Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: I was looking through some songs I had and I started thinking how a few I heard reminded me of Logan and Marie, so I thought ‘hey lets write and see where it gets me’ hope you all like. This song is by Christina Aguilera.
>Song Lyrics

~Marie’s P.O.V.~

I can’t believe, he just up and left me, just put the letter in my hand and walked off. Didn’t really think about it at first, I just thought he was going into town. That was until I read what was in the letter, that’s if you can really call it a letter, more like a note.

‘I can’t sit back anymore and watch you with another man.
I’m sorry.’

That’s all it said, but with only these words I knew what he meant. It meant that he loved me, but didn’t want to cause me and himself heartache so he did what he thought was best and left. That’s why I’m on my way to Laughlin City, don’t ask me why I’m heading there, it’s just this feeling I’ve got. I know Logan there’s I just hope I can find my there, but with this rain coming down it makes it really hard to see the road.

>When I'm lost in the rain,
>In your eyes I know I'll find the light
>To light my way.
>And when I'm scared,
>And losing ground,

God this is crazy, I’ve got no clue where I am, my car broke down about 8 miles back, the next town is 20 miles away, and it’s raining harder than before. And to add the cherry on top of the cake, the only car I’ve seen for the last 3 miles kept on driving and splashed me when it drove through a puddle, which I just so happen to be standing next to at the time. I swear could this day get any worse.

>When my world is going crazy,
>You can turn it all around.
>And when I'm down you're there
>- pushing me to the top.
>You're always there,
>giving me all you've got.

I swear if I don’t find somewhere to shelter for the night I’m gonna die of pneumonia, or worse get frost bite and lose all my toes. God just for once will you be on my side and just send one car to give me a list just one.

“Thank you God,” I saying looking up to the open heavens. A truck has just driven past me and stopped at the side of the road, talk about pray being the answer. I run up to the passenger side of the truck, open the door and jump in.

>For a shield from the storm,
>For a friend, for a love
>to keep me safe and warm
>I turn to you.
>For the strength to be strong,
>For the will to carry on
>For everything you do,
>for everything that's true
>I turn to you.


“Thanks for the lift, I thought for a moment that I was gonna have to- LOGAN!” holy shit I can’t believe this, out of the only two vehicles to pass me since I started walking, the one that stops to give me a list just happen to be Logan. God must really like me today if he’s allowed this.

“Marie, what the hell are you doing all the way out here. Anything could of happen to you, what if I hadn’t seen you, what if some sick twist pervert picked you what would you have done then huh?” typical Logan always finding an excuse to start a fight with anyone, even me.

“Well I’m happy to see you too sugah, how have things been going for you? Cause right now I’m freezing my little toes off and if I don’t get some hot in me soon I’m gonna pass out,” I hope that wasn’t to blunt for him, but I think he understood what I said ‘cause he’s just noticed that I’m drench through and shaking like a leaf.

Seeing that I’m shaking Logan reaches behide him and pulls out his duffel bag and throws it onto my lap. “Go get changed then will talk,” well at least I know that we are going to talk but for now I really need to get out of these clothes.


>When I lose the will to win,
>I just reach for you and
>I can reach the sky again.
>I can do anything
>'Cause your love is so amazing,
>'Cause your love inspires me.
>And when I need a friend,
>You're always on my side
>Giving me faith
>that gets me through the night.


Well this is turning out to be an uneventful evening, after I got changed into his 6 sizes to big clothes all he did was drive. That’s it, no talking, no eye contact, not even a growl, and believe me I tired almost anything to get one of those out of him, even talked about Remy and still nothing. In the end I just gave up and sat in silent’s until we reach some run down town in the middle of nowhere, that thankfully had what I guess you call a motel.

It smelt more like a public toilet, but hey a room a room right? “Looks cosy,” I say as we enter the room still no reaction. “Are you going to talk to me yet?” I’ve had enough of the silent treatment.

“Go get showered, I’m gonna try and find us something to eat,” I look at him, but he’s still not looking at me. “Logan, I-“

“Just go get showered Marie,” finally some eye contact, and from what I saw in those hazel eyes I really should listen to him.

>For a shield from the storm,
>For a friend, for a love
>to keep me safe and warm
>I turn to you.
>For the strength to be strong,
>For the will to carry on
>For everything you do,
>for everything that's true
>I turn to you.


So I heard for the bathroom, not exactly clean but at least there’s clean towels and hot water, which I have to admit felt heavenly after being in the cold for so long. Once I’m out with a towel wrap round me I relies that I didn’t bring any clean clothes into the bathroom with me. Opening the door I find the room empty so I run over to my bag, which is on the floor by the bed only to find that all my clothes are soaked.

