Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update! Still not as long as before, but we're getting there. Quality over Quantity, yes?
Blood on my Hands

There was something wrong with the bed beneath her. It wasn’t as soft nor as worn as the one she was used too. Confused Rogue slowly opened her eyes to discover she was in a room that she didn’t recognize. But when she felt an arm possessively around her she smiled, remembering the trip from the cabin as well as this room that now served as Wolverines – and hers. More relaxed she moulded into the body behind her, revelling in his closeness and warmth.

“Mornin’.”

It was his usually gruff greeting, one that Rogue had grown both used to and to love. She wouldn’t have it any other way. Decided to leave the talking for later she pressed harder against him but a large hand quickly stilled her movements, turning a pouting woman around. Wolverine laughed at her pout before placing a quick kiss on her lips, effectively deflating it.

“As much as I want you Marie, you know as well as I do that you have an appointment with Hank today. And we are not going to keep him waiting.”

With that he sat up, scooped her into his arms and with little difficulty lifted her, making his way towards the bathroom – and thus the shower – attached to his room. Rogue just giggled melodically until she found both her feet planted firmly on the tiled floor of the shower. A rather large shower…Seconds later she felt Logan join her and a cold spray peppered they’re bodies before it began to heat up. Folding her arms she turned to look at him in all his naked glory.

“How am I supposed to be a good, chaste little Rogue when I have such a delicious man standing in my shower?”

Logan only laughed before picking up a washcloth, lathering it with soap and began washing her neck and back. Marie shivered, tingles following his movements over her skin. As he thoroughly cleaned her she closed her eyes and sighed. Even when there was nothing sexual about his acts she became aroused. It was like the man was one giant aphrodisiac!

“That’s it!” with a quick movement she had him pinned against the wall, the cloth now in her hand and soap trailing down her body as the raining water washed it from her. “My turn.” She said in a wicked voice, a smirk on her face. Logan knew very well she was about to exact her revenge as she began to mimic his earlier movements, washing his chest and back – but as she moved lower she purposefully avoided ‘certain body parts’.

“You are an evil little minx.”

Marie looked up and winked from her lowered position. “I learned from the best.” They stood there, staring at each other for a few seconds, waiting for the air to crack.

When Logan spoke again, it did. “Come on. We’re going to be late if we don’t go right now…” Marie nodded and within minutes they were both dressed – Marie with her gloves and scarf, just in case –, heading down the stairs and to the medical bay where Hank would be waiting. For some reason Marie was thankful they’d decided to come this early – most of the students were still asleep. There was no way she’d be able to face them yet…especially not Robert. She was also thankful for the absences as she was able to keep her hand in the protective grip of her Wolverine.

The trip was not a long one and they entered the bay together, Hank waiting for them. “Right on time my friends.” He walked forward to hug Rogue before extending a hand to Wolverine which the man took without hesitation. “Now Marie, you’re here for your first ultrasound and evaluation.” Hanks voice had become professional, something that Logan appreciated. Rogue nodded and left Wolverine’s side.

“Come on, both of you.” Hank looked at Wolverine. “Surely you want to see how your child is looking?”

Minutes later they were both looking at a black and white picture of something resembling a tadpole. But there were still tears in Marie’s eyes and the way Logan was smiling could make any person doubt that he was known for his murderous temper. Marie looked at Logan and Hank took this as his queue to step out for a few seconds, leaving them alone with each other.

“Look love, this is us. You and me, we made this. We created something living together.”

Logan just nodded before leaning down and placing a kiss on her belly, catching a little of the gel on his lips, but really caring. When he’d woken up all those years ago he’d never thought he’d find someone who loved and understood him the way Marie did, be engaged or on the way to becoming a father. All those little things that other people took for granted was details he never expected to have in his own life.

“Come on. The sooner we finish with Hank, the sooner we can get out of here.”

She straightened herself out and allowed Logan to help her from the small bed. Hank was already waiting for them when they came out of the room, Marie glowing with joy.

“May I just offer congratulations again to you both. I can’t tell you what its gender will be for a few more weeks, but so far it looks perfectly normal. You too should be proud.”

“We are Blue, we are.” Logan hugged Marie as he said this.

“Now, I don’t think I need to tell you Marie, but no more drinking or smoking,” he looked at Logan pointedly, “ and no fighting. For now, just enjoy it because the morning sickness usually starts at the seven or eight week mark. You’ll also begin showing soon, although I am surprised that there is no indication yet.”

