Don’t look at me like that. Just eat your goddamned pancakes. I fucking know they’re cold already. Don’t… Don’t you dare to open that mouth of yours…

“Why?”
“Why what?”
“Why did I do that to you?”
“Tore me up?”
“Yes. Why did I hurt you like that?”
“I did some pretty shitty things to you before that.”
“You… Hurt me?”
“Yes.”

Where to start?

“You… You do know that you’re little fucked up from the head, right?”
“… Yes?”
“When we met, you weren’t like that. You were running away from some bad people. I helped you out. We met some good people and decided to stay with them. Other mutants. People like us. You… You started dating this boy…”
“Bobby? His name was Bobby, right?”
“Yeah. How much do you remember?”
“Just bits and pieces. But keep talking. It feels like… Like it’s helping me to remember.”
“Okay. So, you started dating that little wanker…”
“Logan!”
“What? Fine… Bobby. You two were doing just fine at first. Then something happened. I don’t know what. You just started drifting apart. Then some people developed a cure. Some shit that was supposed to ‘cure’ mutants. Make us normal. You went and took it.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. You once said that you wanted the same things as everybody else. Touch other people without hurting them.”
“Oh… Yes. My skin.”
“Yeah. You took the cure. Little later you and Bobby broke up for good.”
“And then what?”
“You were little over seventeen back then… We… I…”
“We… We started dating?”
“Wouldn’t call it that. Fucking like small animals would probably be closer to the truth. Then you got… You got pregnant. And we got married.”
“… Anna isn’t just your daughter.”
“No. She’s ours. I was so fucking… When she was born… Shit. It was the best, and downright most fucked up day in my life… Oh, crap. I have to pull over.”

Have to. Because this is where it gets ugly. Where the hell did I put those cigars?

“Logan?”
“Yeah?”
“What happened?”
“In a minute, darling… In a minute…”
“Why was it so awful when Anna was born?”
“Up until that something… Probably the pregnancy, I don’t know… Fuck, Jean would have known how to explain this better… That day I got a daughter. And lost you. Jean thought it was probably the pregnancy that had kept you sane. When Anna was born, few hours after that you just collapsed. Freaked out. Jean had to sedate you. Next weeks… They were fucking hell. Anna needed taking care of, you needed taking care of, and all they could say was that I should just give you some more time, you’d snap out of it eventually. I lasted a year. A fucking year before I had to get away from there. I left you. I left Anna, and just ran.”
“I don’t blame you.”
“You should. I should have been stronger than that. Wasn’t away longer than couple of weeks. Came back. Ran again when it started to feel that walls were crumbling over me.”
“But… That’s you. You can’t change what you are…”
“I should have tried fucking harder! Anyway… I drank. I fought…”
“You do that all the time…”
“… and fucked around.”
“Huh?”
“I cheated you. Didn’t do that often, but I cheated you. I couldn’t very well just ask Jean to sedate you because I wanted to fuck you. Kept looking for women that looked or smelled like you and paid them for pretending to be you.”
“Logan…”
“I’m not proud of what I did, but I did it anyway. Then later… Well, Anna grew up. Got mixed up with some bad people. Drugs and shit. I diced up a boyfriend who used her as a punching bag. You found out about it. The cure had started to wear off and I came to see you, because I thought… I thought that I could get you back, but I can’t fucking have you back, ever. I fucked up, and I’m so fucking sorry about that. We’re going to get Anna, I’m going to find a place for you two to live.”
“And… What about you?”
“That’s up to you. I was planning to go after those bastards from the lab, but you had some other plans.”
“Other plans?”
“You wanted to finish me off by yourself.”
“Oh…”
“Yeah… So. Uh…”
“I… I need to think about this. It’s… It’s a bit much all of a sudden…”
“Yeah. What ever you decide to do, it’s okay with me. Just take care of Anna when… Take care of both of you when I’m gone.”