He drove into the city, astride the motorcycle that he had 'borrowed', looking for a cheap motel to crash for a few hours and a bar to drown the memory of a girl with white streaks in her hair. After depositing his things in a room at the local roach motel, he made his way to the bar that he had noticed a block over. Opening the door, he was assaulted by the smell of the place. The smell of beer, smoke, puke and sweat....and fear? He made his way to the bar and, slapping down some money, ordered a beer. Turning to survey the room as he downed the beer, he noticed a group in a back corner. They were laughing and joking around, poking at something in the middle of the group. Logan turned around intent on not getting involved. 'I don't care. I don't care' he kept repeating to himself. But the image of a certain brunette ruined his lie. "Damn. The girl ain't even here and she is going to get me into trouble." he spat as he turned to make his way across the room.

"Hey, Bob. How much do you want for her? She looks awful sweet." one man called out.

"Yeah Bob, how much for the girl?" another man said.

"Ow! Hey, your bitch just bit me!" the first one called out.

Logan heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh and then the sound of something hitting the wall.

"Hey now boys! No roughing up the package.....at least wait till you paid for it." the man Logan assumed to be Bob yelled. Logan felt his claws itching to come out. Anger at the thought of a girl being beaten and sold filled him. He shoved his way deeper into the room, intent on making it to that back corner.

"Bidding is going to start at twenty bucks."

"20"

"25"

"30"

Logan pushed his way into the circle of men. He noticed the girl huddling in the corner of the room, trying to get as far away from the men as she could. He couldn't see what she looked like. She was completely covered by a dirty cloak. He turned to the man that he determined was Bob. "I'll give you 35 for the girl and you are going to take it"

Bob looked at him like he was crazy. "If you win the bid man you can have her but I am not going to just give her to you for 35 bucks"

Logan smiled a wild, feral smile and felt his claws slip out. Lifting them to the man's throat he spoke quietly. "Ok don't give her to me for 35. How about I just take her?"

The men around them all took a step back at the sight of Logan's claw filled fist. One of them, the guy that had hit the girl, stepped forward with a beer bottle.

"Trust me. You hit me with that bottle and you will have a gut full of metal." Logan threatened without even turning around.

The man backed up, dropping the bottle, at the quiet rage he heard in Logan's voice.

Logan reached out a hand to the girl. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

A small hand slipped into his and he lead her out of the bar, keeping an eye on the men with his claws ready to do damage if any of them followed. Making his way quickly up the street, dragging the girl behind him, he made his way to the motel. The minute the girl figured out where they were going, she started to try to pull her hand from his.

"Hey! Stop that! I ain't going to hurt you. I am just going to get my stuff so we can get out of here." he told her, trying to reassure her. She stopped struggling and let him lead her on. Logan opened the door to his room and stood aside to let her enter. Once inside, he started to gather the few things that he had and put them back into his bag. He raised his eyes and noticed that she was still standing by the door, cloak pulled tight around her, her face hidden by the hood. "You know you can take off your coat. I am not going to bite. Besides I would like to see the person that I just risked my ass to save." he told her, trying to convince her that she could trust him.

Her hands were trembling as the moved toward her hood. Her hands froze and dropped back down, the hood untouched. Logan noticed that she shook all over. Walking over to her, he took her hands in his. He looked down and noticed that they were covered by a pair of gloves. Raising his eyes to where he assumed her face was he spoke softly. "You don't have to be afraid." Thinking that she must be scarred or an obvious mutant, having to hide her appearance, he felt a deep sympathy for her. "It is ok if you don't want me to see. I don't mind. Just so you know, I don't get scared off easy. I mean I look at this ugly mug in the mirror every day." he joked

He was rewarded with a quiet giggle. "Ah don't think that you are ugly." a small voice said. Hands moving once more to the hood, the girl pushed it back.

