“They put you through some rough shit back there.”
“… yes…”
“What did they do to you?”
“I don’t know… Just… Stuff.”
“Do you know why you were there?”
“No!”

Okay. That came out little too quick. She knows something.

“Don’t lie to me.”
“I’m sorry… Please, don’t hurt me…”
“I’m not going to hurt you, darling. But I need to know.”
“…Why?”
“I have this funky feeling that we have something in common. I just can’t put my finger on it. And I’d like to find out what it is. I’m curious. Sue me.”
“… They talked about you every now and then.”
“Uh-huh… What did they talk about, Marie?”
“Nothing. But they were angry that you got away… Hey, is it really a good idea to drive around in a stolen truck?”
“I know what I’m doing. Could you just answer to my question?”

Blushing. She’ll fucking pop an artery soon.

“They talked about me. What did they say?”
“… nothing?”
“Bullshit, Marie. Just spit it out.”

Before I fucking spank it out of you. Can’t be anything good when it’s that hard to repeat.

“… They made meforyouasarew…”
“What was that?”
“They made me so that they could lure you back in there! … sorry. Didn’t mean to shout…”
“Lure me back in there? Sorry, darling, but I don’t think I would have gotten back there even if I knew you were there. Are you sure?”
“They were going to wait for me to grow up, then let me go. They put something in me. Some of your genes. To make sure that you’d get interested when you saw me.”
“Get interested?”
“They tried to make it so that you’d… That we… That we started dating…”
“They wanted me to start fucking you? And then what? Just wait that I get distracted enough and reel me back in?”
“…. Yes?”

That explains why she looks about ready to sink through that seat. Would explain even hell of a lot more. My reaction to her when I first saw her. That sick, perverse need to fuck her right then and there, to hell with other people, to hell with the fact that she was barely legal, to hell with the fact that I didn’t even know her and all I could smell from her was fear. If it hadn’t been for Magneto and X-Men, we would have both been back in that lab under a week.

“Uh… You’re not going to…”
“What?”
“Do ‘that’. I think I wouldn’t like it… That much…”
“I’m not in the habit of raping twelve-years-old little girls. You have nothing to be afraid of.”
“You promise?”
“I promise, Marie.”

It can’t be that simple. They fucking knew me. Knew me from inside out. Even if I had started anything with her… I kind of doubt that I would have let it go far enough. I was paranoid. I still am. I don’t think I would have gone after her even if they had snatched her from right under me.

“Why do you keep calling me that?”
“What? Marie? Isn’t that your name?”
“There was this one person… I think he was a janitor or something. He was much nicer than other people in there. He had all of us different names. He’d talk to us when he was mopping floors or fixing stuff. Talk and joke about things. Told us to hang on, one day it would get better for us. I think he wasn’t right from the head. But he was nice. He used to call me Marie. Everybody else called me Rogue.”
“Uh-huh.”
“How did you know about that name?”
“I don’t know… You said it when you slept. I just assumed…”
“It’s okay. I like that name. It just sounded weird coming from you.”
“Is it okay if I keep calling you that?”
“It’s good… Listen, could we stop soon? I… I’d really need some stuff, and…”

Blushing again. Jesus. Was she always that shy?

“Tampons or pads?”
“Huh?”
“I think there’s… Anna left some of her stuff in my bag. See if there’s something.”
“… thanks…”
“There’s a truck stop coming soon. We can stop there and you can get yourself cleaned up. You hungry?”
“Yes. Do they have pancakes?”
“I’m sure they have.”
“Can I have some?”
“As many as you like.”