Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay sorry its been awhile, I've had family issues. Thanks for the reviews while I have been away.
"I am going to try and read Rogue’s mind again, but first I have some things to take care of," the Professor said to Scott and Jean. "Please excuse me."

Jean nodded and turned to Scott as the Professor wheeled past them. He had his back to her, but she could see the tension in his shoulders as he stood there. "Scott..."

"We need to call Logan," he said.

"The Professor knows that, but think about Logan. He isn’t going to know what to do with himself, and-"

"Regardless.....how Logan reacts doesn’t matter.” Scott turned to face her “You know that."

"The Professor just wants to have answers for him, that’s all."

"It’s a mistake," Scott said, turning to leave. "And it’s one I’m not willing to pay for."

"Scott don’t..." Jean called after him, but she knew he was right and she made no attempt to stop what he was about to do. Instead she made her way to Rogue’s room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valerie rolled over in the bed to answer the ringing phone. "Hello?"

"Valerie, this is Scott," the voice on the other end said.

"Hello Scott. Is there a problem?" she asked. "Is it Kayla?"

"No, Kayla’s fine. I’m real sorry but something has come up and I need to speak to Logan."

"He’s in the shower at the moment. I’ll tell him you called."

"I can’t stress the importance of the situation," Scott said, sounding agitated.

"Okay."

"Bye,” he sighed.

"Bye," Valerie returned. She pushed the end button on the cell phone. Then staring at it for moment she removed the call from the recent calls list. She heard Logan cut the water off, so she placed the phone back on the nightstand and rolled over to face the bathroom door.

"Mornin’," Logan said, walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Good morning to you too," Valerie said, smiling sweetly at him.

Logan walked over to the bed and knelt down on the floor so that his face was even with her. In between the small kisses he placed on her mouth he said, "I thought you were going to join me in the shower this morning?"

"Well, you didn’t wake me up," Valerie said. "How about you get under here with me and make up for lost time?"

Logan smiled at her and shook his head. "Let’s go to breakfast, then come back here."

Valerie gave an exaggerated pout. "Pretty please?"

"Tempting, but I’m hungry." He placed a kiss on her forehead. "I promise we can come straight back here after breakfast and do whatever you want."

"Sounds good to me," Valerie said, getting out of bed and walking towards the bathroom.

"Hey Val," Logan called her back while digging through his suitcase for a pair of jeans to wear.

"Yeah?"

"Who were you talking to while I was in the shower?"

Valerie froze in front of the mirror trying to think of what to say. After a moment Logan appeared at the door. "Val? Who were you talking to?"

"Oh just Scott," Valerie said.

"What did he want?"

"He didn’t really say," Valerie told him. "Just that Kayla’s doing okay."

"I should probably call her later," Logan said, heading back into the bedroom.

Valerie watched him walk way with a grim expression on her face. She had to come up with a plan to keep Logan distracted from calling Scott back.