Couldn’t do that. Couldn’t leave her down there. It sounds so good to hear her breathing behind me. All curled up on my bed. Her scent on my pillow and sheets. I’m a fucking moron. I have no fucking way of knowing who will wake up tomorrow morning. Will it be Marie twenty years ago? Will it be Marie from the last week? Or something from between? But who the fuck cares. As long as she’s asleep I can pretend. Pretend that none of the shit happened. And go through this fucking file. Better do that now. Jean and Ororo will toss me out in the morning when they find Marie from here.

Let’s see… Medical records? What the crap… Genetic modifications… Altered personality… Implant procedures… Isn’t this mine? Where’s that envelope? Holy shit. I need to see Jean. Right now.

“When the hell were you planning to clue me in to this shit?”
“Never. Okay. Never. But you asked for it. Happy now?”
“Jesus. How fucked up you are, Jean?”
“Fucked up enough to think that it wouldn’t matter. I must admit that I had my doubts, but…”
“Jesus Christ, Jean! Wouldn’t matter? What the fuck is wrong with you?”
“Logan… You must understand… I wasn’t going to ruin what you two had just because there was this miniscule possibility…”
“Miniscule possibility? There was this miniscule possibility that I married my own fucking daughter! There was this miniscule possibility that I was fucking my own fucking daughter and you didn’t see it fit to tell us? What the fuck is wrong with you, you sick bitch?”
“But she isn’t your daughter, Logan…”
“Oh, yeah? And how do you know that? How can you be so sure?”
“If Marie was your daughter, Anna would have gotten both of your mutations. She’d have born with your ability to heal, and later on her skin would have activated, just like Marie’s did.”
“So… You just sat on your ass for the year I lived with Marie and kept hoping that I wasn’t her father? Christ. And I fucking trusted you. Trusted you enough to leave her life in to your hands. You’re one sick fuck, Jean. I’m leaving tonight. I’m taking Anna and Marie with me.”
“Logan…”
“Fuck you, Jean! Stay the hell away from my sight before this urge to see your innards gets the better of me…”

That’s what happened to her. I know they have been following my progress every now and then. Just to see what has become of their little pet-project. They snatched Marie when they found out her connection to me. When they realized that she was their creation as well. Made just before I busted out from that fucking lab.

There are too many similarities on those DNA charts. Too fucking many. Even an ordinary idiot like me can draw some conclusions from that. Jeannie’s right, there’s not enough for Marie to be my daughter. I don’t have a fucking clue of what she is. Except that she’s mine. She’s mine. Anna’s mine. And it’s time to start taking care of what’s mine and forget the rest of the world.