Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter!! I do hope it lives up to your expectations. My writing style has changed over the years, and I don't know how yall feel about it. Please leave me your comments!
Logan woke up suddenly, claws unsheathe and skin coated in a thin, cold layer of sweat. His eyes darted around the room as he breathed heavily, searching for Marie.

*Calm down. She’s in MedBay.* he thought to himself, forcing himself to take slower, deeper breaths. With difficulty he retracted his claws and fell back onto the pillows of the bed he shared with the woman he loved. He didn’t know how much longer he could keep his promise to Blue. He knew the doc was right, he needed to sleep, but without Marie next to him he wasn’t getting much sleep in edgeways.

Turning slightly and looking out from under the arm he slung over his face, Logan groaned as he saw the clock. He couldn’t go down to see her for another three hours. Three fucking hours. The beast within the man seemed to howl at this thought, and then began its rampage within him, demanding he went downstairs and claimed his mate back immediately.

“I have to stay calm.” He said aloud to himself, though it didn’t seem to do much good.

*She is OURS. She needs us to be with her. Screw the male, and find your mate!* It was difficult for Logan not to simply give in and follow his instincts. The past days were horrible without her. He’d attempted to pass time in the Danger Room, when he was not in the medbay, spending time with Marie, or helping Blue with his tests.

As the thought crossed his mind, Logan unsheathed his claws again. Experimentally he cut a deep gash into his skin, hissing as he did so, and knowing what the result would be. Almost instantaneously the wound healed, leaving now sign of the damage he had done. It hadn’t even been open long enough to spill the amount of blood a papercut would produce. Logan sighed again.

This was pointless. He couldn’t wait any longer. He needed to see Marie, and he needed to do it now. She might not be awake, she might not know he’s there, but he still needed to be around her. To protect her. And, if he was truly honest, to bring him peace. It was selfish, but he couldn’t bring himself to care.

Decision made, Logan slipped out of the bed, and opting for a shower before going down. The doc wouldn’t approve of him coming down early, but if he didn’t shower he knew he was being sent back upstairs. He couldn’t help but feel like a child around the furry mutant sometimes. Though, truth be told, he was also quite sure that he was much older than the doc.

Smiling a little he stepped under the warm spray of water, standing motionlessly as the water pelted his skin. Steam filled the bathroom, but Logan remained still, his mind blank as he tried to find a few moments of peace. Finally, when the water turned cold, he turned the shower off and stepped out, toweling off quickly.

It was but a few minutes later as Logan started his descent to the lower levels, where the medical bay was. Halfway down the hallway he stopped. Slowly, determinedly, he cocked his head to the side. There were definitely voices coming from the room at the end of the hall. Male and… female.

*Marie. She’s awake!*

As the animal within him roared, knowing it’s mate was awake, just beyond the door, Logan couldn’t find the strength to fight it. He stormed down the hall, nearly ripping the door off its hinges as he slammed it open. Dimly he realized that the doc had left, but his eyes were only on his Marie.

“Hey Sugah.” She said, smiling at him. “Did you miss me?”

There was no fear in her eyes as she surveyed the almost feral being in front of her. If anything, seeing Logan at such a base, wild level only served to excite her. After all, she’d not only fallen in love with the man, but with the beast as well.

Marie watched him, not moving at all, as he moved closer to her, slamming the door behind him. He looked like a predator stalking his prey. A force to be reckoned with. Sending Hank away had definitely been a good move – she doubted that the blue mutant had much of a chance against Logan whilst he was in this state. She, however, knew exactly which buttons to push.

With a sly smile she turned her head away and he stopped at the movement – until he realized she was baring her neck to him. With a loud snarl he closed the last distance between them, grabbing her by her hair and pulling back sharply. Marie hissed in pain, but did nothing to stop him. She could feel his breath on her neck as he smelled her, taking in her scent. Slowly she moved her hands to his shoulder and head, one hand holding on to him while the other brushed through his hair.

“It’s me, sugah. I didn’t leave you. Will never.” Seemingly satisfied he drew back just enough so that she could turn her head and look back at him. She allowed her eyes to run over him, and she felt something tug at her heart. Healing factor or not, she could see that he’d not been sleeping. Probably not been eating either. Well, she would be putting a stop to that right away. Marie knew what he needed. Wolverine needed his mate.

For once, Marie didn’t mind being clothed in nothing but a medical gown.

With a quick movement, Marie closed her legs behind Logan’s back and pulled him to her, lining his crotch up perfectly with hers. He hissed, his eyes almost growing darker as he watched her. “I need you, Wolverine.” She whispered in his ear, nipping the lobe. He growled and she chuckled. “I love you Logan. You can never hurt me. And Wolverine won’t. I trust all off you, you know that.”

Something snapped and what remained of the medical gown fell on the ground somewhere on the other side of the room. There had been no preparation, no warning. One second she was calming him, and the next he was thrust into her to the hilt. She couldn’t contain the scream, and wolverine roared at the sensation. He’d missed this. Too long, it had been way too long.

Marie allowed her head to fall onto Logan’s shoulder as she panted loudly. “Damn, sugah, give a girl a little warning next time.” As she said this she tilted her hips forward a little, pleased at the sharp intake of breath it elicited from her man.

“Marie…” he groaned out, but nothing more was said as he thrust forward into her again, both moaning as he did so.