“Damn it, now what?” looking around I see Logan’s bag on the floor, I rush over and pull out one of his shirts and a pair of boxers hidden right at the bottom. I drop the towel on the bed and put the shirt on and start to do the buttons up.

“Looks good on you darlin, but you could of asked me first,”

“Shit, Logan you scared me half to death,” I quickly turn my back to and finishing doing the buttons up. “How much did you see anyway?” I inquire ‘cause if he got a good look, I want one as well.

“Only enough to know that you’ve had your appendix out,” shit I think I’m turning redder then a tomato. “So what food did you get?” let’s change the subject here and fast.

“The best that Donner’s Dinner had to offer, which wasn’t a lot but hey its food right?” he hands me one of the brown bags in his hand, and sits on one side of the bed. I move to the other side giving him plenty of space.

We sat eating in more silents; I swear even the dead make more noise than Logan does. “So, you gonna tell me why I found you beside the road in the middle of nowhere?” FINALLY, well he goes nothing.

“Would you believe I was looking for you?” and there’s that eyebrow I love so much.

“Weird place to be looking for me, I don’t tend to walk along the roads, well not unless I’m planning of jumping in front of a lorry,” wise cracking son of a bitch, he’s making fun of me.

“For your information I did have a car but it broke down. And if you wanna know where I was heading I was on my way to Laughlin City.”

“Laughlin City? Why there, nothing but a few empty buildings and a bar,” please don’t tell me his that thick.

“I was going because I was hoping you would head back there and I would bump into you,”

“And why would you wanna bump into me darlin, though you’d be at the mansion living a happy life with all your friends and boyfriend,” what?? He thinks I want all that, well I’ll show him.

“The reason why I wanted to bump into you was so that I could do this,” I reach and grab the back of his head and plant my lips right on top of his. It was a bit awaking at first, that could be because I was more shocked then Logan that I was kissing him, but it didn’t take Logan long to get a grip on things. By grip I mean him griping the back of my head to deepen the kiss, and what a kiss. I know people say they see stars if it’s a good kiss, well let me tell you I was seeing the universe with this kiss.

He started to pull away, which I guess is a good thing as I was losing oxygen pretty quick there. “So is that the only reason you came after me darlin?”


>For the arms to be my shelter
>through all the rain,
>For truth that will never change,
>For someone to lean on,
>For a heart I can rely on through anything,
>For that one who I can run to...
>For a shield from the storm,
>For a friend, for a love
>to keep me safe and warm
>I turn to you


He’s stroking my cheek and lips; I like that, like that a lot actually. “Well it was just one of the reason why I came looking for you. The other one was I wanted to know why, why did you just take off and not wait for me to read your note first?” oh he’s gotta up from the bed and now pacing around the room. He paces for a good 5 minutes before he finally stopped in front of me.

“I left because you seemed to be so happy with the Gumbo and I was getting confused on what you felt for me, for him, and I was getting angry at the fact that I couldn’t even tell you that I love you to your face,” whoa did he just say what I think he just said. Yep he did, cause that look of dread on his face just shows that he didn’t mean for me to hear that yet.

“You love me? Then why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I’m standing in front of him now, my neck was killing me from looking up at him.

“You where with Gumbo, I though you where happy with him, he’s somewhat normal after all, and stable enough for you to be in a relationship with. Even though I did want to rip his balls out throw his ears,” typical Logan just assume and not ask straight out what was going on.

“Logan, Remy and I were never a couple. We got on so well cause he knows what it’s like growing up in the south. Also we both have the same taste in men so that was just an added bonus,” I think the penny just dropped, about time to.

“Wait, you saying that Gumbo, likes men?” the look on his face is priceless right now, and I’m finding it really hard not to laugh at him.

“Yes you num-nut Remy is gay, and out to everyone how did you not know this? But it doesn’t matter now because I’m here with you in your arms and that’s where I wanna stay.”

“Yeah? Well I kind of like the feeling of you in my arms, and in my life, and in my heart,” isn’t this guy the biggest woes you know? But it doesn’t matter ‘cause I know Logan and I know that him admitting his feelings to me is a big step in trust for him, and I’m happy that it’s me he’s willing to open up to.

“You do huh, well I’ve got to admit I like it here too. Oh and one more thing just encase you didn’t know, I love you too,” I lean up to kiss him again.

Man this guy knows how to kiss, and you know what he’s all mine and I couldn’t be happier.


>For the strength to be strong,
>For the will to carry on
>For everything you do,
>for everything that's true
>I turn to you.
Chapter End Notes:
Okay I’m major debating whether or not to add another chapter to this story or not, let me know what you think.