Author's Chapter Notes:
A song I have always wanted to pair up with Logan. For some reason my muse kept fighting, ruining my mood and is sulking now in the corner, and I have a feeling that I may have to raise the rating of these scribblings to make him cooperate again.
**Nobody is perfect but I'm pretty fucking close**



“I must say that I don’t approve your training methods. It’s a small wonder that you haven’t killed off your entire team already…”
“Fuck you, Summers. You’re just jealous because your team is dragging so far behind because that new guy refuses to participate…”
“This is not a competition! I’m worried about their safety! First and foremost they’re all my students, and I’d hate to see even one of them getting hurt!”
“Your students? Last time I checked they have already graduated, and every one of them is perfectly sensible adult, capable of making their own decisions.”
“Logan! You may be invulnerable and able to take what those droids are throwing at you, but you can’t seriously expect…”
“Nobody’s perfect, Scott. Not even me. But I’m pretty fucking close, and good at what I do, and I need a team that’s able to keep up the pace. Back off!”



**What's wrong with being self-possessed?
Nobody satisfied with being second best.**



He checked the scenario he had programmed for the one last time, satisfied of how it had turned out, then shut the power from the droids. His team had already survived and conquered every challenge and obstacle he had thrown at them. He wasn’t training them just so they could survive in the field. What good it did to anybody to know how to dodge but not knowing how to dispatch the threat? And what good they would be for him, ducking in to hiding as soon as first hail of bullets buzzed towards them?

Scott was training survivors. He was training the best there was with everything he got, because nothing less would do.



**I'm the biggest,
The best,
Better than the rest,
Better than the rest.**


Radio was crackling, relaying messages, screams and shouted commands in to his left ear. He grimaced and adjusted the earpiece, resisting the urge to tear it off. This wasn’t a training exercise. Scott was out there somewhere, his team, Jean, Storm and the Beast pinned down, hiding behind rubble and debris. It would be up to him and his team to get them out to safety.

“Okay, kids. It’s your job to get them out. Tinman, you’re the leader. You have exactly… Three minutes to figure out a way to get them out,” he grunted zipping up the jacket of his uniform.
“Aren’t you supposed to lead us out there?” Bobby asked. He shook his head.
“Not in this time. You’re going to work as a team. I’m going in alone and distract those fuckers.”
“Jack-In-The-Box,” Marie said. He nodded.
“Or Ace-In-The-Sleeve. They saw how Scott operates. They will probably expect you to cluster around me just like Storm, Jean and Beast did to Scott. I’ll go in alone, scramble them a bit and that should give you guys a small window to get past them relatively safely.”

“Just… Be careful, okay?” Marie whispered when he opened the hatch of the jet. He patted his chest, his knuckles rapping against something hard. Kevlar.
“You know me, darling. I’m the best there is…” He smirked.



**I’ve got the gift and I know that I’m blessed**



He didn’t hesitate when first bullets ricocheted from his chest plate. Everything vital he had covered with Kevlar. He’d heal, but if he took bad enough hit it would put him out of commission at leas few minutes, and now that wasn’t an option.

He found the group of soldiers that had Scott’s team pinned down. There were nine men, heavily armed, and he could hear their radios crackling constantly. They were probably waiting for the back-up team. He stepped on the line of fire and unsheathed his claws, letting them know that the rules of the game had just been changed. One bullet grazed his cheek snapping his head to the side and one embedded itself to his thigh. He smirked. They’d have to do better…



**I’m not afraid of competition ‘cos I know that I’m the best
And you haven’t got a chance to even pass my little test**



He could hear his team swooping by over the screaming of the soldiers. He didn’t turn to look. They’d be alright, men in front of him wouldn’t notice even if the fucking Dumbo flew right over them singing show tunes. Their whole attention was drawn towards one of them that hung limply from his claws, one set piercing his chest, other embedded under his jaw, keeping his head upright. The man was still alive, not yet realized what would happen as soon as he let go of him.
“Oh, my God!” He could hear one of them huffing.
“Your God is not here… But I am!” He released the man who fell on the floor, dead but twitching and squirting blood to everywhere. Rest of the soldiers had been too dazed to move, but now they were sobering up quickly, turning their guns pointing at him, and he couldn’t help laughing.
“If you’re going to shot me, then shot! I haven’t got all day to squander to you!”




Clawfinger: Biggest & The Best


Nobody is perfect but I’m pretty fucking close
And I’m here to give you all a heavy heavenly dose.
I think you better listen ‘cos I know who you are
And I think that you should treat me like a superstar
Because I’m more than just a human I’m a gift to all of you
And I’m here to make sure that my message gets through
I wonder if you’re really all as dumb as you look
Or are you smart enough to learn the rules in my book
I hope you understand that the knowledge I bring
Puts me in the position of a god or a king
‘cos I’m blessed with the gift of the magic touch
and I wouldn’t say that I’m asking for to much
all you have to do is get down on your knees and pray
and I promise you the remedy is on its way
but you can never be like me so don’t waste your time
because I reign supreme and my position is divine

what’s wrong with being self possessed?
Nobody’s satisfied with being second best
I’ve got the gift and I know that I’m blessed
And I've got to get it off my chest
I’m the biggest the best better than the rest better than the rest [x4]

I’m not afraid of competition ‘cos I know that I’m the best
And you haven’t got a chance to even pass my little test
Even if you wanted to you couldn’t pay the price
There ain’t no room for losers in my perfect paradise
‘cos life is always based upon the weight of your success
so I’ll make sure that I get the most and nothing less
if I love myself then everyone will love me to
and there’s nothing you can do for me that I can’t do

what’s wrong with being self possessed?
Nobody’s satisfied with being second best
I’ve got the gift and I know that I’m blessed
And I've got to get it off my chest

I’m the biggest the best better then the rest better then the rest [x4]

So welcome to my kingdom and enjoy you little stay
Even if you can’t afford it I’ll still make you pay
So you better come and get it and enjoy it while you can
Don’t tell me that you’re dumb enough to think I give a damn
I couldn’t care less about what you achieve
And there’s only one thing that you have to believe
The only thing important that you have to understand
Is that no matter what you say it’s still a god I really am

I’m the biggest the best better than the rest better than the rest [x8]