Logan felt like he had just been sucker punched. His first thought was that Marie stood before him. Every detail was the same, all that is except for the white streaks, those were missing. His next thought was that it was Mystique standing before him, but a quick sniff told him that he was wrong. Standing before him was a girl that could have been Marie, but wasn't. "Who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Sarah." Logan could smell the fear she was starting to feel. He knew that it was because of his reaction to her face. He wanted to reassure her but he wasn't sure that he could. He was too overwelmed by this latest turn of events to think about trying to put her at ease.

"Why are you lookin' at me like that?" The girl asked as she pulled her hood back up, hiding once more. 'I shouldn't have taken off my hood' she thought. 'He was so nice....I should have just left as soon as he turned his back when he was packing. I have to keep moving.' She tipped her head as if listening to something. 'She's close. I can feel it.'

Logan push a hand through his hair, making it stick up even more then it already did. The shock of seeing Marie's face on someone else was wearing off a bit. He was glad to see her lift her hood. Maybe not staring at her would help him deal with it. "This is going to sound like some stupid line but you look like someone I know." Logan croaked out. 'Way to go Logan. You sound like you are trying to pick her up.' Logan shoved his hands through his hair again. 'Great as if one Marie isn't enough to drive me crazy now I got two.' The sudden image of Marie filled his mind 'Logan, yer talkin' to yourself again' he heard her voice say.

"Really?" Sarah's voice was suddenly small sounding. "Who?"

Logan noticed that her face had gotten pale and she was wringing her hands together. Ignoring the question he asked one of his own. "Why do you wear the gloves? It isn't like it is cold out." He reached out and grabbed her hands, capturing them in his. He started to pull on the fingers. "Why don't you take them off. It is warm in here."

"No!! Don't take them off!! Don't touch me!!" Sarah pulled her hands away from his, tugging on the gloves to make sure that they were on completely. Sarah got this wide-eyed looked that reminded him an awful lot of Marie. Logan felt terrible for causing her panic but he had to know what was going on.

"I'm sorry. I won't try to touch you." he said as he backed up with his hands up to show that he wasn't going to try to touch her. "Will you tell me why you wear them?" he asked softly.

"I wear them 'cause I'm a mutant. When I touch people something happens...." her voice trailed off, her gaze dropping to her gloved hands.

Talk about deja vu. Logan remembered the last time he had heard those words. 'When someone touches my skin something happens....they get hurt' Marie's voice floated through his mind. Logan cleared his throat, "You don't have to say it. I think I know."

"You do? But how? Does it have to do with the person that I look like?" Sarah asked him, her mind filled with the implications of that sentence. "Is she a mutant too?"

Logan turned away, unable to look at her. He started closing up his bag. "We should get going. Those guys are going to be mad and on the look out for us." He avoided the question. His mind was yelling at him to turn and talk to her, to find out why she had Marie's face. The voice that he heard sounded an awful lot like Marie's.

Sarah raised her eyes to his, her hood falling back to let him see the question obvious in her eyes. "Who do I look like?" she asked again. Even though she tried not to show it, the question was important to her. 'Don't go getting your hopes up Sarah. This may mean nothing and you will get hurt again.' she thought.

"Her name is Marie. I met her while travelling. She doesn't live too far from here now...." Logan stopped when he noticed that she was no longer pay attention to what he was saying. She was standing at the window, looking out. She was talking to herself. He strained to hear what she said.

"That's why it's stronger now..." he heard her whisper. She turned and started to open the door.

Logan crossed the room and grabbed her arm before she could slip out. "Where are you going?" he asked her.

"Let go! I have to go. I have to find her. The pull is stronger now." Sarah's eyes had an almost glazed look to them.

"Who?" A suspicion started to form in his mind. "Marie?" Logan asked, shaking her to try to snap her out of whatever fog she was in.

"Yes. Marie.....my sister..... my twin."

"Twins? But how?....I mean.....What?....I don't understand. Why didn't Marie say anything?" Logan asked, total bewildered. Marie had never made any mention of a sister, let alone a twin. "I think I need to sit down."

