laid down next to him, refusing the offered beer.

Logan could smell the nervousness in her scent, but whatever she had to tell him, it had been coming for the past two weeks. He knew that, and he’d waited for her, for this moment. He wasn’t going to make any trouble now. She sighed as she pulled his hand over her, wanting to feel him holding her, and he drew her closer to him.

“Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk.”

There it was; the fateful words. For some reason he felt a little afraid that it would bring an end to everything he’d come to love. She sighed again.

“I’m listening Darlin’.”

“He’s been becoming more insistent.”

Logan nodded. She’d been under incredible stress lately, trying to keep the professor out of her mind. Bloody bastard. She was growing tired much quicker, and had had a slip with her control one or two times when she was caught of guard. At least they’d broken contact quickly both times.

“I think we should go back.”

Logan sat up, still holding Marie. He’d been afraid of this.

“Why?”

“I can’t hold him off anymore. It hurts too much, and I can’t take it.”

“Isn’t there anything I can do?”

She shook her head. Before she would have gladly taken the professor’s determination in her stride, but things had changed and she just couldn’t do that anymore.

“Sugah, you’ll always love me, right? You’ll love me for me?”

*What the hell?* “Of course! Why wouldn’t I?”

She swallowed the big lump that had formed in her throat.

“And do you think you’d ever be able to…you know…have a future with me?”

Now Logan was properly baffled. He’d thought he’d made it abundantly clear that he loved her! “Of course I do! Marie, why are you asking me this?”

She took a deep breath. “Would you consider marrying me when we leave here?” she raised her eyes to his slowly, afraid of what she might see there. All she saw was bewilderment and shock, before she was showered with love, both from his eyes and his lips that suddenly devoured hers. Drawing back she felt her lips swelling a little.

Logan took of the dog tags that rested around his neck. It was all he had of his past. He hung it around her neck. “I don’t have a ring Marie, but those mean much more to me than a ring, and you mean more to me than anything else in the world.”

Marie lifted the dog tags and studied them. Wolverine. Rogue’s Wolverine. Marie’s Logan. She threw her arms around him and sobbed. He soothed her and when she calmed down he pulled her away, questions dancing in his eyes. She owed it to him to explain…

“Logan, Sugah…I’m think I might be pregnant.” She couldn’t look into his eyes. “I’m like clockwork…but I’m almost three weeks late…”

The room was silent for a few seconds before she looked up when she heard him laughing. “Bloody hell Marie, is that what you’ve been worrying about!” he gathered her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

“You…you don’t mind?”

“MIND? Marie, I’m ecstatic! I wouldn’t want a child with anyone but you!” Her face lit up and she fell into his embrace, thinking that everything was going to be alright. He pulled away for a few seconds. “Get that professor pal of yours in your head. We need to get you out of here to somewhere where I can take care of you.”

“Really?” her eyes grew wide. “What if they take you away from me?”

He growled. “One, yes really. The baby doesn’t need more stress than you can handle, and two, they’ll never manage to pry you from my arms.” She nodded and lowered her mental blocks, allowing the professor to speak to her.

~Rogue! Thank god!~

~Hey Charles.~

In Westchester Charles Xavier realised at once that something in Rogue had changed. He needed to know what, and he needed her back at the mansion.

~Where have you been? It’s almost been two months! We missed you!~

She smiled mentally. ~I’m fine, and I missed you too Charles. How is everyone there?~

~We are well, but we need you back Rogue. Things aren’t the same without Little Miss Sunshine.~

Her eyes snapped open and Logan took her hand. She smiled at him. “He’s cracking jokes. If you know him like I do, you’d know that that doesn’t happen.”

~Rogue?~

~Sorry Charles, did you say something?~

~Are you alone?~

~God no! I’m in a cottage with a friend of mine.~

~Anyone I know?~

Marie could feel a sudden probing, but her memory blocks were up before Charles could come near her new treasured memories.

~Charles, I said I missed you. I don’t want you poking around in my mind.”

~I’m sorry Rogue. Where are you?~

~First I want to make a few things clear.~

~Ok.~

~I want to come back, but I’m only coming back because I have too. Also, my friend is coming along with me, but I’m warning you, if you send this mutant away, you won’t see me again. Ever. Is that clear.~

~Is there something you need to tell me Rogue?~

~Is that CLEAR, Charles?~

~Abundantly. Where can we pick you up?~

Marie looked over at Logan. “He’ll be picking us up soon.” She kissed his cheek. “How much time do we need?” Logan purred as she ran her hands through his hair.

“If he’s here in less that an hour, I’ll kill him myself.” Marie giggled.

~For your own safety, I’d recommend you pick me up in Canada in about two hours.~

~CANADA?! But there was a storm there!~

~Relax Xavier. I’ve been more than fine. Let me show you where I am.~

Allowing the professor to see the drive into Canada, minus the crash, and the hike up to the cottage, she cut of the rest of her memories.

~Can you find us?~

~I’ll send Scott with the Blackbird.~

~Thanks Charles. I’ll see you soon.~

~Of course.~

~O Chalres…can you have Hank be ready for me?~

~Are you hurt?~

~No…I just need to check something.~

~Of course.~

~Goodbye Charles.~

~I’ll see you soon.~


Opening her eyes again Marie noticed a very confused looking Logan.

“Share?”

She laughed. “I don’t think so. I asked for two hours, but with them you never know. Do you really want to waste time talking?”

“Good point.”

And with that she was lifted from the couch and carried to ‘their’ room, where Logan made love to her for the last time in ‘their’ bed.




I MEAN LAST TIME AS IN, THEY WON’T HAVE EACH OTHER IN THAT BED AGAIN. THERE’S LOTS OF LOVEMAKING IN THE FUTURE! DON’T HATE ME!