Author's Chapter Notes:
Yup yup yup, its up!
Gimme more reviews, I need food people!
Yours, Mine, and that we share.


Logan didn’t exactly have the most pleasant wake up call, contrary to the peaceful sleep he’d enjoyed. In fact, his delightful alarm clock was a sharp kick in his side before a fist collided with his jaw. He groaned and spit out a mouthful of blood onto the floor. Just as he was about to turn around he felt another kick, this time in his ribs. “Fuck!” he swore loudly, rolling away from the struggling figure on the floor. Marie was definitely much stronger than she looked, and his healing broken rib was witness to that.

He looked on as she struggled against some invisible attacker, but at least she wasn’t lashing out anymore, like she had when he’d been next to her. She was moaning in her sleep, her face contorted in pain. Logan couldn’t take it anymore. Her scream filled the cottage and Logan leaped forward against all better judgment. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her hard.

“Marie. MARIE!”

Her eyes flew open, and he could smell the fear, anger and anxiety slowly disappear from her scent. She looked around wild eyed, trying to remember why she wasn’t it bed next to Bobby when she recalled the previous two days’ events. She looked up at Logan, but she pushed him away. “I’m fine.”

She stood up and straightened the sweater that had started to ride up, revealing a rather nicely toned abdomen, in Logan’s opinion. He leaned against the nearest wall and smirked. Marie turned to walk away when Logan’s voice stopped her.
“Fine? Yes, I suppose you are F.I.N.E. If anyone here is Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional, it’s you.” She whirled around, scowling.

“Logan, I think it’s time to warn you. I am NOT a morning person. If you give me shit now, I will remove an appendage that even your healing factor won’t grow back. Got it bub?” She turned and walked into the kitchen, intent on finding some form of caffeine. She was really going to miss her daily buzz. Logan simply stared after her, still not used to the way his own personality would appear before him when she lost her temper. But far from bothering him, it spurred him on. He wanted more of her.

Reaching the kitchen he saw her washing her hands and face. She didn’t look up at him as she spoke. “Logan, now is about a good time as any to establish some boundries.”

Boundries, cages, fences, they were all alike, and they all bothered him… and they never kept him contained for very long either. But Marie didn’t seem to notice the slight twitch in his face as he tried to keep from smiling. Between the two days he’d known her, he’d come to realise that she must have been one of the leaders in the little x-squads or whatever they called themselves. She was just too bossy to not be.

“There’s one bedroom up there.” She said, referring to the small second floor of the cottage. “There’s also a bathroom and a spare bedroom. On the groundfloor is the kitchen, the living room and another small room that I’ve turned into a small storeroom for all our things. Now, this is how things will work.”

She dried her hands, pulled the gloves on and walked over to him, hands on her hips. “Kitchen we share. Otherwise I’ll permanently have you nagging me to get you one of these disgusting beers.” She opened the small fridge that she’d rescued from the Camper to reveal that all his beers, including his secret stash, was contained inside. She reached inside and pulled out two beers, tossing one to Logan. “These we’ll share as well, because it’s your damn fault I crave ‘em.” She walked past him into the living room, calling over her shoulder, “and the same goes for those smelly cigars of yours. Share or of limits sugah.” She said teasingly, before settling down on the couch, opened the bottle and too a sip from the crappy Canadian beer.

“I already carried a couch up for you yesterday, it’s in the spare bedroom. There ain’t no bed in there, so the couch will have to do. I get the bed in the bedroom.” She looked over to him, raising her eyebrows as he was constantly doing at her. “To be clear, Spare Room, yours, bedroom, mine. Bathroom, share. And living room to, we share it. But You better stay outta my storeroom.” She growled as she caught him stealing a few glances at the far door. He walked over to stand next to the fireplace.