Moving to the bed he sat on the edge, running his hands through his hair once more. Spying the minibar, he stood back up and quickly opened it. "On second thought....I need a drink." he said as he grabbed the mini bottles from the bar. Opening one after the other, he quickly downed them.

Turning back to Sarah, he noticed that she still hadn't moved from the door. "You might as well sit down because you aren't going any where until I get some answers." he growled. He saw that this frightened her but he didn't have the patience right then to be nice.

"What do you want to know?" she asked nervously.

"How about you start with how you can be Marie's twin sister? I know all about her family and she never mentioned a twin sister."

"That's 'cause she doesn't remember...." Sarah started.

"Bullshit!" Logan spat out. "How could she not remember?" Of course, I was a fine one to talk what with not remembering anything except for the past 15 years.

"It's true. " Sarah insisted. "You see, our parents separated us when we were only 4 years old." Sarah's gaze dropped back down to her hands. "My mutation showed up very young. I don't even remember when I didn't wear gloves. I don't blame them. I understand why. I mean, here they had two daughters, one a mutant and one normal.....or so they thought. So they sent me away. I always felt Marie close by. The home that I was sent to wasn't far from where they lived and they would sometimes come to see me." Sarah voice trailed off.

"What happened?" Logan asked. He could tell that something had happened. Her body language said it all. And he could smell the self-hate that she felt.

"One day our father came. He was so mad. He...He hit me. Said that I must have infected Marie before I left. Said that it was my fault that she was a freak. Then he turned around and said...." Sarah's voice echoed the tears that Logan could see shining in her eyes. "He said that he didn't have any children....that we were...dead to him." Lowering her face into her hands, she gave into the tears that were begging to be shed.

'Ah, damn! I would love to get my hands on that asshole and show him what a freak could do' Logan thought. 'Seeing her cry is like seeing Marie cry. Can't stand either.' He moved over to where Sarah stood and pulled her into his embrace. He felt her body stiffen and he started to rub her back. "It's ok. Let it out." He felt her relax into his arms and felt the sobs shake her small frame. "It's going to be ok. I promise."

Sarah's tears finally stopped and Logan loosened his grip. Smiling down at her, he let her know, without words, that he meant what he said. Everything was going to be ok.

Using the edge of his jacket, he carefully wiped away her tears. "We better get going if we want to surprise Marie before supper." He said with a smile.

Sarah's face broke into a smile that practically lit up the room. Logan felt all funny inside. She was looking at him like he was Santa and this was Christmas morning and he had given her the one thing that she had been asking for all her life. 'Hell, I probably am.'

Logan grabbed his bag and opened the door, waiting for her to follow. "Come on. Marie's waiting."


Logan roared up the driveway to Xavier's School with Sarah on the back of the bike. She had a death grip around his stomach. A lesser man would have been having trouble breathing with the grip that she had on him. He slowed to a stop at the garage and dismounted the bike. He turned to where she sat, frozen to the seat.

"Come on. Trust me, they don't bite." he tried to reassure her, smiling to show his sincerity.

Again a small, glove covered hand slipped into his and he helped her off the bike. When he tried to take his hand back, he found that it was being clamped even tighter then his ribs had been. "Relax. It will be ok. Come on, let's walk up to the door." he said as he gently led the way to the main house.

The door swung open just as he was about to knock. There stood Jean, dressed in her usual red. "Logan! Back so soon? The Professor told me that someone was at the door but didn't say it was you....or that you had someone with you." she added as her gaze slipped to the shouded Sarah. Jean tried to see her face but could only see the shadows cast by the hood. "Come in."

Logan started to move forward but noticed that Sarah hadn't moved. Placing a hand on her back he pushed her forward. "They're not going to bite." he repeated.

Jean quickly cast a look at Logan but swallowed her curiousity. The Professor had told her not to push when he had sent her out to answer the door. Leading the way to the Professor's office, she stood aside to let them enter. "I'll tell Rogue that you are here."

"Don't bother. We'll go find her when we are done talkin' to the Professor." Logan replied.

