Author's Chapter Notes:
Ahh. All it took was Alice Cooper and I got this going again. Few more chappies left.
He checked his surroundings with nervous glance, and when his quick inspection revealed the room empty besides him and Marie he locked the door behind them. She was sitting on her bed, her hands crossed over her breasts.

“I came to talk with you on the other day…”
“And that went really well,” Marie whispered. They were both grinning from ear to ear.
“Yeah… That it did,” he admitted, shifting his feet, his gaze lowering to the toes of his boots.
“What did you wanted to talk?” Marie asked.
“I… Uh… I wanted to apologize. I… I have been acting like an ass for the past months…”
“Past months? Try past years, Logan.”
“Yeah. I’m sorry. And… And I wanted to ask if you could come back in to the team?”
“Logan…”
“No, hear me out first, okay? I really am sorry for the way I have been treating you. I tried so hard not to make you any more special than anybody else that I kind of forgot to treat you like I’d treat everybody else. I promise I’ll do better in the future…”
“Logan.”
“You’re really going to make me do it, aren’t you? Shit, kid… I already apologized… Okay…” He kneeled in front of her, taking her palm in to his hands. Locked his gaze in to her eyes.
“Marie? Would you please come back to the team? I… We need you, and…” A pillow smacking to the side of his head interrupted his heartfelt plea.
“Would you listen for a change? I was going to say that I’m coming back!”
“Really? You mean that?”
“Yes. But there’s going to be some basic rules.”
“Same rules as everybody else has.”
“Yes. And one more.”
“Marie…”
“Yes. The most important rule of them all. Rule number one that overrides every single one of the other rules. The holy, unbreakable, written-in-the-stone sacrament.”
“Marie, I can’t…”
”Listen very carefully. Break this rule, and I’ll be leaving the team faster than you can say ‘kid’.”
“Okay.”
“There will be no exceptions whatsoever concerning me and the other rules. Everything applies to me just like it applies to everybody else. Absolutely no exceptions, no good or bad. Is that clear?”
“Crystal.”
“Good. Now… I have something I have wanted to talk with you as well.”
“Okay…”
“I seem to recall a moment when you were dead on sure that we would end up between sheets together.”

He fell on his ass from his kneeling position.
“Uh… Kid…”
“Nuh-huh. You don’t get to play that card again, mister. I’m through with school. Have been well over a year now.”
“Marie…” He couldn’t find the right words no matter how hard he tried. Right now Kitty’s mutation would have been quite handy, just drop through the floor and he’d have been home free.
“Yes. Marie. Quite curious and truth to be told quite fucking frustrated Marie. How long are we going to dance around this? Until I’m old and grey and entirely too stiff and crippled for having wild sex with you?”
“Marie!”

He crawled backwards when she crept down from the bed, reaching for his knees. This wasn’t happening. This really wasn’t happening. Maybe he had skewered Timmy for being a prick and Scott had blasted him to the kingdom to come, and this was his punishment. Except that the hands that grasped his knees and slid higher over his denim covered thighs felt awfully real.

“You’re… Stop. You’re…” He stuttered when he found himself cornered between wall and Marie.
“I’m what?” Marie asked, leaning closer and licking his lower lip slowly.
“You’re too…”
“Say ‘young’ and I swear I bash your head in. School’s out, Logan. It’s time to play…”



Alice Cooper: School’s Out

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Makin all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks

Out for summer
Out till fall
We might not go back at all

School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely