Almost there. Christ, I’m thirsty… As soon as I get this finished I’m going to raid that minibar… Wha… She’s crying? What the fuck is her problem? She’s not the one sitting in a puddle of blood and shit!

“Logan… Is it true?”
“What?”
“That stuff in that file? That we’re…”
“Related? I don’t know. It’s not like I’m your father or anything, but there’s several markers…”
“Oh, God… I think I’m going to be sick…”
“That’s what you get when you go waltzing through my mind.”
“It doesn’t bother you?”
“It does. But until we find out the truth… There’s no use to weep over it.”
“No use… You could very well be my fucking grandfather for all we know!”
“No. That’s a definite no. You’re too old for that.”
“Does Anna know?”
“No. Wasn’t planning to tell her before I know for sure.”

Shit. That last stitch’s not going to hold… Okay. Concentrate, asshole. You could do this with your eyes shut. Close your eyes, you fucking moron. Double vision makes you only fuck this up…

“Logan?”
“Yeah…?”
“Could you… Could you let me out of here?”
“For what? If you want a second round, darling, you have to wait until I get better…”

This is fucking impossible. My hands are shaking. Dropped the needle again. I need something to drink. Can’t leave this door. Lock’s on the inside. She’ll bolt out of there as soon as I raise my ass from this floor.

“I… I could help.”
“Help with what?”
“You’re still bleeding.”

No shit, Sherlock? It’s a fucking miracle that I’m still conscious. Should have asked Anna to bring me some water before she left.

“None of your concern. Just keep still. Keep your mouth shut and let me concentrate, okay? Because this is hard enough without your whining…”
“A truce? I promise not to try anything…”
“Shut up, Marie. I’m not in the mood for games… I just want to get this fucking mess fixed up before I spill my fucking guts all over this floor!”
“But I really want to help you!”
“Fuck you, bitch. Not going to fall for that one… Oldest trick in the book, Marie! Give me some fucking credit!”
“Logan, please. Open this door.”
“I’ll open it as soon as Anna gets back and we have enough shit to knock you out.”
“You sent her to buy drugs?”
“Yeah.”
“Are you insane?”
“Probably. Fuck! Fine, okay… I let you out. But try anything and I swear I’ll fucking slice you to ribbons…”
“Coming out now… Uh… You might want to move a bit. You’re blocking the door.”
“I’ll move in a sec… Just promise… Promise me one thing first.”
“What?”
“Take care of Anna.”
“Logan, she’s my daughter…”
“Fucking promise! Oh, fuck…”
“Fine! I promise! Let me out, I don’t like that pool of blood coming from under the door!”

Insane? Definitely. For all I know she could just finish what she started earlier. Wouldn’t take an effort. But if I croak here, she’ll be trapped in to that fucking bathroom for God knows how long. There’s no window for her to crawl out.

“You did stitch up arteries as well?”
“Wha… Couldn’t really see what I was stitching… It’s all kind of jumbled up in there…”
“I married an ass. Come on, get up… I’m going to help you on that bed.”
“Just forget the fucking stitches… They’ll fall off anyway as soon as healing kicks in…”
“Easy now. You don’t want to tear those open. I’ll go and get some towels.”
“Marie?”
“Yes?”
“Why?”
“I want to find out the truth. I need you for that. But don’t get your hopes up. We’re over. And after this is over, after we know what really happened in that fucking lab… You’re going to wish that you just kept driving back in Laughlin.”
“Fair enough… For what it’s worth, I really am sorry…”
“So am I. Sleep now. You need to rest.”