Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the wonderful reviews! You guys are great! Thank to September for the beat job.

Okay guys moving right along, nice short chapter with a little bit of Logan and Valerie interaction on the side........
"Logan, have you spoken to Valerie yet?" Charles asked.

"No." Logan paced the floor anxiously. "Her cell phone
seems to be turned off."

"Well, I’m sure she’s fine," Charles said in a soothing tone. "I suggest that we wait for Eric’s next move before deciding on a course of action."

"But what if it’s something fatal?" Ororo asked.

"I’m sorry Storm, but there is nothing else to do but wait," Charles said, shaking his head. "Eric is very well equipped in blocking my telepathy, and so are his colleagues."

"I need to go check on Jean," Scott said, standing up.

"Yes, I think it will be best if we all continue to go about our normal routine until we know more."

"Is Jeannie okay?" Logan asked, as the rest of the X-Men left the mission room.

"Yeah it’s just one of her headaches again," Scott told him. "You’d think with this being her third pregnancy she wouldn’t have any trouble, but just before we got Bobby’s phone call she was in real pain. Her hormones have got her telepathy out of control and she can sense and feel everything ten times stronger than normal."

"I remember from the first..." Logan was interrupted by his cell phone ringing.

"That’s probably Valerie," said Scott.

"Yeah," Logan said, digging the phone out of his back pocket. With a gruff voice he answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Logan...?" Valerie’s voice came through on the other end.

"Where the hell have you been?" Logan asked. He turned and signaled to Scott that it was indeed Valerie, and Scott turned to leave.

"Sorry, my cell phone was set on no ring and I didn’t realize. I just heard about Senator Kelly," she said.

"You missed the Professor’s meeting," Logan told her.

"I’m sorry. Are we planning to do anything about it?"

"You need to come home. There are things we need to discuss."

"Logan, we are not postponing the wedding," she said.

"Just come home so we can talk," he told her.

"Okay, I’ll be right there.” Valerie told him. “Bye,"

"Be careful."

"Logan?" Valerie called him back. "I love you."

"Yeah just get here fast," Logan replied.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO!" Valerie shouted.

"Val listen to me. There is something big about to happen and we really can’t afford to be gone right now," Logan said, trying to calm her.

"I have been planning this wedding for almost a year, and
I waited three years for you just to ask me," Valerie told him. She sat on their bed, putting her face in her hands as she let the tears flow. She looked up at Logan and asked, "You do still want to get married, right?"

Logan sighed and sat next to her. "Yeah I do," he said. He held her hand and raised it to his lips placing a kiss there. "Don’t ever think that I don’t want to get married. It’s just that they may need us here, and if we leave after the wedding..."

"What if we only stay for a week and not the two weeks we had originally planned for?" Valerie interrupted.

"But Kayla..." Logan began.

"Will be surrounded by some of the most protective people," Valerie said. She leaned over gave Logan a heated kiss on the lips.

After a moment Logan pulled back. "We still need to..."

"Logan nothing is going to happen while we’re gone," she told him.

"But..." Logan began, but Valerie put her finger over his mouth.

"Shhh, no more talking."

Valerie kissed him again, this time leaning back on to the bed. Logan followed her, pushing the nagging feeling he had out of his mind.