Fuck. It’s cold. Should have bought a new truck. Well, little late for regrets now, isn’t it. Just keep walking, bub. Keep walking. Few prayers wouldn’t hurt either. I’m easy target for her now, walking down here. She can just plow me over with what she’s driving. And if she’s as mad as Anna made it sound, it won’t stop there. She knows about pain. She’s a fucking expert at it, having my memories floating in that pretty head of hers. She can ran me over, finish the job backing over me again, tie me up and then just wait for me to wake up, and that’s when the fun really starts. And there’s no end to it. She can keep going forever, quite literally. Just let me heal up and start all over again. Nice.

Shit. I think I froze my fingers. What the fuck was I thinking when I gave my truck away?

Just face it, bub. You’re scared. Scared to shitless. She has every right to be mad at me. She’s entitled to anything and everything she sees fit to do. There’s no one to blame but myself. And maybe those bastards who cooked up the cure. That boy and those scientists. But that’s splitting hairs. And it wasn’t them who fucked around while my wife was living in lala-land. It wasn’t them who abandoned my daughter to the hands of that fucker. It wasn’t them who fucked up that bastard. It wasn’t them who fucked up my life.

A car? Stopping. Oh, shit. I thought I had more time.

“Well, hello… What does a guy like you out there in this weather? Get in before you freeze your ass off.”
“Marie…”
“Get in the car, Logan.”

Well, at least it’s warm. The heater’s in the max. She never liked the cold. Makes me wonder what the fuck made her to choose Canada back then.

“Marie, I want you to know that I’m sorry…”
“Shut up.”
“I never meant to hurt you…”
“Shut up, Logan.”
“I don’t blame you. Do what you have to do. Just don’t let Anna know…”
“Anna is the least of your problems right now. Keep your mouth shut before I zap you.”

She’s tired. With any luck she’ll collapse before she gets on with her plan. Shit. I wish I had my cell phone with me. I bet Ororo’s worried out of her mind. And Jean. They have been taking care of Marie the past eighteen years.

“You should call home. Let them know that you’re alright.”
“None of your concern. I’ll give them a call when I feel like it.”
“Okay. Where are we… What are you going to do now?”
“You’d like to know that, wouldn’t you…”
“Jesus, woman. I’m crapping my pants here. Couldn’t you give me a clue?”
“No. And shut your fucking mouth already!”

Oh, shit… She’s stronger now… One brief touch and I can’t fucking breathe… Fuck… Have to stay awake… I don’t fucking want to end up like Jack…

That’s it. Breathe. Just keep your mouth shut and breathe, you moron. Keep your eyes open. She just turned from the main road. The car is not running anymore. Bright lights… A motel? Yeah. A motel. ‘The Road-End’. Fitting name. Doesn’t look like much, but I bet there are sturdy and thick walls to keep the noise out. Or in.

“Okay, darling. Here we go. Let me help you up…”
“Watch your back, Marie… I’m heavy…”
“Oh, I know. I know everything there is to know about you…”