Jean frowned but nodded. She found it odd that he didn't want her to tell Rogue that he was here but was sure that he had a good reason. "I guess I will see you later." Turning to the cloak covered person by his side, she held out her hand. "Nice meeting you...."

A gloved hand placed itself in her's and a small voice answered. "It was nice meeting you too. And my name is Sarah."

Jean felt her curiousity bite her once more at the gloves. 'Gloves, cloak, she reminds me of Rogue.' she thought as she watched the door close behind them.

"Ah, Logan so nice to see you again. And I see that you have brought a visitor." The Professor greeted them. "And who might you be?" He hadn't pried into her mind, respecting her privacy. He only caught that thoughts that were hanging in the air, practically throwing themselves toward him. Noticing the way that she seemed to move closer to Logan at his question, he tried to put her at ease. "It is all right. No one here will harm you. You are among friends here."

"You don't care that I am a mutant?" a small voice asked

'We are all mutants here' he replied telepathically. "Won't you take off your cloak and have a seat so that we can get better aquainted. "

Sarah made her way over to one of the chairs and sat down before lowering her hood. Xavier was suddenly glad that he was already sitting down. His eyes roamed over her face, taking in every small detail. "A mirror image of Rogue....minus the white streaks. Amazing."

Sarah cast a quick look at Logan when the Professor said the name Rogue. The lady, Jean, had said the same name. "Who is Rogue?" she asked Logan

"That is the name that Marie goes by. Guess you could call it her codename." he said

"Marie changed her name? A codename? Do all mutants have a codename? Should I have a codename?" Sarah asked, the questions spilling over top of one another.

The Professor smiled at her questions and did his best to answer them. "Marie chose the name Rogue. Most people call her that but some people still call her Marie." he said as he cast a look toward Logan. Turning his attention back to Sarah he continued his explaination. "Not all mutants have a codename. Some take one that discribes their mutation. Like one boy here, Bobby, he can create ice. Some of the kids call him Iceman. You don't have to have a codename but you can pick one if you wish."

"My name is Sarah. I don't know what I would call myself. Maybe I will pick one later." she said shyly.

"Certainly. Now why don't you tell me what brings you here."

"I can answer that Professor." Logan spoke up. He then told the Professor all that Sarah had told him.

"Well that certainly is quite a tale. I suppose that you are anxious to see Marie. After all it has been long enough I think." Wheeling over to Sarah, he took her hand in his. " I am sure that everything will be fine. Now. Logan will show you around. Perhaps you will see Marie on your tour."

Logan thanked the Professor for his time and turned to lead Sarah out. Suddenly she turned and ran over to the Professor. Throwing her arms around him, she hugged him tight. "Thank you so much for letting me stay. I hope that I don't ever disappoint you."

Hugging her back the Professor answered "I am sure that you won't. Now go. Find Marie and say hello. You have alot of time to catch up on."

Sarah smiled and returned to Logan's side. Pulling her hood back up, she squared her shoulders. "Ok. Ah'm ready."

Logan smiled at her voice. He hadn't known her long but knew already that when she was nervous her accent reared up again. 'Just like Marie' he thought before opening the door and leading the way out.

Suddenly, Sarah froze. Logan was about to ask what was wrong when he noticed what had caused her reaction. Marie was coming down the hall, her white streaked hair flying behind her.

"Logan!!" she yelled, throwing her arms around him. "I didn't think you would have been back already." she said before noticing the figure standing behind him. "You brought someone back?" she asked, a slight tinge of jealousy slipping into her voice.

Marie looked at Logan questioningly before sticking out her gloved hand to the girl. Her eyes widened when she noticed the gloves that covered the other girl's hand. She felt her mind seem to spin for a moment before settling on the fact that the girl was still wearing a cloak, entirely covered, her face hidden by a hood.

Logan eyed the two girls, noticing Marie's reaction. "Sarah, I think you should take off your hood." he said gently.