“Fine. So that’s the yours, mine and ours. Anything else, fearless leader?” he joked, but she shot him a glare that would have killed anyone else. Logan took it in his stride. He walked over to a window and sighed. “Snow’s risen about a foot and a half. If it keeps on like this, we won’t be able to see out these windows soon.”

“Don’t really care sugah. I just wanna keep warm.” She jumped up suddenly and Logan had his claws unsheathed in seconds. She laughed as she saw his defensive stand. “Chill Captain America, I just remembered that I forgot to check the upstairs plumbing!” she scrambled up the stairs, a rather pissed of Logan on her heels. At the top of the staircase she pointed him to the spareroom before heading to the bathroom. She smiled as she saw that the previous owners did indeed install some more modern plumbing for there bathroom. She felt much better, and realising that she was covered in blood and filth, decided right there and then to enjoy a lovely shower.

She opened the taps and allowed the water to heat up while she slipped out of her many layers of clothing. She tossed her dirty clothing into the bath, intending to wash it later on. She never liked to do the washing at home, but now she could finally put those hours to good use. She just slipped of her last piece of underwear when steam began to roll out of the shower. With a sigh she stepped under the warm water and allowed the grime from the days past to wash from her body.


Down the hall Logan surveyed his ‘new’ private little corner. It wasn’t anything spectacular; it was a simple room fitted with a closet, window, fur on the floor and newly added couch. His duffels were tossed in one corner. Tentatively he entered the room. It smelled of Marie. She’d been in here cleaning. Mint. The room smelled like her and Marie smelled like mint. Not the dried out crap that burnt your nose, but the lovely, freshly cut mint that you served with chocolate ice cream. He wondered if it would be the same if one served ice cream with Marie. *Bad idea bub. We don’t know how ol’ Rogue-y feels about that.*
Angry with his damned conscience, he heard the shower starting in the bathroom. Shower, the next place he was gonna hit.

“Don’t use up all the hot water Marie!” he called before closing the door behind him. Unbeknownst to him, Marie stuck out her tongue at the bathroom door. He walked in and picked up his duffel, taking out the clothes and putting it in the closet. He wasn’t one for settling down, or the customary neatness, but he didn’t want to have to grope around in his duffel for the next month each time he needed something.

The sound of Marie singing soon reached his ears. He was startled by the purity of her voice as the lyrics reached his ears. It was rather sad and slow, not his type at all, but as he listened to the words he realized just how much it probably meant to her. He huffed. It was almost certainly the song that would have played at their wedding he was sure of it. But he opened the door and walked to the bathroom where he leaned against the wall. It was as if everything had gone quiet so that he could listen to her honeyed voice.

She was just finishing with the chorus, and starting up with the second verse as he settled himself comfortably against the wall.

I'm falling into you (falling into you)
This dream could come true
And it feels so good falling into you

I was afraid to let you in here
Now I have learned love can't be made in to fear
The walls begin to tumble down
And I can't even see the ground


He realised then how much this Drake boy had hurt her. He could smell the salt of her tears, but her voice was clear as crystal as she sang. He stood quietly, listening to the entire song, before finally knocking on the door, reminding her that he wanted some of the limited hot water too. Instead of a reply he heard a yelp and the sound of something falling to the floor. He yanked the door open and rushed forward.


Marie always sang in the shower. And so, when the desire to sing rose up in her chest, it was only natural that she sing the same song she’d been singing everyday for the passed few weeks, the very song that would have played at her wedding. Falling into you, Celine Dion. Slowly she sang the words, and within minutes the emotional downpour from the previous night returned in full frenzy. The tears mixed with the water pouring down her face as she kept on singing.

When the last note died away on her lips there was a knocking on the door. Marie jumped, and slipped on the wet tiles beneath her feet. She yelped loudly as she reached out for something, hitting a bottle from the small shelf in the shower. She barely had time to realise what had happened, but she closed her eyes and braced herself for a hard fall on cold tile. The pain never came. When she opened her eyes she found herself looking at Logan. She’d fallen straight into his arms, and now, eye to eye with him, she saw that he was biting his lip rather hard, drawing blood. Cocking her head to one side in confusion, Marie suddenly realised she was still naked.

