Author's Chapter Notes:
Yep, I told yall I'm quick! May I present, Chapter 2!

Have fun! ;)
Curse the day...


Landing on the soft snow behind the jeep Wolverine could feel a few things being completely out of place in his body. With a groan he removed a sharp piece of metal from his leg, only to see the gash heal. Within minutes he was able to move without too much pain, and twenty minutes later an angry Wolverine rose to his feet, intent on telling the other driver exactly what he thought of them.

He reached the door and yanked it open. To his shock a young body fell from the seat when the door it had been leaning on opened so suddenly. She toppled straight into his arms. He quickly noticed that there was blood on her shirt and he pulled her hair back from her face. There was a rather large cut on the side of her head, and a blue-ish bruise above her eyes.

He laid her down on the snow, and sat back to look at her, unsure what to do. He noticed that her beautiful dark hair was laced with two white streaks on either side of her face. Curious, he leaned forward and touched one of the streaks. Her eyes opened so suddenly that it seemed she’d awoken from the dead.

She quickly scrambled back, but barely managed a couple of feet before bending over and retching in the snow. She fell back and clutched her head. “Fuck, that hurts!” she hissed, grabbing a handful of snow and holding it against her head. She barely took notice of the man sitting not far from her as she clutched her throbbing head. She DID notice him when he started moving closer though.

“Stay the hell away from me asshole.” She threatened. The fact that she smelled dead serious and completely unafraid amused Wolverine.

“Look kid, I’m just trying to help. C’mere.” He moved even closer and reached out to her but she swatted his hand away with a gloved one of her own. He sat back on his haunches and eyed her warily. “What is your problem?” he asked, becoming slightly annoyed.

“I don’t like to be touched. Just…don’t touch me.” She hissed right back. “And don’t call me kid. My name’s Rogue.” An eyebrow raised, but then Wolverine simply shrugged.

“Nice name.” he said, a slight bit of sarcasm in his voice. The look she gave him almost made him laugh. “Name’s Wolverine, Darlin’.” He said before moving closer again. Rogue glared at him from under her gloved hand. And she tried to move away again. “I ain’t gonna hurt you kid.” He was surprised by the way she looked at him.

“It ain’t me I’m worried about.”

Still wondering what she could have meant by that he stood up and walked over to the camper while Rogue still struggled to sit up properly, without feeling dizzy. – How the hell did he escape getting bloody hurt? – she asked herself. She’d been pretty sure she’d seen him flying over the jeep, and the whole in his windshield only proved that. She sat there, lost in her thoughts, when she suddenly felt something on her shoulders. Jerking around she found Wolverine with a blanket in his hands, his eyebrow raised again.

“I told you I don’t like to be fucking touched!” she yelled at him but he snorted.
“I ain’t touchin’ you, Darlin’. Just thought that you might get cold sitting on the snow for so long. Brought you a damn blanket.” He dropped it and turned back to the camper. “It’s warmer in there darlin’. Not much, but it ain’t no damned snow cone.” He growled over his shoulder, before climbing into the ruined camper. Not wanting to freeze to death, Rogue tried to stand, but she was unsuccessful. Looking up she found Wolverine watching her. Defiantly she tried to stand again, and when that failed, she tried to fly, but her body was just too tired. She groaned.

“Wolverine, can I get a little help here please?!” she called over to him, refusing to look him in his eyes. He smirked as he picked her up, noticing for the first time that her entire body, with the exception of her face, was covered. Deciding not to comment, he carried her to the camper and deposited her inside, on the bed at the far end. He’d closed of the crushed front section, and the room felt a little warmer than outside. Rogue groaned and leaned back.

“You hurt bad, kid?” he looked over to her. He didn’t exactly know why he asked. Or why he wanted to help her. But he knew that he wanted to. He wanted to do something to help ease the pain he was sure she felt. He also loved her soft Southern drawl. For some reason it just seemed to fit her. –Get a grip Wolverine. She ain’t ever gonna be touched by you.- he turned around and lit a small gas fire before turning to the small fridge and taking out a beer.

“I thought I told you not to call me Kid. It’s Rogue.” She mumbled from the bed as she watched the way his very nicely muscled – What the FUCK?! – body moved as he took a beer from the fridge. –Not the time to think like that! Gods, you don’t even know him! - she scolded herself. “And no, I’m not hurt that badly. I just need some rest.” She saw him nod, before she felt a sharp pain in her gut. She hissed and Wolverine swung around, just in time to see her clutch her stomach and slump over in a dead faint.



For a few suspended seconds Wolverine merely watched the slumped figure before he dropped his beer, cursing at the mess it made. He rushed over to the bed and lowered her slowly from her sitting position so that she was lying on her back. Apparently she’d been hurt worse than she was willing to admit. He reached over for the hem of her sweater before she moaned. After a few seconds he reached again and lifted her shirt. Across her stomach was a horrible blue, purple and red stripe. The seatbelt. It had hurt her worse than even he thought.