Two shaking hands raised to her hood, pushing it back. Marie's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. She looked at Sarah, scrutinizing every small detail. It was like looking into a mirror and seeing her reflection from before Magneto got a hold of her. "What?....I mean how?.... Who are you?"

Logan's voice filtered into her thought-crowded mind. "Marie, this is Sarah. You're sister. Or more specifically, your twin."

Rogue was very proud of herself. She managed to say "Twin?" before she passed out.



"When is she going to come to Jean?! Dammit, she has been out for a good 10 minutes!"

"Logan, she has had a shock. She is ok. She will come to when she is ready. Now... Get out of my way and let me work!"

"Could you guys keep it down? You're giving me a headache." a voice spoke up from the examination table.

"Marie, you're awake! How are you feeling?" Logan asked, rushing up to the table.

"Ah feel fine, Logan." Rogue pushed herself up, "Where is she?"

"Sarah is waiting in the hall. We figured that it would be better if you didn't see her as soon as you woke up." Jean answered.

"Can I see her? Please?"

"Of course. If you are sure you are ready that is?" Jean said.

"I am as ready as I will ever be. Have you seen her yet, Jean?"

"No. When I heard Logan yell for me I came running but she had her hood back up. What happened?"

"You will understand when you see her." Rogue said quietly. Turning her gaze to Logan she asked, "Logan can you go get her?"

Logan only nodded before walking over to the door. He left for only a few moments, before returning with Sarah following. She made her way to the bed that Rogue was lying in. "Are you ok? Ah am sorry that I scared you. That isn't why Ah came here." Sarah explained

Rogue reached out a hand and took Sarah's in hers. "Ah know that." Gesturing to the cloak, she spoke gently. "You don't have to hide here. They understand. Don't be scared. Won't you take off your cloak?"

A small nod followed Rogue's request and two gloved hands pushed the hood back. Jean's gasp filled the room. Both Rogue and Sarah turned to face her and her eyes travel from one to the other.

"If it wasn't for the white streaks I wouldn't be able to tell the two of them apart. How?..."

Rogue's gaze turned back to Sarah. "Jean, this is Sarah.....my twin sister."

Logan placed a hand on Jean's arm. "Come on Jeannie. Let's leave them alone. There will be time enough later for questions."

Jean, still shocked by the revelation, could only follow Logan out of the room. Her mind was swimming at the implications of what she had just seen. Two Rogues. Identical.

As the doors closed behind them, Rogue and Sarah just stared at each other. Each was looking at the other as if trying to reassure themselves that this was real, that it was really happening.

Finally, Rogue broke the silence. "Where have you been? Why weren't you with me? Why didn't I know about you?"

Sarah removed her cloak, trying to buy time as she figured out how best to answer Rogue's questions. "I wasn't allowed to be with you. Our parents sent me away when we were only young. My mutation showed up very early. I don't remember a time when I wasn't a mutant. They didn't want me." Sarah said as she pulled on her gloves, finally removing them.

Rogue nodded sadly. "I know. When my mutation appeared they were terrified. I couldn't stand the looks. The fear to touch me. The shame that they felt when they looked at me. That was why I left."

Sarah reached out a hand to wipe away the tears she saw form in Rogue's eyes. Instinctively, Rogue turned her head away. Sarah didn't let that stop her. Her hand followed and brushed away the tear.

Rogue's eyes widened at that sensation of skin touching her skin. She felt no pull, no reaction of her mutation. "How did you know that you could do that?" Rogue asked stunned.

"I remember, before I was sent away, you were the only one I could touch without my mutation reacting." Sarah said smiling softly. "I guess you could say that we are immune to each other."

Rogue led Sarah up the stairs to her room. "First, we have got to change your clothes. Ah mean, you don't have to wear that cloak all the time."

Sarah looked on with scepticism in her eyes, as Rogue started going through her closet. "Really Marie, I don't mind...."

"Well Ah do!" Rogue interrupted, "No sister of mine is going to be hiding in a dingy cloak. Ah ha! Perfect!"

Sarah's eyes widened at the outfit that Rogue had picked out for her. "Are you sure?"

