“Wake up, Anna.”
“Dad? What is it?”
“I need you to wake up and pack your stuff. We’re getting the hell out of here. Meet me in the garage.”
“But… Where are you going?”
“I’m going to get your mom.”
“Mom? Dad…”
“I’ll explain everything later. Just pack your stuff. You got ten minutes. If Jean or Ororo tries to stop you…”
“Dad! You’re scaring me!”
“Sorry about that, pumpkin. Not my intention. Now move that pretty ass of yours. We don’t have much time.”

We don’t have time, period. If she’s not in the garage after ten minutes, I’m leaving without her. I can always come back later and pick her up. Right now getting Marie out of here is my first priority.

“Marie.”
“Hmmh?”
“Wake up, darling. We’re going for a ride.”
“At this hour?”
“Yeah. I have a bad feeling.”
“Do I have time to pack?”
“No. We can buy what ever you need, but we need to get out of here, right now.”
“Okay. I just grab some clothes…”

Thank God it’s Marie who woke up. Had it been that bitch from hell that came after me last week…

“Where are we going?”
“In to the garage. Just have to take a small detour. I need something from the infirmary.”
“Somebody’s hurt?”
“No. I just need something…”
“Shouldn’t we warn the professor? Shouldn’t we let him know that they’re coming?”
“The professor already knows. I told him before I came to get you.”

So she thinks we’re running from the army? This is fucking easier than I imagined. Something familiar.

“Are we taking anybody else?”
“Yeah. A… A friend of mine. Her name’s Anna.”
“I don’t know anybody named Anna…”
“I just met her. She moved here tonight. She’s… You’ll like her, trust me.”
“It doesn’t matter if I like her or not. We just have to make sure that everybody gets out safely, right?”
“Right. Take this.”
“First aid kit? This is what you came for?”
“Yeah. Go to garage now. Anna’s probably waiting for us there already. She knows my truck.”
“What about you?”
“I’m coming. I just have to take care of something first.”

Come on, Jean… Where do you keep them? All those pretty injectors… Where the fuck are they? There oh fucking shit!

“Storm.”
“Wolverine. Jean told me that you were getting on the road again.”
“Yeah. Is there a particular reason why you zapped me?”
“Yes. That cabinet is locked for a reason. Jean doesn’t like to leave narcotics laying around so that anybody can pick them up.”
“I’m not anybody, Ororo. You fucking know that there’s very little use for me with that stuff. But I need it anyway.”
“Need it for what?”
“Jean didn’t tell you? I’m taking my family to a vacation. Some fresh air and sun… Marie has been looking so fucking pale lately.”
“You figured that you could start fucking her again for a change, is that it? Just keep her doped up and use her?”
“Have you all gone fucking mad all of a sudden?”
“Back off from that cabinet, Logan. I can’t stop you from taking your wife, but you’re not getting anything else from here.”
“Ororo… I fucking need something to keep her calm when her mood shifts again.”
“Well, that’s your problem, isn’t it? You can of course leave Marie here if you feel like you can’t take care of her properly. She will be looked after. She’ll be comfortable. And when she starts missing you, we just tell her that you’re out there looking for your past. Just like we have done for the previous twenty-fucking-years you have been fucking around!”
“Fine. Goodbye, Ororo. And thanks. For everything you have done for her. I know she would have appreciated your friendship if she had had a clue of what was going on.”

Have to figure out something else then. Can’t really risk another shock from Ororo. My fingers are shaking as it is.

“Finally! You said ten minutes! I was about to leave your ass here!”
“Not now, Anna. Buckle your seatbelts. Both of you.”
“Jeesh, Logan. You’re a regular charmer, aren’t you…”
“Shut up, Marie. I need to think.”
“Da… Logan? Shouldn’t we be driving out of here?”
“Yes, we should, Anna. Hush up now, both of you. Are those seatbelts on?”
“Good and ready!”

Like a fucking stereo. This is going to be interesting. Well, at least it looks like they’re getting along just fine. I wonder how long does it take from Marie to start to wonder why her new friend looks so much like her? And what the hell am I going to do when that happens?