With a loud growl he surveyed the damaged body in front of him. He knew it was his fault. If he’d been focused, if he hadn’t tried to go for that damn cassette, she might still be ok, and headed to wherever she was going.

That’s when he noticed it. Left hand, fourth finger. A beautiful sapphire surrounded by smaller frost diamonds. She was engaged…and dying in his camper. And it was his fault. He did this. Knowing that he had to do something, he removed his driving gloves. He’d completely forgotten about them in all the commotion. After placing them on the counter he walked back to her and pressed his hands against her stomach, hoping to feel what was damaged.

He never got the chance.

Wolverine noticed that he couldn’t remove his hands from her, but that something was pulling him. Pulling his life from him. He hissed when a felt a throbbing pain through his entire body, but he held onto his life. At least long enough to see two beautiful brown eyes open and shock cross the features of the girl before everything went black.



Rogue felt odd. There was something not quite right. Was she dead? Her vision swam as the roof of the camper came into few. Apparently not. And it hadn’t been a dream either. Rogue wanted to shift when she suddenly realised that there were hands on her stomach. Her eyes flew wide open and she stared at Wolverine in shock. She grabbed his hands and pulled them away from her. She screamed.

She was a murderer. Wolverine was dead. –It wasn’t my fault. It wasn’t my fault. It WASN’T my fault! He touched me!- she said to herself over and over again. She felt like crying again and she pulled her legs against her…and she stopped.

There was no pain. Nothing. She felt the side of her head where the cut had been, but it was gone. She looked for a mirror, but had to settle for a spoon. The bruise above her eyes where gone too. She touched her stomach and pressed as hard as she could, but she felt fine. No pain whatsoever. –But how can that be?- she asked herself. Dhe didn’t have long to ponder the answer – there was a groan from the floor by the bed. She swung around and rushed to Wolverine. She noticed she could hear his heartbeat from where she was standing and, overjoyed, she picked him up and placed him on the bed where she’d been not minutes earlier.

She stood for a moment before it hit her. He was a mutant. He was like her. So he healed. That was good. But she also noticed that she had much better sight, hearing and sense of smell. All his that he shared with her. But there was another thing too. A loud growling in her head. Great. –That’s all I need, another damned passenger. Bloody animal. – The Wolverine in her head purred at the insult.

She decided to try and tap into his mutation power a litte more. All she managed to do was bring up a rush of bad memories. Memories that weren’t hers; of needles, and pain, metal and men in white coats. She groaned and sank to the floor. Like she needed to carry his baggage as well. She tried her best to stuff as many of those memories as possible behind a block. She sighed. It was a good thing he healed.

She looked around the camper and saw a small radio tucked into a corner. She switched it on just in time to hear the weather report at 5am.

“-coldest winter in history! The Snowstorm will last anything from a week to three weeks, and all roads will be blocked. We recommend that everyone stock up on supplies, and make sure that you have everything you need before tonight. Where going to be holed up tight for near to a month, so please make sure you are prepared!
In other news…-“ Rogue switched of the radio. This camper was definitely not going to be suitable for a month.

Deciding to use her new temporary heightened senses, she grabbed the nearest jacket, a long green, hooded one, and headed outside. She hoped against hope that she’d find something at least.



Wolverine awoke slowly and with a rather annoying headache. He groaned and sat up, noticing that he was on the bed. It all came back to him suddenly. The girl! He stood up quickly, but his head swam and he sat back down.

“Thank god you’re awake! I’ve been waiting for hours!” she walked to him and slapped him hard. “You touch me again, and I won’t stop until your dead.” She hissed. Then she kissed his cheek. “But thank you.” With a kick to his shins that pulled him from his shocked state she turned around and threw him his jacket. “Get up big guy. I can’t carry you all the way. We need to get out of here NOW. “

Wolverine caught the jacket, but he didn’t move. “What the fuck happened? What did you do? And where the hell are we going?” He didn’t get up, sitting there like a hard headed child. Rogue growled in a very Wolverine like way. He cocked his head at the sound. “I don’t have time to explain now, Sugah, but we got to get outta here. Our survival depends on it, ya big brute. Now get your ass in line and come.”

Something had changed about her. She sounded different. –She sounds like me. - he realised. He didn’t now whether to be pleased, baffled or highly pissed. He settled for confused, but he got up and walked over to her. “Where we headed?”

“You’ll see.” She said, not even bothering to look at him. “Just keep up.” And with that she jumped from the camper and started running. With a loud grunt, Wolverine jumped as well and followed her. –Curse the day we met. I bloody curse it.-