"Logan, wake up!"

Logan rolled over onto his back but still kept his eyes closed. He felt Marie’s hand on his shoulder shaking him. "Logan, you’re going to be late. Wake up."

He opened one blurry eye to see the vision of Marie standing over him.

"Good morning, sugar," she said as she bent over to give him a quick kiss to the forehead. "Sorry I fell asleep on you last night"

"It better not happen again," Logan said. He wrapped his arm around Marie’s waist and pulled her down onto the bed next to him.

"It won’t. I promise, but we don’t have time for this. You have to take Kayla to her classroom, and I have to get to mine before the students do," Marie told him as she walked into Kayla’s room.

Logan groaned and looked at the clock. He got up and went to take a shower. When he emerged, he noticed clothes were scattered all over the floor and the bed unmade. Knowing how Marie hated to leave the room unclean, he began to pick up a few things. Marie came out of Kayla’s room carrying Kayla on her hip.

"Daddy! You’re taking me to school," Kayla said.

"That’s right, Lil Bit," Logan said pulling the covers up on the bed.

"Logan, leave it. I’ll get it later," Marie told him grabbing Kayla’s bag. She turned to him with a smile on her face and said, "Besides, it will be easier to get into later."

They stopped just before leaving the room, and Marie passed Kayla to Logan.

"I like the way you think darlin’," Logan said grabbing Kayla and her stuff for school.

Marie smiled and kissed Kayla on the cheek. "What do you think about Daddy and me giving you a little brother or sister?"

"Really?" Kayla asked.

"Yep, we’re going to start right after lunch," Logan said.

Marie elbowed him in the ribs, and looked at Kayla. "Have fun today at school, and obey Ms. Munroe."

Logan tilted Marie’s face up to him and gave her a long kiss. "Daddddyyy we have to go!"

"Sorry, Lil Bit, but I just love to do that to Mommy," Logan said walking out the door.

"Can I have a kiss like that?" Kayla asked.

Logan chuckled and said, "No, those kind of kisses are just for mommy."

"Oh," Kayla said disappointed.

"These kind of kisses are just for you," Logan told her. He blew his mouth on her neck and began tickling her with his beard.

"Daddy stop!" Kayla said laughing. "That tickles!"

"Love ya, kid," Logan told her.

"I’m not kid, I’m Lil Bit," Kayla said scrunching up her nose. "Mommy told me that you used to call her ‘Kid’ all the time and it drove her crazy."

"She said that, did she?" Logan asked.

"She also said that she loves you a whole lot. Like this much," Kayla said and stretched her arms out. "She loves me this much though," Kayla said smiling and stretched her arms a little further.

"Is that right? Well. I’ll let you in on a little secret," Logan said leaning towards Kayla, "My arms are bigger and I love you both more."

Kayla turned to see how much further they had to go and spotted her friend Christopher Summers with his dad. "Christopher!" she shouted with such volume that made Logan cringe. He let her down so she could go say hello.

"Morning, Logan," Scott said as they met in the hall.

"Morning, Scooter," Logan turned to give Scott a stern look. "The next time Kayla has a nightmare, I’m coming over and pounding on your door, and trust me you won’t like what I have to say."

Scott just smiled at Logan and said, "Oh come on, Logan, they wanted to watch it. I thought it would be harmless."

"You need to learn better judgment," Logan told him. They stopped talking long enough to hear Kayla tell Christopher, "Mommy and Daddy are going to start right after lunch on getting me a little brother."

Scott laughed at the distress on Logan’s face. "I’ll leave you alone so you can settle this one," Scott told him walking Christopher into the classroom.

Logan bent over bracing himself on his knees. He looked directly into Kayla’s innocent face. She looked so much like Marie at times, enough to make him wonder just how much of a part he’d played in her creation. "How about you keep that a secret from now on?" Logan told her.

"But I want everyone to know," Kayla told him.