"Of course, silly. Come on, Ah want to show you around and introduce you to some of my friends. Boy are they going to flip!" Seeing Sarah's unsure look. Rogue quickly reassured her. "Ah am sure that they are going to like you. Come on get changed so we can start showing you off!"

Sarah laughed at Rogue's energy and attitude. "Ok. But if I hear one laugh I am going to hide in this room forever. That is after I kill you!"

"You can't kill me....you just found me remember!" Rogue said, narrowly dodging the glove that was thrown her way.

Rogue led the way down the stairs and to the 'Games Room' where some of the other kids were hanging out. Stopping before entering, she quickly turned to Sarah. "Ah got an idea" Grabbing Sarah's arm, she pulled her quickly to the side before anyone could see her. Whispering her plan in Sarah's ear, Rogue explained what she had in mind.

"Marie, I don't know about this..."

"Sarah, would you relax? Now come on."

"Marie! But it will never work! I don't have your streaks." Sarah protested.

"Yes it will. Kitty is always telling me Ah should dye them, so.....When they say anything about them just say you dyed them."

"But won't they be mad?"

"Nah. We'll just do it for a minute. Ah will wait 5 minutes and then walk in."

Sarah smiled, catching Rogue's mood. "Ok. Let's do it!"

Walking into the room, Sarah was greeted by many.

"Hey Rogue, what did you do to your hair?" one girl asked. Sarah wondered how to answer without revealing that she didn't know who she was talking to.

"Ah dyed it. Just for a little while. It isn't permanent."

"Looks great. Though you looked great with them too." one boy spoke up.

"Bobby, you know that Rogue could have green hair and you would still think she looked great!" the first girl teased.

"Kitty, shutup!" the boy called Bobby said, blushing his embarrassment.

Sarah was starting to wonder when Marie was going to reveal the truth when she caught sight of her out of the corner of her eye.

Signalling for Sarah to join her, Rogue waited in the hall. "This is soooo fun. Ok. I can't wait anymore. Let's go in, this time together."

Sarah nodded and lead the way back into the room. Rogue was standing directly behind her so the kids in the room didn't notice that she wasn't alone. "Excuse me but I....well...that is WE....Marie you better tell them."

"Rogue what are you talking about?" Bobby said.

"What she is saying is that she isn't Rogue....I am." Rogue said as she came out from behind Sarah.

The kids all gasped but only Bobby reacted.

"Mystique! I should have known it was you!" Rage filled Bobby as he remembered how Mystique had trick Rogue using his face. "I owe you something!" He said, moving to freeze Sarah.

"BOBBY! DON'T! She isn't Mystique! She's my sister!" Rogue screamed. But Bobby couldn't stop what he started. A wave of frost was heading straight for Sarah.

Everything seemed to slow down. Rogue watched as the sheet of ice that Bobby had created barrelled down on Sarah. Bobby felt as though his heart had stopped. His worst fear was coming true. He had used his power against an innocent. His hands were outstretched, as though he could take back the moment.

Sarah couldn't do anything to stop it. All she could do was watch, and wait for the ice to hit. Closing her eyes, she waited for the cold to wrap around her. It never came. Bobby's voice filled her ears.

"ROGUE!!! NO!!!" he screamed.

Sarah's eyes flew open to find her sister standing in front of her, her back turned toward Bobby, the ice hitting and surrounding her. A small scream slipped from Rogue as she was covered in the ice. It was over in an instant, but the effects were overwelming. Rogue stood frozen, sacrificing herself to save Sarah. Bobby dropped to his knees, staring at his hands. He had done this. Kitty was the only one that moved. She went running into the hall, screaming for Jean.

Logan hearing the noise came running, Jean just moments behind him. He stopped dead in his tracks, before advancing slowly. Reaching out a hand, he moved Sarah out of the way, before coming to stand in front of Rogue. "Oh God! Marie!!" tears weld up in his eyes before turning to the group. His eyes fell on Bobby. Grabbing him and hauling him to his feet he started to shake him. "What the hell have you done? What have you done?" Pulling back a hand to hit him, he felt his claws itching below the surface, the instinct to gut Bobby filled him.