“God, baby…” she whispered as he continued thrusting, every stroke torturously slow and yet indescribably hard at the same time. Despite him having uttered her name, she still knew who was in control at the moment, and she relished in the wildside of the man she loved. Now she just needed him to let go completely. She didn’t break before, she wouldn’t now.

Wolverine continued to thrust into her, pulling her to him, and his lips crashed down upon hers. He drank in every moan, enjoying every sound he elicited from his mate. Without being able to stop it, even if he wanted too, metal claws sprung from his hands, slicing into her back in the process.

Marie whimpered, arching her back as the sensation of pain flooded through her. He was almost where she needed him. Good. She tilted her head down to look at him as she leaned into his cold metal claws, aware of the fact that they cut into her back every time her lover thrust into her.

“Look at what I can do…” she panted out, before bringing her one hand between them, popping her own claws. There was no satisfying snikt, but for a few moments wolverine ceased his movements entirely. He seemed mesmerized by her claws, and despite REALLY wanting him to move, Marie allowed him his little inspection. He looked up, his eyes catching hers. Taking his sweet bloody time, he lifted her hand to his mouth, and slowly licked from the bottom of her palm to the tip of a claw. She shivered at the sensation. “Damn, Logan, Wolverine, I don’ care. Just take me right fucking now!” she finally ground out, her eyes flashing. Wolverine, damn him, grinned.

With ease he flipped her over, pushing into her roughly from behind. Marie barely had enough time to grab onto the metal bed and support herself, ensuring she didn’t fall flat on her effin’ face. But this was what she need, they both needed. As he began to pummel into her, she could only moan her approval. But when his claws began to rake over her back, moans of pleasure turned into screams.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Professor?”

Scott looked at the raised hand. “Yes Hanna?” he asked, not too pleased at being interrupted.

“Um..” she hesitated before continuing, “I can hear something.” A few sniggers shifted through the class, though quickly silenced by a glare from Scott. Hanna was not a feral mutant, but she could hear things that no normal person would or should. The girl was blind, and used sound much like a bat would.

“What is it Hanna?” Scott asked, closing the book he held in his hand.

She bit her lip. “I think it’s someone screaming.” She blushed suddenly. “Definitely someone screaming… Um… never mind professor, I must have been mistaken. Excuse me please sir.” She said suddenly, jumping up and fleeing the class. Scott didn’t waste any time in running after her, and with Scott out of the class, the students began to laugh.

Before Scott could catch up with her, she disappeared into the girl’s bathroom, leaving one baffled professor standing in the hallway.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m telling you, Professor, she heard something. She wouldn’t tell me what it was exactly, other than she heard screaming.”

Xavier watched Scott thoughtfully before nodding. “Get back to your class. I will talk to her.”

Scott nodded before leaving the office. Xavier sat back in his chair, reaching out to the mind of the young girl, and wasn’t surprised to find that she was still in the bathroom. Apparently she’d been greatly embarrassed by what she’d heard.

’Hanna? May I speak with you.’

Her answer was hesitant. ’Yes professor?’

‘Can you tell me what you heard?’
he began, hoping to get the girl to open up to him quickly. If someone was in trouble in or around the mansion he needed to know. He couldn’t feel any of the mutants close by broadcasting any signals of distress, but he needed to be sure.

‘I don’t think so sir.’ she was still embarrassed, but also determined.

’Can you show me Hanna?’ he tried again.

’I think so… but please don’t be mad.’ Xavier didn’t understand her request. How could he be mad at her? But with a mental promise, her mind was opened to him, and he withdrew quickly, shock on his face. Only now he understood her request. She didn’t want him to be mad – at them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Neither knew how long they’d been in the medbay since Logan arrived, and neither seemed to care as they lay on the floor, Marie settled comfortable on Logan’s chest.

“I’m still amazed at how much you can take… you’re sure he didn’t hurt you?” Logan asked again. He regretted losing complete control to the animal within, but Marie seemed VERY pleased.

She chuckled, watching as he played with her claws much like he used to play with her hair. “I’m fine babe. Not a scratch, not a mark, nothing but a very wonderful pain in my nether regions that seems to be fading way to fast.” Her eyes glinted evilly and Logan smirked.

“I can fix that soon enough.”

She smiled and snuggled into him. “I love you. I really do. Every part of you.” Marie chuckled. “Though neither of the doctors are going to like you very much after discovering the damage you did to most of the tables in here.” Logan only mumbled, earning himself another chuckle.

However, their moment of peace was cut short.

Wolverine, Rogue?’ both looked at the door before realizing that the professor was speaking to them mentally. They shared a slightly agitated look before both answered him back.

’Listen Charles, I’m – we’re a little busy. Mind calling back later?’

’Your timing sucks, Chuck. And get out of my head.’

He seemed to ignore them both. ’ I would like to see you both in my office please. You have one hour.’ his voice left little room for argument, and Logan and Marie looked at each other.

“How long do you think we can stretch an hour, hmm?”

Marie laughed as Logan stood them both up, tossed his shirt over her head, picked her up, and began to carry her to their room.


----------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s he worth to you?”

“He belongs to my family. We created him. Name your price and you’ll have it.”

“Will he suffer?”

“For a fellow mutant, you don’t seem to care much about his wellbeing.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Immensely.”

The room chilled as the young man grinned.