"Well, when the time is right we’ll let you tell anyone and everyone. How’s that sound?"

"Okay Daddy," Kayla said smiling.

Logan gave her quick kiss on the cheek and told her to go school. As Kayla walked through the door, Scott walked out.

Both men began walking towards the lower levels of the mansion. "So, a little brother huh?" Scott questioned.

"We were talking about it." Logan said. "I asked Marie to marry me last night," he added quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear as they passed in the hall.

"It’s about damn time," Scott said coolly.

"Yeah, I know," Logan said smirking. He would never let Scott see him grinning like a goofy idiot.

"So, I’m going to be your Best Man right?" Scott asked.

"I don’t think so," Logan said.

"Hey! Who saved your ass that night those twins were all over you at the bar?" Scott asked with mischievous grin on his face. They got in the staff elevator and pushed the down button.

"Telling Marie that I got make up on my shirt from a drag queen who couldn’t keep his hands off of me didn’t help either," Logan said with sarcasm in his voice.

They walked out of the elevator and began to go their separate ways. "Hey it worked didn’t it? Besides I think being the future father-in-law of your daughter gives me the right to be your Best Man," Scott said. He knew just how to get Logan going.

"Over my dead body is my daughter marrying your son!" Logan hollered, then added, "Damn, Scott they’re only four. Let’em grow up."

Scott laughed knowing that Logan wasn’t taking him seriously. "Hey, Logan?" he called out before entering the mission room.

Logan turned. "Yeah?"

"Be prepared in case we have to go on a mission tonight. The Professor is expecting intelligence on a mutant holding facility near the Canadian border."

"Got it," said Logan, entering the security office.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If we have a boy what do you want his name to be?" Marie asked Logan. They were laying in their bed after a blissful afternoon together.

Logan shrugged his shoulders. "I don’t know. What do you think?"

"Well," Marie said turning her head to rest her chin on his chest, "I like the name Hunter."

Logan thought about it a second, then said, "I like it."

"Good, I’m glad," she told him. "I guess it’s time for me get Kayla."

Marie got up and started getting dressed. Just before leaving she gave Logan a kiss and told him to be dressed by the time they got back.

"Mommy, guess what?" Kayla asked as they were walking down the hall.

"What is it sugar?"

"Ms. Munroe told us about the Statue of Liberty today," Kayla said looking up at Marie. "But I already knew what it was. Isn’t that where you got your white hair from?"

"Yes it was," Marie told her.

"And that’s where Daddy saved you, because he loves you," Kayla said giggling.

"Yeah he sure did."

They reached the room and saw Logan dressed and sitting at the table. Marie could tell something was wrong by the look on his face.

"Daddy!" Kayla said, running to jump in Logan’s lap.

"Hey Lil Bit. How was your day?" he asked.

"Good, Christopher drew me a picture," she told him. "Do you want to see it?"

"Maybe later, I need to talk with mommy right now. Why don’t you go play in your room until I come get you."

"Okay," Kayla said running towards her room.

Logan walked over to the door and shut it so he and Marie could talk.

"What’s the matter?" Marie asked walking towards him.

"Chuck just called. He received some intel on mutants being held against their will. He’s asked me to help Scott and Hank come up with a plan for rescuing them," he told her.

"When are we leaving?" Marie asked.

"Chuck said we’d have better cover after dark. You’re supposed to get Kayla ready to have a sleep over with all the kids down in the library."

"Who’s staying with them?" Marie asked.

"The Professor, Jubilee and Bobby. We’re going to need everyone we can, this is a pretty big place to cover and there is going to be a least two entry points," Logan said.

He was holding back the most vital information and Marie could tell.

"Logan," she said placing her hands on his forearms, "what are you not telling me?"

He ran a hand through his hair and let out a big sigh, before walking over to the bed and sitting down. Marie followed him and sat next to him. "Chuck," Logan began slowly, "says that this place might be the one where I was kept."