What’s taking her so long? If she’s not out from that restroom in two minutes, I’m getting in. She’s been in there ten minutes already. Even if she took a shower in there it wouldn’t take that long. She’s going to have to eat those pancakes in the truck. And she’ll complain that they’re soggy and cold. She will. I fucking know she will. That’s it.

“Marie? You decent in there?”

Knock-knock… Little piggy, little piggy, let me in or I’ll huff and puff and blow down… Your… What the fuck? Where the hell is she?

“Marie? Are you in here?”
“…yes. In a stall….”
“We have to start moving. Hurry up.”
“… I….”
“Marie? What’s wrong?”
“Why do I look so old? Logan? Why… What’s going on?”

Well, darling… You look old because you’re almost forty years. You look so worn out because the past twenty years you have been living underground where there’s no windows. There are no bruises on you because they padded the walls of your room.

“It’s a long story, honey.”
“A long story? I’m not twelve, am I?”
“No.”
“How… How old…”
“You don’t want to know. Not now. Just come out of there. I’ll tell you everything once we get back on the road, okay?”
“I… I can’t… You know me, don’t you?”
“You could say that.”
“What are you? What are we?”
“Just open this door, Marie. Please. Open this fucking door before I kick it in.”
“I can’t… I’m scared… I don’t know what to think anymore…”
“Open this fucking door Marie. Open it now.”
“It’s open… please, don’t be mad at me… Don’t…”
“I’m not mad at you. Hush. Come here, darling. Come here… Hush…”
“Don’t hurt me…”
”I won’t.”
“Why? I think… I did something to you, didn’t I… I hurt you…”
“Hush. It’s all gone and over now. I got you. Just calm down, darling.”

I don’t know if it is a good thing, but it sounds like she’s… I don’t know… Pulling back together? At least few bits of her have fallen back to their places. At least she knows now that there’s something wrong with her. Shouldn’t that be a good thing? I just wish she’d stop crying. I take her out of here like this and they’re going to call the cops after me.

“Wipe your nose, darling. And try to calm down. I got you. I’ll take care of you. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.”
“You sure?”
“I’m sure. You… You have been through a lot. And I’m going to tell you all about it. Later. It’s a long and complicated story, and we really have to get going now.”
“… Yeah. Your daughter, right? Anna? She’s in trouble, isn’t she?”
“I don’t know. Most likely. I wasn’t really thinking when I sent her out.”
“You weren’t thinking because… Oh… I did that to you? Oh… I’m going to be sick…”

Nice. Was it too fucking hard to turn your head and lean towards the toilet?

“I’m sorry.”
“That makes the two of us. How the hell… You haven’t even eaten anything! What is this? The Exorcist?”
“What?”
“Just forget it. Get yourself cleaned up. I’m going to see if there’s warm water in that shower… But hey. Make it quick. We have been hogging this place too long already.”