But that wasn’t all.

She was lying naked in Logan’s arms. And as wonderful as that was for a few seconds, the fact the he was shirtless was even better. And it had nothing to do with the great view. They were having skin to skin contact…and nothing was happening. Not wanting to be excited over nothing, Marie wriggled out of his arms and grabbed a towel, covering herself quickly. Logan just looked at her and held out his hand.

She was now biting her lip, but she reached out and placed her hand in his. For a couple of minutes there was nothing. No pull, no pain, no life sucking force. But soon Marie was looking visibly tired and Logan yanked his hand back just as he felt the first tingles. But he was smiling.

“Congratulations. I think we’ve just overcame boundary number one.” He winked at her as he said this. “But now I think I need the shower. Can I have a minute?” he asked her teasingly, and she nodded, walking out in a daze. She touched Logan. She could touch someone! She felt better than she had in months when she stepped through the bedroom door and started rooting around in her bag for something to wear.


Logan mulled over what happened as he stood in the shower. He’d opened the door only to have a very wet, very naked and very beautiful Marie fall straight into his arms. He immediately registered the lack of life suction, but he bit his lip until he tasted blood. He had too, to prevent himself from doing anything he might regret later.

When she’d touched him again, he concentrated on feeling. For the first minute he really didn’t feel anything. But he could see she was becoming strained and for the second minute he forced his mutation to keep hers at bay. But soon even his couldn’t fight of the sucking force and he’d pulled away. He was only to thankful that she’d wondered out in her little trancelike state, because if she’d seen the bulge he’d been trying to hide, she’d kick him out of the cottage, never mind ever letting him touch her again. He sighed and proceeded to relieve himself of his problem, stroking himself leisurely at first, before sliding his hand faster and harder, pretending that it was her hand, her body. With a grunt he came silently. It was either silently, or growling out her name, and he didn’t think that was the best way to let a woman know you were interested.

He washed and headed down the stairs to the kitchen. He could already make out the smell of something being prepared. Probably more canned crap. If he ever came out of this cottage, the first thing he’d do is find a lovely large steak and eat it by himself.

In the kitchen he found Marie standing over the little pot, stirring slowly. She had on a pair of snug fitting jeans and a long sleeved top. Seeing as the fireplace kept the lower floor at a tolerable level, she didn’t need much more. She sensed him behind her and she turned around.

“Hey.”

“Hey yourself.” She giggled. He smiled.

“Do you know if it’s you or me Logan?” he knew what she was referring to. He’d thought about that himself.

“I think it might be both of us. Your control and my healing. Maybe yours and mine can somehow battle out after we’ve shared as much as we had…” he suggested. She looked at the floor nervously, she could still smell the afterglow of sex on him and she felt rather embarrassed, but she didn’t comment on it. She shrugged.

“Might be that.” She turned around to stir the pot again and Logan came to stand next to her.

“We can practice your control every day if you’d like. I’ll heal from your touches.” She looked at him with her beautiful eyes and Logan smiled.

“I’d like that.” He nodded and went to the living room. She came in not long afterwards and handed him ‘lunch’. Chicken Noodle soup. Well, at least neither one of them would be catching any colds. They sat in silence for the rest of the afternoon, each with their own thoughts to work out. Growing tired soon they both got up at the same time.

“I think it’s time we settle in for the night.” Logan nodded.

“Good idea.” He was just as exhausted as she was. The little exercise earlier had drained more from them that they’d thought.

“I’ll see you in the morning Darlin’.” He smiled as they started up the stairs. Pausing at her door Marie looked around tohim.

“In the morning Sugah.” The doors closed at the same time and both occupants fell into a restless sleep, filled with dreams of hot showers, warmth and the closeness of the other.