Author's Chapter Notes:
Author Notes: Okay where to begin? This story was started so long ago and I have had a few people work with me since then. Taryn who was there when I started it. Nancy Lorenze who help me get back on my feet and September Chic who is my beta and has stuck with me (and hopefully will stick it out to the end!) Someone that previewed this said Logan seemed a little too mushy, but I promise our grumpy ole Wolverine will show up soon. Just bear with me and enjoy the sweetness for now. I will post every week, once a week. I have 23 chapters completed so for and many more to come. Feedback is always welcome and much encouraged.

Marie silently walked into the garage of the mansion where Logan was working late one night. She heard music coming from a small radio, and even though she knew she could never sneak up on him, she always tried.

She saw the lower half of his body sticking out from under one of the many vehicles. Something loud hit the floor and Logan let out a loud, drawn out, "Shit!" and she covered her mouth to suppress the laugh that wanted to escape. Then walking over to him, Marie straddled his hips and with a gentle thud, sat down on top of him.

Logan grunted. "Damn Marie, knock the breath out of me why don’t ya?"

Marie laughed as Logan rolled out from under the car with her still on his hips.

"What are you doing down here?" he asked.

Marie got off of him and sat next to him using the car to rest her back on. "I came to see when you would be done, and if you needed any help."

"Almost finished," he said, wiping the grease off his hands, "and I could always use your help. Where’s Kayla?"

"She’s in bed," Marie told him. "She fell asleep with Christopher while watching Spider-man."

Logan shook his head and rolled back under the car. "I told Scooter about letting his son watch those movies with *my* daughter. She’ll probably wake up in the middle of the night again."

Kayla was Logan and Marie’s four year old daughter. After a year of living together they’d discovered that Marie was pregnant. They had each been delighted about the news, but didn’t know how the other truly felt. Marie had been afraid Logan would feel obligated to her, and Logan was worried that Marie would feel tied down at such a young age. But after several long talks revealed they were both happy about the baby, their fears were put to rest. They also felt in no hurry to make their union legal.

"Will you hand me that thing there?" Logan said, pointing to one of the many tools scattered about the floor.

Marie handed him the tool. "Logan can I ask you something?"

"Sure, babe. Anything."

"Umm I was wondering…" Marie paused with trepidation. "What do you think about having another baby?"

Logan slowly rolled out from under the car and looked at Marie with wide eyes. Again Marie found herself having to keep from laughing. Logan still had one hand under the car holding on to something to keep him in place. He had his head raised slightly and his mouth was hanging open.

"Are you pregnant?" he finally managed to get out.

Marie shook her head and slowly said, "No...I was thinking more about having another baby on purpose and not just by accident." She wasn’t sure how Logan would take this and so far his reaction had her concerned.

Logan sat up and rested his arms on his knees. He turned his head and looked at her with a grin on his face. "You really wanna have another one of my kids?" he asked.

Marie grinned and nodded her head. She had to bite her bottom lip to keep from screaming. She watched as Logan nodded his head, deep in thought and stared at the floor. Her heart skipped a beat as Logan’s smile grew and grew.

"Well," Logan said wiping his hands on his hips and standing up, "I guess we better get started."

Marie let out the scream she was holding in and jumped up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a heated kiss on his lips. Logan lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. They stood like that for a moment without speaking, both melting at the heat radiating from each others eyes. Logan swayed them back and forth with the music still playing on the radio before walking them towards the door.

"So you want to get started now huh?" Marie asked looking down at him.

"That’s right," Logan told her. He turned a slow circle and kissed Marie on her collar bone.

"What we are we doing just standing here, then?"

"This is my attempt at a romantic moment dance," Logan said grinning.

Marie leaned over and kissed him. When she pulled back up she said, "Logan, God love you for it, but you don’t have to make this moment any better than it already is."

Logan’s expression turned serious and he told her, "Yeah I do."

"And why is that?" Marie asked.

"Because I wanna ask you to marry me."

Now it was Marie’s turn to look shocked. She let her legs fall to the ground and stared at him with amazement. She was not expecting him to ask her to marry him.

Logan still held her tight against him, waiting for her answer.

"Logan, I wasn’t trying to hint th..." she tried to say.

