Author's Chapter Notes:
I got the title from a song that I heard one day watching cartoons with my sister. (Yes I am 23 and watch cartoons, you got a problem with that?!) It is from an episode of Sailor Moon. Anyway I was listening to the lyrics and found that I got to thinking of Rogue and Logan. So I decided to write this fan fiction. Please be gentle, it's my first attempt at fanfiction. At least that I have completed.
Slipping on her headphones, Rogue laid back on her bed. She slipped in the CD that she had bought in town earlier this week. Her mind drifted to that day. Jean had taken her out, trying to get her mind off of Logan. As if that could ever happen. He was a part of her, in her head. She could feel him rattling around up there, showing up every now and then. Like when she called Scott One-Eye the other day. She placed her hand over her mouth to muffle the laughter that welled up at the memory of the look on his face and the sound of Jean's laughter when she overheard the exchange.

Deep in my soul
Love so strong
It takes control


Rogue turned over in her bed, staring out her bedroom window. 'I wonder where he is tonight.' she thinks to herself as she pulls the blanket closer. 'Is he safe? Is he warm? Is he thinking of me?'

Now we both know
The secrets bared
The feelings show


Logan raised his eyes to the stars and caught himself thinking of her. An image of her face looking up at him under that streak of white, asking him if he was running again, caught him by surprise. The kid had gotten under his skin. He turned back to the fire and stared into its depths. He could almost feel her there beside him.

Driven far apart
I'll make a wish
On a shooting star


He had put a lot of distance between them but it looked like it wasn't ever going to fade. He no longer was sure that he wanted it to. Even though the whole situation was impossible he couldn't help thinking of what it would be like to hold her. Really hold her. That was one thing that he would never be able to do. Not unless he wanted to kiss his ass good-bye. A slight smirk crossed his face. Almost worth it.

There will come a day
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love

Even though you're gone
Love will still live on
The feeling is so strong
My only love


Rogue wiped a tear away as it trailed down her cheek. She hoped that he would come back. He was the only one who had ever held her, uncaring about the danger. And he had risked his life for her. She missed the feel of his arms around her. He made her feel so safe and warm. If she concentrated she could almost feel his arms around her as she lay there.

There will come a day
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love

You've reached the deepest part
Of the secret in my heart
I've known it from the start
My only love


The kid knew his secrets and faults. Hell, she had him in her mind now. She was a part of him, just like he was a part of her. And she still cared, still wanted him around after all that she had seen on her trip into his head. He couldn't say that anyone else would have. She certainly was different. Maybe that was what made it seem so right. Because suddenly he didn't care about any of the problems that might arise. All he knew was that he wanted to be with her.

There will come a day
Somewhere far away
In your arms I'll stay
My only love


Rogue stood and walked out of her room. She didn't know where she was going, she only knew that something, or maybe someone was calling her. She opened the door and walked out onto the driveway. Following it down to the gate she stood there, staring to the north. She could feel him.

Logan didn't know what he was doing. All he knew was that he was on the motorcycle and heading south. He followed his instincts and let them lead him. Home and to her. He could feel her waiting.

The sun was just starting to rise when the gate to the school came into view. And with it, a feeling of wholeness. Like something had been missing but was now found. As he turned into the gate he saw her. Standing in the early morning daylight, she looked like an angel, rising from the spot where she had sat to wait for him.

She ran toward him and stopped just short of hugging him. Jumping from the bike, he grabbed her and swept her into a bear hug. "Don't go worrying about this stuff, ok?"

She nodded and hugged him back. "I missed you. Don't ever run again, ok?"

"Ok" he replied while his mind added silently,

'My only love'