Jean's hand on his arm stilled him. "Don't Logan. Can't you see he is suffering? The guilt of this is much stronger then anything that you could do to him."

Logan looked closer, noticing the blank stare. Jean was right. He couldn't hurt Bobby, he wouldn't feel it right now. Logan released the front of the kid's shirt. 'I'll hurt him later' Logan thought as he turned back to Rogue. His eyes were drawn to Sarah. She was pulling at her gloves. Thinking that she was going to do something to Bobby, Logan was tempted for a moment to not stop her. But knowing what Rogue would do to him if he didn't, he moved to stop her.

"Sarah, you don't want to do this."

"Please, Logan, get out of my way."

"I can't let you hurt him, Sarah."

"Hurt him? Who? Bobby? I don't want to hurt him. It was an accident, I know that. I have to get to Marie."

"You can't do anything. Let Jean help her." Logan said, trying to calm her.

"NO!!" Sarah placed both hands on Logan's chest and pushed hard. Logan went flying back, barely staying on his feet. Surprise was evident on his face. It wasn't everybody who could move him. "I have to get to Marie and you are not going to stop me!!" Stalking toward Rogue, Sarah pulled Jean out of the way. Sarah grabbed at her glove, removing it, before outstretching her hand toward Marie's chest.

Jean opened her mouth to protest, but Logan's hand on her arm stopped her.

Closing her eyes, Sarah felt the ice touch her fingertips. Suddenly, a warmth flowed through her, and her hand started to glow. The ice started to crack, finally it shattered. But Sarah didn't stop there. Moving her hand upward, she rested it on Rogue's cheek. Gasping, her head thrown back, her hand glowed even brighter. "Breathe!" she whispered.

Logan watched everything with Jean standing beside him, both of them unsure of what was happening. There! Logan saw Rogue's eyes move slightly. Suddenly, Sarah was screaming and the glow, that had been centralized to her hand, was now filling her body, blindingly bright. Logan covered his eyes, looking away. And as quickly as it started, the glow stopped.

Rogue's eyes were open and she was breathing. Reaching out a hand, Rogue followed the now white streak in Sarah's hair. "Now they won't be able to tell us apart." she whispered.

Sarah smiled before collapsing.



Sarah woke up in the infirmary. Rogue was there by her side as she came to. "You know we have to stop meeting like this." Rogue joked.

Sarah smiled. "Why? I like it here."

Jean came over and checked Sarah over. "How do you feel, Sarah?"

"Fine. Just a bit tired. That's what happens."

Logan spoke up from the wall he was leaning against. "What exactly happened up there, Sarah? Just what is your mutation?"

"Ah don't know how to explain it." She started. "It's like I push all this energy out."

"Is that why you were gloves?" Jean asked.

"Daddy was the one that told me I had to wear gloves, that I couldn't touch people. I remember the first time I used it. Marie was cryin' 'cause Momma and Daddy were fightin'. Daddy came over and yelled at her to shut up. He raised up his hand like he was going to hit her. I just put my hand up and yelled at him to stop. The second that my hand touched him, he just stopped. It was like fire. My hand started glowing and he fell. He couldn't move for about 5 minutes. Momma sent me and Marie to our rooms. A week later it happened again. This time it was Momma I hurt. I was having a nightmare and when she came in to wake me up, I touched her. I was being chased in my dream and they had caught me. I was pushing them away when she grabbed me to wake me up. I thought it was still a dream and I pushed hard. She flew back and fell. Daddy came in the next morning and gave me gloves. Told me that my touch hurt people. That I had hurt him and Momma. Said I shouldn't touch anyone 'cause something happens when I do. The next day I was sent away. When I asked Daddy why, he said it was because he didn't want me hurtin' Marie."

"But Sarah. You touched me earlier, when I was in here, and it didn't hurt." Rogue protested.

