“Oh, my God!”
“Yeah. It happened. Deal with it.”

Is she going to go through that shit year by year? Because if she is, this will be over at some time next fucking month, and I don’t think I can keep up with her reactions much longer anymore. First she’s blubbering and sniffling, all over me, trying to see that I’m really alright, and the next minute she’s screaming and trashing, trying to gauge out my fucking eyeballs!

Had I been smarter I would have started this after we were somewhere secure. Tied her up and pushed her through faster. I think we’re somewhere near her twenties, and it has been a fucking week. Funny how she seems to go through this so fucking controlled all of a sudden. Random reactions, but she doesn’t keep skipping over years now like she did earlier. Maybe this is working? Maybe she really is getting better?

“Logan?”
“Yeah?”
“What’s going on? Where are we?”
“We’re taking a vacation. Do me a favor. Take a look inside of you.”
“Huh?”
“You touched me a while ago. I need you to go through the stuff you pulled from me.”
“I…”
“Just do it. It’s important.”
“Okay… I see if I can… Huh? What is this shit?”
“No shit.”
“This can’t be right…”
“I can’t fucking lie to you when you touch me. You know that.”
“But… Why?”
“Why what?”
“Why would I want to kill you? You only did what you had to do… It’s not like you cheated me when we were together. Really together. This… How fucked up am I?”
“Beats me. You know, I kind of like this you much better than the older you.”
“I can’t blame you. Maybe I should… I probably could…”
“Marie?”
“Yes. I can do it. I know I can. I just need to…”
“Marie? Marie! Kid!”

Oh, for fucking... What the hell did she do now? Better pull over… She’s not dead. But looks like she’s in a fucking coma. What did you do? What did you do, you loony bitch?

“Marie! Wake up!”
“Sssh… Don’t wake her…”
“Marie? What…”
“Listen, asshole. Wake her now and she’s going to finish you off, there’s no question of it.”
“Who the fuck are you, then?”
“It doesn’t matter. Let’s just say that I’m somebody who would like to see you squirm a bit longer.”
“Wha…”
“Oh, yeah. Sorry. Forgot that I was talking with a retard… I’m you. You from when you touched her at the Statue Of Liberty.”
“But… Uh…”
“Close your fucking yap before something crawls in and makes a nest. And pull that head of yours from your ass. I have a feeling that as soon as she wakes up, I’m going to disappear for good. So you better listen what I have to say.”
“What is this shit?”
“Listen, you pathetic wanker! You think you have it all figured out, don’t you?”
“What all?”
“You’re going to put her together like she was a fucking jigsaw puzzle, right?”
“Yeah…”
“Then you’re going to make sure that she has everything she needs. Food, shelter, some kind of support system, right?”
“Yeah.”
“And what then? You let her drain you?”
“Yeah. You got a problem with that?”
“You’re a fucking moron.”
“Hey!”
“I was just stating a fact, not trying to insult you. Calm down, bub.”
“Fuck you.”
“Love you too, buddy. Have you thought about what happens after?”
“What do you mean? After? After what?”
“After she has drained you and you’re floating around in here? In her head? I can tell you have given some thought to that already, but have you really thought it through properly? You won’t be able to sit back and let her run her own life.”
“What the fuck are you talking about?”
“I fucking know you! I am you! Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit back and let her screw up her whole fucking life? Starting from the moment she hooked up with you?”
“This is fucking giving me a headache…”
“Good. Maybe that’ll make you concentrate better, because she’s starting to wake up… I can sit back because I had no claim over her. You on the other hand… You’re different. You’re her fucking husband. You took the first chance to jump in to her bed, you took her in your heart, you love her, you want her, and you’re so fucking selfish that you won’t be able to let go when…”
“What the fuck are you talking about?”
“Logan? What happened? Did I pass out or something? Where are we?”
“Welcome back, darling. How old are you?”
“What’s that supposed to mean? I’m twenty-one. What’s that got to do with anyth…”
“Old enough. You take the wheel for a while. I need to rest…”
“But I don’t know where we are going! Where the fuck are we anyway?”
“Just drive. I’m going to sleep for couple of hours.”

So. There’s Marie. And several more Marie’s. Then there’s me. Who the fuck else is sharing that brain of hers? And do I have to take care of them all? And how the hell Jean missed this all? How the hell she couldn’t tell how badly Marie’s mind is twisted up? And if she did knew… Why the hell didn’t she tell that to me?