That saline proved to be even more useful than I thought. But still should have probably gone with blood instead. Fun would have lasted longer. Well, Jack won’t be getting his hands or dick anywhere near anybody, never again. I buried them behind that shed, and cauterized the stubs.

“Storm?”
“Thank God! I have been trying to call to you several times! Where the hell are you, Logan?”
“On my way there. Shouldn’t take longer than ten minutes. Has something happened?”
“It’s Marie. Jean thinks…”
“Storm? Can this wait until I get there?”
“But Logan…”
“Storm? I’m shutting off now.”

Marie. Oh, shit. She’d better be alright. Fucking shit! This fucking isn’t happening! Why the fuck everything has to be so fucking difficult? What the fuck is it this time? Huh? She can’t go any nuttier than she already is, has to be something physical. Oh, shit. Stop thinking you fucking moron… Yeah. I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with her. She’s just fine. Maybe she’s been asking me. Yeah. That have to be it, because there are very few options otherwise why Storm would try to reach me and none of them are pleasant... Stop thinking you retarded wanker! You crash this truck now and you’ll be walking to Xavier and it’ll take even longer to see her that way! Calm down!

“What’s going on?”
“She’s been asking for you. Her mutation… It’s coming back.”
“What?”
“It’s like… Like the cure is wearing off. Her skin is in turning on and off. And she seems to be more lucid than she has been…”
“More lucid? She knows what’s happening?”
“Yes.”
“Oh, shit… She’s in her room?”
“Where else would she be, Logan?”
“Don’t get smart with me, Storm. I’m not in the mood for…”
“Just go and see her already! She’s been asking you for the past three hours, and it’s getting impossible to come up with new excuses for your absence anymore!”

It’s fucking ten o’clock. It has been years since she’s been up and awake at this hour. And lucid? Does that mean… No.

“Logan.”
“Jean. How is she?”
“She’s asking for you. I told you that you left to get some beer and privacy.”
“Thanks a bunch, doc…”
“What did I do now?”
“Beer and privacy? Jesus! Why didn’t you just tell her straight up that I’m cheating her?”
“She knows you, Logan! She doesn’t think that you’re cheating her! But she misses you.”
“What about you?”
“What about me?”
“Do you think that I’m cheating?”
“That’s not for me to judge. You deal your own judgment and punishment more harshly and aptly than what I could ever do.”
“Hmph… I’ll go and see her now. Oh, and turn off the surveillance, okay?”
“I’d rather…”
“She’s my fucking wife, Jean! Is it too much to ask to have few minutes in private with her?”
“Sorry. Of course. I’ll turn them off now…”

It has been too long when people are thinking her as a patient. That has got to stop. First thing tomorrow I’m going to trash the camera that’s observing her. This is not a fucking zoo. She’s not a fucking animal.

“Honey?”
“Logan!”

That’s a… She’s… That’s a hug! Oh, Jesus, it has been years since she has greeted me like this. Just going to hold her now. Not going to let go. Nope. She feels so fucking good against me, scent as sweet as ever, warm and alive. Oh, God. I have to sit down…

“Logan?”
“Yeah?”
“How long? How long have I been in here?”
“Too long, darling. Too long. I miss you so much that it fucking hurts…”
“If I had known what would happen, I wouldn’t have…”
“Just forget it. It’s not your fault. You did what you thought was right. It’ doesn’t matter anymore.”
“And Anna?”
“She’s… She’s fine. Lived with a guy for a while, but it wasn’t working out, and she moved back in here today.”
“Oh… My poor girl… Can I… Do you think I could see her?”
“Uh… No. I don’t think you’re quite ready for… But I have a photograph in my wallet. Let me get it for you…”

She actually realizes that time has passed! She knows who I am! She wants to see Anna! Oh, shit. Oh, for fucking shit… Have to calm down.

“Calm down, you klutz!”
“Sorry, darling… It just… It has been for quite some time since I last saw you…”
“That’s her? That’s our little girl?”
“Yeah. That’s Anna. But it’s an old picture. I took it couple of years back when she moved out from home. She was eighteen.”
“All grown up… What does she… She hasn’t been in here to see me.”
“No.”
“Oh…”
“That has got nothing to do with you. I told her not to come. I knew you wouldn’t want her to see you like that.”
“Thanks.”

I don’t know what to do. What to say. Dear God in heaven. I have never been a believer, but this is almost enough to turn me to one.

“Logan? You’re crying.”
“No.”
“Yes, you are.”
“I have just missed you. Missed this. Us… Let me…”
“No! Logan, you can’t kiss me…”

I can’t? Want to bet on it? Her lips are so soft and she tastes like that herbal tea. I’m liable to have a heart attack right about now. Come on… Open those lips for me, darling… Oh, fuck this hurts… Forgot how strong the pull is, have to let go, have to let go…

“Logan! What did you do?”
“Huh… Felt like kiss to me…”
“No! What did you do to that man? Oh… Why would you… Oh, God. I’m going to be sick…”
“Marie…”
“Get your hands off from me!”
“Marie, please…”
“Get out!”
“Kid, I…”
“Get out! Get out! Get the fuck out! Don’t touch me!”