Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is, the next chapter!

Hope yall like it, and I'm really sorry about the ending! Don't worry, the next chapter will really make up for it ;)
Tentative touches


Logan slowly opened his eyes and groaned. He was still on a musty old couch, covered in a blanket and staring at the ceiling of the spareroom in the abandoned cottage. How absolutely wonderful. He was about to turn around and try to catch a little more sleep when a familiar yet totally unexpected smell reached his nostrils. Eggs and bacon. His eyes snapped open. There was meat nearby, and it had been fried in too much oil. Perfect! Not only that, but the smell was fast approaching his door.

He was in such a rush to get to the source of the smell that he completely forgot his…state of undress, and he yanked open the door, finding a wide eyed Marie holding a tray with breakfast. A tray which she almost dropped at the sight of naked *NAKED! O MY GOD, That man is sex on a platter! … Right, no more thoughts like that…* Logan.

To focused on the food before him, it took Logan a while to notice Marie biting into her lip as she stared at him. *I think one can describe this…GOD in human form as a little more than…-mental giggle- blessed?*

Logan, realising that he was still naked, had both the urge to flee into his room *Flee? I don’t think so.* and to simply stand there, allowing her to get an eyeful. He chose the latter, leaning his shoulder against the wall and smirking.

*Right. Just hand him his breakfast, turn around and run…but he’s just so…NO. I do NOT think things like this. Just hand him the eggs…I wonder if I could fry bacon in HIM, his just so utterly HOT and…* Marie blushed as she finally managed to raise her eyes back to his face only to see him smirking at her.

Logan couldn’t help but wonder how she’d look, moving against him. *I wonder if that blush spreads further than just her face.* He laughed mentally at the thought. Rogue, the woman who’d almost used him to bash down a tree, blushed. He finally raised and eyebrow and Marie coughed, looking down at the plate.

“I, um…I brought us some breakfast. I wanted to surprise you…” she drifted of. *For heavens sake ROGUE, get a GRIP!*

Logan nodded, turned, and headed into the room, where he slipped on a pair of jeans before moving to sit on the couch. A few seconds later a very quiet Marie moved into the room, images of Logan dancing behind her eyes. She moved over to couch and set the tray between them, grabbing a piece of bacon. Logan did the same.

“Where did you get this?” he said, eyeing the scrap of meat before devouring it in two bites. Marie giggled. The sound, although slightly annoying, was welcomed by Logan. At least it meant she wasn’t completely focused on him and blushing anymore. Whether that was such a good thing, he wasn’t sure, but it was ok, for now.

“Remember I told you that the little storeroom is mine? Did that for a reason, ‘cause I knew you’d nab everything in there if I told you. The people have some kind of sealed room back there, with eggs and milk, bacon and a few good pieces of chicken and pork.” She laughed as her mental Wolverine growled at the lack of red meat. “And before you even ask, no. There was no beef in there at all.” Logan growled.

“I guess this’d have to do then.” Marie nodded and they ate in silence. It was becoming a habit for them not to speak while they ate, but this morning it was mainly because both were a little to busy with their thoughts to speak.

*If he knew what I was thinking, those claws would be spearing me by now…*

*Thank god she can’t read minds. I’d be a dried out corpse before long…*

And so it went as they both tried to finish the breakfast as quickly as they could. The usual comfortable silence was anything but comfortable at that point, and when they both swallowed the last of their eggs, they both rose rather quickly from the couch.

“I clear this up…” – “I’m gonna go clean up…”

The both spoke at once. Nodding, Marie took the tray downstairs to clean it, while Logan went to the bathroom. He had a rather large problem to take care of. Marie watched him as he walked down the hall to the bathroom and shut the door behind him. She didn’t have to be a genius to know what was going on behind the door, and she didn’t need his enhanced senses either. With a smile she walked to the kitchen and began singing as she washed up.




When Logan finally emerged into the living room, Marie had started up the fire again. Looking out the window, Logan could see the flakes still falling steadily. The snow had risen another foot or so in the night, and pretty soon the window would offer no view. He cleared his throat and walked over to the couch where Marie sat, a blanket covering her legs.

“Come on sugah, I want to get some practice in.” she called over her shoulder. *O gods, he did do it again. I wonder how he looks in the shower when he strokes himself…hmm, does he think of me…I can’t believe sex can smell so good on a person.* Unfortunately, all these thoughts were getting Marie very aroused. She did her best to will her desire for him away, but that went straight to hell when he sat down next to her.

