Scott sat in a chair dozing off outside the room where Rogue was sleeping. It was seven in the morning, and Rogue had yet to wake up. He had sent Jean back to bed and told the others he would stay with her until they got up.

"Scott," Charles called as he approached, "you can go. I’ll sit with her for now."

The Fearless Leader yawned as he stood up. He peered into observation window of Rogue’s room., "When are you going to notify Logan?"

"I’m not sure," said Charles, deep in thought.

Scott turned abruptly at what the Professor’s tone might imply. "He should be told...now."

"I know that, but think about where Logan is at the moment. He was just married yesterday..."

"Doesn’t matter. If I was him I would be pissed that you hadn’t told me already." Scott crossed his arms over his chest. He and the professor had rarely disagreed on anything.

"I agree, but I think we should find out more about her condition before we notify him. Logan is not the type to ask questions, he demands to know what is going on, and I want to be able to give him the answers when he asks"

"I’m contacting Logan tomorrow morning, whether we know something or not," Scott said, walking away.

The Professor frowned at the attitude Scott had, even though the he knew that Scott was just acting upon his leader’s instincts. He opened the door and wheeled silently into Rogue’s room, stopping his chair at the head of her bed to look her over. His eyes skimmed over the machines that were making beeping noises as they monitored her.

"Where have you been Rogue?" Charles asked quietly. "And why couldn’t you come back to us before now?"

He leaned forward and placed a hand on each side of her face. Closing his eyes, he slowly entered her mind.

He found himself standing in a room filled with darkness. He looked around, straining to see anything. A small green light blinked in the distance, so he began walking towards it, pausing momentarily to enjoy the brief opportunity to use his legs again. As he approached he heard a faint whimpering coming from the somewhere else in the room.

He saw the figure of Rogue sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees and her head down, crying softly.

"Rogue?" the Professor called out.

The figure’s head snapped up and she stared at Charles with shock.

"Rogue, do you know who I am?"

She slowly nodded her head and began to stand up.

Charles walked slowly towards her. "Will you come back with me?"

"No," Rogue told him. She hugged herself and fresh tears fell from her eyes. "They made him leave and now that I am in control I’m waiting for him to come back."

"Who are ‘they’?" Charles asked.

"The ones who put *her* in here," Rogue said, pointing to something behind the Professor.

Charles looked behind him to see a woman figure sitting in chains. She had long brown hair and green eyes which stared at him with a blank expression.

He walked over to her. "Who are you and who put you here?"

"She won’t answer you," Rogue said, walking up behind him. "She is no longer in control, something happened and now she just sits there."

"If you are the one in control why not wake up?"

"Because," Rogue began hesitantly, "I’m waiting."

"For what?"

"I’m waiting for Logan to come back...they made him leave." Rogue started to cry again, "They sent her and she took full control, she made Logan leave me. I want Logan back!" She began to beat her fist against the Professor while shouting, "I know who you really are and I want you to bring Logan back! Damn you! You are not the Professor! Get out of my head!"

Charles opened his eyes and slumped in his chair. He had to get Rogue to come back. He wondered who the woman was in Rogue’s mind.

"Good morning Professor," Hank said, entering the room.

"Good morning Hank. I trust you got some rest this morning?"

"Yes, although I had a dozen theories running through my head."

"Yes, me too," Charles told him. "After you and Jean examine Rogue completely, I would like to hold a meeting with the others to discuss what to do."

Hank nodded. "Jean should be down in a moment. Give us an hour or two."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So are you saying that you think she has developed a new mutation?” Remy asked.

“I think it was forced upon her to have,” Hank replied. They were all standing in the room where Rogue was kept, talking about her condition.

"What other things have you determined in your examinations?" asked Charles.

"Well, upon examining her muscular tissues, and I’ll have a better understanding of this once she is awake, but she could very well have some form of super strength," Hank said.

"How?" came from Ororo.

"Her mutation," Charles said, realization dawning. "Most likely who ever held her captive, made her absorb another mutant. When I was searching her mind there was another person... a woman locked up there. Rogue told me that she was no longer in control and that someone had put her there."

"If this woman is no longer in control of Rogue’s mind, why won’t she wake up?" Scott asked.

"Because when Rogue absorbed this other mutant, it pushed out the Logan in her head. She’s waiting for him to come back," the Professor told them.

"Which is why we should contact Logan," Remy said harshly.

"I agree," Scott said.

"No, let’s wait another day," the Professor said sternly. "I want to search her mind one more time, and then we will notify Logan."

Scott shook his head in disbelief and Remy stood up to leave. The others also excused themselves leaving Jean and Scott with the Professor.