"What are you going to do?" Marie asked. There was concern and fear in her big brown eyes.

"I’m not sure, but I know I want to kill the person that took my life from me," Logan said with venom in his voice. "And I may just get my chance. Chuck said that the location was underground and swarming with military."

Marie placed her hand on top of his and tried to give him an assuring smile. "Just remember that you’re not alone in this, and that I’m here for you."

Logan nodded but didn’t say anything. He kissed Marie on the cheek and got up, walking towards the door. "I’ll be back when it’s time to suit up," he told her, but just before leaving the room, Marie stopped him.

"Logan, I want us to tell Kayla goodbye together."

"Okay," was all he said, and then he was gone.

For a moment Marie stared thoughtfully at the now empty space Logan had just vacated, then she looked around the room, taking in the things that needed to be done before the mission. She heard Kayla laughing in the other room, and leaving the bed unmade she left to go check on her.

"What are you doing?" Marie asked, sitting on the floor next to Kayla.

"Having a tea party," Kayla replied, setting up her tea set.

"May I join you?"

"Sure, mommy," Kayla said with excitement. She handed Marie her tea cup and saucer. "Can I put real water in here?" she asked holding up the tiny pitcher.

"Yes you can," Marie told her.

Kayla ran to the bathroom and filled the pitcher up with water. She walked slowly back to Marie so she wouldn’t spill any. "Where did daddy go?" she asked.

"He had to go talk to Uncle Hank and Uncle Scott," Marie told her. She wondered how to explain to Kayla where they were going. "Kayla baby," she said, patting her lap, "come sit in mommy’s lap."

Kayla crawled into Marie’s lap and looked up at her. Marie thought that she looked just like Logan. She had his hazel eyes and Marie was pretty sure that if Kayla’s hair was short it would stick up just like his.

"You’re going to spend the night in the library tonight with Christopher and the others," Marie told her.

"But I want to sleep in my bed."

"Baby if you do, you’ll be here by yourself because mommy and daddy won’t be here," Marie told her, rubbing her fingers through Kayla’s hair.

"Where are you going?" Kayla asked.

"We are going out on the big plane with everyone except Jubilee and Bobby. They are going to stay here with you and the rest of the kids."
Kayla’s lip started to quiver. "Is that the same plane Uncle Remy came back on when he got hurt?"

"Yes, but Uncle Remy got better remember," Marie said placing a kiss on Kayla’s forehead.

"I don’t want you to get hurt mommy!" Kayla said crying.

"I won’t baby," Marie told her. She started rocking Kayla back and forth. "Daddy will take care of me, and I’ll take care of him."

Kayla stopped crying for a moment and stared at Marie.

"How about we finish our tea party?" Marie asked.

"Okay," Kayla said sniffling.

"I love you Kayla," Marie told her giving her a kiss.

"I love you too, mommy," Kayla said pouring her ‘tea’ into Marie’s cup.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you going to bring my mommy back?" Kayla asked Logan. They were standing outside the library telling each other bye.

"I promise Lil Bit," Logan replied.

"And you won’t let her get hurt," Kayla said, shaking her head.

"I won’t allow her to get hurt," Logan said firmly.

"Okay here you go," Marie said, walking up carrying a pillow and blankets. She set them down and kneeled before Kayla.

Kayla wrapped her arms around Marie’s neck. "Bye mommy. I love you."

"I love you too.” Marie said. “Be good for Jubes and Bobby okay? Be watching for the plane. Mommy will wave to you."

Kayla nodded and looked up at Logan. He picked up her up and held her close. He hated going on missions, he never knew what was ahead of him, and he couldn’t risk losing Marie or Kayla, or being separated from them.

By the time Bobby came out to grab Kayla’s stuff, Logan was whispering words in Kayla’s ear, causing her to laugh.

"Is this all her stuff?" Bobby asked Marie.

"Yes," Marie replied.

"Do you guys know what the game plan is yet?" he asked.

"I don’t, but Logan does. We’ve got to get suited up, then Scott’s going to brief us on our course of action. We are planning on flying out in an hour." Marie told him.

Kayla walked up and smiled at Bobby, "I’m ready now," she said.
"Good Christopher is waiting for you," Bobby said. Looking up at Logan and Marie he added, "You guys be careful."

Shaking their heads they began to walk down the hall, the sound of Kayla saying, "Come on popsicle, let’s go in," echoing behind them.

Marie looked at Logan who glanced away as though he hadn’t heard a thing. "Logan, you’ve got to stop doing that," she said.

"What? I’m just having a little fun," he told her.

Marie swatted him on the shoulder and laughed.

Logan wrapped his arm around her waist and turned serious. "Marie," he began, "you’re going to be on Scott’s side of the building and I won’t be near, but if you need me just contact Kitty on the plane and she can notify me."

"Okay, I will," she told him. She didn’t tell Logan, but she was beginning to get a bad feeling about this mission.