Marie laughed. “Believe me Hank, I’m really happy that I’m not showing yet. I’m just not ready for all those questions yet!” Hank and Logan joined in the laughter and they stood there for a few minutes, enjoying each others company before Hank looked at the large clock on his wall.

“Well then, I think it’s best you two be off now and get a little more rest before the whole house wakes. My next appointment should be here soon.”

With a hug and a handshake the couple left hand in hand, leaving a smiling Hank behind. If there was one thing Marie deserved it was a man who would take care of her like Logan would. He was still standing in thought when a young boy came through his doors, ready for his morning check up.




“Look at that. What do you think Chuck is going to say when he sees six holes in his precious mansion walls?” Marie’s voice was playful as she walked her fingers up and down a very gloriously naked and sweat covered Logan’s chest.

“It’s just some redecorating. I’m sure he’ll not say a word.”

“And the scratch marks next to them?”

“Accident.”

“You have an excuse for everything, don’t you?”

“I should.” He shifted to pull his arm tighter around Marie and placed a kiss on her forehead. “If I didn’t we’d be found out and I’d have to let you move back to your room. It wouldn’t go over well to tell them I stabbed you during wild and passionate sex.”

They both laughed at this and Logan ran his fingers over the small scars that were disappearing where he’d run his claws through Marie’s shoulders. She’d encouraged him, practically begging him and he didn’t regret it now. It had been amazing for both of them. He was still astonished by how arousing she found his claws and the pain – or pleasure – he could inflict with them. Still, he wasn’t complaining. He’d begun enjoying it as much as she did, if not more.

“I actually want to go for a walk today, just to explore the grounds again. I did miss the Ororo’s garden. Maybe I can show you the danger room and you can keep yourself busy while I’m out?”

“Danger Room? Tryin’ to get rid of me?”

“No, but I just want a little time alone Sugah. I promise I’ll come and find you straight afterwards. Besides, you’ll like the danger room. You can kick ass in any simulation you can think up.”

“Simulations? They don’t stand a chance.”

“Sure Sugah.”

Wolverine proceeded to attack his Rogue, showing her exactly how good he was.




Logan safely tucked away in the danger room, breaking about every record Scott took the time and effort to achieve, Marie made her way to the large gardens outside. She’d been back at the mansion almost two days and, while she was rather happy that she hadn’t met anyone yet except for the occasional ‘Hello’s and ‘How are you’s, she still missed talking to some people. Ororo for one. When she’d been angry at Jubilee and Kitty they’d grown rather close.

But the garden was empty. But the beauty was alluring – it’d always been – and she continued into the garden anyway. She could spend some time in the garden. Besides, the birds were cheerfully calling her into the one place she’d managed to find peace before.

Unfortunately her mind had been on everything except the here and now, and the wind was against her. Had it been different circumstances she might have realized she was being followed. She only realised she wasn’t alone until she found herself frozen to one spot, freezing in the sunlight. The voice that whispered into her ear was one she would never forget…

“Think you can replace me, Rogue-babe? Think again. I’m going to show you exactly to whom you belong.”

The last thing she could remember was her a sudden sharp pain in her hands before everything going black.




“Rogue! Damn it woman, wake up!”

Her eyelids felt heavy as she opened them, hands shaking her shoulders.

“ ‘Ro? Where’s Robert? What the hell just fucking happened!” She finally managed to open her eyes, finding a very worried Ororo Monroe standing over her as she raised herself up. Her head was splitting in two and her hands still felt like someone had just poured a vat of molten lava onto the extremities.

“I have no idea, but you need to see Hank. I came out to find you lying here, unconscious in a large pool of water and some blood. I think there might be a slight problem… what happened?”

“I was walking until Popsicle decided to attack me from behind. Bastard. Next time I run into that pathetic excuse for a human being I’m going to rip his head off and stuff it in his ass!”

“Rogue…”

“Stop beating around the bush and just tell me what the hell is bothering you ‘Ro.” There was something in the way Storm was behaving that didn’t suit her. Marie was sure something was being hidden from her but she just couldn’t put her finger on it.

“Baby, look at your hands.”

“Oh holy fuck…” The darkness came again and Storm was just in time to catch her head before it hit the ground. Rogue had fainted at the sight of her blood soaked hands.
Chapter End Notes:
Cliffy! SORRY! ;) Next one coming soon!