Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow it's been a few years. Anyone still here? I'm posting this in hopes to find the fandom still alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jean?" Ororo called softly as she entered Rogue's room.

"Hey Ro'" Jean said smiling.

"I came to see if you want me to sit with her for a little while?" Ororo asked.

"That would be great. I have to go and take care of Rachel," Jean said standing up from the chair she was sitting in. She walked over to double-checked the monitoring equipment before she left. She smiled weakly and brushed back a piece of white hair that had fallen into Rogue's face.

"How long do you think she'll be unconscious?" Ororo asked.

"I don't know. I wish she would wake up soon though," Jean said with a worried expression.

Ororo noted the look on Jean's face and asked, "What are you not saying?"

Jean looked at Ororo and then back at Rogue, "The longer she's unconscious the greater the possibility of her waking up with a form of permanent amnesia."

"Oh my," Ororo said, letting Jean's words sink in.

"And it's not just that," Jean continued, "Think about all the things she has missed. I mean...your and Hank's wedding, Kitty and Bobby's. Kayla growing up, and I don't even want to think about how Logan being married is going to affect her. Not to make a joke of the situation, but the only thing that's the same is the fact that Remy and Jubilee are still the 'on again off again' couple of the mansion."

"Do you think she'll know how long she's been gone or where she was?" Ororo asked.

"I don't know," Jean said. She turned to leave pausing just before she walked through the door. "Talk to her every once in awhile, it may not seem like a lot but it might help."

Ororo nodded and began to move the chair closer to the bed. She made herself comfortable, taking Rogue's bare hand in hers and giving it affectionate squeeze, having a small amount hope that Rogue would squeeze back. She didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott, Remy and Hank stood outside Rogue's room watching the Professor as he sat in the room with her. They were eagerly waiting the Professor's second attempt to read Rogue's mind. While standing there, Kitty and Bobby approached them.

"We just heard the news," Bobby said.

"Jubilee called us," Kitty filled them in. "Is there any change?"

"No," Hank told them.

"The Professor is going to read her mind again," Remy said keeping his eyes on the observation window.

"Has anyone called Logan?" Bobby asked.

"I called but he was in the shower. Valerie said he would call me back but that was two and half hours ago," Scott said. "I'm going to try him again soon."

"You guys want us to stick around and help watch the kids while you stay down here?" Bobby asked.

"Kurt and Jubilee are up there now, I'm sure they would appreciate your help," Scott said.

"Scott," Jean called as she approached, "You guys shouldn't be hanging around while the Professor is in there. You could throw his concentration off."

Hank and Scott walked back to Jean's office while the rest made their way to the elevator. Jean stayed and watched the Professor place his hands on either side of Rogue's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla had noticed most of the adults acting strangely that morning, and they seemed to be making more trips down to the lower levels than usual. She wondered what was going on.

She stood with Jenny and Christopher in the concession line at the theater watching the four adults in a whispered discussion. Storm had just got off her cell phone and everyone seemed concerned with the news she was telling them.

"So what do you think is going on with them?" Jenny asked.

"I don't know, but something is definitely up and I would like to find out," Christopher said.

"Too bad you aren't a telepath like your mom," Jenny said to Christopher. Then turning to Kayla she added, "Maybe you'll develop sensitive hearing like your dad."

Kayla continued staring at the adults as Jenny waved a hand in front of her face, "Earth to Kayla...Where'd you go girlie? You, like, spaced out on us there."

"Oh sorry. I just feel like something is going on. Don't you guys?" Kayla asked turning to face her friends.

"Duh! What have we been talking about this whole time?" Jenny said.

"Sorry! I was trying to see if I could read their lips," Kayla said.

"Last night, while I was getting a drink of water, momma came in from downstairs without dad," Christopher said, "Then this morning she let it slip that she was going to relieve dad of his 'watch.' What do you think that meant?"

Kayla studied Christopher thoughtfully as he adjusted his ruby quartz glasses...an exact copy of the ones worn by his father. Every since the last few weeks, when Christopher complained of a burning sensation behind his eyes his parents made him wear the glasses in fear that his mutation was manifesting.

"I don't know," Jenny said. "I heard Aunt Jubes telling Remy that she couldn't believe they haven't told 'Wolvie' yet."

"What does telling my dad have anything to do with it?" Kayla questioned.

The others shrugged their shoulders and they made their way to the front of the line. All three were lost in their own thoughts about what could be happening in the lower levels of the mansion. They took their seats in the theater a few rows away from the others so they could continue their discussion before the movie started.

"What if they have someone hidden in the lower levels?" Jenny suggested.

"That's crazy...Why would they hide anyone?" Christopher said.

"I think we should sneak down there and check it out," Jenny said eating her popcorn.

"Like I said you're crazy. There's no way to get to the lower levels without a password," Christopher said digging into his box of candy. He paused when no one said anything. He turned his head to the right to face Jenny, then he turned to face Kayla, they both had mischievous smiles forming across their faces.

"Tell me you guys don't have a password!" Christopher hissed. "It's against the rules for you to be down there unless you have to visit the medbay!"

"Relax Summers," Kayla said taking his box of candy from him. "We don't do anything but look around a little bit."

"Yeah dude, you sound like your dad," Jenny said. She paused when the lights began to dim then leaning over Christopher's lap so Kayla could hear she whispered, "I have a plan on how to get down there when we get back."

Christopher let out a groan and shook his head. He knew he was in for it now. He fixed Kayla with a look that said 'Are you sure about this' Kayla shrugged her shoulders and continued eating Christopher's candy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
until next time.....
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave me a review and let me know you're still here! I'm hoping to get back in the saddle. I need the encouragement!