"I know. But I could always touch you."

Jean interrupted. "Wait a second. You touched Rogue? And nothing happened? Rogue, your mutation didn't activate?"

"No. Sarah figures that we are immune to each other." Rogue answered.

Logan pushed away from the wall to come forward and join them. "But if that is true then how do you explain what happened up there? If Marie is immune to your touch then you shouldn't have been able to do what you just did."

"That is a good point, Logan." Jean commented. "Now, let's look at what we know. The first time that Sarah's mutation showed up was when she was afraid and trying to protect Rogue. The next time was when she was having a nightmare and was afraid. This time she was again afraid, of loosing Rogue, and wanting to save her. It seems that her mutation is mostly triggered my anxiety."

"But how can we know for sure?" Rogue asked.

'Damn. I can't believe that I am going to do this.' Logan ran his hand through his hair. "We test it. On me."

Both Jean and Rogue protested. "It's too dangerous."

Logan reached out and took Rogue's gloved hand in his. "Marie. I survived touching you twice. I am not that easy to kill. I am the only one that can do this safely."

Turning to Sarah, he reached out and took her now gloved hand in his. "Sarah, do you want to try?"

Sarah looked from Logan to Rogue and back again. "Ah don't want to hurt you, Logan." She said softly.

"You won't. Trust me."

Sarah thought for a moment and finally nodded. Slowly, she removed her glove and reached out toward Logan. With her hand inches from his face, she stopped. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." Logan said before closing his eyes, waiting for the feel of her fingers on his cheek.

Nothing.

Logan waited for five seconds.

Nothing.

No tingle. No burning.

Nothing.

Slowly he opened his eyes. Sarah was staring at where her hand rested on his cheek. She looked like she thought that if she blinked it would disappear. Moving his hand, he lifted it and placed it over hers. Pressed her hand into his cheek. Still nothing happened. Suddenly, her eyes started to fill up.

Raising her eyes to meet Logan's, she smiled a smile that melted his normally untouchable heart. The joy on her face was infectious and he found himself smiling back at her. Giving a little squeal, she threw her arms around him. "Thank you, Logan!"

"What for? I didn't do anything." he said as he hugged her back.

"Didn't do anythin'?" She pulled back. "Are you serious? Do you know what this means to me? I...I don't have to wear gloves. My daddy was wrong. I can touch people." Suddenly, her smile lost its shine. Turning to Rogue, Sarah's eyes once again filled. "I... I shouldn't be so happy."

"Don't you start talkin' foolish, Sarah!" Rogue reprimanded her. "Out of anyone here, I know what it is like not to be able to touch someone. I have only been without touch for less then a year. You haven't touched anyone in over 13 years! Of course you should be happy. I know that I am. I just wish that you could have known before now. Daddy didn't know what he was saying. He is a man who is afraid of anyone that is different. And because of his fear you have been alone, without touch, for far too long. So be happy. You deserve this."

Sarah once again smiled. Wrapping her arms around Rogue, she laughed with joy. "I can't believe this is happening!"

Jean smiled. "Believe it. I still don't know why Rogue's mutation doesn't affect you. Most likely it is linked to the fact that you are twins."

"Ah don't care about the why. Ah am just glad that she can." Rogue said happily. "Come on, Sarah. Bobby is still fretting. He feels terrible about what happened and I think it would help if you told him that you are ok"

"Rogue, Sarah can't just leave. She has to rest." Jean protested.

"I am ok, Dr. Grey. Please, I just want to go."

"Fine. But at the least little sign of weakness, you return immediately. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." Both girls answered in unison, breaking into giggles when they realised what they just did.

Jean sat down heavily in her chair as she watched them leave. "Suddenly, I get the feeling that we have just seen the first of the trouble those two are going to get into."

Logan joined her, sitting in the chair beside her. "You know, Jean? I think you're right. I think those two are going to cause us more then a few grey hairs." he said as he pushed his hand through his hair once more. 'Damn, but I feel old!' he thought.