Just as she could smell him, Logan could smell the arousal in her scent. He sat down smiling and looked at her. So, she wanted him, did she? Logan was quite tempted to turn her around and take her right there, but he knew that it would probably be the stupidest thing he could do. Instead he shrugged.

“Lets start then.” He held out his hand for her and she eyed it warily before reaching out and placing her palm in his. A strange sensation went through her body, and they could both smell her arousal. Logan could also smell the fear and concentration as she scrunched up her eyes and tried to keep her mutation from flicking on and drain him dry. They managed a full ten minutes before she dropped his hand, feeling a slight pull. They were both a little out of breath when she pulled back, but they were also both smiling.

“Ten minutes. Better than yesterday’s two, don’t you think Darlin’?” she nodded. After a couple of minutes she held out her hand again and without hesitation, Logan took it in his own.

Four hours later they decided to stop, both hungry and tired from the exercise and concentration. She’d finally broken an hour long touch, just not able to keep her mind focused any more. Logan took the blanket and covered her up.

“Get some rest, darlin’. I’ll go make us some lunch.” Sadly, lunch consisted of a very watery odd coloured soup, and Marie laughed as he held out her cup.

“I think I’ll stick to the cooking, and you can start fixing up this place a bit.” She joked, nudging a rather stormy looking Logan in the side. He grunted.

“Damned instructions on the side of that can ain’t complete. How’d they expect a person to make soup with shitty instructions.” He lifted the cup to his mouth. At least it didn’t taste all that bad. Marie just laughed and did the same.


Soon they both fell into a comfortable routine. Mornings would consist of breakfast, which they’d started eating on Marie’s bed. The couch just didn’t provide the same kind of comfort for breakfast in bed. They’d eat in silence before Marie would go to clean up. Then the housework began. Because the place had been standing empty for a while, a whole lot of things needed fixing and cleaning. Marie would wash the bedding and the clothing, hanging it in front of the fire to dry while she tried cleaning the rest of the place, while Logan fixed loose and banging windows upstairs, replaced a few floorboards and patched things up as best he could.

After that they’d spend a few hours working on Marie’s touching. Both were very proud of her progress, she’d managed not to break the contact for the entire five hours of their last session. And then she only broke it because it was time to make dinner.

Dinner consisted of soup in front of the fireplace most nights, while they treated themselves to a little something extra on Friday, Marie preparing a few of the small pork steaks. They spent their time talking about anything. Themselves, people they knew, things they’d done and places they’d been.

Apart from this daily routine, they had one other. The first few days Marie would allow Logan the bathroom after breakfast every morning, but on the fifth day she decided to swing the tables. Before Logan could make the bathroom, she’d already locked the door behind her. Turning on the water she could hear an angry Logan mumbling all the way back to his room. She smiled and stepped into the warm water.

Slowly she began running her hands up and down her body and letting them come to a rest over her breasts. She kneaded them and rolled her nipples between her fingers until they stiffened under her fingers. Still pinching her nipple with one hand, she ran the other over her stomach and down to the curls between her legs. She moaned softly as she started to run her hand roughly over her mound, imagining that it was Logan.

She closed her eyes, slipping a finger inside of her, and thrusting it in as hard as she could. She added another, and she had to bite her lip to keep from crying out as she imagined Logan inside her, touching her and taking her. Finally she’d shuddered came, his name on her lips.

When she finally did go back to the room to gather the tray for cleaning, she saw him standing in a corner. They could smell it on each other, and the fact that they both knew the other person was well aware of what they’d done, they just smiled, and continued with their daily routine.

Sometimes she got lucky and used the bathroom, other times he’d managed to get there before her and she had to settle for the room. Neither of them ever spoke about it, but they were more than just aware of what was happening. It seemed almost like a countdown for something.

Two weeks later the ‘countdown’ stopped as quickly as it started. Logan and Marie were standing in the living room, both her hands in his. They’d been standing like that for hours, and Marie found that she didn’t really need to concentrate on keeping her mutation of any more. She looked up at Logan, who was staring down at her. There were tears in her eyes.

“I…I can touch.” And with those simple words, something in the air snapped between them.