Author's Chapter Notes:
OMG, thanks for the dedication guys! If I'd known people actually still read this I would've gotten by ass into shape sooner! Thanks so much, this one is just for you!
Walls and Rumours

The moment Ororo entered her room she shut the door firmly behind her, resting her back against it. With every step she’d taken after watching the intimate display between Rogue and Wolverine she’d felt worse. Worse and much, much dirtier. She couldn’t believe that she’d actually spied on them, professors orders or not! She wasn’t that type of person; she cared about *Marie* and wanted her to be happy. And one thing was for certain – if the professor knew the nature of their relationship he wouldn’t hesitate too long before sending Logan away. It was no secret that he thought of her as a daughter and was more than just a little protective of her. Kinky blood play was not something he would approve of in his mansion.

Groaning, she made her way to the bathroom, intent on taking a long shower before returning to the office. If she was going to keep Charles out of her mind and away from these memories she needed to be calm. Right now she was anything BUT. The water was scalding hot but Ororo stayed under them as the spray battered her body. *This is going to be hell…*

When she was finally satisfied a good amount of time had passed. She’d just exited the shower when she felt Xavier’s voice in her head.
~Ororo, what is taking so long?~

~On my way sir. Just had something I had to take care of~

~Rogue?~

~No, it’s personal. I’ll be right there.~

~Very well. Please, don’t waste time.~


Dressing with as much speed as she was capable of – the professor wouldn’t like to be kept waiting now – she rushed through the mansions many halls until she stood outside the office. With a deep breath she buried her thoughts and emotions as best she could and opened the door to find three faces looking back at her.




“For heavens sake, what is taking so long!” Scott hadn’t been able to stay seated for long and had soon started pacing the room again. Xavier allowed it but the minute he became furious again he would force him to stay on the couch. Jean, on the other hand, remained seated quietly, hands in her lap and her eyes focused only on that spot.

Xavier sighed. “Scott, perhaps they are talking and Ororo needs time to listen to them. I’m sure she won’t be much longer.” But when she hadn’t returned thirty minutes later – and one Scott-tantrum which resulted in him being confined to the chair – Xavier decided to try and contact her. It wasn’t that hard, but he did sense that her mind was not in it’s usual calm state. This bothered him.

She did assure him that she would be there soon as she was just attending to a personal matter. For some unknown reason Xavier distinctly felt she was lying to him but he dismissed this almost at once. Ororo had never before lied to him, he was quite sure she wouldn’t start deceiving him now. “’Ro has just informed me that she is, in fact, on her way. When she gets here we will talk about Rogue and Wolverine, but I would appreciate it if you would keep yourself under control Scott. As much as we would like her to be, Rogue is neither your sister nor my daughter. And as much as I hate to say it, she’s both grown up and replaced both of us. Her Wolverine strikes me as both her confidant and protector.”

At that moment the door opened to reveal a wet-haired Ororo Munroe. Every face in the room turned to her and Scott’s nostrils flared angrily. “You took time to SHOWER! We’ve neem waiting here for almost an hour! Do you have any idea what manner of things went through my head!”

Unfazed by his ramble ‘Ro entered the room, acknowledging Charles before sitting down. “What I do is not your business Scott. Nor is it the matter at hand.”

The professor nodded. “What have you learned?”

Knowing that she would now have to pull of the acting job of her life – no matter how much it hurt hiding the whole truth from Charles – she began speaking with as much of her usual calmness as she could muster.

“Nothing really new actually. I’m sure we’ve all deduced that he is very protective over Rogue and quite attuned to her feelings, as she is to his. She also seems to have some of his personality so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an accidental touching when they’d first met. He also doesn’t seem very afraid of her skin, nor does she seem bothered by his claws. They seem to have grown quite close but there’s nothing much else I can tell you. They just seem very comfortable and in synch with each other.”

There. Nothing about her ability to control her killing touch, nothing about their fetish or manner of their relationship, not a word about the whole mate incident. All in all she felt like she managed to keep the information believable enough without revealing anything important.

Charles only nodded, but he could feel there was more. Cautiously he entered her mind only to find hers blocking him.

~What are you hiding Storm?~

~Please Charles, for once listen to me and don’t go probing where you shouldn’t.~

~I never thought you’d lie to me~

~I never have. But he told her he could trust me. I can’t betray that Charles; don’t ask me too.~

~Will she tell me?~

~I doubt that she will tell you everything, but you will notice soon enough even if she doesn’t come to you.~

~Should I be worried?~

Laughing. ~Only if you try to separate them. I have no doubt both of them would fight to the death to protect each other.~


This seemed to satisfy Xavier and he retreated. It was at this point that Scott remembered he had a voice.

“I don’t like that man. And I don’t like who Rogue is around him. I don’t care how much more mature she seems now, I think you should do something about this sir. I mean, did you have to give them rooms right across from each other!? It’s just not appropriate!”

*You have no idea, Scotty…* ‘Ro thought to herself before being able to prevent the thought. Thankfully it appeared that the Professor was to tired with Scott’s arguing to pay attention to what she was thinking.

“They are staying where they are. Make sure all the students know not to go looking for Rogue until she’s ready. Also, try to prevent any rumours and questions. I don’t want to cause Rogue any more stress or place anyone at risk by taking her away from Wolverine.”

Scott was about to argue but a single look from the professor subdued him. “Anything else?”

Jean took her chance. “Sir, She requested Hank to be her personal physician. Not only that, but it seems she’s already made a few appointments with him. Doesn’t this strike you as odd?”

“She’s been stuck in a cabin for a long time now Jean. She’s also been through quite a few things. Perhaps it’s a good sign – she’s finally decided to get a bit more help instead of facing everything alone. Now, if you don’t mind, I need to think.”

The three mutants left in silence, leaving the professor to his thoughts.

*What have you gotten yourself into Rogue?*



It wasn’t an hour before the entire mansion was buzzing with the news – The Rogue was back and apparently she’d brought some violent mutant with her! With the many stories running through the halls it wasn’t long before Jubilee and Kat heard about her return.

“I can’t believe she came back…how do you think she survived?”

“I don’t know Jubes, but I don’t think now is a good time to go looking for her and ask her. Storm forbade it.”

“Crap. I want to talk to my friend…”

“…Ex-friend…”

Jubes shot Kat a look before continuing. “…and find out exactly what happened. There’s something not right about giving them rooms so close to each other.”

“Just don’t get yourself into trouble.”

“I won’t. You’re coming with me.”

There wasn’t a chance for an argument as they saw Professor Storm head their way. They fell into silence as she walked past, continuing on her trip through the room.



*She came back!* Bobby had heard that the others had gone on a mission to retrieve two mutants but it was only until the rumours started spreading that he realized who’d they’d gone to get.

Perhaps she still had his engagement ring…maybe she would still marry him. Did she still love him? Love or not, he wanted her anyway. She was his fiancé. So when the rumours of a romantic connection between Rogue and her guest began circulating it’s needless to say he became angry.

“Hands of ass. That girl is mine.” He would find her tomorrow, and make sure she knew it too.



Unaware of the rumours spreading like wildfire, despite the older mutant’s attempts to squash them, Marie and Logan slept peacefully in each others arms.
Chapter End Notes:
I know its not long, but I need to get back into this...):
More coming soon! Promise!