But he placed a finger on her lips and silenced her. "Marie I’m only going to ask this once," he said, raising an eyebrow. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!” Marie nodded her head. “Yes I will!" She put her hand on the back of Logan’s neck and pulled him down so she could kiss him.

Logan grabbed one of her hands and held it next to his heart. He gently led her around in a small dance, thankful a slow song was playing. Reluctantly moving away from her lush mouth, he rested his forehead against hers. "I’m glad you said yes, darlin’, ‘cause I thought I was going to have to keep asking you."

Marie laughed and looked up at him. "Logan," she said turning serious, "take me to bed."

"Anything you say, baby."

Much to Marie’s surprise, Logan picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. He began to practically run towards the door that led to the back stairwell of the mansion.

When they reached their bedroom, they both were frantic with touching and kissing any part they could of each other. Once stripped of all their clothes, Logan rolled Marie under him, only stopping when he thought he heard a faint whimper coming from Kayla’s room. He paused and looked up trying to listen.

"What is it sugar?" Marie asked while giving him opened mouth kisses along the jaw.

Logan listened some more. Hearing nothing he turned his attention back towards Marie. "Nothing, baby," he said. He rested one hand above her for support and used the other to apply feather light touches to all her sensitive spots. He stopped to stare at her for a moment.

Marie smiled up at him. She loved this about Logan--he always took the time to take her in. The looks he gave her just before making love to her made her feel cherished in every way.

Logan lowered his head, giving her a slow kiss on the mouth. "You’re so beautiful," he whispered against her lips, "I love you."
"I love you too, Logan." Marie whispered back. She took the hand he had placed on her neck and moved it slowly down her body, resting it on her hip. "Make love to me now."

Before he could respond he thought he heard the distinct sound of Kayla crying. He rolled over and sat up, listening for any more sounds. Marie propped herself up on her elbows and listened with him. "Did you hear Kayla?" she asked.

As soon as she asked the question, they both heard Kayla holler "Daddy!"
"Shit... I’m going to kick Scott’s ass tomorrow," Logan said quietly.

"Daddy!"

"Mommy will be there in just a second, Lil Bit!" Logan hollered back.

"But I want you, Daddy!" Kayla hollered back ending in a wail.

"Logan, she wants you, sugar," Marie said with a small smile.

"Daddy, please come here!"

"Don’t worry I’ll be waiting right here when you get back."

Logan got up and put his sweats on. He gently opened the door to Kayla’s room and peeked inside. He could see Kayla sitting up in her bed. Logan’s heart melted when he saw her hold out her arms and heard a whimper escape from her pouting lips.

He walked over to her and picked her up. "What’s the matter, Lil Bit?" he asked as he threw the covers back. With Kayla clinging to him tightly he lowered himself down onto her bed.

"The green man was coming after me on his flying machine," she said sniffling.

Logan rubbed her back looking up at the ceiling wondering what to say.
He thought he was going to choke with the death grip her little arms had around his neck.

"Was this the same green man from the movie you watched earlier?" he asked.

Kayla raised up to look at him. "Yes,sir."

"Well, just so you know, I kicked his ass so damn..." Logan was stopped by Marie’s sharp voice calling his name from the other room.

He gave Kayla his best ‘oops’ look, and Kayla laughed at her daddy getting in trouble. Logan lowered his voice and said, "Now don’t tell Mommy, but I kicked his ass real good."

"I’m glad you kicked his ass, Daddy!" Kayla said loudly. Logan covered her mouth with his hand and said "Shh!" He waited to hear if Marie would say anything. Kayla only giggled against Logan’s hand.

Marie rolled her eyes, at her daughter’s words and the giggles that came after. She listened as Logan began to tickle her and get her mind off her nightmare. After a while things grew quiet and Marie wondered if Logan had fallen asleep in there with her.

Logan shuffled quietly back into his and Marie’s bedroom. He shut the door and turned to face Marie. He couldn’t help but smile at her sleeping form curled up on her side. He got in the bed and spooned her, looking down at her face, moving the hair that had fallen over her neck. Placing a kiss there, he settled down next to her, wrapping his arms around her. He felt Marie snuggle into him.

Logan knew that they would finish where they had left off in the morning, but for now he was content to let her sleep. His last thought before going to sleep was how good life was for him now.